Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,708 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:26 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6032822 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2017
MAN KAT1 Trucks of ICRC delivering aid in Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPWdG2Ym7Ng
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2017
Odunayaw:
I grew up in brown roof city
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240 do you think airborne360 still visits this thread ? We need to demand explanation on this jf17 thunder thing, I am not understanding this radio silence.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Henry240 do you think airborne360 still visits this thread ? We need to demand explanation on this jf17 thunder thing, I am not understanding this radio silence.
Yeah, i think he does. On the JF-17, i've concluded in my mind that it is gone. I've accepted my fate till further notice.

The CAS not mentioning it in his speech was the deal breaker for me. It is too big of a deal to ignore. I do sincerely hope i'm wrong though.

It's to look to the future, the Ara MRAP and PF2 LAV joining the military is my highlight for the year. If a proper contract for 300 units each can be signed, that would cement a really good year for me.

What do you think?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:

Yeah, i think he does. On the JF-17, i've concluded in my mind that it is gone. I've accepted my fate till further notice.

The CAS not mentioning it in his speech was the deal breaker for me. It is too big of a deal to ignore. I do sincerely hope i'm wrong though.

It's to look to the future, the Ara MRAP and PF2 LAV joining the military is my highlight for the year. If a proper contract for 300 units each can be signed, that would cement a really good year for me.

What do you think?
If NAF doesn’t land something now and the next. administration doesn’t have thesame support for NAF as this one we can say bye bye to a frontline fighter for another 5-10 years !

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
Royal Gurkha Regiment of the British Army Trains Kenya Defence Forces

Participants in action during the AMISOM 7 pre-deployment training at School Of Infantry, Isiolo.
British Peace Support Team (BPST) concludes AMISOM 7 pre-deployment training undertaken by the Kenya Defence Forces with instructors from the 2nd Battalion, Royal Gurkha Regiment of the British Army in School Of Infantry (SOI), Isiolo.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
"Meanwhile, Congress recently approved the controversial sale of 12 Super Tucanos to Nigeria following the US State Department’s green light in August. The estimated $593 million foreign military sale includes the aircraft, weapons, training, spare parts and facilities to support the programme. The Obama administration had put a hold on the sale following the Nigerian air force’s bombing of a refugee camp on the border of Cameroon in January 2017, but President Donald Trump restarted the approval process in the spring. With Congressional notification complete, the USAF is drafting a letter of acceptance to present to the Nigerian air force."

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/afghan-air-force-adds-six-more-super-tucanos-to-fle-442559/

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
Participants in action during the AMISOM 7 pre-deployment training at School Of Infantry, Isiolo.
British Peace Support Team (BPST) concludes AMISOM 7 pre-deployment training undertaken by the Kenya Defence Forces with instructors from the 2nd Battalion, Royal Gurkha Regiment of the British Army in School Of Infantry (SOI), Isiolo.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

If NAF doesn’t land something now and the next. administration doesn’t have thesame support for NAF as this one we can say bye bye to a frontline fighter for another 5-10 years !
I always felt that the Super Tucano deal would be bad for the JF-17. I was fervently hoping that we would get the 3 JF-17s first before any announcement on the Tucano will be made.

By 2018, campaigns will begin, anything on procurement will be distant, the budget for 2018 has been announced, if nothing about JF-17 is mentioned we can kiss our dreams goodbye.

I don't think 5 - 10 years though, i believe after the elections in 2019.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2017
Nigerian Air Force products

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
rka2:
"Meanwhile, Congress recently approved the controversial sale of 12 Super Tucanos to Nigeria following the US State Department’s green light in August. The estimated $593 million foreign military sale includes the aircraft, weapons, training, spare parts and facilities to support the programme. The Obama administration had put a hold on the sale following the Nigerian air force’s bombing of a refugee camp on the border of Cameroon in January 2017, but President Donald Trump restarted the approval process in the spring. With Congressional notification complete, the USAF is drafting a letter of acceptance to present to the Nigerian air force."

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/afghan-air-force-adds-six-more-super-tucanos-to-fle-442559/
Jake, bye bye JF-17. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
rka2:

Thank you RKA2
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:

I always felt that the Super Tucano deal would be bad for the JF-17. I was fervently hoping that we would get the 3 JF-17s first before any announcement on the Tucano will be made.

By 2018, campaigns will begin, anything on procurement will be distant, the budget for 2018 has been announced, if nothing about JF-17 is mentioned we can kiss our dreams goodbye.

I don't think 5 - 10 years though, i believe after the elections in 2019.
Who ever replaces Buhari might retire this current CAS or just would not be able to offer the same amount of support to NAF.
Anyways it’s official we are spending close to 600 million on the COIN airplanes grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
Kenya navy P3124 KNS Jasiri offshore patrol vessel,with a mounted AK-630M Russian fully automatic naval close-in weapon system

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:

Jake, bye bye JF-17. grin grin

Have faith grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2017
LTGEN:

Thank you RKA2

You're welcome wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Who ever replaces Buhari might retire this current CAS or just would not be able to offer the same amount of support to NAF.
Anyways it’s official we are spending close to 600 million on the COIN airplanes grin
No matter who enters it depends on the lobbying power of the DHQ and MOD
One thing the politicians have learnt, sink your political ambition/be viewed with disdain If the military is famished under you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
rka2:

Have faith grin
or naira land spec ops brigade can run a covert op to sabotage the F7s grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
Odunayaw:
or naira land spec ops brigade can run a covert op to sabotage the F7s grin

I will look the other way grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force products

Nice work. That person needs to work well on catia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
the remaining 5 SM trainers can be seen here at the production line in Pakistan, to be delivered before the end of the year
so na borrow bin think say na dash.

why then with all those funfare
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
giles14:
so na borrow bin think say na dash.

why then with all those funfare
No in total 9 trainer aircrafts were shipped to Nigeria, 4 on lease and 5 belonging to NAF, now that the second batch of 5 aircrafts are ready for delivery PAF can take back their 4.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

That amount for that plane is paining me sha. 600 million on 12 aircrafts is too much. It has been my fear that if we spend that much on that aeroplane, we will not get the JF-17.

250 million would have been Okay, come on. No matter how hard i try to rationalise it, something just doesn't seem right. For that amount we could have gotten cool 24 Block II JF-17s and called it a day, Or bought 6 second hand Tucanos from Brazil in addition.

There is this picture, i'm sure you've seen, it was made by Greenandgold by in 2013 to mock Augagust and by extension other Nigerians back in the old military thread. "Finding Tucano an augubugubu production", quite hilarious at the time, still to today.

When this Tucano deal was finally announced, i remember reading from a different South-African, "when the Tucano was finally found, it cost as much as a Gripen". grin grin grin grin

Lol, i felt it!

I've found this JF-17, Tucano, T-129 ATAK and MI-35m drama to be quite funny. I just feel like the US is playing an advanced marketing game with Nigeria.

The CAS would go after this tenure, retirement etc etc. I just feel like he should be pushing the JF-17 deal more. Except if he has a better fighter like the J-10 or MIG-29M in mind for us, i won't complain.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2017
Niger

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:

That amount for that plane is paining me sha. 600 million on 12 aircrafts is too much. It has been my fear that if we spend that much on that aeroplane, we will not get the JF-17.

250 million would have been Okay, come on. No matter how hard i try to rationalise it, something just doesn't seem right. For that amount we could have gotten cool 24 Block II JF-17s and called it a day, Or bought 6 second hand Tucanos from Brazil in addition.

There is this picture, i'm sure you've seen, it was made by Greenandgold by in 2013 to mock Augagust and by extension other Nigerians back in the old military thread. "Finding Tucano an augubugubu production", quite hilarious at the time, still to today.

When this Tucano deal was finally announced, i remember reading from a different South-African, "when the Tucano was finally found, it cost as much as a Gripen". grin grin grin grin

Lol, i felt it!

I've found this JF-17, Tucano, T-129 ATAK and MI-35m drama to be quite funny. I just feel like the US is playing an advanced marketing game with Nigeria.

The CAS would go after this tenure, retirement etc etc. I just feel like he should be pushing the JF-17 deal more. Except if he has a better fighter like the J-10 or MIG-29M in mind for us, i won't complain.
If indeed NAF is going to swerve the thunder deal after all the time spent and the drama then they better have their eyes on bigger Fish ! I want to laugh it off as usual but this time I don’t have the courage.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway7575: 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully, I'm not resurrecting an already concluded issue.
My opinion: that truck is STUCK in the mud, reasons:
1. Like Henry mentioned: Soldiers hanging around (they are hardly on the move and don't intend to anytime soon) the truck all staring like "we've got to do something here". One jumping unto the truck. It doesn't make sense the vehicle would be moving in that horrible uneven road and some chap will be jumping on it. No way makes any sense.
2. Tyre tracks in front do not in anyway whatsoever support the opinion that the vehicle in question is in motion.
3. The winch is out, for whatever reason, its out, and we know why.
4. For such a vehicle in motion, tyres moving, we should see some displacement of the mud and some splashes here and there. In this case, WE DO NOT SEE ANY.

So Frumentius, yes, we know you were deployed in DRC, but your arguement was needless.

frumentius:

So you see a few pics of pick-ups in the city of Goma and the air-base, and you reach this conclusion:

And still have the nerve to call people stupid?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 26, 2017
rka2:

Have faith grin
Ok, you tell me, from where?

I'm pouring tears from my eyes and singing James Blunt's classic, "Goodbye my lover, Goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me"...... While i'm looking at that photo of an NAF pilot wearing a JF-17 patch and the Janes article that says we are getting between 24 - 40 JF-17s. grin grin

I'm so emotional right now cry cry cry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

If indeed NAF is going to swerve the thunder deal after all the time spent and the drama then they better have their eyes on bigger Fish ! I want to laugh it off as usual but this time I don’t have the courage.
Do you think the Thunder deal is still alive?

You know, if that your page was still running, we could have asked the Air Force directly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:

Do you think the Thunder deal is still alive?

You know, if that your page was still running, we could have asked the Air Force directly.

JF-17 A-A refuelling trials just got into advanced stage. Myanmar is getting block 1 and I guess that's why theirs was fast. New jf17 recently arrived china for a foreign country but still flying in that yellowish colour pattern.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
the remaining 5 SM trainers can be seen here at the production line in Pakistan, to be delivered before the end of the year
Yay we are getting a Super musha musha. Did you guys spot the SA flag there?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
Henry240:

Ok, you tell me, from where?

I'm pouring tears from my eyes and singing James Blunt's classic, "Goodbye my lover, Goodbye my friend, you have been the one, you have been the one for me"...... While i'm looking at that photo of an NAF pilot wearing a JF-17 patch and the Janes article that says we are getting between 24 - 40 JF-17s. grin grin

I'm so emotional right now cry cry cry

JF17B was paid for by a foreign country before the production was completed .

Airborne360 called another NAF pilot immediately the pics were posted here. Nigeria might have ordered the 2 seat variant and might be the reason for the delay.

Pakistan haven't rolled out out another Jf17 thunder this year. Not even for the Pakistani airforce. The last time they did was last year before Nigeria placed order.

Nigeria already ordered for the engines directly from Russia.

There is no reason for you to conclude we back out of the deal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 26, 2017
Basic logic, you settle bigger customer first
PAF sold 16 to Myanmar, 3 to Nigeria, Next in line is Azerbaijan Saudia Senegal.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1459) (1460) (1461) (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.