Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5974070 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
jln115:

OR!! It's the fact that It has severe problems at hot 'n high!! As proven in multiple crashes across Hot n' High conditions INCLUDING Nigeria!
I knew you would bring this up. grin
Remember Nigerian Augusta Westlands fly more sorties than yours, so the higher likelihood of crashes.

But let's all just agree that the heli is a sh*tty one.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Xbee007:

I knew you would bring this up. grin
Remember Nigerian Augusta Westlands fly more sorties than yours, so the higher likelihood of crashes.

But let's all just agree that the heli is a sh*tty one.
How many hours did they fly? obviously if you are going to make such bold claims you should have some numbers to back it up.

secondly Your A109s started falling out the sky long before the BH insurgence became significant!!

and lastly when i said it was a sh1tty helo, you said it was because our maintenance crews need to be retrained.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2019
Tunisian Police B.A.T : Brigade Anti-Terrorisme

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 19, 2019
Sukhoi 30 MKA

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2019
T 72 algerian army

During last exercise

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2019
Last algerian.army exercise this april 2019

From 00:55 to 02:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsSJzqAu0EI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2019
Algerian1:

do your army ever tired of exercises

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 11:53am On Apr 19, 2019

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bmp2 and nimr II turret

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
Part 2 of Tv report algerian army for april about the units on borders

algerian niger borders :

03:00 to 05:22 arresting illegal migrants on niger borders
05:38 to 06:11 the Nimr II
07:45 to 09:10 arresting smugglers

Algerian libyan borders :

11:40 to 13:40 an ambush against terrorist infiltration exercise
14:30 to 15:30 Assault exercice

Algerian malian borders

20:50 to 21:40 searching and findind a weapon cache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9fzP1gM2c
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Part 1 of the Tv report

11:00 to 12:15 mi 171 and foot patrol in desert

13:20 to 13:50 arresting smugglers

14:50 to 16:48 training , snipers , martial arts, SF

19:00 to 20:00 the Fox2

21:00 to 22:55 mig 29

23:10 to 24:18 interesting part nice views of the mi 24 MKIII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT8awDHT750
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
Algerian1:
Tunisian Police B.A.T : Brigade Anti-Terrorisme
This guys...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
giles14:
do your army ever tired of exercises

My brother askam.Even to contribute soldiers for peace keeping in neigboring Mali they can't but every month it's exercise upon exsercise

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
fabselad:

My brother askam.Even to contribute soldiers for peace keeping in neigboring Mali they can't but every month it's exercise upon exsercise

Algerian army can't have operations outside its borders . it's an important article of the Algerian constitution. And its better like this .

And for mali , algeria warned the international community that an attack on Libya would have consequences for the entire region , now armies that burned libya should fix the consequences of their act even if algeria is making big effort in the peace negociations in mali

+ UN peace keeping is a busness for some armies (like benguladesh first provider in the world) . 1.410 dollars per month for each soldier + Countries contributing are also reimbursed for additional training, equipment, transportation, expatriation bonuses incurred by their deployment ... Each country then pays his soldiers a portion of the money received . Algerian army dont need this money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Xbee007:

Is there anything the Chinese won't copy? They no get shame at all.
intellectual thievery...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 20, 2019
Algerian1:

Damn! You guys even have Mars Rovers or wat? Or your country looks like Mars wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 20, 2019
Kenya Anti Terror Police Unit

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
Algerian1:

I've said this before and I reiterate-I admire your armies constant brigade level live firexes and the budgetary allocations that make it possible! Can you give us figures and a breakdown,if possible?
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
Actually,61Mech and Nemesis8u on 2nd thought I'll stick with my 7.62 mm! Yes,the FN and G3 may be unwieldy for rapid fire and/or FIBUA but there are reliable carbine versions by SIG with the 716 and Brazilian IMBEL both under 16 inches barrels and DSA SA 58 with a 14 inch barrel seen here in rapid fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQhjr8XAXSU

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 4:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
7.62 makes even less sense in short barrel. Your loosing all the range performance of the round and gaining what ?
I've shot short barrel 7.62's a lot. At night prepare to blind yourself completely and go deaf. There's no flash hider that can compensate for all the powder still left over after the bullet exits form the short barrel.
Impractical in military combat as your basically lighting a flare on yourself every time you pull the trigger after 6PM

Lots of fun though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FylF6mbync

kikuyu1:
Actually,61Mech and Nemesis8u on 2nd thought I'll stick with my 7.62 mm! Yes,the FN and G3 may be unwieldy for rapid fire and/or FIBUA but there are reliable carbine versions by SIG with the 716 and Brazilian IMBEL both under 16 inches barrels and DSA SA 58 with a 14 inch barrel seen here in rapid fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQhjr8XAXSU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nigeria's foremost war correspondent Brenda Uji with a T'chadian contingent of the MNJTF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 11:19pm On Apr 21, 2019
More

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Victory is sweet! Congrats SA on winning the U18, Nigeria where you at ?
https://www.iaaf.org/news/report/african-u18-u20-championships-abidjan-2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Incoming Inspector General Kenya, looks like every major regional HQ will have its own fully equipped police airwing instead of just one airwing HQ for the whole country.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanees: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jelal0007:
intellectual thievery...
.....is the way forward.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fidha254:
Victory is sweet! Congrats SA on winning the U18, Nigeria where you at ?

they were 3rd in both u18 and u20

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
FIGHT AGAINST INSURGENCY: NAF TAKES DELIVERY OF 2 NEW ATTACK HELICOPTERS, AS CAS CELEBRATES EASTER WITH FRONTLINE TROOPS IN MAIDUGURI, YOLA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has taken delivery of 2 Agusta 109 Power attack helicopters, which are currently being assembled for induction during the forthcoming 2019 NAF Day Celebration taking place in Abuja from 27 - 29 April 2019. This was disclosed by the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, today, 22 April 2019, in Maiduguri during a luncheon with troops of the Air Task Force (ATF) Operation LAFIYA DOLE (OPLD) to mark the Easter Celebrations. ‪The luncheon, which is in keeping with the CAS’ tradition of celebrating festive periods with frontline troops, afforded him the opportunity to interact with the troops in an informal setting to appreciate them for their sacrifices in the fight against insurgency, thereby boosting their morale while also filling the void created by their inability to celebrate the season with their families. ‬

In his remarks at the event, the CAS expressed delight to be in Maiduguri and commended the resilience and commitment of the troops in ensuring that Nigeria and Nigerians are safe. He said the NAF, with the support of the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, as well as the National Assembly, would continue to acquire new platforms and build human capacity whilst ensuring the welfare of personnel, in order to effectively and efficiently respond to national security imperatives. He specially commended the Commader, officers, airmen and airwomen of the ATF for the successes recorded in the fight against the terrorists within the OPLD Theatre as well as in the Multi-National Joint Task Force Operation YANCIN TAFKI. He equally commended the ATF Commander for the various value adding welfare projects that had been executed to enhance the wellbeing of personnel. The CAS reminded the personnel that so much was at stake in the fight to rid the Nation of insurgents, terrorists, armed bandits and other criminal elements. Accordingly, he urged them to remain resolute while intensifying their efforts and maintaining continuous vigilance to defend the liberties and values Nigerians hold so dear.

Air Marshal Abubakar seized the opportunity to thank the government and people of Borno State as well as the Shehu of Borno and other traditional rulers in the State for their continued support to the NAF through the ATF OPLD. He equally appreciated President Muhammadu Buhari for his unflinching support to the NAF by ensuring the enabling environment and providing the necessary resources for the Service to perform its assigned duties. He noted that the delivery of the 2 Agusta 109 Power attack helicopters was a testimony of this immense support. He remarked that the NAF, working in concert with sister Services and other security agencies, would continue to reciprocate by sustaining its operations, not only in the Northeast but also in the Northwest, in order to ensure that Nigerians are able to pursue their legitimate aspirations, without fear.

Earlier in his welcome address, the ATF Commander, Air Vice Marshal (AVM) James Gwani, expressed the appreciation of the officers and men of the ATF to the CAS for his consistent presence in Maiduguri, which he said, was not only a huge source of motivation, but also a staunch indication of his commitment to the welfare and morale of the personnel. He thanked the CAS for providing all necessary facilities to ensure effective service delivery and pledged their unwavering loyalty and commitment towards ensuring mission accomplishment. Branch Chiefs and other senior officers from Headquarters NAF accompanied the CAS to the luncheon, which also had the Lawan of Gomari and other members of the Gomari Community in attendance.

In a similar vein, the CAS had earlier feted ATF troops in Yola at an Easter Luncheon on 21 April 2019. The CAS, who was represented by the Chief of Policy and Plans (COPP) Headquarters NAF, AVM Emmanuel Anebi, commended the troops for their commitment and resilience in the fight against insurgency noting that Nigerians were appreciative of their enormous sacrifices and efforts at ensuring the territorial integrity and security of the Nation. He emphasised that the get-together was also aimed at fostering comradeship and regimentation among troops, while charging them to maintain continuous vigilance at all times.

The CAS appreciated the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, President Muhammadu Buhari, for his unflinching support to the NAF by ensuring the enabling environment and providing the necessary resources for the Service to perform its assigned duties. According to him, “We can only show our gratitude for the President’s support to the NAF by remaining a disciplined force and exhibiting the highest level of professionalism in all our activities. I therefore enjoin you all not to relent in your efforts”, he said.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJwngxFWKbE

What fuckery did I just watched?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:49am On Apr 23, 2019
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Jelal0007(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nicheey:

What fuckery did I just watched?
can you tell us what you heard please? Network is bad here, can't stream this clip.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2019
Jelal0007:
can you tell us what you heard please? Network is bad here, can't stream this clip.

Heard?I saw worse!. Imagine the commander of the female corps saying he'll deploy those women(somebody's wives and mothers)to the theatre and (the journalist said this her self)hopefully they'll surpass their male colleagues.

na dia my Bottle of beer fall from my hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2019
Nicheey:

Heard?I saw worse!. Imagine the commander of the female corps saying he'll deploy those women(somebody's wives and mothers)to the theatre and (the journalist said this her self)hopefully they'll surpass their male colleagues.

na dia my Bottle of beer fall from my hand.
And their slogan? "What a man can do a woman can do better."

Sounds nonsensical and too cliché to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.