Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,257 members, 7,857,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6024390 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (2852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2013
@Henry120, nice photos yet again. Well done.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 10:51am On Dec 02, 2013
Underground: Hey Zaandrew, how were you able to post so many links and avoid being banned by the Spambot?

Don't know. Spambot here is a bit crazy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by cutievik: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2013
@ Henry120,it pains me whenever I see an hilux in a photo with special forces,it's just so demoralizing!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2013
cutievik: @ Henry120,it pains me whenever I see an hilux in a photo with special forces,it's just so demoralizing!

The hilux is not for the special forces unit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
cutievik: @ Henry120,it pains me whenever I see an hilux in a photo with special forces,it's just so demoralizing!

Why, Even the US Speciol forces use pickups. The South African Army put a land cruiser across it.s cross country course anmd it is the best in it's class.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Underground: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2013
Zaandrew, do you guys have sites similar to Nairaland in SA as well?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by zaandrew: 6:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
Underground: Zaandrew, do you guys have sites similar to Nairaland in SA as well?

no, we have lots of forums, but not one forum that combines everything. There are SA gun forums, military forums, 4x4 forums, ex pat forums, extra extra but not one big RSALAND forum. There are lots of SA web sites though again all focusing in one specific area. But sine i only look at the politics section of naairland, i dont see the point in a RSALAND.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2013

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2013
V

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2013
N

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:32am On Dec 12, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2013
Fynline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcslIG2lVE

Does the simple use of FN Scar make you the Best? PR stunts indeed!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 12, 2013
Fynline:

Does the simple use of FN Scar make you the Best? PR stunts indeed!

You should ask the kenyan clowns. Sometimes, I wonder were these clowns derive their conclusion from.

Funny bunch I tell you.

More than 2,000 troops, special forces, secret service and police could not eliminate "four" terrorists. 4 men with AK-47's and grenades attacked a mall in a highbrow area of their capital city, wrecked havoc and still manage to escape, despite the overwhelming security presence in the area.

The incompetent army fired RPG's, anti-tank missiles and charges in the mall, leading to the collapse of the mall. While many other troops helped themselves to looting.

Yes, they are really the best. Clowns!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Nigerian navy mine counter-measure ship

SBS commando

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 12, 2013
henry thanks for the photos. But what exactly do we expect from our navy in the next two to three years in terms of procurement? What are the Navy's challenges? Is a sub needed?

Btw, why should we have a navy yet rely on ex militants to safeguard our waters? Why cant we give to the Navy the money we pay the militants? Isnt it an undermining of the Navy when we turn to militants to do the constitutional duty of the Navy? Will this go down well with the navy?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
souldust: henry thanks for the photos. But what exactly do we expect from our navy in the next two to three years in terms of procurement? What are the Navy's challenges? Is a sub needed?

Btw, why should we have a navy yet rely on ex militants to safeguard our waters? Why cant we give to the Navy the money we pay the militants? Isnt it an undermining of the Navy when we turn to militants to do the constitutional duty of the Navy? Will this go down well with the navy?

Sorry for the late reply. The questions are quite complicated.

1). Haven't you seen the navy's strategic guidance report? The navy released a strategic report detailing all the intend to achieve in the next 12 months ( 2014 fiscal year). In it the navy intends to I) complete the acquisition of the sister ship of the NNS thunder from the US, II) carry out up-grades, over-haul and refits on our flagship.... The Frigate aradu, III) receive the first OPV/ light frigate from china and complete the second in their port-harcourt ship-yard, IV) complete their 38 meter sea-ward defence boat, V) purchase 6 K-13 sea-crafts................... And a few more I can't recall at the moment. All these are for 2014, I can't say for 2015 or 2016.

2). The navy's main challenge at the moment is a lack of enough ocean going vessels. We would get 4 ships in 2014 to add to our fleet, however, the vessels still would not meet our needed demand to effectively police our EEZ and that of our smaller neighbours. We have a large number of small and medium crafts, most likely the biggest in africa, but not enough ocean going vessels.

3) At the moment, we do not need submarines. I do not believe we need subs to chase pirates in our EEZ. However, we do need to build our ant- submarine capacity, and in 3-4 years time, we can then acquire our own SUBs.

We do not rely on militants to patrol our waters!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
h
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2013
S
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
h
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Horus(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu499hXHK5M

Nelson Mandela's Body Flown Home For Funeral
(South African Air Force)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 7:07pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
old vedioe of the cheater C dog fighting tornado from Germany dated 1990s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqTz9ZvrRsU

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sandf

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (2852) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.