Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1792) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5992445 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:50pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

For me, the TITUS is just perfect. You need to see the ease of mobility and obstacle climbing of that vehicle. The Mbombe 6x6 doesn't come close.

I like the Mbombe 6x6, however i think the TITUS offers better.
I really haven't checked any video on the TITUS, based on pictures I am just put off by its high silhouette

I would check if I can
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian army BTR-4
If they didn't buy in such paltry numbers...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
South-African Peacekeeper in the DRC

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

For me, the TITUS is just perfect. You need to see the ease of mobility and obstacle climbing of that vehicle. The Mbombe 6x6 doesn't come close.

Thank goodness military procurement relies on far more than looks:
the Mbombe 6x6 is ugly as all hell; b,ut
downrange I'd pick it over the Titus any day!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:
South-African Peacekeeper in the DRC

The guy belongs to a unit of the South African Air Force that you ignorantly claimed did not exist! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
frumentius:

Thank goodness military procurement relies on far more than looks:
the Mbombe 6x6 is ugly as all hell; b,ut
downrange I'd pick it over the Titus any day!
I'm not even referring to it's looks. The TITUS has one of the best mobility characteristics i've ever seen. A heavy this big and able to overcome the obstacles i've seen it overcome is incredible.

It's also built on Tatra proven chassis.

Again it's troop carrying capacity and the fact it carries a 20mm RCWS are huge draws for me personally.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
frumentius:

The guy belongs to a unit of the South African Air Force that you ignorantly claimed did not exist! grin grin grin
I know you've shared this photo before, however i came across this incredibly detailed one, i just couldn't pass it by.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:
Proforce ARA MK 4

The MK4 variant of the ARA MRAP features a number of improvements.

In this image, we can see it's roof, the central turret and 4 additional roof firing points.

We can also see the vehicle's monocoque haul.
how can you see from these pics that the new ARA is a monocoque design?

P. S No saying it isn't just asking a question.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:
Ah...the Hornet! Quite frankly, I have no time for people who dislike the Hornet on aesthetic grounds. Show me any other FAV, globally, which can carry 5 dismounts. And can be used the 6 different ways the current Hornet can.

The Polaris Razor FAV in personnel carrier mode carries 6 dismounts, but with a 12.7 main gun.

Question remains, any similar vehicle out there? And I ask this as no particular proponent of the Hornet...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:
Proforce ARA MK 4

The MK4 variant of the ARA MRAP features a number of improvements.

In this image, we can see it's roof, the central turret and 4 additional roof firing points.

We can also see the vehicle's monocoque haul.

I pray the NA authorities buy these MK4 ARA MRAPS in considerable numbers .

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:
A cross-section of different types of equipment from the Nigerian army engineering Corp.

@henry240 I love these picture.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

Wouldn't necessarily say the Mbombe doesn't come close( it has a better Gradient and side slope) but the TITUS is a beast and personally between the 2 I'll also choose the TITUS based on raw performance.

But funny thing is mobility wise the old Ratel beats both, obstacle climbing, trench, fording, Gradient and side slope the Ratel either matches or beats the mbombe and Titus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2018
frumentius:

Ah...the Hornet! Quite frankly, I have no time for people who dislike the Hornet on aesthetic grounds. Show me any other FAV, globally, which can carry 5 dismounts. And can be used the 6 different ways the current Hornet can.

The Polaris Razor FAV in personnel carrier mode carries 6 dismounts, but with a 12.7 main gun.

Question remains, any similar vehicle out there? And I ask this as no particular proponent of the Hornet...

For a Fast Intervention Vehicle, i think the Hornet is the best in it's class. I don't think i've seen a modern vehicle more rapidly deployable than the Hornet.

It is also heavily armed. I want to be caught in an ambush with the Hornet.

However for a reconnaissance role, i don't think the Hornet makes the cut. It's too small and limited for recon.

The French Panhard SFV, Jankel LRPV and the Nigerian Wolf are better in the reconnaissance role than the Hornet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
RDF Combined Arms Field Training Exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4nt6F9-qZI

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

For a Fast Intervention Vehicle, i think the Hornet is the best in it's class. I don't think i've seen a modern vehicle more rapidly deployable than the Hornet.

It is also heavily armed. I want to be caught in an ambush with the Hornet.

However for a reconnaissance role, i don't think the Hornet makes the cut. It's too small and limited for recon.

The French Panhard SFV, Jankel LRPV and the Nigerian Wolf are better in the reconnaissance role than the Hornet.
It's all about doctrine that's why we also have this for reconnaissance:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
frumentius:

Ah...the Hornet! Quite frankly, I have no time for people who dislike the Hornet on

On the Nigerian Wolf Special Forces Vehicle.

I've always wanted to see a special forces vehicle in service of the Nigerian military. These vehicles fill a solid niche in military operations. I also didn't want Nigeria to purchase from abroad because i felt these SPVs are easy builds. So surprise, surprise when i saw it at these year's independence day parade, not foreign, and built by a local company.

I think the vehicle from Nigeria, from all the footage i've seen has alot of advantages.

- It's built on the Land-cruiser, unlike the Jankel LRPV and Fox which are built on the Toyota Hilux. The Land-cruiser offers significant advantages over Hilux especially in the northern parts of Nigeria which are hotter and drier.

- full 360 degrees main turret.

- Crew capacity, the Wolf has sitting for 6 fully kitted soldiers including driver and commander.

- Weapon stations, the vehicle has provision for 3 weapon stations. The central weapons mount and 2 stations behind the driver and commander.

- Cross-country mobility of the Land-cruiser

- Ease of getting spare parts.

- possibility for a frontal armour.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2018
jln115:
It's all about doctrine that's why we also have this for reconnaissance:
This is not a long range patrol vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2018
bidex111:

I pray the NA authorities buy these MK4 ARA MRAPS in considerable numbers .
Man........ We need a minimum of 300 units to be honest.

A 6x6 version armed with a 25mm RWCS shouldn't be far too.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2018
jln115:
how can you see from these pics that the new ARA is a monocoque design?

P. S No saying it isn't just asking a question.
It's a single hull.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

This is not a long range patrol vehicle.
The hornet or the Rooikat?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

It's a single hull.
Yeah bro but it's not just about the hull.

The question is does the hull sit on a chassis or not.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
jln115:
The hornet or the Rooikat?
Both vehicles.

Although, new information on the Rooikat would change my perception, but both.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

Both vehicles.

Although, new information on the Rooikat would change my perception, but both.
Rooikat has a range of over 1000kms(operational range as in off road) , that's most likely dubble that of the Wolf or hornet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2018
jln115:
Rooikat has a range of over 1000kms(operational range as in off road) , that's most likely dubble that of the Wolf or hornet.
It's a huge target. The Rooikat for me, is more of an AFV than a Long Range Patrol Vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
Ghana Armed Forces training
Much more improved than the last video I saw. Constructive criticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQKgLOOEa-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raRfOV9136A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QefTx_2T36g
Picture: Police training

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 9:41pm On Dec 12, 2018
GH

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2018
fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKOGjZzk7mY
SAMBISA NIGHT FIGHT-The most Dangerous Encounter. Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW5SS-3CMC8

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

Man........ We need a minimum of 300 units to be honest.

A 6x6 version armed with a 25mm RWCS shouldn't be far too.

That's should be there next product upgrade after these project.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidex111: 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2018
obonomaa:
GH

These guys av SBS batch... grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 10:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
[quote author=bidex111 post=73793405]

These guys av SBS batch... grin[/quot

Nigerian navy sbs, trained them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2018
Henry240:

It's a huge target. The Rooikat for me, is more of an AFV than a Long Range Patrol Vehicle.
Yeah and it also faster, has better range, and ridiculously well armored.

Also P.S I've only noticed now that you have changed the subject from reconnaissance to Long range Patrol...............These are 2 very very very different things. Also my argument for the Rooikat was as a recce vehicle NOT a long range patrol vehicle. Useing a Rooikat for patrolling would be a waste.

Lastly the Hornet is also not a patrol vehicle and wasn't designed as such.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
jln115:
Yeah and it also faster, has better range, and ridiculously well armored.

Also P.S I've only noticed now that you have changed the subject from reconnaissance to Long range Patrol...............These are 2 very very very different things. Also my argument for the Rooikat was as a recce vehicle NOT a long range patrol vehicle. Useing a Rooikat for patrolling would be a waste.

Lastly the Hornet is also not a patrol vehicle and wasn't designed as such.
You've jumped the gun. When i referred to Reconnaissance vehicles, i was referring to vehicles like the Hornet, Wolf, Panhard SFV, Jankel LRPV and Fox etc etc.

The Rooikat doesn't fit into that category.

Special forces vehicles used for reconnaissance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.