Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,748 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:10 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6039410 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EVarn(m): 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
seankafor:
how about this? undecided
Okay, I know this isn't the thread for this issue, but since it was brought up, I can't resist chipping in my own opinion and leaving it at that.

The current spate of attacks against foreign Africans in RSA is as a result of decades of heinously criminal activities such as drug peddling, human trafficking, fraud and so on, perpetrated by Nigerians and other Africans in RSA. Due to negligence and poor policing on the part of the South Africans, the people decide occasionally to take matters into their own hands and deal with those they perceive as criminals. These attacks are not specifically targeted at Nigerians as we like to think, it affects many African people including Zimbabweans, Ghanaians, Ethiopians etc, and I don't like to use the term "xenophobia" to describe what is going on there.

We see a lot of these people dealing in drugs and criminality, the same way they do here in Nigeria and all over the world, bringing in their relatives one by one to join in the hellish enterprise. When it is chrismas period,they go to their villages to flaunt the ill gotten wealth and acquire chieftaincy titles.

While I condemn the destruction of lives and properties by South Africans, I also recognize that these events are as a result of genuine grievances that occasionally dissolve into mob action. We must therefore, call on both the governments of Nigeria and South Africa to form a bi-national cooperation on eradication of these violent activities and their causes. RSA must also strengthen it's laws and policing system to enable the criminals who are causing these issues to be fished out and prosecuted.

This issue is reminiscent of the fulani herdsmen crisis. The same Nigerians who are calling for the annihilation of all fulani people due to the actions of a few marauders among them, will be at the forefront of emotional outbursts and caustic vibrations against the actions of these South African mobs. Now, Nigerians(and other Africans) are being treated in South Africa the exact same way many Nigerians want fulani herdsmen to be treated in Nigeria. Should we say Nigerians are xenophobic?.

It's all about cause and effect. Nobody is mad. Everyone is reacting against a perceived slight. Nigerians feel the Fulanis are destroying the country and we want them all gone, South Africans feel African migrants are detroying their country and they want them all gone.

In short, we should all calm down. Look at the fact and call on the governments to address these issues affecting our countries. Nigerians should not give in to reckless actions such as looting of South African owned businesses and such, we should instead focus on building a better country for ourselves.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by klhazhik(m): 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
EVarn:
Okay, I know this isn't the thread for this issue, but since it was brought up, I can't resist chipping in my own opinion and leaving it at that.

The current spate of attacks against foreign Africans in RSA is as a result of decades of heinously criminal activities such as drug peddling, human trafficking, fraud and so on, perpetrated by Nigerians and other Africans in RSA. Due to negligence and poor policing on the part of the South Africans, the people decide occasionally to take matters into their own hands and deal with those they perceive as criminals. These attacks are not specifically targeted at Nigerians as we like to think, it affects many African people including Zimbabweans, Ghanaians, Ethiopians etc, and I don't like to use the term "xenophobia" to describe what is going on there.

We see a lot of these people dealing in drugs and criminality, the same way they do here in Nigeria and all over the world, bringing in their relatives one by one to join in the hellish enterprise. When it is chrismas period,they go to their villages to flaunt the ill gotten wealth and acquire chieftaincy titles.

While I condemn the destruction of lives and properties by South Africans, I also recognize that these events are as a result of genuine grievances that occasionally dissolve into mob action. We must therefore, call on both the governments of Nigeria and South Africa to form a bi-national cooperation on eradication of these violent activities and their causes. RSA must also strengthen it's laws and policing system to enable the criminals who are causing these issues to be fished out and prosecuted.

This issue is reminiscent of the fulani herdsmen crisis. The same Nigerians who are calling for the annihilation of all fulani people due to the actions of a few marauders among them, will be at the forefront of emotional outbursts and caustic vibrations against the actions of these South African mobs. Now, Nigerians(and other Africans) are being treated in South Africa the exact same way many Nigerians want fulani herdsmen to be treated in Nigeria. Should we say Nigerians are xenophobic?.

It's all about cause and effect. Nobody is mad. Everyone is reacting against a perceived slight. Nigerians feel the Fulanis are destroying the country and we want them all gone, South Africans feel African migrants are detroying their country and they want them all gone.

In short, we should all calm down. Look at the fact and call on the governments to address these issues affecting our countries. Nigerians should not give in to reckless actions such as looting of South African owned businesses and such, we should instead focus on building a better country for ourselves.

So you could held your phone up to your face for minutes and and only come up with this trash
I clearly understand this is not the right tread to discuss this, buh i can't let this one slide.
Do you realize how disheartening this is
Mind you, do not come here and spit thrash out of that your Godforsaken stinking mouth of yours and talk trash if you got no better comment to contribute to matter on ground. There you are talking about fraud, drug trafficking as the case maybe, What happen to peaceful protest if they want they really want 'em out, huh?

A close friend's brother (who happens to be my street brother) was murder in there less than 48hours ago, those murderers were mobbing him, slapping him even beating him but that won't do them, they go on and light him up like he was a midnight robber. A successful graduate and a car dealer based in SA, comes home on holiday, to his F&F, was brutally murdered and his clips was licked out for his family to watch. Now imagine if it's you in this end, WILL YOU GO ON AND TYPE THOSE SHITS UP THERE, HUH?

FYI, you can't compare Radical Fulani Herdsmen with this Xenophobic Attacks On African in SA.

Am out!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
EVarn:
Sometimes, silence is golden.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PhilipGallagher(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2019
You claim to protest against alleged drug dealers and yet you loot and kill legitimate business owners. Mtschew.

Xenophobia is xenophobia

I don't want to derail this thread, so I won't drag this any further.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 3:30am On Sep 04, 2019
EVarn:

u re much weaker than a puccy..
Dont ever quote me again if u going to rant like a di'ickhead supporting xenophobic republic angry

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 3:37am On Sep 04, 2019
I can't believe what i just read lol.
So this was because other Africans in SA are criminals, lord have mercy.
In other words SA citizens are saints? are you fvking joking haha, damn. okay.
when SA citizens commit heinous crimes, who do they attack? You should read more news about the crimes being committed over there, by their own citizens, what a bs chief.
Naija that can't eradicate crime within it's own borders, would form some Bi-bs with SA to eradicate same, good luck with that.
Poverty breeds crime, there is still deep rooted poverty in SA, if this was simply about crime, they wouldn't be looting and stealing hardworking people's stuff.
SA that has over 19,000 murders btw 2016/17, guess we can blame them on other Africans

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 3:57am On Sep 04, 2019
Sizzorkay:
I can't believe what i just read lol.
So this was because other Africans in SA are criminals, lord have mercy.
In other words SA citizens are saints? are you fvking joking haha, damn. okay.
when SA citizens commit heinous crimes, who do they attack? You should read more news about the crimes being committed over there, by their own citizens, what a bs chief.
Naija that can't eradicate crime within it's own borders, would form some Bi-bs with SA to eradicate same, good luck with that.
Poverty breeds crime, there is still deep rooted poverty in SA, if this was simply about crime, they wouldn't be looking and stealing hardworking people's stuff.
SA that has over 19,000 murders btw 2016/17, guess we can blame them on other Africans
leave that puccy sucker of evarns.
Aren't the xenophobic republic the ones consuming the drugs? How can u sell something that isn't booming in the market?
They like and consume the drugs sold to them. Yet that mugu comes to rant like an expired hoeloesho angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 04, 2019
I see people don't want to follow the rules hey??

Looks like we need some bans!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2019
EVarn:

There is no way we can use one type of criminality to justify another criminality. Why single out foreigner's? Are there no SA collaborators? Are you trying to tell me there's no single SA drug dealer in SA? Why are those one's not attacked? Why are other countries not doing same to foreign drug dealers? Or why are SA drug dealers in South America not being lynched? Why loot shops owned by these people after attacking and killing them? This paints a picture of xenophobia, nothing more nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
Doubt Harpoon has been integrated.
The onboard equipment would have added huge cost to the sub procurement and a US export licence would have been required for the system.
The SA Navy would also have installed Harpoon instead of Exocet on their surface ships if this was the case.
No doubt those subs could have Harpoon installed, but it would take a expensive re-fit. SA's territorial waters are well suited for close up torpedo warfare.

jln115:
They have been integrated, but not sure if the SA navy actually have any in service.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
jln115:
I see people don't want to follow the rules hey??

Looks like we need some bans!!!!
Hey keep shut.Saying anything will further aggravate things.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kalapizim:
Hey keep shut.Saying anything will further aggravate things.
who the are you again??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nigerian Army soldier armed with a Norinco LG3 topped with a holographic sight

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
SANDF paratroopers prepping for a night-time exercise.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
jln115:
who the are you again??
you heard me oga
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2019
Off topic

Delivery of Indian air force Apache helicopter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yoq9koc-f0

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
Its sad to black s.Africans attack other Africans considering that the armed wing of the ANC was hosted, trained, armed,... by African countries while europe and the us supported the boers. Rather than fight other African for crumbs of the economic pie they should be targeting boers who hold most of the countries wealth
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
So, your solution for people attacking minorities who they (wrongfully) blame for their problems is......wait for it.....attacking another minority ??

The problem is not with the Nigerians in SA or the "Boers"
Those people wouldn't be blaming everyone else if the Zuma ANC and friends had spent the money they've been looting from the country on improving the lives of ordinary South Africans and creating jobs instead of enriching themselves and destroying the country's infrastructure.

Did you know that more dollars leave the African continent every year than money coming in as debt and aid ?
How do you think that came to be ?

Tinfoil:
Its sad to black s.Africans attack other Africans considering that the armed wing of the ANC was hosted, trained, armed,... by African countries while europe and the us supported the boers. Rather than fight other African for crumbs of the economic pie they should be targeting boers who hold most of the countries wealth

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lets watch this and know who the real criminals are in South Africa......https://www.facebook.com/1141545352/posts/10219749135135813/?sfnsn=mo&s=713261024&w=n

EVarn:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
Kalapizim:
you heard me oga
I asked who you are bro?? Since post as if you own this thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2019
NAF Ordinance crewman preps 500kg bombs for deployment

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2019
shadowprimezero:
NAF Ordinance crewman preps 500kg bombs for deployment

Chaii
he is posing for a photu and not preping them

Nobody preps munitions inside a ordinance warehouse.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
nemesis8u:

Chaii
he is posing for a photu and not preping them

Nobody preps munitions inside a ordinance warehouse.

Pretty sure there's a glaring difference between the words "prep" and "arm". You're probably confusing the definition for the latter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 6:37pm On Sep 05, 2019
shadowprimezero:

Pretty sure there's a glaring difference between the words "prep" and "arm". You're probably confusing the definition for the latter.
When you prep a bomb you remove the safety so you can mount it on an aircraft (arming an aircraft).

Why would anyone want to prep a bomb (remove the safety) in a room full of bombs?

So I also think he is only posing for pictures which is really unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
kenpaul0:

Lets watch this and know who the real criminals are in South Africa......https://www.facebook.com/1141545352/posts/10219749135135813/?sfnsn=mo&s=713261024&w=n

Lolz...this guy is badtttttt, what can you do, you give him money

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
Xbee007:

When you prep a bomb you remove the safety so you can mount it on an aircraft (arming an aircraft).

Why would anyone want to prep a bomb (remove the safety) in a room full of bombs?

So I also think he is only posing for pictures which is really unprofessional.

In the pic above note the bomb on the right side with the plastic cover.

You will see a dummy plug screwed on to the nose of the bomb , that is to allow easy handling of the bomb and keep the interior of the fuze pit clean.

General practice is to prep/arm the bomb outside in the open ( away from ammunition warehouse ) where possible , as a safety precaution.

When the bomb is required to be made ready for loading onto a aircraft , the bomb is carted to the aircraft pit , the dummy plug is screwed off and the fuze is screwed in its place. Depending on the type of fuze the altitude , safety time settings etc are set either by turning the mechanical knobs on the fuze or electronically using a external kit.

After that it is loaded onto the aircraft and just before the aircraft is ready to depart , the safety ring tied to a red flag is removed to activate the fuze and make the bomb live.

It is also standard practice not to arm/prep the bomb by crewing the fuze onto the bomb if the bomb is not not required for use immediately.

Fuzes r generally very safe but as a precautionary measure they r not left screwed onto a bomb that too inside a ammo depo. On a very unlucky day, for example a small bump on the fuze etc even with the safety pin on may set off the bomb.

Murphy law is a bad ass bitch.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2019
shadowprimezero:

grin ( jokingly )

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:21pm On Sep 05, 2019
61mech:
So, your solution for people attacking minorities who they (wrongfully) blame for their problems is......wait for it.....attacking another minority ??

Those people wouldn't be blaming everyone else if the Zuma ANC and friends had spent the money they've been looting from the country on improving the lives of ordinary South Africans and creating jobs instead of enriching themselves and destroying the country's infrastructure.

Did you know that more dollars leave the African continent every year than money coming in as debt and aid ?

Leave him alone, racists like him never win.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by blacKDalia: 2:01am On Sep 06, 2019
61mech:

Oh! Your leaders are looters too, wait! Hold my beer, have you ever heard about Nigerian leaders? SMH.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 5:22am On Sep 06, 2019
blacKDalia:

Oh! Your leaders are looters too, wait! Hold my beer, have you ever heard about Nigerian leaders? SMH.

Besides the point, irrelevant...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:06am On Sep 06, 2019
Shame on South Africa

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 6:42am On Sep 06, 2019
EVarn:

Evarn you really need help. I have often told you that you mostly just type to be heard even if u mean well. But first you learn to separate facts from fiction and emotion from reality and take a pinch of salt of history next time you write on such matters as these etcetera.

Do you know right now the South African foreign minister is holding brief for his xenophobic people and characterizing every Nigerian as a drug dealer much like Trump to the Mexicans. In fact our foreign intelligence has it that most of the drug hustlers on the streets are from Gambia, Guinea and most other unlikely places even the Caribbean and not Nigerians.

I recommend you do some more reading to understand people's. Just to be clear "nigh every South African is xenophobic including its government one way or another" owing to it's long history of racism and apartheid. The Nigerian government knows it just like every other African country but everyone knows the ire is directed against Nigerians who they perceive in their sub-conscious minds are greater people than them. What they do is borne out of this misconception that we are their competition in Black Africa. It's a mindset that's not gonna go away until we actually do something to rub it in their face that we are no peers. That's what great powers do to establish hegemony.

Right now the federal government is on the right path something that might just be the only good thing it's done if it follows through. Nigeria holds the cards.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) (1926) ... (2855) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.