Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,933 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029253 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:30pm On Apr 27, 2020
LagosWahala:

Agreed it's the same rate of fire for all AK family rifles.

However the higher manufacturing quality of the "original weapon" reduces the likelihood of stoppage/ jamming.

Right?
Jamming, right.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 8:36pm On Apr 27, 2020
Please can you expand on this Kabe1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:45pm On Apr 27, 2020
kabe1:
Nigeria’s current security operations
· The formal commission into service of a range of new indigenously designed and manufactured vehicles, including a new version of the Infantry Patrol Vehicle, a Tactical Patrol Vehicle, Armoured Personnel Carrier and Mine-Resistant Ambush-Protected vehicle
· Feedback from recent exercises and Peace Support Operations
update on the Kabe1 pls
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:46pm On Apr 27, 2020
Toju200:
update on the Kabe1 pls

It is from IAV (International Armoured Vehicle) event held in January or February of this year.

That's the total information.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2020
kabe1:

It is from IAV (International Armoured Vehicle) event held in January or February of this year.

That's the total information.
ooh ok

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:02pm On Apr 27, 2020
kikuyu1:

For dedicated AT role max range is 1000m. HEAP rounds, High Explosive Anti Personnel could probably get to 5000m but with much degraded accuracy good only for area effect
Seconded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:21am On Apr 28, 2020
MILITARY ENGINEERING MARVELS!

The 1700 km Ledo Road-lying between India and China it was critical in overland logistical supply as the Himalayas were too high for transport aircraft to overfly. It was almost as expensive in human terms as the construction of the the Mombasa Kisumu Railway.

The road was built by 15,000 American soldiers (60 percent of whom were African-Americans) and 35,000 local workers at an estimated cost of US$150 million (or $2 billion 2017).[8] The costs also included the loss of over 1,100 Americans lives, as many died during the construction, as well as the loss of many locals' lives.[9] The human cost of the 1,079 mile road was therefore described as "A Man A Mile".[

Fyi,there were no preliminary soil tests or surveying,unheard of nowadays! Ofc this explains the high human cost.

At the same time Heinz was building sub pens in France. Ultimately 5 were built to with typical German thoroughness to withstand bombs.

The base is 300 metres long, 130 metres wide and 18 metres high, amounting to a 39,000 m² surface on the ground, and a volume of concrete of 480,000 m³. The roof is 8 metres deep, featuring four layers: the first one is a 3.5 metre sheet of reinforced concrete; the second is a 35 cm granite and concrete layers; the third is a 1.7 metre layer of reinforced concrete, and the fourth, is a "Fangrost" layer of steel beams, 1.40 metres deep
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Nazaire_submarine_base

Jean-Fraude now uses the St Nazaire base as a home for the French navy Espadon.

The Ledo Road and these sub pen will live forever as monuments to the strategic necessity of purpose built military engineering structures.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ghana Otokar Cobra II spotted in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJhKTQ0cv9M

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nigerian made Infantry Patrol Vehicle II

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
South-African army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
kabe1:
South-African army
TF is this
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 7:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
kemicalreact:
TF is this

That my friend is the Buffell. It's considered the first MRAP ever made. It was in service with the South African Defence Force and saw extensive action during the Bush War

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kemicalreact: 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2020
shadowprimezero:

That my friend is the Buffell. It's considered the first MRAP ever made. It was in service with the South African Defence Force and saw extensive action during the Bush War
Wow, is that thing mobile? It really looks bulky

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian made Infantry Patrol Vehicle II
Yo beautay!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:58pm On Apr 28, 2020
Please I learnt that the US are building an air base in kainji to house the super tucanos, I'd like to ask, is there any plan by the US to jointly use the base with Nigeria? are we going to see some sort of US military presence in Nigeria?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Turkish Defence Industry land systems.

I pray everyday that Nigeria will get to this level soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbNp284tgkA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Faithful007:
Please I learnt that the US are building an air base in kainji to house the super tucanos, I'd like to ask, is there any plan by the US to jointly use the base with Nigeria? are we going to see some sort of US military presence in Nigeria?
we are not Going to have any foreign military base in Nigeria..
They are just here to help us build the base cos it's in the deal we made...

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 9:14pm On Apr 28, 2020
Toju200:
we are not Going to have any foreign military base in Nigeria..
They are just here to help us build the base cos it's in the deal we made...
A source I read stated that there are also plans for future operations. Also seeing that they built a new base in niger to be closer to lake chad. well let them build the base first
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Kalapizim(m): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
Faithful007:
Kanji base has been existing since and it belongs to the Nigerian Airforce and not US.

It only states the likelyhood of the tucanos been housed there.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
If you have not watched this movie, you're missing a lot!!

I am low key praying eagle wings movie would be like this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mayor555(m): 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
kabe1:
If you have not watched this movie, you're missing a lot!!

I am low key praying eagle wings movie would be like this.

Please sir, title?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 9:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
Faithful007:
A source I read stated that there are also plans for future operations. Also seeing that they built a new base in niger to be closer to lake chad. well let them build the base first
if you knew your country very well, you wouldn't be asking that question. Nigeria is a proud Nation and would never allow any foreign base see the day light here.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
Imagine building and equipping a base
And some folks still think The Tucano deal was a rip off.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2020
kabe1:
South-African army

South African military vehicle design are ugly and rugged grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
Mayor555:

Please sir, title?

Extraction. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mayor555(m): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
kabe1:

Extraction. Thank me later.

Thank you sir.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by marvin906(m): 11:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
Faithful007:

the US having a base in Nigeria is a dream that will never happen

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Nigerian army

This looks like a "new" rocket launcher.

I've never seen this type of Launch vehicle.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 12:30am On Apr 29, 2020
kabe1:
Turkish Defence Industry land systems.

I pray everyday that Nigeria will get to this level soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbNp284tgkA

grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:42am On Apr 29, 2020
kabe1:
Nigerian army

This looks like a "new" rocket launcher.

I've never seen this type of Launch vehicle.
It is version of the BR 21 Grad.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Gen Buratai Continues Operational tour of troops’ locations in the North East

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:43am On Apr 29, 2020
LTGEN:

It is version of the BR 21 Grad.

OK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) (2082) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.