Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,557 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:51 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6013841 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:40am On Apr 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrN0izKLz-A

Watch and enjoy boys

Massive shoot outs, epic CQB skills

Warning - some graphic content

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 10, 2015
asorockweb:
NAF Hind Gunship, screen grab from media trip to Gwoza, Bornu state Nigeria. 2015 April 8
See more at http://WarsOf21St.com

Nap of the Earth flying, beautiful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 2:41am On Apr 10, 2015
Henry120:

Nap of the Earth flying, beautiful.

Yeah. You can get an estimate of how low it was flying by comparing the length of the shadow with the length of the helicopter (taking into account the angle of the sun as well)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Thought you Nigerians might like this!

Vice:The War Against Boko Harm(Part1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyR0AH-Md7U
Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:31am On Apr 10, 2015
Patchesagain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrN0izKLz-A

Watch and enjoy boys

Massive shoot outs, epic CQB skills

Warning - some graphic content

cool video patch.

one question. and i don't intend to sound racist, but, do the STF reqcruit blacks?

i don't see any except for the criminalsgrin.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2015
I don't mean to derail this thread.

For the south africans on this thread, this is purely out of curiosity...

About the Xenophobia issue:

Why do u think there is so much hatred of south africans for other black africans- to the point of committing systematic murder??

Note: I'm not judging anyone, i just find it very hard to understand all the hatred.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2015
rugged7:

Why do u think there is so much hatred of south africans for other black africans- to the point of committing systematic murder??

Note: I'm not judging anyone, i just find it very hard to understand all the hatred.

I pity south africans alot, apartheid is not yet over, it was only modified...The whites in SA still treat the blacks SA as dogs(sorry for using that) they push them to commit xenophobia attacks on other blacks and still kill them like dogs, just like those protesting miners the police slaughtered....soforget about those people, they are on their own.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 10, 2015
Kenya peace keeping missions from 1975 upto 1990, and senior positions held during the same period

other peacekeeping missions thereafter include contigent of 800 to siera leone UNAMSIL,eritrea, sudaan with the latest bieng military obervers and a contigent of 700 troops for s.sudan. Kenya has had a total of 26 missions

and a documentary about Kenya peacekeeping missions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBe_lzCCD1k

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
FIELD IMAGERY: MILITARY OPERATIONS IN NORTHEASTERN NIGERIA

Photo credit: beegeagle.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
The clarity of the pictures from Vice news videos is astonishing!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Asuokaa: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
Henry120:
The clarity of the pictures from Vice news videos is astonishing!!

as in...what i want is fighting videos to shut some folks up...i didnt mention names ooo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
Operation Boleas.

peacekeeping fears of the late 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHcvxjJz7A
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
stillchris:

cool video patch.

one question. and i don't intend to sound racist, but, do the STF reqcruit blacks?

Well they are,if i have to be very very technical normal SAP officers,thus they would employ Black people,but only if they are good enough.
Only 1-50 STF recruits eventually make it as STF operatives,compared to 1-10 for SAS and Navy seals.

Think it was just coincidence that this specific unit that was filmed had no black operatives.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
stillchris:

cool video patch.

They do. Majority of the operators are black.

That video is from the 90s just after 94. There's a similar special forces one from the same time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
jteku:

I pity south africans alot, apartheid is not yet over, it was only modified...The whites in SA still treat the blacks SA as dogs(sorry for using that) they push them to commit xenophobia attacks on other blacks and still kill them like dogs, just like those protesting miners the police slaughtered....soforget about those people, they are on their own.

This is the most bullsh:t post ive read in a long time!!
How are the Whites pushing them to commit xenophobic attacks?

The only reason there are xenophobic attacks is because the Government cant create enough jobs,thus local residents go irate when immigrants are willing to work for a much lower rate than they are and thus they stay unemployed!!

Im not defending xenophobia but your post,Firstly proves you dont live in SA and secondly you have no idea whats happening in our country.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2015
rugged7:

It is a complex issue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
MikeCZAR:
They do. Majority of the operators are black.

That video is from the 90s just after 94. There's a similar special forces one from the same time.
Actually if you look at the number plate of the Van, the video is from year 2003 and up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
jl115:

Actually if you look at the number plate of the Van, the video is from year 2003 and up.
Transformation in units like this can't be forced just like the specials forces and fighter pilots. Expensive and time consuming.

But results are starting to show as more blacks are coming through the ranks. The commander of 2 squadron is a good example.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Transformation in units like this can't be forced just like the specials forces and fighter pilots. Expensive and time consuming.

But results are starting to show as more blacks are coming through the ranks. The commander of 2 squadron is a good example.

"Transformation in units like this can't be forced just like the specials forces and fighter pilots"
I couldnt agree more!What i said was that i think it was just a coincidence that this specific film had no black operators! you can watch the full doc on youtube!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
Elite Special Task Force brings boy's dream to life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLr0qCjr4A
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 8:31pm On Apr 10, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 12:35am On Apr 11, 2015
Which rifle is this trooper carrying?

He is a member of the 72 MSF (the group trained by The South African PMC company STTEP.)
He is also a member of the Airborne battalion based in Makurdi (members of 72 MSF are sourced from other NA SOF formations)

See more at http://warsof21st.com

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47am On Apr 11, 2015
asorockweb:
Which rifle is this trooper carrying?

He is a member of the 72 MSF (the group trained by The South African PMC company STTEP.)
He is also a member of the Airborne battalion based in Makurdi (members of 72 MSF are sourced from other NA SOF formations)

See more at http://warsof21st.com

That's an AK-74M.

I don't think he's part of the MSF. He's a Ranger, trained by the Americans, and sourced from the 72 SOF bn based in makurdi, this i agree.

"So, which unit got the Beryl rifles and which got the AKMS"?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 1:15am On Apr 11, 2015
Henry120:

That's an AK-74M.

I don't think he's part of the MSF. He's a Ranger, trained by the Americans, and sourced from the 72 SOF bn based in makurdi, this i agree.

"So, which unit got the Beryl rifles and which got the AKMS"?

Cool. Thanks.

The Beryl rifles are either for an Army SF formation (on par with the SBS) that we don't yet know about. Or the Beryl rifles are just on trial. If the rifles do well, we might see all Army SOF formations get them.

Don't tell me we are still importing AKM-S?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 11, 2015
asorockweb:

Cool. Thanks.

The Beryl rifles are either for an Army SF formation (on par with the SBS) that we don't yet know about. Or the Beryl rifles are just on trial. If the rifles do well, we might see all Army SOF formations get them.

Don't tell me we are still importing AKM-S?

The rifle in the photo, correct name should be AKMS-M. This is the one I'm referring to, not the basic AKMS.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:27pm On Apr 11, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muz5dhnMG6E

PART 2

Just noticed from this clip that some people are born fearlessly to face calamity and they enjoy every bit of it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
stillchris:

cool video patch.

Video is from the early 2000's

It takes time for black recruits to work their way into top tier units
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2015
jteku:

This wave of xenophobia was triggered by the Zulu king telling his people to push foreigners out of the country.

It has nothing to do with whites.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlcEqAUIUY0

Part 3

The one Hind pilot was a white guy

Awwwkward

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Patchesagain:

Awwwkward

How is it awkward? Didn't I mention on the other thread that Ukranian pilots and tech staff were involved with the Hinds and not SA mercs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2015
This man...always looking for negatives.
Sooo tell us, in your infinite wisdom, why itz awkward....

Patchesagain:

Awwwkward

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.