Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5968289 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2017
@ActivateKruger and jln115,on the 15th I said:
I wonder where Naijj's money for the new buys is coming-most likely extra budgetary funds from a contingency account.
Many nations,Kenya included have secret accounts for war-to enable rapid recruitment,acquisition etc etc. Last time I heard of ours in Kenya was over 10 years back and it was at least 2bn$. Naij must have a similar extra budgetary facility.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 10:22am On Jul 20, 2017
nemesis2u:

bro i always felt ur a sensible person so let me correct u

the radars of a ship will never be able to pick up a un-submerged submarine, forget about a submarine snorkel , against the heavy sea clutter.

which is why ships have hull mounted sonars or towed sonars to detect submarines

the radars of a ship r optimized for

1.picking up air targets at long ranges

2.picking up surface vessel targets at short ranges

it is basically due to simple laws of physics ie curvature of the earth aka limitation of radio horizon

for detecting submarines u will need ASW helicopters or patrol aircrafts or UAVs equipped with sensors like sonar buoys, dunking sonars , MAD sensor , airborne specialized maritime surface search radars , carbon emission detection sensors etc including ships which have hull mounted sonars or towed sonars to detect submarines.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:28am On Jul 20, 2017
nemesis2u:

bro i always felt ur a sensible person so let me correct u

the radars of a ship will never be able to pick up a un-submerged submarine, forget about a submarine snorkel , against the heavy sea clutter.

which is why ships have hull mounted sonars or towed sonars to detect submarines

the radars of a ship r optimized for

1.picking up air targets at long ranges

2.picking up surface vessel targets at short ranges

it is basically due to simple laws of physics ie curvature of the earth aka limitation of radio horizon

for detecting submarines u will need ASW helicopters or patrol aircrafts or UAVs equipped with sensors like sonar buoys, dunking sonars , MAD sensor , airborne specialized maritime surface search radars , carbon emission detection sensors etc including ships which have hull mounted sonars or towed sonars to detect submarines.

This is the standard of posting that should be maintained on this thread.

10/10 post.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 20, 2017
GreenandGold:
On the SAS Spieonkop in the Cape
man that Kenyan airforce camouflage looks like Ankara grin , Ankara is a type if print fabric.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 10:37am On Jul 20, 2017
kikuyu1:
Many nations,Kenya included have secret accounts for war-to enable rapid recruitment,acquisition etc etc. Last time I heard of ours in Kenya was over 10 years back and it was at least 2bn$. Naij must have a similar extra budgetary facility.

Yeah even South Africa. Special Defence Account. But I doubt ours is anywhere close to the $2bn range.

2015/2016 financial year an amount of R6bn was transferred to the account to "acquire, procure and develop armament and technology"

Whatever that means
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 11:09am On Jul 20, 2017
Covert1:

Supplier my friend...Nigeria is not at war with SA and won't be hopefully -- that is if your foreign policy under the ANC and Jacob Zuma which is all over the place behaves though has been behaving since the Bangui debacle -- and as a responsible country obeys the laws of the sea and freedom of navigation in international waters. We have navigated the Cape of Good Hope twice recently. Again if Diplomacy and subtle military threat had not worked The Nigerian Navy would have shown up off Cape Town at the least in a show of Strength.

AAARRGHH! ? Take your meds and log off. Why does this particular thread bring the worst of the fantasists and idlers?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 20, 2017
kikuyu1:
Yeah I agree but its not $1.5bil!! and South Africa also has it's own special defence account.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
kikuyu1:

AAARRGHH! ? Take your meds and log off. Why does this particular thread bring the worst of the fantasists and idlers?
Says the guy with 200 imaginary T-72s, merkava tanks from Israel and 55 Z-9s.
in deed you’re right this thread attracts fantasists.
You never got back to me with the links buddy.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
off toipc :US air force A-10

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
x

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
I urge the regulars of this thread not to entertain certain trolls(Which I have done unfortunately) on this thread! I've tried twice to move the this debate to another thread, yet they obviously had no desire to actual discuss their claims, they are only here to troll, hence they only show up during some sort of debate or discussion, and NEVER contribute to the thread with photos and videos.

Yes Me, Henry240, Patches689,newafricaken254 ect ect ect have had our differences but we always settled it in a civilized(mostly) manner, hence why previous debates never lasted longer than 1-2 pages.......its only when the above mentioned started joining the debates that this thread has gone to sh1t when someone voices an opinion.

ssaengine
Patches689
newafrikaken254
Henry240
jakeporeshenko
nemesis2u
Algerian1
lionel4power
IbnSultaan
ViceAdmiral
gottfried21
ActivateKruger
frumentius
kikuyu1
Fidha254
tdayof
MikeCZA
GreenandGold
Hrmnn
Nok234
LTGEN
SSBN
DEATHMACHINE
bidexiii

Debates between ourselves are fine but we really start to piss each other of when we engage with the trolls!!

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
Just for the fun... It's not SANDF, although that would be interesting.

Playing the warrior

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cristianisraeli: 2:05pm On Jul 20, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

Please explain

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2017
lionel4power:
i will love it if the NN considers this German frigate (Brandenburg-class frigate). Constructed by the same guys that made the Aradu. about 4700+ fully ladened, heavilly armed and tough looking. four units was made for the German navy.

The all-steel ship has stealth features, extra space for task group personnel and fin stabilisers. It is designed to carry two AgustaWestland Sea Lynx mk88 helicopters and a rigid inflatable boat for boarding operations.

The first ship, Brandenburg (F215), was built by Blohm + Voss and commissioned in October 1994... we should not be afraid of buying big ships
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
OFF TOPIC

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 20, 2017
[quote author=lionel4power post=58653418][/quote]

One word: Sanctions
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
lionel4power:
i will love it if the NN considers this German frigate (Brandenburg-class frigate). Constructed by the same guys that made the Aradu. about 4700+ fully ladened, heavilly armed and tough looking. four units was made for the German navy.

The all-steel ship has stealth features, extra space for task group personnel and fin stabilisers. It is designed to carry two AgustaWestland Sea Lynx mk88 helicopters and a rigid inflatable boat for boarding operations.

The first ship, Brandenburg (F215), was built by Blohm + Voss and commissioned in October 1994... we should not be afraid of buying big ships
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

fear of sanctions has never stopped countries from buying what is necessary.

South African military has once suffered the worst sanction any country can endure but look at them now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
lionel4power:

South African military has once suffered the worst sanction any country can endure but look at them now.

The South-Africans got considerable help from the French,Portuguese, Israeli and other governments sympathetic to the Apartheid regime.

We are talking government level support, not the same case with Nigeria.

They had also built there defence industry from World War II.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Henry240:

The South-Africans got considerable help from the French,Portuguese, Israeli and other governments sympathetic to the Apartheid regime.

We are talking government level support, not the same case with Nigeria.
You forgot the US!!

And actually more to do with communism than anything else......hence we lost almost all our support in the 80s.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
SAAF and SAN Randoms:

Image: Doug Drysdale............as always!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
lionel4power:

Buddy, I have not said we should not buy what we need due to fear of Sanctions rather what I am suggesting is that we buy from a trust worthy source, one who does not learn from the past is bound to repeat the same mistakes in the future.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2017
Denel Al tariq
My computer autocorrect keeps changing 'Denel' to 'Rebel'.
I wonder why

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
African. missiles

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
Kenya Huey in action and Mi-17,
Have no recollection of where I got this pic from, could have been frm right here

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
more

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
how SA air defense works
. incase some Nigerian hotheads want to invade that country

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
more african technology

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xer0: 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
jln115:
I urge the regulars of this thread not to entertain certain trolls

ssaengine
Patches689
newafrikaken254
Henry240
jakeporeshenko
nemesis2u
Algerian1
lionel4power
IbnSultaan
ViceAdmiral
gottfried21
ActivateKruger
frumentius
kikuyu1
Fidha254
tdayof
MikeCZA
GreenandGold
Hrmnn
Nok234
LTGEN
SSBN
DEATHMACHINE
bidexiii

Debates between ourselves are fine but we really start to piss each other of when we engage with the trolls!!
I once asked my class to join Nairaland to contribute their knowledge on the previous thread, and the answers i got was exactly what you started above, one of the funniest thing is most contributors on this thread have never have any military training, but you just think you are authority and your word stands.
For the love of Africa be civil in your contributions.
A lot of big whips view this thread daily.
this goes to all contributors

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2017
African Armies

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2017
.more

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1289) (1290) (1291) (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: GeneralFarouq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.