Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5985473 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:28pm On May 28, 2018
Greg faure receives medal for 30 years of service

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:30pm On May 28, 2018
Protecting South Africa is a duty that must be done.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:31pm On May 28, 2018
Enforcing discipline SANDF style

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:33pm On May 28, 2018
We came, we saw, the rest is history

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:34pm On May 28, 2018
Torpedo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2018
Silver Falcon Pilatus PC-6 MK III Astra

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38am On May 29, 2018
kikuyu1:

Let me pull up a chair! Lay t it all out,I'm waiting.

First principles first: NVGs do not replace illum mortars! The 2 aren't mutually exclusive, they complement each other.
61mech has "taken" the words out of my ummm...keyboard.

For example: do you know you now get IR illum mortars, designed to work exclusively with NVGs and other near-IR night sights by illuminating the battlefield in a way that’s not visible to the naked eye?

Even if you could equip an entire company on a FOB with NVGs, no way you could establish awareness to defend that base -at night - from an enemy's mortars and PKMs, without illumination.

I know I go on about all sorts of mortars, but our doctrine really is that effective, as attested to by the defence of the village of Pinga in the DRC -by a company against almost a battalion - from a night attack by the Mai-Mai. Admittedly, we had intelligence theny were coming.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00am On May 29, 2018
A company of Parabats has just arrived. The senior NCO's service stretches from the Angolan war as a 18-year old, to my one-time instructor, and now fellow biker.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:09am On May 29, 2018
Today I will be TRANSMITTING beautiful picturess of ladies from the NPF.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:11am On May 29, 2018
More TRANSMISSION

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 9:59am On May 29, 2018
jteku:
More TRANSMISSION

I like what your transmitter is transmitting. Keep it up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:15am On May 29, 2018
iblawi:

I like what your transmitter is transmitting. Keep it up.
Thank you, my mode of transmission is apprehensive transmission, ehm ehm amean cultivative transmission.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On May 29, 2018
Nigerian navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:16pm On May 29, 2018
lionel4power:
Denel Inkunzi PAW 20mm Grenade Launcher as featured in the film Chappie.

GODDAMMIT,but Yolandi Visser is a hideous hoe,in the name of black baby Jesus,Mary and her husband Joseph,that's the truth!! I've seen her NSFW pics and I can declare if anyone has that in their spankbank they need prayers!
Carry on!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2018
lionel4power:
The Rooivalk Lite that didn't happen

Saffas,I've always said a simpler less elaborate version of the Rooivalk like this could've sold instead of a direct competitor in the crowded Apache,MI 28,KA 52,Tiger league. What's the story?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2018
frumentius:

First principles first: NVGs do not replace illum mortars! The 2 aren't mutually exclusive, they complement each other.
61mech has "taken" the words out of my ummm...keyboard.

For example: do you know you now get IR illum mortars, designed to work exclusively with NVGs and other near-IR night sights by illuminating the battlefield in a way that’s not visible to the naked eye?

Even if you could equip an entire company on a FOB with NVGs, no way you could establish awareness to defend that base -at night - from an enemy's mortars and PKMs, without illumination.

I know I go on about all sorts of mortars, but our doctrine really is that effective, as attested to by the defence of the village of Pinga in the DRC -by a company against almost a battalion - from a night attack by the Mai-Mai. Admittedly, we had intelligence theny were coming.

I'm aware of both one and two but the latest carbon based battlefield smoke effectively obscures most IR sights. What's the range of SADF individual IR sights if I may ask? The latest individual use western gen 4 designs have an astounding 3 km range-(detection not recognition)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 29, 2018
jteku:
More TRANSMISSION

Alpha tango Zulu

Transmission incomplete

Do u Copy

repeat transmission incomplete

Keep transmitting

Over and out grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:56pm On May 29, 2018
nemesis8u:

Alpha tango Zulu

Transmission incomplete

Do u Copy

repeat transmission incomplete

Keep transmitting

Over and out grin grin grin

Yes I copy.......massage will be transmitted to the IGP.

Over.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 9:36pm On May 29, 2018
For SADF IR sights we had (i'm pretty sure they haven't been replaced in bulk) the range depended heavily on the ambient light (stars etc.) could be as low as 50m. The rifle scopes were better. Does any of you guys currently serving know if they've been upgraded ?

FLIR will give you better range, but its expensive. Id bet SF has them though.

Some recent acquisitions and pricing. I'll let you work out how many they bought.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15170

kikuyu1:

I'm aware of both one and two but the latest carbon based battlefield smoke effectively obscures most IR sights. What's the range of SADF individual IR sights if I may ask? The latest individual use western gen 4 designs have an astounding 3 km range-(detection not recognition)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 10:32pm On May 29, 2018
lionel4power:
Head of South Africa's 7 Medical Battalion. They provide SF and paratrooper medical support as well as counter NBC work etc.

Medical doctor, para and SF qualified.

Watch until the end, his predecessor flinches like a novice, but he remains composed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgM7sLU4xpI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 29, 2018
Look up bra !!! The Saffers are coming !!!

Give them Hell !!!

Pls na joke I dey o... Nobody should quote me and start masturbating tongue tongue tongue

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 29, 2018
kikuyu1:

You know you're not going to get the answer to your question. grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 29, 2018
61mech:
For SADF IR sights we had (i'm pretty sure they haven't been replaced in bulk) the range depended heavily on the ambient light (stars etc.) could be as low as 50m. The rifle scopes were better. Does any of you guys currently serving know if they've been upgraded ?

FLIR will give you better range, but its expensive. Id bet SF has them though.

Some recent acquisitions and pricing. I'll let you work out how many they bought.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15170

Upgraded. No detail, signed the same Official Secrets Act you did while in.
Bloody Recces have all the toys. grin grin grin
Funny how self-effacing they are, unlike their fvcking support personnel who think they're operators themselves! angry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:29am On May 30, 2018
Anti-terrorism Simulation Exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq8WWRpJhpA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:30am On May 30, 2018
GH

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:32am On May 30, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:35am On May 30, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:39am On May 30, 2018

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 3:56am On May 30, 2018
NAVY

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 4:07am On May 30, 2018
NAVY GH

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:55am On May 30, 2018
UK Royal College Of Defence Studies (RCDS) Visit At Defence HeadQuarters

1.Assistant Chief of Defence Forces in charge of Operations Doctrine &Training Major General Adan Mulata receives a memento from Senior Directing Staff (RCDS) Stephen Evans CMG OBE.
2.Senior Directing Staff (RCDS) Stephen Evans CMG OBE Signs the visitors’ book at Headquarter Kenya Army Officers mess.
3.Vice Chief of Defence Forces Lieutenant General Joseph Kasaon with the Delegation from UK Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS) after they paid him a courtesy call at his office at Defence Headquarters Nairobi.
4.Assistant Chief of Defence Forces in charge of Operations Doctrine &Training Major General Adan Mulata addresses delegates of the UK Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS).

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:59am On May 30, 2018
1.Chief of Training and Doctrine Brigadier Charles Kangethe makes a presentation to delegates of the UK Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS).
2.Colonel Nick Sawyer of British Army asks a question during the UK Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS) visit at the Defence Headquarters.
3.Assistant Chief of Defence Forces in charge of Operations Doctrine &Training Major General Adan Mulata presents a gift to Senior Directing Staff (RCDS) Stephen Evans CMG OBE.
4.A group photo of KDF Senior Officers together with the Delegate of UK Royal College of Defence Studies (RCDS)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1671) (1672) (1673) (1674) (1675) (1676) (1677) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)