Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5970067 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2018
I am enjoying this discuss but you guys should end it quickly before Supreme ice cream shows grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2018
tdayof:

Question: why should we get the Rooivalk? When the Mi-35M fits our requirements perfectly. The Rooivalk adds no special capabilities to our airforce.

Kalapizim:
I am enjoying this discuss but you guys should end it quickly before Supreme ice cream shows grin

The bolded in Dayo's post should've ended the discussion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:36pm On Jan 10, 2018
frumentius:

The bolded in Dayo's post should've ended the discussion.

Yes plus how many Rooivalk orders will be needed before a production line can be reopened?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jkay187(m): 11:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
tdayof:

Yes plus how many Rooivalk orders will be needed before a production line can be reopened?

Atleast 40 units minimum
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fufubear: 11:23pm On Jan 10, 2018
I'd be more interested in going for the new(ish) Z10 from China with HJ10 ATGMs. Just imagine a fleet of those in camo (a man can dream right grin).

Yes I'm a bit biased towards PLA equipment.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 12:12am On Jan 11, 2018
fufubear:
I'd be more interested in going for the new(ish) Z10 from China with HJ10 ATGMs. Just imagine a fleet of those in camo (a man can dream right grin).

Yes I'm a bit biased towards PLA equipment.

Z10 is not combat proven. Besides the the Mil35 can serve a secondary role of transporting soldiers. Even Pakistan bought the Turkish attack heli after ordering 3 z10. Mil35 is a better option besides if we want a dedicated attack helicopter platform we should go for the ka50.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:38am On Jan 11, 2018
barineh:

Z10 is not combat proven. Besides the the Mil35 can serve a secondary role of transporting soldiers. Even Pakistan bought the Turkish attack heli after ordering 3 z10. Mil35 is a better option besides if we want a dedicated attack helicopter platform we should go for the ka50.

Ka50?

Y'all are forgetting about the mi mil-28.

Ka-50 is a bomb-truck or missile-bed. It doesn't have the pintle-mounted 20/30mm autocannon, which is what makes these helos so effective in anti-infantry operations.

You want your helo to pick off vehicles at range with missiles and then be able to get in close and pick off the survivors, equally, you want it to be able to provide close in support for friendly troops - which normally rules out missiles.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:47am On Jan 11, 2018
Jkay187:

Atleast 40 units minimum

Not actually that much.

If SA buys 12 and Nigeria orders 12, that's half the minimum done all-ready. You just need two more small-ish orders.

Brazil*, Veitnam, Malaysia, Pakistan (looong shot), Kenya, Thailand are all on the market right now.

It's do-able. What makes it hard is that you need to line-up buyers before you actually have the product... But at the same time, I'm assuming a small RSA order - the more we buy the easier it gets.

*I know about their Hinds
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 1:05am On Jan 11, 2018
patches689:

Ka50?

Y'all are forgetting about the mi mil-28.

Ka-50 is a bomb-truck or missile-bed. It doesn't have the pintle-mounted 20/30mm autocannon, which is what makes these helos so effective in anti-infantry operations.

You want your helo to pick off vehicles at range with missiles and then be able to get in close and pick off the survivors, equally, you want it to be able to provide close in support for friendly troops - which normally rules out missiles.

Ka50/52 has a 30mm cannon. The MIL 28 is good but too many crashes in Syria and given Nigeria's history with crashes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:49am On Jan 11, 2018
barineh:

Ka50/52 has a 30mm cannon. The MIL 28 is good but too many crashes in Syria and given Nigeria's history with crashes.

It doesn't have that pintle canon. Its 30mm is like that of our mi24 where the pilot has to be in the threat direction. Look at our mi35, the gun rotates so that's it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 8:12am On Jan 11, 2018
Malian soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:04am On Jan 11, 2018
off topic :another gas find,a family while drill for water but to their surprise found gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDIfZFE44A
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 11, 2018
The fire-fighting White Hawk is coming along nicely: rotor blades on, avionics refit next.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2018
newafricaken254:
off topic :another gas find,a family while drill for water but to their surprise found gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLDIfZFE44A

I need to find oil in my backyard and I'll buy my neighborhood without telling them. Then after this , I'll inform the government and get paid in billions grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BruncleZuma: 10:51am On Jan 11, 2018
tdayof:
I need to find oil in my backyard and I'll buy my neighborhood without telling them. Then after this , I'll inform the government and get paid in billions grin
TBaba there's oil on my farmland and I have never received a penny for it grin grin grin grin don't come and go and kee yoursef..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:06am On Jan 11, 2018
BruncleZuma:
TBaba there's oil on my farmland and I have never received a penny for it grin grin grin grin don't come and go and kee yoursef..

Which of the oil. Hope no be ororo (groundnut oil) grin.

On a serious note, is the government aware of the presence of oil on your farm land?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BruncleZuma: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2018
tdayof:

Which of the oil. Hope no be ororo (groundnut oil) grin.

On a serious note, is the government aware of the presence of oil on your farm land?

Crude bro...been there since the 90s, the fear of getting shot is stronger than my desire to make money.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 11, 2018

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kalapizim:
what are you 'covert'ly insinuating?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2018
kenpaul0:
Video said MI-24....and i didnt see any special maneuverability...it just kept going round....Are our rockets in operation anywhere in the various theatres in Nigeria? I just said we need to buy at least 3 Rooviaks to TEST...they may end up performing better than what we have....no harm trying...and i still maintain our guys collabo with Denel

The economic, technical and political implications of collaborating with South Africans on a huge project like this would certainly be beneficial to all parties involved.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2018
tdayof:
do you know how fast gossip spread in the village !by the evening your distant cousins would be arriving in your homestead.lets not even talk about in the cities
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2018
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW!!

French jets especially the Mirage F1 has been intercepting foreign aircraft from Chadian territory since1987

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/01/french-fighter-jets-intercepting-libyan.html?m=1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2018
lionel4power:
what are you 'covert'ly insinuating?
grin ; D

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Nigerian military

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:29pm On Jan 11, 2018
SAAF pilots know how to handle high G forces...damn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWm17mTMB0

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2018
Locally produced Nigerian army Innoson IVM G12 military trucks.

The Nigerian army has so far procured 173 units of this rugged truck.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2018
Henry240:

that's good to hear.

hope the proforce ara and pf2 are also in their agenda
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by barineh(m): 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
Henry240:

173!!!!!!! Innoson Don hammer. And it all started with him giving them 3 cars free. Proforce needs to do something like that too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 7:49am On Jan 12, 2018
To Nigeria and South Africa especially....That's what we should be looking at.....We can fill the African market together...while meeting and surpassing our needs.....These Helo's would come in cheaper than any other available one's and importantly the monies spent on them stays in Africa......Therefore the UN/The West would have no choice but to purchase/support nations in Africa who have security challenges to get the Rooviak....It can be done

lionel4power:

The economic, technical and political implications of collaborating with South Africans on a huge project like this would certainly be beneficial to all parties involved.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2018
dakingsman:
Nigerian AFSF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66X6ihQuQBI

I love these two dudes, they've got swag..... grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:52am On Jan 12, 2018
lionel4power:
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW!!

French jets especially the Mirage F1 has been intercepting foreign aircraft from Chadian territory since1987

https://www.africanmilitaryblog.com/2018/01/french-fighter-jets-intercepting-libyan.html?m=1

No be today.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.