Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,103 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5986414 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Troop101:
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48856/http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48856/ well it looks like Nigerian Navy will get new capital ships ( sub, frigate, ect)

I think there’s something wrong with your link, anyways this news was in Nigeria media some weeks ago and we shared it here, almost started and argument, apparently it’s not advisable to spend such money on defense while in a recession.

I tried to explain that we loose even more money to illegal activities in our maritime domain, investing in the navy is one thing this government can’t do wrong.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48856/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
French Tv report about cameroun army attacking boko haram in nigeria at madawaya !

the attack against boko haram start at 20:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdjMOpaj3w
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2017
newafricaken254:
live fire launch/test of the Saab RBS anti ship missile by Algerian Navy MEKO A-200 frigate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0MY4g5gx3Q

they used an Osa II missile boat as target for the RBS 15 MK III missile exercise

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mine Clearing Line Charge (MICLIC) used by Algerian army in the last exercise probably the M58

on the video at 1:33 and detonation at 1:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog_EghJg-I

M58 Mine Clearing Line Charge (MICLIC)

The Mine Clearing Line Charge (MICLIC) provides an effective minefield breaching capability for maneuver forces. The system consists of an M353 3-1/2 ton or M200A1 2-1/2 ton trailer (or M200 tracked trailer) chassis, a launcher assembly, M147 firing kit M58A3 line charge and a 5-inch MK22 Mod 4 rocket. The line charge is 350 feet long and contains 5 pounds per linear foot of composition C-4 explosive. Engineer units employ the MICLIC in response to minefield breaching requirements identified by the maneuver forces. The MICLIC's trailers are then towed to the selected area where an engineer prepares the line for firing. Once it is detonated, it clears a lane measuring 8 meters by 100 meters.

The MICLIC is a rocket projected explosive line charge which provides a "close-in" breaching capability for maneuver forces. It is effective against conventionally fused mines and, when detonated, it provides a lane 8 meters by 100 meters. The MICLIC system consists of an M353 3-1/2 ton or M200A1 2-1/2 ton trailer (or M200 tracked trailer) chassis, a launcher assembly, an M147 firing kit, an M58A3 line charge and a 5-inch MK22 Mod 4 rocket. The line charge is 350 feet long and contains 5 pounds per linear foot of composition C-4 explosive.

The US Army approved acquisition of the US Marine Corps' M58A3 Trailer Mounted Line Charge as a non-developmental item in Dec 83. MICLIC was type classified in Aug 85. Fielding to USAREUR occurred in FY88. Fielding to NG units continues.

Engineer units employ MICLIC in response to minefield breaching requirements identified by the maneuver unit. A typical mission is as follows: The Engineer Company's MICLIC trailers are moved to a position designated by the maneuver commander and the line charge prepared for firing by an Engineer squad. Suitable combat vehicles tow the MICLIC trailers to the point of the breach. Movement to the firing site and execution is done under control of the breaching force commander. A second MICLIC may be fired from the breached lane if a longer breach is required. After firing, the empty trailer is reloaded with another line charge brought forward from the supply trains, if additional breaching missions are anticipated. It may also be towed to a preselected position and dropped for later recovery by support elements.

pic2 : illustration

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Algerian1:
Mine Clearing Line Charge (MICLIC) used by Algerian army in the last exercise probably the M58

on the video at 1:33 and detonation at 1:38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xog_EghJg-I

M58 Mine Clearing Line Charge (MICLIC)

pic2 : illustration

For once South Africa has something "better" than Algeria cheesy cheesy. Doing a mini happy dance. Just kidding.

Plofadder Mine Clearance

They are mounted on special SANDF Casspirs vehicles I believe, although there is a smaller mobile unit for a two man team.

"The Plofadder mine clearing system fires a rocket to create a ladder-like demolition zone, which is capable of cutting a 160-metre-long, nine-metre-wide lane through a minefield, Rheinmetall said, indicating the order is for the vehicle-mounted version."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQLsWqnmeII

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
recent US air strike against alshabaab

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
ssaengine:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

For once South Africa has something "better" than Algeria cheesy cheesy. Doing a mini happy dance. Just kidding.

Plofadder Mine Clearance

They are mounted on special SANDF Casspirs vehicles I believe, although there is a smaller mobile unit for a two man team.

"The Plofadder mine clearing system fires a rocket to create a ladder-like demolition zone, which is capable of cutting a 160-metre-long, nine-metre-wide lane through a minefield, Rheinmetall said, indicating the order is for the vehicle-mounted version."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQLsWqnmeII

on algerian military forum they are not sure about what exactly system its , algeria have good relation with Rheinmetall and Denel maybe its the same system then yours grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I think there’s something wrong with your link, anyways this news was in Nigeria media some weeks ago and we shared it here, almost started and argument, apparently it’s not advisable to spend such money on defense while in a recession.

I tried to explain that we loose even more money to illegal activities in our maritime domain, investing in the navy is one thing this government can’t do wrong.

http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48856/
Nobody said its ill-advised to spend on military during a recession, what i said was, don't get your hopes up because IMO your Government wont spend that much on defence during a recession. You guys then decided to interpret it the way you did above.

don't go putting words in my mouth!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
Algerian1:
French Tv report about cameroun army attacking boko haram in nigeria at madawaya !

the attack against boko haram start at 20:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JdjMOpaj3w

Yes Bros. That's what MNJTF is meant for. The ability to chase boko haram across border. They operate around the border towns/villages too with Nigeria soldiers but not deep into our territory. Nigerian forces too do cross to Cameroon, Niger and Chad and this has helped a lot.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
jln115:

Nobody said its ill-advised to spend on military during a recession, what i said was, don't get your hopes up because IMO your Government wont spend that much on defence during a recession. You guys then decided to interpret it the way you did above.

don't go putting words in my mouth!!

It seems Nigeria is out of recession but we are waiting for second quarter GDP report at the end of August.

Most economist have been saying this but to be officially out of recession, we need 2 consecutive positive quarterly report.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
iblawi:

It seems Nigeria is out of recession but we are waiting for second quarter GDP report at the end of August.

Most economist have been saying this but to be officially out of recession, we need 2 consecutive positive quarterly report.
Hopefully for us well, but honestly both SA and Nigeria should be growing at no less than 5% a year.....but we all know why that isn't happening!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
The SANDF

12 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
I've seen 2 of these go off at exercises. Awesome show.
The SADF engineers also had a mine called the "crater mine". It was used to simply blow up a road so that you'd have to build a bridge to get across the hole. It made the biggest explosion and dust cloud id ever seen.

Algerian1:

on algerian military forum they are not sure about what exactly system its , algeria have good relation with Rheinmetall and Denel maybe its the same system then yours grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 5:16am On Aug 11, 2017
Troop101:
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48856/http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-48856/ well it looks like Nigerian Navy will get new capital ships ( sub, frigate, ect)
This is good news !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by walemoney007(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2017
NEWS
B’Haram attacks Adamawa, kills scores, destroys 60 houses

Published August 11, 2017
Share Tweet Share
Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai
Many people were feared dead on Thursday in a fresh attack by Boko Haram Islamists on Ghumbili community in the Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

The attack comes a few days after a similar incident in neighbouring Mildu village in the local government, where seven people were killed by the insurgents.

Confirming the attack, the Chairman of Madagali Local Government Council, Mr. Yusuf Muhammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the attack lasted from 11pm on Wednesday to 3am on Thursday.

He said that the jihadists burnt no fewer than 60 houses and looted foodstuffs.

“They looted foodstuffs, killed livestock and burnt the village completely,” he stated.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Muhammed said that the exact number of the dead and the injured people had yet to be ascertained and that villagers who escaped the attack were currently taking refuge at Gulak, the headquarters of the council.

But the spokesman for the Police Command in Adamawa State, Mr. Othman Abubakar, who also confirmed the attack, said no life was lost.

He, however, said that houses were destroyed in the attack – the latest in a string of deadly blows on mainly soft targets in Nigeria’s troubled North-East.

Speaking on the development, the Executive Chairman of the Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency, Mr. Haruna Furo, said that only one person was killed and that many houses were destroyed.

Boko Haram appears to have raised its onslaught in recent weeks in its eight-year bloody insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives.
Source:punch newspaper

All the Nigerian military know is to harass civilians, useless military
See them doing what they know how to do best last week to a lady

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:11am On Aug 11, 2017
1. The "Witvalk" going through smoke
2. Rooivalk flares from a different perspective.. Amazing

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
walemoney007:

NEWS
B’Haram attacks Adamawa, kills scores, destroys 60 houses

Published August 11, 2017
Share Tweet Share
Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai
Many people were feared dead on Thursday in a fresh attack by Boko Haram Islamists on Ghumbili community in the Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

The attack comes a few days after a similar incident in neighbouring Mildu village in the local government, where seven people were killed by the insurgents.

Confirming the attack, the Chairman of Madagali Local Government Council, Mr. Yusuf Muhammed, told the News Agency of Nigeria that the attack lasted from 11pm on Wednesday to 3am on Thursday.

He said that the jihadists burnt no fewer than 60 houses and looted foodstuffs.

“They looted foodstuffs, killed livestock and burnt the village completely,” he stated.

ADVERTISING
inRead invented by Teads
Muhammed said that the exact number of the dead and the injured people had yet to be ascertained and that villagers who escaped the attack were currently taking refuge at Gulak, the headquarters of the council.

But the spokesman for the Police Command in Adamawa State, Mr. Othman Abubakar, who also confirmed the attack, said no life was lost.

He, however, said that houses were destroyed in the attack – the latest in a string of deadly blows on mainly soft targets in Nigeria’s troubled North-East.

Speaking on the development, the Executive Chairman of the Adamawa State Emergency Management Agency, Mr. Haruna Furo, said that only one person was killed and that many houses were destroyed.

Boko Haram appears to have raised its onslaught in recent weeks in its eight-year bloody insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives.
Source:punch newspaper

All the Nigerian military know is to harass civilians, useless military
See them doing what they know how to do best last week to a lady

Mynd44, we take God beg you, help us do something about this Boko Haram terrorist sympathizer. He is ruining the thread.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
GreenandGold:
1. The "Witvalk" going through smoke
2. Rooivalk flares from a different perspective.. Amazing

Would be very difficult for most IR homing missiles to get through that from this perspective. Sensor overload. Like trying to drive with the sun in your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Off-topic:

Look what showed up at the Port of Ngqura.. A monster ship carrying an offshore drilling rig destined for Walvis Bay (Namibia).

That's the same carrier ship that towed a US destroyer after it was smoked by Al-Qaeda in Yemen.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2017
This is the same ship, it's currently docked in the Port of Ngqura, Eastern Cape.... Unbelievable.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 6:10pm On Aug 11, 2017
ActivateKruger:
Off-topic:

Look what showed up at the Port of Ngqura.. A monster ship carrying an offshore drilling rig destined for Walvis Bay (Namibia).

That's the same carrier ship that towed a US destroyer after it was smoked by Al-Qaeda in Yemen.
That's the Blue Marlin. Towed? It'd rather carry whatever the load is than tow. Ain't a tugboat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
kikuyu1:
Off topic but not completely : Uhuru Kenyatta is undertaking a silent top to bottom revamp of our tri services. Gunships, light attack aircraft and armour have arrived in his admin,while navy hulls are en route and only budget issues delay purchase of much needed transports and FSBs as soldier welfare,housing and pay is constantly improved.
IF HE SOMEHOW LOSES TODAY'S ELECTION I'LL QUIT THIS THREAD AND NAIRALAND!! Tbh,though chances of that are as likely as being abducted by aliens.
Carry on!

Am back for good,mofos!

http://barakafm.org/2017/08/11/iebc-declares-uhuru-kenyatta-as-the-new-president-elect/

Nairobi, KENYA: IEBC chairman Wafula Chebukati has declared President Uhuru Kenyatta as the new president elect in the just concluded 2017 general elections.

Speaking at the Bomas Of Kenya on Friday evening Chebukati said Kenyatta got 8,203,290 (54.27% ) (35 counties attained at least 25% ) votes against his competitor Raila Odinga who got 6,762,224 ( 44.74%) 29 counties attained 35%).
Though I had no doubt whatsoever it'd have been criminal stupidity for us to have voted him out after all his efforts in infrastructural development and beefing up KDF assets. In fact the next financial year will see a heavier defence outlay for much needed air transports and sources say will include FSBs,though I can't vouch for the last item.
Carry on!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 12, 2017
Captured SADF Olifant Tank

Border war

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 12, 2017
Nigerian army T-72 tank

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 12, 2017
Nigerian army

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2017
TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL COMMENDS NAF EFFORTS IN CURBING CORRUPTION

The Transparency International (TI) has lauded the efforts of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) towards fighting corruption and eliminating waste to improve service delivery. The commendation was made on 10 August 2017 by the Representative of TI on Defence and Security Programme, Sir Ian Andrews, during a one-day leadership workshop held at the Headquarters NAF Abuja, in collaboration with the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy Centre. Sir Andrews also commended the NAF for overhauling its procurement process and adhering to international best practices in procurement procedures. The workshop was aimed at building the capacity of NAF personnel and to further strengthen the NAF’s procurement procedures.

Making reference to global efforts in addressing the challenge of corruption, Sir Andrews commended the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, for setting an example of what an institution should do towards stemming the tide of corruption and promoting transparency not only in procurement but in other areas. He praised the NAF’s initiative in introducing mortgage scheme for new recruits and young officers. According to him, the initiative would enable the young personnel to gradually contribute towards owning their individual houses by the time they are exiting the Service. Consequently, this laudable effort would go a long way in enabling NAF personnel to focus on efficient and effective service delivery without being distracted by the worries of house ownership, a major cause of corruption.

In his remarks, the CAS stated that the NAF had initiated many changes in the procurement process within the ambit of the Public Procurement Act 2007 to enhance transparency and integrity in the procurement system. “This led to the establishment of a Directorate of Procurement tasked with the responsibility of coordinating activities in the NAF”, he said. The CAS therefore thanked TI for facilitating the workshop, which he believed would further improve transparency in the procurement process. “For us in the NAF, we are committed to following through on all lessons learnt to ensure the achievement of the goal of a transparent and corruption-free procurement process,” he further said.

Participants at the leadership workshop identified some immediate and remote causes of corruption in the society to include lack of integrity and trust among other factors. The need to build strong institutions as part of measures to prevent corruption was equally noted.

DOPRI

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2017
Have the Namibians discovered offshore oil?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
Some preliminary African results from Vlad's International Army Games.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) (1334) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.