Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1902) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5967947 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 7:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
"The saddest thing is if you can't pull your weight you'll never meet your continental obligations leaving us all worse off.[/quote]"

The money that was paid by the UN to the SA gov. for peacekeeping missions never even made it back to the SANDF, so the army has to finance peacekeeping out of its own budget. Never mind replacing equipment that gets worn down during peacekeeping missions.
Completely unacceptable and irresponsible behaviour from the SA gov.

The defence review done years ago laid out a plan for the rehabilitation of the SANDF without spending a lot, but nothing has been implemented so the atrophy of the defence force will just continue until there's virtually no conventional warfare capabilities left.
By then it would take a huge amount of money to fix the problem.

kikuyu1:

Sometimes I think you guys forget with an average per capita GDP of 6300$,an experienced first world scientific, commercial and engineering cadre and a total budget resembling that of a second world country you can do better than spending some 4$bn for roughly 100K which is 1.5% of GDP. Imo,.the real issue,is the real string pullers,the faceless ones behind the scenes of your politics-THEY DON'T WANT A WELL EQUIPPED SANDF. These guys have their own plans for RSA which may even include balkanisation as a Western diplomat actually admitted to Eeben Barlow.

Good googly moogly! I heard smth similar a decade ago and dismissed it as anti ANC BS. The saddest thing is if you can't pull your weight you'll never meet your continental obligations leaving us all worse off.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
MiddleDimension:

you mean not like Naija too?
Can't compare South Africa with Nigeria, or any other African country when it comes to National Budget.....South Africa has a budget 9 times than that of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by theenchanter: 12:14am On Jul 25, 2019
jln115:
Can't compare South Africa with Nigeria, or any other African country when it comes to National Budget.....South Africa has a budget 9 times than that of Nigeria.
sure about d bolded?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EVarn(m): 8:17am On Jul 25, 2019
jln115:
Not up to 9 times, but certainly many times more than that of Nigeria. Bearing in mind that more than half your budget per fiscal year goes into debt servicing,recurrent expenditures and social programmes, not into my meaningful infrastructures or project.

PS: Just as Covert1 said, the federal budget is what the SA national budget surpasses, states have their own budgets too,and there are 36 autonomous states.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 8:47am On Jul 25, 2019
jln115:

You sit in your house and rant nonsense to massage your ego. Nigeria yet surpasses your measuring rod.

The right word to use is Federal Budget vs your National Budget. Nigeria is a Federal State with 36 sub-national states each with it's own Chief Executive and Budgetary Processes and then there's the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja (FCT) with it's own Federal Minister and it's own huge Federal allocation in the Federal Governments Budget. SA on the other hand is a Unitary State with a National Budget provision.

Besides, Nigeria has supplementary budget provisions and many State entities has extra budgetary provisions for sensitive national security assets and social programs. Nigeria's budgetary process is opaque.

And to be clear some states in Nigeria have budgets larger than the next 35 African countries combined.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2019
giles14:
what makes F-35 far more important than S-400? Is it because Russia is showing restrain in using them against Israel in Syria?

If the Su 35 can track the f22 ,then the f35 would be child's play.

So less you forget turkey also manufacture some components of the f35.
The F-35 is the most advanced, the most revolutionary weapon system built by man. It completely re-writes the manual on air operations in the 21st century.

All the partners involved in the programme stand to gain billions of dollars in domestic manufacturing.

Turkey is by far the biggest loser in the deal to purchase of the S-400, yet they stand to lose 12 billion dollars in manufacturing orders for the F-35.

The cost of moving the component manufacturing to the US is 200 million dollars.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 25, 2019
I reached out to Proforce Defence, first to congratulate them on the launch of ARA 2, and the deliveries to the army and exports.

Proforce Defence confirmed the following;

- There would be a lighter version of the ARA 2. This new vehicle would be 9 tons. It would be launched very soon.

- I asked about a 6x6 version similar to the VBMR Griffon or the Titus. Proforce Defence confirms a 6x6 version would come in later in the future.

- Proforce confirms the Nexter Titus and ARA 1 use the same chassis from Tatra, however the ground clearance is restricted to the chassis, meaning when the Nigerian army asked for a higher vehicle, the low ground clearance proved to be a challenge. This was one of the reasons Tatra was ditched for the monocoque hull which is today used in the ARA 2.

- Proforce also confirms their R& D team are looking for better solutions for their 8x8 version and 6x6 version.

So we now know a 9 ton version would soon be launched. Light infantry units, special forces and quick response units requirements would soon be fully satisfied.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:37am On Jul 25, 2019
Henry240:

The F-35 is the most advanced, the most revolutionary weapon system built by man. It completely re-writes the manual on air operations in the 21st century.

All the partners involved in the programme stand to gain billions of dollars in domestic manufacturing.

Turkey is by far the biggest loser in the deal to purchase of the S-400, yet they stand to lose 12 billion dollars in manufacturing orders for the F-35.

The cost of moving the component manufacturing to the US is 200 million dollars.
I see .
But turkey was aware of that but still with the purchase of the S-400 not minding the sanctions that comes with it.

Above all there is nothing revolutionary about the f35.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:41am On Jul 25, 2019
Henry240:
I reached out to Proforce Defence, first to congratulate them on the launch of ARA 2, and the deliveries to the army and exports.

- There would be a lighter version of the ARA 2. This new vehicle would be 9 tons. It would be launched very soon.

- I asked about a 6x6 version similar to the VBMR Griffon or the Titus. Proforce Defence confirms a 6x6 version would come in later in the future.

- Proforce confirms the Nexter Titus and ARA 1 use the same chassis from Tatra, however the ground clearance is restricted to the chassis, meaning when the Nigerian army asked for a higher vehicle, the low ground clearance proved to be a challenge. This was one of the reasons Tatra was ditched for the monocoque hull which is today used in the ARA 2.

- Proforce also confirms their R& D team are looking for better solutions for their 8x8 version and 6x6 version.

So we now know a 9 ton version would soon be launched. Light infantry units, special forces and quick response units requirements would soon be fully satisfied.
is the side vent for air conditioning.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by theenchanter: 9:55am On Jul 25, 2019
EVarn:
Not up to 9 times, but certainly many times more than that of Nigeria. Bearing in mind that more than half your budget per fiscal year goes into debt servicing,recurrent expenditures and social programmes, not into my meaningful infrastructures or project.

PS: Just as Covert1 said, the federal budget is what the SA national budget surpasses, states have their own budgets too,and there are 36 autonomous states.
Covert1:

You sit in your house and rant nonsense to massage your ego. Nigeria yet surpasses your measuring rod.

The right word to use is Federal Budget vs your National Budget. Nigeria is a Federal State with 36 sub-national states each with it's own Chief Executive and Budgetary Processes and then there's the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja (FCT) with it's own Federal Minister and it's own huge Federal allocation in the Federal Governments Budget. SA on the other hand is a Unitary State with a National Budget provision.

Besides, Nigeria has supplementary budget provisions and many State entities has extra budgetary provisions for sensitive national security assets and social programs. Nigeria's budgetary process is opaque.

And to be clear some states in Nigeria have budgets larger than the next 35 African countries combined.
very correct, most people compare our national budget with unitary countries, forgetting that Nigeria is a federation n all states have their own separate budget.

Some people also failed to note that countries have different PPP's.. meaning: the worth of a dollar is different in every countries.

Some people will finally believe that Angola has a bigger budget than Egypt without considering their economic differences.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2019
Gecko 8 x 8

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2019
theenchanter:
sure about d bolded?
100% yes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 25, 2019
EVarn:

It's is 9 times larger according to the CIA factbook, also South African Provinces have their own autonomous Budgets as well.

Secondly SAs Budget deficit was only slightly more than Nigeria's budget deficit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2019
Covert1:

Don't wet your panties Agaugust.

South African provinces have their own budgets as well which excludes that of the National budget.

I'm not attacking Nigeria im just stating the facts.........In fact i didn't even mention Nigeria in my original post!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2019
For those interested:

South African provincial budgets:

http://www.treasury.gov.za/documents/provincial%20budget/2019/3.%20Estimates%20of%20Prov%20Rev%20and%20Exp/Default.aspx

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nigerian federal budget: $14 billion
Nigerian state budgets : $20 billion
Total= $34 Billion

South African National budget: $92 Billion
South African Provincial Budget: $40 billion
Total= : $132 Billion

Sources: CIA factbook, SA government, http://ymonitor.org/see-2019-budget-for-nigerias-36-states/

I admit its not 9 times larger anymore when factoring in State/Provincial budgets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Henry240:

i don't really get something. They used another chassis different from Tatra chassis? Do you know which chassis perhaps?

I am highly expectant of the 9ton version, that'd make quite a lot of sales in West Africa
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Special forces at Rheinmetall demo:

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Covert1:

Thought i should reply to the bold:

This is my post leading up to my budget post, which i apparently made to stroke my ego:

jln115:

RSA might not be Kenya, but we still broke bro!! no money=no weapons!

Also project Hotel and Project Biro(only the IPV requirement) have already commenced, thus not delayed anymore......As for the other....Well not much to say really!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
jln115:

Thought i should reply to the bold:

This is my post leading up to my budget post, which i apparently made to stroke my ego:

In the name of Allah let this budget ishyt go! This place will turn into ToT before you know it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
61mech:
"The saddest thing is if you can't pull your weight you'll never meet your continental obligations leaving us all worse off."

The money that was paid by the UN to the SA gov. for peacekeeping missions never even made it back to the SANDF, so the army has to finance peacekeeping out of its own budget. Never mind replacing equipment that gets worn down during peacekeeping missions.
Completely unacceptable and irresponsible behaviour from the SA gov.

The defence review done years ago laid out a plan for the rehabilitation of the SANDF without spending a lot, but nothing has been implemented so the atrophy of the defence force will just continue until there's virtually no conventional warfare capabilities left.
By then it would take a huge amount of money to fix the problem.

Sometimes I think you guys forget with an average per capita GDP of 6300$,an experienced first world scientific, commercial and engineering cadre and a total budget resembling that of a second world country you can do better than spending some 4$bn for roughly 100K which is 1.5% of GDP. Imo,.the real issue,is the real string pullers,the faceless ones behind the scenes of your politics-THEY DON'T WANT A WELL EQUIPPED SANDF. These guys have their own plans for RSA which may even include balkanisation as a Western diplomat actually admitted to Eeben Barlow.

Good googly moogly! I heard smth similar a decade ago and dismissed it as anti ANC BS. The saddest thing is if you can't pull your weight you'll never meet your continental obligations leaving us all worse off.

Which is what the Global Elites want:remember the old 1999 Mbeki arms deal? Had you not bought 209s and Grips your Navy would still be driving 50 yr old Daphnes and the SAAF would be flying thrice rebuilt Mirage F1s! I still recall how everyone screeched in outrage-observers,friends,enemies,journos and tellingly even former foreign ANC 'allies.'
This is a typical example:
I speak as a US citizen who has visited SA many times and who is well
aware that the onus of helping the AIDS epidemic in South Africa will
eventually fall on the US taxpayer.

We are surprised that President Mbeki has sanctioned the government
spending on defence equipment, in particular the purchase of Gripen
fighters from the UK arms dealer British Aerospace for the SADF. [/b]This
purchase represents a large proportion of the SA budget, money which
should have beeen allocated to the sick and infirm.

It amazes those of us who heard President Mbeki plead poverty in the
press briefings during his recent US visit whilst [b]hard earned tax payers'
money is frittered away on highly expensive jet fighters acquired in the
highly profitable arms market to fight an unknown enemy?

https://www.bmj.com/content/321/7253/67.2/rapid-responses

Everyone else,hopefully this map gives some context. A 2nd world nation of 56 mn people on 1.2 sq km-our wealthiest on the southern tip literally looking after our collective underbelly.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Henry240:

when will they go into IFVs and MBTs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
kikuyu1:

In the name of Allah let this budget ishyt go! This place will turn into ToT before you know it.
In all honesty it is funny, since i was criticizing my own country......And didn't even mention Nigeria!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
kikuyu1:

Which is what the Global Elites want:remember the old 1999 Mbeki arms deal? Had you not bought 209s and Grips your Navy would still be driving 50 yr old Daphnes and the SAAF would be flying thrice rebuilt Mirage F1s! I still recall how everyone screeched in outrage-observers,friends,enemies,journos and tellingly even former foreign ANC 'allies.'
This is a typical example:
https://www.bmj.com/content/321/7253/67.2/rapid-responses

Everyone else,hopefully this map gives some context. A 2nd world nation of 56 mn people on 1.2 sq km-our wealthiest on the southern tip literally looking after our collective underbelly.

rebuilt Mirage IIIs!!! even older than the F1s!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
jln115:
Total= $34 Billion

Sources: CIA factbook, SA government, http://ymonitor.org/see-2019-budget-for-nigerias-36-states/

I admit its not 9 times larger anymore when factoring in State/Provincial budgets.

Wat da fucq
Nigeria fg budget: 14billion

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
Henry240:

Henry240 pls try and confirm if there is any collaboration with the air Force for the production of attack helicopters and drones cos I saw it on their Instagram page last year December that they signed a MoU with the NAF for the production of attack helicopters and drones
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 2:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
jln115:
Total= $34 Billion

Federal Budget=24 Billion dollars
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
Shaytun:

Federal Budget=24 Billion dollars
I was quoting the CIA factbook,For both SAs and Nigerias budget, however I think the figures are from 2017 thus slightly outdated.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
MiddleDimension:

when will they go into IFVs and MBTs?

MBT's?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
saengine:

MBT's?

any problem?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
MiddleDimension:

any problem?

Oh nothing, don't mind me. No problem at all grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Toju200:
Henry240 pls try and confirm if there is any collaboration with the air Force for the production of attack helicopters and drones cos I saw it on their Instagram page last year December that they signed a MoU with the NAF for the production of attack helicopters and drones
I will.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) (1903) (1904) (1905) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.