Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,535 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:36 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034378 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:56am On Apr 16, 2017
Perhaps they meant "gunship".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:12am On Apr 16, 2017
jteku:
Can anybody help with what TVC mean by a "gunboat aircraft.

Activities begin to mark Airforce’s 53rd anniversary

The Nigerian Air force has started activities to mark its 53rd Anniversary with a Juma’at Service at the Air force base along Airport Road in Abuja.

The service was attended by high ranking Air force officers led by the chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Saddique Abubakar.

The Air force Chief told journalists that the climax of activities to mark the Air force week would be the unveiling of the recently acquired Gunboat Aircraft.

He believes the gunboat aircraft would make a difference in the war against the insurgency.

http://www.tvcontinental.tv/2017/04/16/activities-begin-mark-airforces-53rd-anniversary/

MI35M attack helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
Mass surrenders of Allied forces in WW2

The fall of Tobruk was greeted
with disbelief bordering on outrage within the Allied camp, while the conqueringLieutenant General Erwin Rommel was lauded by an eager
http://www.academia.edu/2644030/The_greatest_military_reversal_of_South_African_arms_The_fall_of_Tobruk_1942_an_avoidable_blunder_or_an_inevitable_disaster

Someone claimed the 2 SA dIv commander was drunk!

Gen Hendrik Klopper who surrendered Tobruk with nearly intact forces of almost 20k.

He was responsible for the greatest battlefield reversal in SA history.

Mikecza,Patchesagain,what was the real story?

2 years later in Italy the 1st,3rd and 4th Rangers were deactivated after a crushing defeat and mass surrender at Cisterna some 30 k from the successful beach landings at Anzio a week previously.
A combi of poor leadership,horrible luck,bad intel and inexperience saw them unprepared for combat with combined top class well led SS Hermann Goring division and Wehrmacht paras equipped with half tracks and MG 42s.
Btw,the Goring boys played a major role in the bloodiest battles of WW2 defending Monte Cassino. Here are some of them.

[img]http://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI-ayrYsCoq7UvJaIR-TJiPAaw63o1orEwBC-O2m-ondebb1IP[/img]

Also noted by several of the high-ranking Ranger officers was the decline in the quality of the men. Veteran solders that had been killed during front line fighting were being replaced by inadequately trained replacements. Often, their training had to be cut short to fill the gaps in the Ranger lines. During the battle of Cisterna, this lack of training, especially in nighttime operations, would prove disastrous

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=250
Within 24 hrs the German arty was firing pointblank and entire sections began to surrender.

By the end of the day, January 31, 1944, the 1st and 3rd Ranger battalions were no more. Only six men of the entire 767-man force made it back to friendly lines. Two entire battalions had been annihilated, and all the others had been killed or captured
Thats one movie they WON'T make of their fav Hollywood boys!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:38pm On Apr 16, 2017
kikuyu1:
Mass surrenders of Allied forces in WW2

http://www.academia.edu/2644030/The_greatest_military_reversal_of_South_African_arms_The_fall_of_Tobruk_1942_an_avoidable_blunder_or_an_inevitable_disaster

Someone claimed the 2 SA dIv commander was drunk!

Gen Hendrik Klopper who surrendered Tobruk with nearly intact forces of almost 20k.

He was responsible for the greatest battlefield reversal in SA history.

Mikecza,Patchesagain,what was the real story?

2 years later in Italy the 1st,3rd and 4th Rangers were deactivated after a crushing defeat and mass surrender at Cisterna some 30 k from the successful beach landings at Anzio a week previously.
A combi of poor leadership,horrible luck,bad intel and inexperience saw them unprepared for combat with combined top class well led SS Hermann Goring division and Wehrmacht paras equipped with half tracks and MG 42s.
Btw,the Goring boys played a major role in the bloodiest battles of WW2 defending Monte Cassino. Here are some of them.

[img]http://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRI-ayrYsCoq7UvJaIR-TJiPAaw63o1orEwBC-O2m-ondebb1IP[/img]

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=250
Within 24 hrs the German arty was firing pointblank and entire sections began to surrender.

Thats one movie they WON'T make of their fav Hollywood boys!

They had just gotten their arses kicked at Gazala, the defences at Tobruk had not been maintained and Allied High Command had given conflicting directives as to whether or not Tobruk was to be defended to the last man.

He obviously reckoned that it would be too costly to hold it against Rommel.

Yeah, you bet I would be absolutely wasted if I was about to surrender my Division. Especially after the Austrialians had put up such a good defence previously

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 16, 2017
paratroopers academy visit for media , algerian army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avrlu55YNh0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2017
Just want to know if you'll take the shot.

airborne360 Nemesis2u deathmachine henry Jakes etc

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 6:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
jteku:
Can anybody help with what TVC mean by a "gunboat aircraft.

Activities begin to mark Airforce’s 53rd anniversary

The Nigerian Air force has started activities to mark its 53rd Anniversary with a Juma’at Service at the Air force base along Airport Road in Abuja.

The service was attended by high ranking Air force officers led by the chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Saddique Abubakar.

The Air force Chief told journalists that the climax of activities to mark the Air force week would be the unveiling of the recently acquired Gunboat Aircraft.

He believes the gunboat aircraft would make a difference in the war against the insurgency.

http://www.tvcontinental.tv/2017/04/16/activities-begin-mark-airforces-53rd-anniversary/

" Gunship helicopter "
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2017
tdayof:

Yes if I have time I will shoot in his feet, otherwise if he is ready to fire on my guys he is dead

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 16, 2017
NAF DAY CELEBRATION:INTERDENOMINATIONAL CHURCH SERVICE IN LAGOS AREA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2017
tdayof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9GIOE3Ba8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2017
*Off topic*

Thoughts?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2017
gottfried21:
*Off topic*

Thoughts?
name the aircraft and the country that flies it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2017
MiddleDimension:
name the aircraft and the country that flies it.
IAIO Qaher-313
It's an Iranian Stealth fighter prototype
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2017
gottfried21:

IAIO Qaher-313
It's an Iranian Stealth fighter prototype
and you are...Kenyan?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2017
i think the iranians can down the saudis in a military show down
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2017
MiddleDimension:
and you are...Kenyan?
Nope,Namibian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 2:35am On Apr 17, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
CAS, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, Tells NTA News That Pres Buhari Shall Commission Some Of The "Most Sophisticated Helicopters" during the course of the NAF Week which commenced today with Jumaat prayers. Says they will be immediately deployed for combat ops.
I believe he is referring to the 2 units of Mi-35M and the 2 bell helicopters seized by customs.

Those Mi35 will be great for Nigeria, and Africa, although its an old design, basically a modified mi8 it can transport and fight, the only one in the world.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 17, 2017
tdayof:

IMO a warning shot would do the trick, scare the little ragamuffin away or take his mind off the mission temporarily, enough to buy my guys some time.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:59am On Apr 17, 2017
Tinfoil:

Those Mi35 will be great for Nigeria, and Africa, although its an old design,[s] basically a modified mi8 it can transport and fight, the only one in the world.[/s]
What are you typing? Mi-17 should be the one you are talking about. angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:19am On Apr 17, 2017
Fidha254:

How did you even end up on that site that has free copy of the same thing sold at 400Euros... I had to use google translator ...
If anyone has the time, if you manage to download, could you please upload it on your googledrive or onedrive and share it so we can download it later when we have free Internet.
Here I was concerned about my bundles, It took about 25 seconds to download and ate 30MBs of mine for a 150MB document.. I always thought you loose relatively the same amount of bundles that you download... My service provider must be of high on Easter spirit-Hunting bunny eggs

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:20am On Apr 17, 2017
tdayof:
What are you typing? Mi-17 should be the one you are talking about. angry
He's kind of right. The Nigerian military should start looking for dedicated attack helicopter like the Mi-28.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:46am On Apr 17, 2017
MikeCZA:
He's kind of right. The Nigerian military should start looking for dedicated attack helicopter like the Mi-28.

What's the mi-35 not a dedicated AH? because it can carry troops? Added advantage
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:51am On Apr 17, 2017
tdayof:

What's the mi-35 not a dedicated AH? because it can carry troops? Added advantage

I can't perform like the Mi-28, Apache etc.

Why do you think the Algerians are replacing their Super Hinds with Mi-28s?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 6:55am On Apr 17, 2017
chkil0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy9GIOE3Ba8

He is already radicalised. ......will shot that thing when he is older....he is going to die
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 17, 2017
MikeCZA:

The MI-35m is the most modern attack helicopter south of the Sahara. It comes with the added advantage of being able to carry 8 troops. That's a major advantage! For troop transport we have the MI-17 and Super Puma.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 17, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

IMO a warning shot would do the trick, scare the little ragamuffin away or take his mind off the mission temporarily, enough to buy my guys some time.

I'll kill the boy. Unfortunately in an active war zone like that part of Iraq, there is a high percentage that he would grow up to be much more of a bigger threat to peace.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:02am On Apr 17, 2017
MikeCZA:

Common. Helicopters perform better than each other it's a norm. However saying the MI-35 isn't a dedicated helicopter because it carries troops is wrong. Tell me one thing the Mi-28 will do and the mi-35 won't do. Armament etc.

I'm not helicopter person so I will love to hear nemesis2u opinion on this argument.

Let us make it an intellectual argument please. We should avoid using insultive words. I know patches will Jump in soon.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2017
MikeCZA:

It performs just as good as the MI-28 and Apache. We wanted to buy the TAI T-129 instead we went for 12 units of MI-35m to complement our 12 units of Mi-24.

Algerians requirements and Nigerian requirements are not the same.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:08am On Apr 17, 2017
tdayof:

Common. Helicopters perform better than each other it's a norm. However saying the MI-35 isn't a dedicated helicopter because it carries troops is wrong. Tell me one thing the Mi-28 will do and the mi-35 won't do. Armament etc.

I'm not helicopter person so I will love to hear nemesis2u opinion on this argument.

Let me it an intellectual argument please. We should avoid using insultive words. I know patches will Jump in soon.
Indians has Hinds but still why did she acquire the Apaches?

Helicopters like the Mi-28, Apache, Tiger etc are better in areas like Flight performance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1095) (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.