Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. (1855 Views)

Photo : What Helps You Relieve Stress ? / Letter To Politics Section Moderators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2013
Going by the recent events of the past one week and the way the Politics section Moderators handled the issues, it is very clear that they are not alive to their duties either as a act of omission or commission.

I personally believe that Afam has not been a good Moderator

Sexkillz believes that the job of a moderator starts and ends with wielding the ban punishment without prior warning

OAM4J allows issues to fester on to dangerous level before coming in at half effort to clean and hide posts.

These three moderators so far have been found wanting.

I think it's time they voluntarily resign like Jarus did or they are force out.

Please as stakeholders in Nairaland, kindly sign this petition for the removal of these Moderators if they would no do the honorable thing by resigning on their own accord

...it's high time that members have an input on who moderates this section
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Signed..
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by malc619(m): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J is ok and level headed. He is reasonable, fair and displays good judgement in dealing with members.

Aside being a Bigot, Afam is a mediocre, I think he should be given some training by OAM4J on how to discharge his duties. After which he should proceed to Pastor TB Joshua for serious prayers to rid him of his bigotry.

Sexkit is a disaster. He should be sent off this section with immediate effect.

Yes I've "yarned"

cool

2 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by ogb5(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2013
See as people just the dey use their own hand put themselves for ban list.

Sign what ?
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by patrick89(m): 11:22am On Aug 06, 2013
malc619: OAM4J is ok and level headed. He is reasonable, fair and displays good judgement in dealing with members.

Aside being a Bigot, Afam is a mediocre, I think he should be given some training by OAM4J on how to discharge his duties. After which he should proceed to Pastor TB Joshua for serious prayers to rid him of his bigotry.

Sexkit is a disaster. He should be sent off this section with immediate effect.

Yes I've "yarned"

cool

You made no sense up there, try again
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by patrick89(m): 11:23am On Aug 06, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: Signed..

You are on your own, he can't satisfy everybody!

1 Like

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by malc619(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2013
patrick89:

Mr. "Aproko is ma hobby"...thank you for ur mumucentric observation.
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Yeske2(m): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2013
Useless thread and coming from a known bigot makes it even worthless.

1 Like

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by DrWalter: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2013
Afam should be banned...I don't even knw how he became a moderator

3 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 06, 2013
Yeske!:
Useless thread and coming from a known bigot makes it even worthless.

No point for insult, just sign or ignore.

Show a thread that I have been involved in any e-fight on Nairaland, and I will apologize to you and the Mods and ask that this thread be pulled down.
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 06, 2013
patrick89:

No insults please.

Sign or ignore the post
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

No insults please.

Sign or ignore the post

I CONCUR!!!

SIGNED AND SEALED!!!

Another good way is for Seun to strike a balance along d 3 ethnics by allocating each a moderator that represent each.. I mean why is Nairaland been called Nairaland if the interest of other group having their kinsman moderated is of no importance to the Administrator?
or you say what on what I just raised?

2 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by chi3280(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
OAM4J should remain. Afam and Sexkid should go to hell!!

Signed.

3 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2013
chi 3280: OAM4J should remain. Afam and Sexkid should go to hell!!

Signed.

Good. ...but one of d those two will probably stay WHILE the other would be kicked out for a Northerner to replace him, making the wholesome equation newly BALANCED.
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by chi3280(m): 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2013
St_Black:

Good. ...but one of d those two will probably stay WHILE the other would be kicked out for a Northerner to replace him, making the wholesome equation newly BALANCED.
Afam and sexkid should phuck off!! Don't tell me there's no one capable of filling their positions. they have no business moderating politics section. Sexkid especially has no business moderating in politics section rather than to place his filthy fingers on the ban button. Both of them should be shown the way out!! OAM4J should remain. I don't care if a fulani or ijaw man is given the moderator job, but Afam and sexkid must go!!

2 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by PointB: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2013
When will people stop this rubbish?

I mean are the folks who open this sort of threads jobless, or just plain childish?

Do they even know the amount of time and effort devoted to monitoring and moderating comments in a section as active yet volatile as the politics section? Do they know the sleepless night and opportunity cost of these moderating job?

In fairness, these MODs are doing their best bringing sanity to these board and I strongly believe they should be commended, not hated and derided by childish and immature folks. I doff my hat for OAM4J, Afam4ever and Sexkilz. I know it's not easy being caught in the middle of these e-wars, but you folks have nonetheless done your best to ensure sanity is restored. I say well done!

@Seun - the admin/webmaster,

I like to know if you appreciate your MODs, I mean financially. If you don't, I think it's high time you started doing that. These guys (MODs) are working tirelessly for you and deserve more than a pat on the back.

Meanwhile this thread I believe is borne out of ignorance, hatred, and pure malice - and it is only aimed at continuing the e-war. I suggest it should be locked, and allowed to drown in the growing pool of threads.

4 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by patrick89(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
malc619:

Mr. "Aproko is ma hobby"...thank you for ur mumucentric observation.

Still doesn't make sense, try again for the last time!
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by patrick89(m): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2013
PointB: When will people stop this rubbish?

I mean are the folks who open this sort of threads jobless, or just plain childish?

Do they even know the amount of time and effort devoted to monitoring and moderating comments in a section as active yet volatile as the politics section? Do they know the sleepless night and opportunity cost of these moderating job?

In fairness, these MODs are doing their best bringing sanity to these board and I strongly believe they should be commended, not hated and derided by childish and immature folks. I doff my hat for OAM4J, Afam4ever and Sexkilz. I know it's not easy being caught in the middle of these e-wars, but you folks have nonetheless done your best to ensure sanity is restored. I say well done!

I like to know if you appreciate your MODs, I mean financially. If you don't, I think it's high time you started doing that. These guys (MODs) are working tirelessly for you and deserve more than a pat on the back.

Meanwhile this thread I believe is borne out of ignorance, hatred, and pure malice - and it is only aimed at continuing the e-war. I suggest it should be locked, and allowed to drown in the growing pool of threads.
They want em out because they(mod) give them(protesters) what they deserve, E-war is encoded iin their DNA, they can't do without it
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
so they should be banned cos they are igbos? Is this what it has come to? Why stoop so low?
Tribalism is a disease and it kills. Thank any mod that bans you for being tribalistic, he just lenghtened your days.
If you have an unbiased reason for the ban just state it. This thread reeks of tribalism and bigotry. Later on you will rant on why u were banned. Im out of here
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ok...

I like Afam for one thing..he gets in d fight.
He joins and u both have ur argument. The only wrong thing is how he is a bigot in hiding posts of opposition to ibos!

Sexkillz?
grin that one is a joke..a kid.
It's just like giving a kid a gun..
It's wrong..

He will ban u like it gives him orgasmm!!! grin

Well, he is free..

Getting tired of nairaland anyways..
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by chi3280(m): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2013

We the forumites in this section have the right to complain about any moderator! No one was forced to be a moderator, rather it is a voluntary job. If the heat is too much to handle, the door is open. Jarus and ikenna did the same and today and they are not less of what they used to be.

I repeat, Afam and Sexkid should phuck off!!
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by seanet01: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
Signed
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
Signed
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
While we are here making REASONABLE contributions on a way of PROGRESSING d current administration on ground through a form of de-tribalized system of moderation, im not surprised some with sinister motives with paralysed hindsight as opposed to such progress can come here with sentimental frivolities by disacknowledging the truth on what needs to be done.
Who gives a heck whether mods do well or not?....Good or bad performance, a new system of BALANCE cutting across d 3 ethnic majors is ONLY the main objective of this thread...but instead, and as usual, sinister & bigoted motives of like minds would rather prefer the present system to continue through their warped & sarcastic accusations, as its suits them and their likes.
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by CyberG: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
What I will suggest to Nairaland and Seun is to look into creating of a QA / User Experience team for NL. This is good for the business side as well as the technical side of things. I know it is not as simple as creating a new position and filling it with people but ultimately it will raise the level of quality on this site, which is a business which is actually a product! More quality, more customers, more ads, more revenue!

An objective QA will consistently point-up which of his moderator resources are doing great and the ones that may need some help in becoming better. Not to be seen as significantly deviating from the thread topic though, I think OAM4J has done quite well.
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by CyberG: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
I read someone was "banned till 2056 and the moderator was boasting about it"! Whoever makes this kind of decision is really not going to help this business and Seun should know that, his QA team will catch things like this. Why is that a bad decision? Many but I will give a few. First, 1 of such is maybe nothing but several hundreds or thousands will save junk data about the user on your server, why waste money storing a user and his information which is of no use to the business? It is better to have the user delete that ID or he be informed the ID will be purged in XX days in case he wants to review his post. This is much a better approach. Also, IDs banned in unrealistic and emotion laden mindset like this will only be created with another one multiplying IDs that are duplications, swelling numbers artificially, leading to unreliable statistics, bad data for business are worthless in making accurate business decisions! Meanwhile NL says users not to create another ID if banned, is the mod who banned till 2056 being realistic about such not creating another ID? Assuming he did not, that is another potential customer who may create content that other users may want to read alienated. I could go on but this should be enough!
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2013

Mr man.....Carry your sermon go church on Sunday.

Sign or scram out of this thread....no one forced you to put your mouth.
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2013
CyberG: I read someone was "banned till 2056 and the moderator was boasting about it"! Whoever makes this kind of decision is really not going to help this business and Seun should know that, his QA team will catch things like this. Why is that a bad decision? Many but I will give a few. First, 1 of such is maybe nothing but several hundreds or thousands will save junk data about the user on your server, why waste money storing a user and his information which is of no use to the business? It is better to have the user delete that ID or he be informed the ID will be purged in XX days in case he wants to review his post. This is much a better approach. Also, IDs banned in unrealistic and emotion laden mindset like this will only be created with another one multiplying IDs that are duplications, swelling numbers artificially, leading to unreliable statistics, bad data for business are worthless in making accurate business decisions! Meanwhile NL says users not to create another ID if banned, is the mod who banned till 2056 being realistic about such not creating another ID? Assuming he did not, that is another potential customer who may create content that other users may want to read alienated. I could go on but this should be enough!

i quite have a clear glimpse of ur point of veiw. However, regardless of the positives to come out of the good idea of having or developing a QA that would measure the performances of each individual moderator, a Conscious and NECESSARY attempt SHOULD EQUALLY BE MADE at normalizing the ethno-centric parameters of Moderation that might affect all interests on NL.

In simplicity, what i just mean is that the Administrator needs to weigh side by side, and also take an active step into EQUALLING them ALL together, those whose interests are not been tendered to as regards them having a representative in the Moderators' section WITH those who presently have their representative(s) in place.
if not all sections but the Politics section (also not excluding Culture & Religion) can have 1 kinsman from each ethnic majors in Moderating, isnt it more IDEAL AND POLITE than the present which not only IS depriving the deprived (northerners) but also inhibits one at the expence of the other(yorubas)?

....i just think its high time we just GEAR AND STEER UP the northerners on NL, no matter their numbers, since they have been indirectly brought into the fold going by the name of the site(i.e "Nairaland" )
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Asoozy: 4:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Signed!
Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Ngwakwe: 5:49pm On Aug 06, 2013
Bros, stay out of trouble and be civilised whilst stating your opinions to avoid getting banned.

I have been in Nairaland for 5 years and being present online for more than 2 months and three days with almost 2000 comments under different moderators and yet without a BAN

I speak out for my people and also criticise our leaders without insulting and demeaning my opponent. I am 100% confident that I will never be banned throughout my stay in Nairaland.

ALAKE_OF_EGBA:

Mr man.....Carry your sermon go church on Sunday.

Sign or scram out of this thread....no one forced you to put your mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
@ ALAKE_OF_EGBA
I'd actually love and suggest if u WISH, to change the titke of the topic to something similar to this:

"Petition To have a Northerner replace one of the current Politics Moderators".
get d drift bro? wink

(NB: this thread may eventually incite the anger of d suspectable of them as they might not be able to bear the turn-out that might await, which can make the suspectible ones to delete this thread by their sentimental emotions of the phobia as a result.
.......Hence, and in essence, i suggest u make this topic CLEARLY so UN-BIASED that it renders any of the suspectable of them with nothing but FRUSTRATION of leaving the topic alone, since such attempt to delete can question their motive.)

(1) (2)

Please Help!how Can I Tell My Boss He Has Mouth Odour / Body Of A Dead Female Found On Unilag Road / I Am Home Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.