Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962588 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Denel makes international top 100 of defence companies

"Denel is ranked number 100 on the list of global defence manufacturers and the second largest in the southern hemisphere."

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40225:denel-makes-international-top-100-of-defence-companies&catid=7:Industry&Itemid=116
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2015
jln115:

Jap that's a mikor meerkat mgl, not very well looked after though.
Anyway here's a short documentary of the Meerkat mgl on discovery channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX-99a1JCc4
No, mention of its South African origins!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:

Course not!!

If the Americans adopt it then it instantly becomes 100% the product of freedom-land! Just like freedom-fries!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:
That's Americans for you!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
patches689:

Course not!!

If the Americans adopt it then it instantly becomes 100% the product of freedom-land! Just like freedom-fries!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
Nigerian Navy Special Boat service Commando

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2015
Rwandan Police using what is an enlarged Nigerian made Proforce defence Light armoured vehicle in the CAR.

Third photo is a different type Vehicle before delivery to the UN mission in the South-Sudan, possibly delivered to the Rwandan police.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 3:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian Navy Special Boat service Commando

I'll envy these guys if I was in the army grin They are everywhere.

Maybe the government should consider carving them out to be an independent spec ops brigade or something.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
Henry120:
Rw

ewww
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
stillchris:

I'll envy these guys if I was in the army grin They are everywhere.

Maybe the government should consider carving them out to be an independent spec ops brigade or something.

No question. They are modern, picture perfect and a very effective force.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
My home for the next few days as part of Exercise Young Eagle 2015. The sub-zero temperatures at De Brug are no joke!

More pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/sandf.exercises/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
frumentius:
My home for the next few days as part of Exercise Young Eagle 2015. The sub-zero temperatures at De Brug are no joke!

More pics here:
https://www.facebook.com/sandf.exercises/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
Thanks mate for the Facebook page, just went to like it!!!!

Anyway here are more photos from exercise young eagles Facebook page!!! Can't wait for the weekend when the real sh1t begins.

Also it would be great if you can post some more of your own personal photos of the exercise Frum! Thanks for the great work!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2015

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
jln115:

Also it would be great if you can post some more of your own personal photos of the exercise Frum! Thanks for the great work!

I would if I wasn't stuck behind monitors and screens! angry
Waiting to hear if I can get transferred to a tactical mobile command for the weekend assault.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 11, 2015
frumentius:

Hahahah ok no problem mate, seems like your going to have a very busy week/weekend.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
patches689:

ewww
What?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
bidexiii:

Nice pictures which soldiers are in the convoy?
uganda troops
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
members of uganda special forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2015
Namibian Police's Air Wing & Special Reserve Force tactical demo at the recent Windhoek Airshow
Photo creds to Mark Mansfield smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2015
Namibian Air Force K8 also at the Windhoek airshow
photo cred: Mark Mansfield

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2015
Namibian Air Force F7 at the Windhoek Airshow

Photo creds: Mark Mansfield

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Pics 1&2: Namibian Police Special Reserve Force Tactical Demo
Pic 3: Namibian Air Force Transport Pilots
PIC 4: Namibian Air Force Combination of Fighter & Transport Pilots
Photo creds: Marike Van Wyk, Maja Carstens, Nel van Greunen, Gerrit Vermeulen

Gottfried do you know the Transport Squadron number??....The patches on the flight suit indicate the transport wing being 13...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Decided to watch the Hurt Locker today, last time i saw it was about 6 years ago, And in the first 50 seconds of the movie I see US Soldiers jumping out of this truly American APC:

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
jln115:
Decided to watch the Hurt Locker today, last time i saw it was about 6 years ago, And in the first 50 seconds of the movie I see US Soldiers jumping out of this truly American APC:

Also observed itgrin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
frumentius:

Waiting to hear if I can get transferred to a tactical mobile command for the weekend assault.

I don't wana sound dumb, but what's the purpose of all those laptops? What are you guys using them for?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
jln115:

What vehicle is that? I have a vehicle in mind, but just to be sure.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Also observed itgrin grin
Hahaha thats hollywood for you! Anyway did some research and most of the film was shot in Jordan(Obviously not in Iraq were the movie is set) and they used one of Jordans modified Ratels with the Twin 23mm Gun.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
Henry120:

What vehicle is that? I have a vehicle in mind, but just to be sure.
Ratel, with twin 23mm Gun. Its one of Jordan's Ratels.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
Pics 1&2: Namibian Police Special Reserve Force Tactical Demo
Pic 3: Namibian Air Force Transport Pilots
PIC 4: Namibian Air Force Combination of Fighter & Transport Pilots
Photo creds: Marike Van Wyk, Maja Carstens, Nel van Greunen, Gerrit Vermeulen

Gottfried do you know the Transport Squadron number??....The patches on the flight suit indicate the transport wing being 13...

The Tactical photos are cool, however they would have been fantastic if they were close up shots.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
jln115:

Ratel, with twin 23mm Gun. Its one of Jordan's Ratels.

My thoughts exactly, I knew it was a modified Ratel. Speaking of the Jordanians, they pretty much have built a decent defence industry for themselves. They are also building the Mbombe IFV in Jordan at a cost of 1 million a piece.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
Not really a fan of these Special forces RDRV's however, the German Serval Special forces Vehicle and the Jordanian Al-thalab Special forces recon vehicles caught my eye.

The Serval (Pictured below) has 3 gun ports, the main gunner with a 12.7mm, the passenger gunner with a GPMG and a 3rd gunner at the back of the vehicle with a GPMG.

So "tacticool" and so retro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: abbati19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.