Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,526 members, 7,861,526 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:52 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030494 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:27am On Jul 31, 2017
tdayof:

Yes they're programmed to die and they are very much. Did you watch the video on NPF and NA convoy?

Those guys have zero tactics. It's just spread and attack.. They were very much too.

NAF was so helpless to strike on some necessary positions and I guess that was due to hostages already. The main thing is during ambush, get so defensive until back up comes. The best idea, fall back as you don't know what's ahead so fall back and draw a defensive fire. (this gives the air backup (especially when the backup is by a helo) to come from your back and strike BHT location.

We've been loosing enough soldiers to ambush, so I feel there's need to review the way our guys respond to ambush.
My best advice to NA is first to stop being penny wise,pound foolish..Convoys shouldn't be protected with light skins. Hell I feel like cursing whoever first nursed the idea of us loving the Toyotas!

2nd. when something reoccurs u begin to look at its occurrence patterns and nip own mistakes in the bud..Its Obvious NA is not doing this
By now we should have drawn a pattern map to these ambushes and already have developed tactics (I for one would advocate AGLs or MGls are carried along on convoy protection duties)

3. InfoSec!!! Lord knows I don't really trust the JTF peeps ..who knows if the fart is coming from their are!

N.B I know of a fact that the DIA (am not sure of NIA) uses Aerostat UAVs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 31, 2017
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 1:19am On Jul 31, 2017
yahoo news is reporting the total toll might be closer to 70
I read the report on where the ARMY has apologized for giving the wrong information
that is the first lesson learned.
Heavy speculation is beginning to fall on the al barnawi faction of the bh whose defunct leader was captured in April 2016 .
Second lesson is to recall the tri-service chiefs back to MAIDUGURI as the saying goes " all is not well"
Third lesson it is too early to blame the GOC of the 8 div and the 7 div because they are barely getting their feet wet literally having just arrived at the job,
Fourth lesson this operation and it's subsequent breakdown comes down to INTEL, specifically HUMINT. the NA has to own this.
Conclusion : The COAS , LT. GEN Buratai has to own this and he has to make changes, specifically how INTEL is handled.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 3:34am On Jul 31, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Which security agency is using it in Nigeria. Just curious

actually i haven't seen any Nigeria security agency with that particular rifle but Nigeria army does buy assault rifles from Bulgarian ARSENAL small arms company,mostly 7.62x39mm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:51am On Jul 31, 2017
newafricaken254:
Bulgarian ARSENAL Assault 5.56x45 mm Rifle AR-M4SF with a short barrel and folding butt stock ,i love a woman who is interested in weaponry grin grin grin
Looks like the LM5 too.

Civilian version of the R5 used mostly by security companies. The chaps in the picture might be private bodyguards reason they are not carrying standard Nigerian armed forces service weapons like the Tavor, and the AK derivatives.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:59am On Jul 31, 2017
NafeesaAA:

Which security agency is using it in Nigeria. Just curious

The pictures was not taken in Nigeria, and the people don't look Nigeria, and to answer your question....no security agency uses such weapon in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:51am On Jul 31, 2017
newafricaken254:
Bulgarian ARSENAL Assault 5.56x45 mm Rifle AR-M4SF with a short barrel and folding butt stock ,i love a woman who is interested in weaponry grin grin grin

Actually that's South African civilian R series riffle wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2017
jteku:

The pictures was not taken in Nigeria, and the people don't look Nigeria, and to answer your question....no security agency uses such weapon in Nigeria

You're right, only the "pastor" is Nigerian, the rest are southern Africa. The picture was taken in the Eastern Cape.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:55am On Jul 31, 2017
Same pastor nabbed by the SAPS for sex related crimes.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:07am On Jul 31, 2017
MikeCZA:
Looks like the LM5 too.

Civilian version of the R5 used mostly by security companies. The chaps in the picture might be private bodyguards reason they are not carrying standard Nigerian armed forces service weapons like the Tavor, and the AK derivatives.

You're right. Those are former Julius Malema bodyguards when he was with the ANC.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:25am On Jul 31, 2017
Who is @NairlandSARS and why they trying to contact me?

I ain't clicking no links on no emails.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2017
patches689:

SARS? It's time you get taxed in Nairaland, just give them your banking details with your password. You'll be fine. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2017
ActivateKruger:

SARS? It's time you get taxed in Nairaland, just give them your banking details with your password. You'll be fine. grin
Don't be always too quick to show your stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:41am On Jul 31, 2017
patches689:

A quick search should have been more ideal. Quote the individual and find out what he/she wants.

Going through the individuals profile shows he/she is mainly into Health related topics.

https://www.nairaland.com/nairalandsars

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2017
kabe1:

Yahoo boy alert!!!

How many Internet hours are you left with? undecided

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 31, 2017
american-soldiers-learning-critical-lessons-during-ex-shared-accord

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48718:american-soldiers-learning-critical-lessons-during-ex-shared-accord&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&Itemid=111
apparently the yanks didn't do to well when ambushed by our lads posing as insurgents!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2017
kabe1:

Your useless, worthless mother is a "Yahoo boy".

Thunder fire the old b1tch!
It hasn’t gotten to this buddy.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2017
jln115:
american-soldiers-learning-critical-lessons-during-ex-shared-accord

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48718:american-soldiers-learning-critical-lessons-during-ex-shared-accord&catid=56:diplomacy-a-peace&Itemid=111
apparently the yanks didn't do to well when ambushed by our lads posing as insurgents!!

No one does well in ambushes, unless you're mobile you'll be slaughtered. In reality, the Americans are trained to always have close-air support. In an ambush they'll holdout to call for "danger close" CAS then move on.

Our troops will have knee mortar, smoke, LMGs and MGLs in a foot patrol to disable an ambush.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2017
NafeesaAA:
cheesy
Looks like a crook
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 31, 2017
patches689:

Tried to contact me to!! Time we pay our Nairaland tax! After all TAX season did start this month!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2017
patches689:

jln115:

Tried to contact me to!! Time we pay our Nairaland tax! After all TAX season did start this month!!
Report the incident to Seu.n
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 31, 2017
Xbee007:

Report the incident to Seu.n
Not worth going through the trouble!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2017
jln115:

Not worth going through the trouble!
Trouble It takes less than 10secs to report incidents here. The ball is in your court though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 31, 2017
Israeli firm “Four troop” to start specialized training of first bath of 450 NAF airmen.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NafeesaAA(f): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Odunayaw:
My best advice to NA is first to stop being penny wise,pound foolish..Convoys shouldn't be protected with light skins. Hell I feel like cursing whoever first nursed the idea of us loving the Toyotas!

2nd. when something reoccurs u begin to look at its occurrence patterns and nip own mistakes in the bud..Its Obvious NA is not doing this
By now we should have drawn a pattern map to these ambushes and already have developed tactics (I for one would advocate AGLs or MGls are carried along on convoy protection duties)

3. InfoSec!!! Lord knows I don't really trust the JTF peeps ..who knows if the fart is coming from their are!

N.B I know of a fact that the DIA (am not sure of NIA) uses Aerostat UAVs

brilliant response, modern warfare is fought from the skies, ground warfare is tried to be avoided as possible>> Our Military Advisers need to watch Eyes in the sky(Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare.)you would see what i mean.

I still believe that for such expeditions in such dangerous terrains. We must ensure we have eyes in the skies for surveillance and identification of threats such as: The Predator,The MQ-4 Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle , F-117 Nighthawk, the Phantom Ra, etc even if we cant afford that there is the U-2 reconnaissance aircraft or the old versions of RC-12X Guardrail ..these will definetly complement the MRAP and even the cheaper TSG/FPI Cougar, MRUV.

.I am sure with these the insurgents will shiver whereeevr they are and result to lesser attacks which our military will easily handle
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 31, 2017
Xbee007:

Trouble It takes less than 10secs to report incidents here. The ball is in your court though.
My life is to awesome to waste even 1 sec....now you want me to waste 10?? wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
jln115:

My life is to awesome to waste even 1 sec....know you want me to waste 10?? wink
Okay, good luck with those South African princes.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
NafeesaAA:

brilliant response, modern warfare is fought from the skies, ground warfare is tried to be avoided as possible>> Our Military Advisers need to watch Eyes in the sky(Col. Katherine Powell, a military officer in command of an operation to capture terrorists in Kenya, sees her mission escalate when a girl enters the kill zone triggering an international dispute over the implications of modern warfare.)you would see what i mean.

I still believe that for such expeditions in such dangerous terrains. We must ensure we have eyes in the skies for surveillance and identification of threats such as: The Predator,The MQ-4 Global Hawk unmanned aerial vehicle , F-117 Nighthawk, the Phantom Ra, etc even if we cant afford that there is the U-2 reconnaissance aircraft or the old versions of RC-12X Guardrail ..these will definetly complement the MRAP and even the cheaper TSG/FPI Cougar, MRUV.

.I am sure with these the insurgents will shiver whereeevr they are and result to lesser attacks which our military will easily handle

Some serious dreaming

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 4:53pm On Jul 31, 2017
kabe1:

This was very unnecessary.. If you had bothered to ask you would have been told that in South Africa S.A.R.S stands for 'South African Revenue Services', they are the people responsible for collecting Tax in S.A. Which explains why he jokingly said the other guy needs to hand in his banking details.

Try not to be impulsive, or jump to conclusions Bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.