Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,981 members, 7,863,482 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034277 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
ActivateKruger:
A white Oryx and a single Augusta AW109 just flew over less than 200m over my head. No Rooivalk... Disappointed grin
No pictures. Disappointed angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2017
Senegalese in Mali

MINUSMA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
Nigeria

Proforce Defence LAV

Nigerian Police

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gabng(m): 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2017
giles14:
oga Henry your proof or links to support your statement.

from army down to the least paramilitary formation, don't patronize our own products .

army-ford,mistibushi ,
police -Nissan
paramilitary - Nissan & Mitsubishi.

apart from anambra state police no other security apparatus use Nigerian made LAV or utility truck

FRSC uses IVM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
Senegalese Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2017
US marines helping to prepare Senegalese soldiers for UN missions in africa

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
UH-60M Black Hawk , Tunisian AF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2017
Kilo submarine , Algerian Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2017
Tunisian SF

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 30, 2017
Kamov Ka-32 T Helix , Algerian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2017
spotted today at algiers naval base . KALAAT Beni-Abbes LPD 474 , C28A heavy corvette , MEKO A200

source : sadral / forcesdz

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2017
gottfried21:
Brazilian KC-390 transport aircraft at the Hosea Kutako International airport yesterday...
@Vice I wonder what it's doing here smiley

I'm impressed by the KC 390,Brazil's first attempt to get into the heavy lift market. Do you have any specs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
kikuyu1:

I'm impressed by the KC 390,Brazil's first attempt to get into the heavy lift market. Do you have any specs?
Hmm
Well,it can fly... grin cheesy I joke I joke
But unfortunately I don't know much about this aircraft.I'm sure you'll be able to find out some more info on Google smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2017
@ Henry240

I was able to dig up something on the December 2014 visit to Russia by Nigerian delegation.

Nigeria has officially reached an arms deal with Russian authorities, the official press agency in Turkey, Anadolu Agency (AA), reported yesterday.
This is coming few days after a Chad-bound Russian plane said to be loaded with arms and ammunition was intercepted by the Nigerian Army at the Malam Aminu Kano Airport.
French Ambassador to Nigeria, Jacques Champagne de LABRIOLLE, said the two light Gazelle helicopters in the plane belonged to France.

A high-level Nigerian delegation led by the air force chief and national security adviser travelled to Russia last week to negotiate the deal, the news agency quoted a senior Nigerian military officer as saying.
“Our team returned to Nigeria on Thursday after a four-day trip,” he said.
“Russia has now agreed to supply us with arms,” asserted the officer. “Henceforth, we are hopeful of getting arms from Russia.”

There have been complaints that Nigerian troops are using “obsolete” arms while the Boko Haram insurgents are stepping up their attacks in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states where they have seized some territories.
The Nigerian military is reportedly seeking fighter jets and modern arms to tilt the balance in its favor.
“Basically, what we are buying from Russia are fighter jets,” said the army officer.
“Light arms, especially guns of varying powers, can be procured from the black market; but you cannot buy fighter jets from the black market,” he explained.
“A war can last many years, if not decades, if both sides rely solely on light arms, which you can get from the black market. In modern warfare, you need air power to establish superiority,” said the officer.
Nigerian defense spokesman Chris Olukolade did not respond to AA’s requests for comment. Attempts to reach the office of the National Security Adviser by Daily Trust also failed yesterday.
Nigeria turned to Russia after failing for months to convince western countries, especially the U.S., to supply it with arms.
“We had to turn to Russia for arms since the U.S. refuses to sell us arms anymore,” the senior military officer told AA.
“No country will be allowed to hold us to ransom,” he said.
In a recent interview with AA, Nigerian presidential spokesman Reuben Abati said his country was ready to seal a counter-insurgency cooperation deal with any country willing to help its battle against Boko Haram.
It is not the first time Russia and Nigeria have had a defense arrangement.
The now-defunct Soviet Union had supplied arms to Nigeria during the country’s 30-month civil war with renegade Biafra soldiers.
Last week the U.S. announced it was discontinuing training for the Nigerian military, a decision Washington said had come at Nigeria’s request.
Nigeria-U.S. relations have floundered recently following American criticisms of Nigeria’s handling of the ongoing Boko Haram insurgency.

Am sure this was what was revisited in 2015 during buhari's regime.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2017
Another one in 2016

Nigeria has openly expressed its frustration with the United States and finally circumvents its arms sale embargo, instead it turned to Russia and Pakistan to purchase warplanes and helicopters.

The US has frustrated all plans of the federal government to buy military hardwares from it. This started during the administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan but surprisingly, it was also extended to the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari in-spite of the perceived smooth relations between the two countries.

The purchase from Russia and Pakistan was confirmed by Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar who said the purchase was aimed at boosting the military in its efforts to end the insurgency by Boko Haram Islamists in the north and militants in the Niger Delta who are bombing oil installations.

The US has refused to lift its ban on the sale of weapons to Nigeria because of the alleged poor human rights record of the Nigerian military. Abubakar said more than 700 Nigerian troops were receiving training.

“I want to say that we have been enjoying support from other countries. Sometimes arm procurement is shrouded in a lot of politics. Unfortunately, I’m not a politician, so I cannot be able to say much on that. But what I can tell you is that right now as I speak to you, we are expecting the Pakistani Chief of Air Staff in Nigeria soon,” he added.

“Pakistan has accepted to sell 10 trainer airplanes. And that is why the Pakistan Chief of Air Staff is coming for the induction ceremony which is going to take place in Kaduna.

“We are really getting support from many countries. Similarly, we have trained so many people in Pakistan, China.

“In the US, we have pilots that are training right now. We have other pilots that have just finished training from the United Kingdom. We have additional pilots that are training in South Africa,” Abubakar added

My problem with this particular report is the pic of SU used instead of JF17 thunder or MI-35.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 30, 2017
iblawi:
@ Henry240

I was able to dig up something on the December 2014 visit to Russia by Nigerian delegation.

Am sure this was what was revisited in 2015 during buhari's regime.
This was 3 years ago... when did Egypt order Mig-29M2? That we already see picture of units waiting delivery.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

This was 3 years ago... when did Egypt order Mig-29M2? That we already see picture of units waiting delivery.

And from the second report we can see the new administration sent another delegation to Russia that renegotiated the whole thing and we didn't hear anything from them. The new administration came into power 2 years ago and that means the visit must be less that 2 years.

We saw pics of algerian helicopters before delivery but we never saw pic of Nigeria's MI-35M until 3months after delivery.

What I'm actually trying to disprove is that Nigerian military never showed interest in Russian fighter jets as claimed by jane's 360 and others.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
kikuyu1:

It's not heavy lift !!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2017
iblawi:

And from the second report we can see the new administration sent another delegation to Russia that renegotiated the whole thing and we didn't hear anything from them. The new administration came into power 2 years ago and that means the visit must be less that 2 years.

We saw pics of algerian helicopters before delivery but we never saw pic of Nigeria's MI-35M until 3months after delivery.

What I'm actually trying to disprove is that Nigerian military never showed interest in Russian fighter jets as claimed by jane's 360 and others.
In that case you're absolutely right, Infact 2 confirmed delegations have held high level talks in Russia so far, one of the visits was just a weeks ago and the other as from 2016 I think.
Pic 1&2 first delegation led by minister of defense
Pic 3 second delegation I think led by minister of foreign affairs although the second visit might be more economically driven.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by mupper2: 12:23am On Jul 01, 2017
Henry240:
OFF TOPIC

Watch and enjoy. Philippine Navy Special Forces in urban combat operation in the city of Marawi

I have to say, i'm damn f**king impressed and quite surprised.

The Commandos are Tactical as Fvck!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O16JP0YRKv4
Just to clear it up, these lads are Army, the LRR (light reaction regiment) their SMU.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:03am On Jul 01, 2017
$15bn defence money unaccounted for — Osinbajo

http:///LM3S50cwsfp
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:24am On Jul 01, 2017
jteku:

$15bn defence money unaccounted for — Osinbajo

http:///LM3S50cwsfp

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 01, 2017
F-5E/F Tiger II , Tunisian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 01, 2017
Tunisian SF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2017
formation of the Algerian DSI ( a kind of SF gendarms like french GIGN ) in the biginings of 2000s or last 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRiWNJQsIjg
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

In that case you're absolutely right, Infact 2 confirmed delegations have held high level talks in Russia so far, one of the visits was just a weeks ago and the other as from 2016 I think.
Pic 1&2 first delegation led by minister of defense
Pic 3 second delegation I think led by minister of foreign affairs although the second visit might be more economically driven.

What's the point of sitting in these meetings when nothing comes out of them eventually.

Anyway, let me kuku type in my lane, before @Supremecourt would come shout me down.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2017
mupper2:

Just to clear it up, these lads are Army, the LRR (light reaction regiment) their SMU.

Ok, thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 01, 2017
Henry240:

What's the point of sitting in these meetings when nothing comes out of them eventually.

Anyway, let me kuku type in my lane, before @Supremecourt would come shout me down.
Henry if you ask me... who I go ask ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 01, 2017
Henry240:

Henry if you ask me... who I go ask ?
As I once said a while ago I am now in a constant state of siddon look, "I cannot come and kill my self".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2017
Republic of Chad soldiers on their Malian deployment

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 01, 2017
Off topic, the world largest proving and testing range just received a new piece of equipment, one I am personally interested in.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 01, 2017
Senegalese Air Force

(1) (2) (3) ... (1218) (1219) (1220) (1221) (1222) (1223) (1224) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.