Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1997) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972465 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
jteku:
Trying to confirm if this is Ara MRAP

https://dailynigerian.com/many-killed-as-boko-haram-attacks-army-commanders-in-borno/

Maxxpro MRAP, not ARA MRAP

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
SuperSixSeven:
I dont know if the pic is related to the news but it shows a destroyed MaxxPro.

You are right.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 12:21am On Jan 08, 2020
jteku:
Trying to confirm if this is Ara MRAP

https://dailynigerian.com/many-killed-as-boko-haram-attacks-army-commanders-in-borno/

That pic was almost a year ago

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:03am On Jan 08, 2020
this Iranian attack on a US airbase shows the loopholes in us air defense systems
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:11am On Jan 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
this Iranian attack on a US airbase shows the loopholes in us air defense systems

I think it shows US air defences are no where as good as that of Russia and Israel.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 8:13am On Jan 08, 2020
kabe1:

I think it shows US air defences are no where as good as that of Russia and Israel.
more purchase of s-400
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2020
kabe1:

it shows nothing of such, its a foreign base, the US has too many bases to protect.
At least no life has been reported lost.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:20am On Jan 08, 2020
IGpro1:
it shows nothing of such, its a foreign base, the US has too many bases to protect.
At least no life has been reported lost.

Although I did not check if American air defences are present in the air bases, but Patriot defence systems in use with Saudi Arabia have proven to be inferior to Russian equivalents.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:21am On Jan 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
more purchase of s-400

Russia is offering them S400.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:52am On Jan 08, 2020
kabe1:

Although I did not check if American air defences are present in the air bases, but Patriot defence systems in use with Saudi Arabia have proven to be inferior to Russian equivalents.
provide proof
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PrinxArthur1(m): 9:56am On Jan 08, 2020
kabe1:

Russia is offering them S400.
I am a prophet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:14am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:15am On Jan 08, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
I am a prophet

Yes Sir.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:45am On Jan 08, 2020
These boats are not for the Nigerian navy.

They are for a Nigerian private military contractor based in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria.

African customers have ordered patrol boats that have been built by Vietnamese shipyards, the country's Tuổi Trẻ newspaper reported on 2 January.

The story and accompanying video focused on the delivery of 50 patrol boats that had been ordered by an unidentified billionaire and showed several small craft being loaded onto a cargo ship for delivery to Port Harcourt in Nigeria.

More significantly, Tuổi Trẻ also reported that 10 "armoured patrol boats" were awaiting delivery for unidentified African customers and showed them lined up at a location that could be identified as the Hong Ha Shipbuilding Company facility in Haiphong.

https://www.janes.com/article/93550/vietnam-to-deliver-patrol-boats-to-african-customers?socialmedia=twitter

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:58am On Jan 08, 2020
Why are peoples posts being deleted??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
The US is deploying additional troops to guard Manda Air Field and Base in Kenya.

i thought some Kenyans were claiming here that the airstrip is for both civilian and military? with no Americans guarding it.

How come a foreign power is guarding the air base?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:35pm On Jan 08, 2020
kabe1:
The US is deploying additional troops to guard Manda Air Field and Base in Kenya.

i thought some Kenyans were claiming here that the airstrip is for both civilian and military?

How come a foreign power is guarding the air base?
This will attract more terrorist attacks... Western nations should just leave Africa..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
Toju200:
This will attract more terrorist attacks... Western nations should just leave Africa..
Sanctions..Any African nation that dares will suffer sanctions
Lol- why do u think Iraq passed a non binding resolutions requiring US and others to leave... The next-day US threatened sanctions worse than that of Iran
Once u make the mistake of allowing a world power to spend millions of dollars in ur country, they aren't going nowhere
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:45pm On Jan 08, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Sanctions..Any African nation that dares will suffer sanctions
Lol- why do u think Iraq passed a non binding resolutions requiring US and others to leave... The next-day US threatened sanctions worse than that of Iran
Once u make the mistake of allowing a world power to spend millions of dollars in ur country, they aren't going nowhere

America truly is the world police.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
From these satellite images, Iran has shown it has the capabilities to defend itself.

You can see the damage on the base. However Iran also has shown it cannot fight the US, as the damage on the base is deliberate miss on some targets.

It looks like it hit close to helicopters though.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
And that's why it's gonna collapse . Eventually .
It's unsustainable
kabe1:

America truly is the world police.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Sizzorkay:
It's unsustainable

The world needs America to stay sane, this is the fact. They do have a disturbing selective amnesia, but there's no alternative to them.

The world won't be a better place with China, the Chinese are good in a distant number 2, but America has to always be number one.

This Iran episodes is the exact reason we need America.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Sizzorkay:
It's unsustainable

I also found out on foreign policy, the world needs an unpredictable American president.

Trump has shown that he's good for world peace.

I think he should be considered for the Nobel Peace price.

If you disagree, you can ask me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 7:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
What do you know about the USA? Is that a joke? hmm, a country that goes all over the world setting fires, is what the world needs? Same USA who tried starting mass protest in Cuba? With the hopes of toppling the Govt there, only to get caught, how many people did the US killed in Iraq? over 200,000 Iraqis died, how is that democracy going in libya? You think they gave a damn about Libya? They simply wanted Ghadaffi gone.
No way in hell i want the US retain it's power or should i say grip on the world.
This is a country that says Iraq must compensate them before they will leave Iraq, lol, never mind they are responsible for the mayhem there, the list goes on and on, these people are no saints, this is coming for a guy that's lived here more than half my life. You don't know half of the evil sheet this country does all over the world.
What i want to see, is a strong Russia and China, then all 3 can have equal say, the idea of having one country going around doing whatever it wants, is a bad idea
Not to argue with you of course, that will just be a waste for both of us, my opinion simply differ , that's all
kabe1:

The world needs America to stay sane, this is the fact. They do have a disturbing selective amnesia, but there's no alternative to them.

The world won't be a better place with China, the Chinese are good in a distant number 2, but America has to always be number one.

This Iran episodes is the exact reason we need America.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
Sizzorkay:
It's unsustainable

One of the reasons I like Trump is, he tells you that nobody has monopoly over violence. If you want to be violent, he'll fight you in the mud, he will win you, drag you in the village square and parade you naked.

However, if you want to talk, and negotiate, make a deal, he's also keen on that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2020
Sizzorkay:
What do you know about the USA? Is that a joke? hmm, a country that goes all over the world setting fires, is what the world needs? Same USA who tried starting mass protest in Cuba? With the hopes of toppling the Govt there, only to get caught, how many people did the US killed in Iraq? over 200,000 Iraqis died, how is that democracy going in libya? You think they gave a damn about Libya? They simply wanted Ghadaffi gone.
No way in hell i want the US retain it's power or should i say grip on the world.
This is a country that says Iraq must compensate them before they will leave Iraq, lol, never mind they are responsible for the mayhem there, the list goes on and on, these people are no saints, this is coming for a guy that's lived here more than half my life. You don't know half of the evil sheet this country does all over the world.
What i want to see, is a strong Russia and China, then all 3 can have equal say, the idea of having one country going around doing whatever it wants, is a bad idea
Not to argue with you of course, that will just be a waste for both of us, my opinion simply differ , that's all

The world was a very dangerous place in the 40's, 50's and 60's.

During the cold war with the USSR, Cuba became a communist state, they had missile from the USSR stationed in Cuba. You can target any part of America from Cuba with missiles from the USSR, nobody not even the Nigerian government would accept that. Imagine boko-haram controls Chad or Niger or Cameron and runs the place, Nigeria would invade the very next minute. National security cannot be compromised. It was a legitimate attack.

In Iraq, why don't you tell us why Iraq invaded Kuwait, threatened Saudi Arabia and threatened oil supplies. It was a legitimate attack too in Iraq.

Saddam Hussein was a threat to world peace, his boasted he had nuclear and chemical weapons.

Please read up and find out why Israel bombed Iraq.

In Libya, taking out Ghadaffi was not the right thing to do, but in Libya, Ghadaffi sent his fighter jets to bomb protesters. Is that a sane thing to you.

Please read up the reason Libyan pilots ran away with fighter jets and landed in Malta.

China is no saint at all, neither is Russia. Please you need to read up on the activities of Russia and the USSR in Africa.

In China and Russia, basic human rights for their own citizens are not respected, now you think they would treat a foreigner better than their own citizens? It won't happen.

You cannot access defenceweb.co.za from China this is a fact.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
My point hasn't changed, US is just as devilish , that's all I'm saying, no one country should have monopoly on the world stage. That's all i meant.
You are judging situation based on what you see on the surface, what you don't see or know, is what should scare everyone.
And most countries will deploy troops against their own citizen if they threaten the Govt or stability of the country, US itself did it.
Turkey's Erdogan who called Assad a monster for using force on his own people, did the exact same thing when protests broke out in his country.
Anyways, what does it matter, not like we have a say in these matters
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
Sizzorkay:
My point hasn't changed, US is just as devilish , that's all I'm saying, no one country should have monopoly on the world stage. That's all i meant.
You are judging situation based on what you see on the surface, what you don't see or know, is what should scare everyone.
And most countries will deploy troops against their own citizen if they threaten the Govt or stability of the country, US itself did it.
Turkey's Erdogan who called Assad a monster for using force on his own people, did the exact same thing when protests broke out in his country.
Anyways, what does it matter, not like we have a say in these matters

Yes, I we do have say in this matter because the outcome affects us all one way or another. If the US, China and India stop buying oil from us, we would be in trouble.

A US war on Iran would be beneficial to Nigeria, actually very beneficial, but the ripple effects might be dangerous as extremist shia may take up arms in Nigeria and wage a campaign against US interests in Nigeria. If US workers don't feel safe in Nigeria they would pack up and leave, a situation that would mean the US won't buy the Nigerian oil again, which is eventually bad for Nigeria.

So infact a US war with Iran is actually bad for Nigeria.

The world is too interconnected.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:52pm On Jan 08, 2020
Nigeria

New patrol boats for Nigeria. This time from China

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 9:01pm On Jan 08, 2020
Who's gonna listen to what you and i have to say? lol, that's what i meant. Your own Govt doesn't care what you have to say, let alone global powers
kabe1:

Yes, I we do have say in this matter because the outcome affects us all one way or another.

The world is too interconnected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1994) (1995) (1996) (1997) (1998) (1999) (2000) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.