Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034963 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
M14A1:

ATR-42 spotted wearing the old paint scheme today, could it be the reactivated one?
Yes Sir. Recently reactivated.
Used for surveillance and light transport.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ogun state governor trying out the Proforce ARA MRAP

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nicheey:

no offense dude you're being unnecessary absurd ,wah you mean france siding with Cameroonians ?? like in war or something ?? aside from their rifale ahbi na waytin em dey call am ,what good air superior advantage will the have over our airspace??

dude I dunno if your Nigeria citizenship got revoke,or maybe worse ,So we'll just stay on stand by while France raid our air space shey??

who says Nigeria has no defense strategy in case the in expectable happens ,try visiting Nigeria armory in abuja before you conclude if Nigeria is defenseless against France ,rubbish!
piety. The flames of patriotism have finally burned through every shred of sanity that you have left. I envy your level of patriotism however I cannot be mad. Madness is what you have here. So for you I would say we have the best air defence systems, I woukd say we have very patriotic and strategically thinking persons in the DOD and I would say it's in the best interest of the Brave young men who are sent to the front line to face high calibre ammunitions with nothing but the body of a soft skinned vehicle between them and the enemy, while the Policy makers move around in the safety of our big cities in Heavily armoured customised convoys like its a battle field . You think I am not a patriot like you but you are wrong bro.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/insurgency-jordan-donates-200-armoured-fighting-vehicles-nigeria/
What kind of armoured vehicles might they be also since Jordan does not manufacture their own helicopters what kind of HELICOPTERS will they be?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nicheey:

no offense dude you're being unnecessary absurd ,wah you mean france siding with Cameroonians ?? like in war or something ?? aside from their rifale ahbi na waytin em dey call am ,what good air superior advantage will the have over our airspace??

dude I dunno if your Nigeria citizenship got revoke,or maybe worse ,So we'll just stay on stand by while France raid our air space shey??

who says Nigeria has no defense strategy in case the in expectable happens ,try visiting Nigeria armory in abuja before you conclude if Nigeria is defenseless against France ,rubbish!
We have a capital Base in the Niger Delta and the Gulf of Guinea and the stake holders are begging for submarines and frigates but no body is ready to release money for that and someone here have been telling people that ask for submarines for many years that they have low self esteem and Nigeria does not need it. People just sit at home and concort nonsensical bullshit and expect that if it's repeated over time and if they are aggressive enough with their opinion we will swallow it. Well I hope we don't, I hope you realise that Abuja would be ground zero in the event of us having an hostile confrontation with any European power. Not because Third World countries can't stand their own against great powers(there are third worlder's that can) but because since 1960 when this great nation got independence we have never really been led, we have only had leaders leading themselves and families to riches and prosperity. I do not know if Nigeria will be able to defend itself against France but I believe such a confrontation would leave very damning, eye opening consequences.is it a feasible threat? Yes it is. It stares at us in the face everyday if Nigeria does not face a French backed Cameroon, then it may face a French backed secetionist Republic and I pray it wouldn't be the latter. One way or the other the happy English speaking people of Nigeria may soon stop saying Bonjour to their Francophone neighbors
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 20, 2017
ActivateKruger:

The Border War wasn't a full conversational war, everyone "was there because everyone else was there as well".... The Cubans and the SADF were basically attacking each other when they were both in the field at the same time, neither party was willing to go against each other.

In a conventional war, South Africa will field mostly light armour which is not much help in defeating heavy armour. If an Abram MBT showed up on our borders we would wish we had more Olifants and Rooivalks with Mokopas.

Actually that's not entirely true, the later part of the border war consisted of the largest conventional battles on this continent since ww2 ops modular and ops hooper should come to mind!! The whole war might of not consisted out of conventional battles but the last 5 or so years certainly did!!

We fielded mostly light armour as well against Cuba/Angola they inturn fielded hundreds of T55/T62 and T72 with the later 2 being state of thee art for that time and several hundred more than our olifant/centurions i might add!!

Those that bring MBTs down to Southern Africas bushvelt might start wishing they had wheels instead of tracks!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Odunayaw:
Since you said/It's obvious our NAF doctrine is interception

Building an integrated Radar coverage system would be our best bet...presently I know of the p13,p35 GCI radar and p17 height finder. then the recent Tin Shield
You would agree with me that we should actually be on the hunt for APAR radars

DHQ be looking at us like. We are on top of the situation.

Can someone tell me where our jf17 are?

I heard 16 are currently being built for Myanmar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2017
Henry240:
Ogun state governor trying out the Proforce ARA MRAP

Ara Bambi

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
jln115:

Nigeria will receive some FREEDOM!!
there is so much cheap oil in the market,also with new technology to extract oil even from abandoned oil well,using fracking e.t.c there is no likelihood of oil prices reaching $100+ per barrel in the near future

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
jln115:
Actually that's not entirely true, the later part of the border war consisted of the largest conventional battles on this continent since ww2 ops modular and ops hooper should come to mind!! The whole war might of not consisted out of conventional battles but the last 5 or so years certainly did!!

We fielded mostly light armour as well against Cuba/Angola they inturn fielded hundreds of T55/T62 and T72 with the later 2 being state of thee art for that time and several hundred more than our olifant/centurions i might add!!

Those that bring MBTs down to Southern Africas bushvelt might start wishing they had wheels instead of tracks!!

The war got conversational in 88, what did we learn? We learned that we needed more medium and heavy armour which is why there was an interest in replacing the Ratels in the early 90s (Project Hoeyfster) and the Olifants.

It's not actually true that tanks are useless in southern Africa. You could literally roll-in tanks from Botswana to Bloemfontein with easy, the terrain permits.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
barineh:

Channel TV is the only station doing this in Nigeria currently. The rest are lacking behind especially NTA

You need to try TVC and you will know channel TV is still playing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Officer Cadets of INTAKE 16-16/17 attentively listening to Maj Gen JOSEPH MUSANYUFU, the JCOS UPDF delivering to them a lecture of opportunity on WELFARE ISSUES IN UPDF.
In attendance was the Commandant UMA-K Brig Gen EM MUSINGUZI, the Chief Instructor Lt Col RK SSEGUYA and the the entire instructor core.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
LTGEN:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/insurgency-jordan-donates-200-armoured-fighting-vehicles-nigeria/
What kind of armoured vehicles might they be also since Jordan does not manufacture their own helicopters what kind of HELICOPTERS will they be?
This is a ridiculous news report from Vanguard and the Presidency's media handlers.

200 Streit Spartan and Typhoon MRAPs were bought from Streit group Jordan, not donated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
Henry240:

This is a ridiculous news report from Vanguard and the Presidency's media handlers.

200 Streit Spartan and Typhoon MRAPs were bought from Streit group Jordan, not donated.
Bross calm down state house confirmed it.

The donation might be another batch of vehicles

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Bross calm down state house confirmed it.

The donation might be another batch of vehicles
So you actually believe Jordan can actually donate 200 vehicles of any type to Nigeria?

200 armoured vehicles for that matter?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Henry240:

Its all over the internet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
jteku:

Its all over the internet
That's not my argument, i'm also not denying it.

My argument is, Do you believe that Jordan can donate 200 Armoured vehicles to Nigeria?

I hope i'm wrong, as i am very sceptical of this news report.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2017
Odunayaw:
Mobile AA in 2017? What threats do Nigeria have that needs AA cause I am quite confused here

Yes mobile as in zero to short set up time.

SAAG can provide ground support but Air threats could be drones to light aircraft to air craft from rebels if you do peace keeping. SA brought back the Zumag mobile AA is that importanted all so man pads fall in to this gtoup

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
Henry240:

That's not my argument, i'm also not denying it.

My argument is, Do you believe that Jordan can donate 200 Armoured vehicles to Nigeria?

I hope i'm wrong, as i am very sceptical of this news report.
jordan isn't in the league to donate brand new APC's,considering they sold kenya very un-airworthy F-5's.a country so poor than kenya,which survives on american and saudi AID and donations

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
EE-9 Cascavels of Chad.

On a related note, there is now a South African company that offers a modernisation programme for the Cascavel, Boomslang Logistics.

The company recently upgraded a number of Cascavels for Zimbabwe. Where the Zimbabwean government got the money to afford this when they can barely pay their troops is beyond me. Maybe they used diamonds from Marange.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hrmnn:
EE-9 Cascavels of Chad.

On a related note, there is now a South African company that offers a modernisation programme for the Cascavel, Boomslang Logistics.

The company recently upgraded a number of Cascavels for Zimbabwe. Where the Zimbabwean government got the money to afford this when they can barely pay their troops is beyond me. Maybe they used diamonds from Marange.

China or Iran in exchange of some secretive mining contracts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Maybe the Jordan donation is from the 250 Ratels they have in their inventory after donating some to Yemen. grin grin grin

Seriously though, why would Nigeria collaborate with little poor Jordan to extend the Aqaba Process from East Africa to West Africa? ECOWAS has adequate security arrangements for West Africa.
I really miss the days when Africa had real leadership in Presidents Mbeki and Obasanjo.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
Angolan air force helicopter pilots back in the 80's

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
Algerian1:

They have air refueling capacity , they can use Sudan bases or libyan skies and nigeria neighbours skies are no mans land ( cameroun , south tchad , center africa , niger ) no good radars capacity , no air defense , no jets to stop them , they can refuel in many close skies to nigeria , no one will see them ( maybe only french radars in this countries ) , with their AWACS they can get a safe control of the skies temporarily . and refuel over cameroun or south niger or republic center africa

Egyptian air force with their Rafale, F16 , AWACS , can strike easily in 48h all your major air foce bases , all your navy bases destroy all your Navy and for economy if they strike oil gas fields and facilities , here Nigeria will have a big problem not only to sustain a war but to maintain its economy .

Of course if this unlikely scenario happens it would only be limited to aerial strikes, with air superiority for Egypt , given the distance no ground attack is possible without hudge loses

thats why I find it strange that a big country like nigeria has no modern Air defense capacity ,
We will see air defence missiles after TRADOC is completed ( radar cov.)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Snyder1ZA: 7:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
andrewza:

Looked at Libya. Libya was far better milltary advanced than Nigeria and NATO took it our. Hell France was one who started it.

Libya had a divided military and 90% of all there air defenses were not activated. The reality is that all Nato military engagements over the past decade were against nations with internal instability,while foreign instigators play there usual de stabilizing roles . Political and general lawlessness or should I say "bringing democracy and freedom to the people" has been Nato's pre conditions for successful air raids, Serbia in the past and recently in Syria is a perfect example of such.

I think we need to look at domestic preconditions when whenever we take into consideration, foreign military operations against state actors.

On the side history has shown us the French military like there Arab counterparts have been proven to be a bunch of b@tches who run away when facing a determined peer adversary. grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
frumentius:
Maybe the Jordan donation is from the 250 Ratels they have in their inventory after donating some to Yemen. grin grin grin

Seriously though, why would Nigeria collaborate with little poor Jordan to extend the Aqaba Process from East Africa to West Africa? ECOWAS has adequate security arrangements for West Africa.
I really miss the days when Africa had real leadership in Presidents Mbeki and Obasanjo.

Obasanjo and Buhari are both retired military men but RTD General Olusegun Obasanjo is a man who still has that military spirit in him.

Buhari is just gentle now. He's still the same man that occupied Chad.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
Henry240:

So you actually believe Jordan can actually donate 200 vehicles of any type to Nigeria?

200 armoured vehicles for that matter?
Haha, but they are quoting our commander in chief.
It might be the Streit vehicles or used vehicles I don’t know.

However the helicopters mentioned in that link are not in the official press release.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
Snyder1ZA:

Libya had a divided military and 90% of all there air defenses were not activated. The reality is that all Nato military engagements over the past decade were against nations with internal instability,while foreign instigators play there usual de stabilizing roles . Political and general lawlessness or should I say "bringing democracy and freedom to the people" has been Nato's pre conditions for successful air raids, Serbia in the past and recently in Syria is a perfect example of such.

I think we need to look at domestic preconditions when whenever we take into consideration, foreign military operations against state actors.

On the side history has shown us the French military like there Arab counterparts have been proven to be a bunch of b@tches who run away when facing a determined peer adversary. grin

France has a better military success rate than Germany and Nigeria is still very tribal this very site shows that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2017
ActivateKruger:

The war got conversational in 88, what did we learn? We learned that we needed more medium and heavy armour which is why there was an interest in replacing the Ratels in the early 90s (Project Hoeyfster) and the Olifants.

It's not actually true that tanks are useless in southern Africa. You could literally roll-in tanks from Botswana to Bloemfontein with easy, the terrain permits.
Understand why they needed to replace the Olifant......but i don't understand how project hoefyster has any relation to what you said about needing more armour?? We are obviously not replacing the 90s with anything heavier i mean the Badger comes with a 30mm not really what you can consider as armour!! We were also only looking for around a 100 Leopards to replace our tank fleet, that should be an indication of our doctrine surrounding tanks, they are more a deterrent than anything else!

Terrian between the Botswana border and Bloem(most of Southern Africa) is flat and very hard, not great for tracked vehicles!!

Unless we are fighting a foe that can actually project enough armour....let's say NATO? Then yes we need a larger heavy armour fleet, not much has changed since the border war with regards to our theatre, imo manoeuvre warfare is still the order of the day as it was yesterday....I think the border war proved that unless you can project a substantial amount of armour, that mobility would always come out tops!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
Algerian1:

They have air refueling capacity , they can use Sudan bases or libyan skies and nigeria neighbours skies are no mans land ( cameroun , south tchad , center africa , niger ) no good radars capacity , no air defense , no jets to stop them , they can refuel in many close skies to nigeria , no one will see them ( maybe only french radars in this countries ) , with their AWACS they can get a safe control of the skies temporarily . and refuel over cameroun or south niger or republic center africa

Egyptian air force with their Rafale, F16 , AWACS , can strike easily in 48h all your major air foce bases , all your navy bases destroy all your Navy and for economy if they strike oil gas fields and facilities , here Nigeria will have a big problem not only to sustain a war but to maintain its economy .

Of course if this unlikely scenario happens it would only be limited to aerial strikes, with air superiority for Egypt , given the distance no ground attack is possible without hudge loses

thats why I find it strange that a big country like nigeria has no modern Air defense capacity ,

Don't forget guys the initial statement was that Egypt could defeat the combined forces of S.A and Nigeria not just Nigeria alone.... So South would Provide all the Air Defence Assets Nigeria would Need.. South Africa would probably not even need to send ground troops, you just need to send our air defences Systems, to F*ck with the Egyptian Airforce.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
Angolan air force( FANA )Mi-24/35 helicopter pilots back in the 80's

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Haha, but they are quoting our commander in chief.
It might be the Streit vehicles or used vehicles I don’t know.

However the helicopters mentioned in that link are not in the official press release.
I believe it is the Streit vehicles. They were purchased from Streit group Jordan and none was donated.

Jordan cannot donate 200 armoured vehicles or vehicles of any type to Nigeria. It is simply not realistically possible.

Would they poop out the vehicles?

The helicopter story is another laughable one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1395) (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.