Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5974226 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2020
Tobiloba2407:

I was even contributing on beegeagle as tim, I contributed some of the first sbs pictures, mentioned about navy jet ranger helicopter, and everyone said it was a lie, till pictures started coming out and other stuffs
what was your moniker back then?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hennynitan(m): 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2020
jl115:
Who was from skyscraper city on this thread? since I certainly don't think Henry120 who started this thread was ever on Skyscrapercity
I was on skyscrapercity. I started following this thread on it's 18th page or so.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Hennynitan:

I was on skyscrapercity. I started following this thread on it's 18th page or so.
Not with this moniker wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2020
jl115:
LOL grin grin grin grin but welcome back.........seems like it's just me and you left from the originals grin grin

yep, I see both Patrick and Henry are gone. Any idea where they could be?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2020
Hennynitan:

The real originals are the ones from Skyscapercity grin grin grin

I got banned by Ekena at Skyscrapercity, damn that admin. grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
Rooikat with various guns.

Pic 1: the Rooikat in service with the 76mm;

Pic 2: Rooikat with 105mm, intended for export;

Pic 3: rooikat with experimental auto-loading 120mm.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
GreenandGold:

yep, I see both Patrick and Henry are gone. Any idea where they could be?
naa just disappeared.... My time might also be near wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2020
jl115:

honestly, I didn't think I'd find you here.... oh well, let the posting continue.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:45am On Sep 23, 2020
Just a day at the beach. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Photos from ongoing Russian multinational training exercise Kavkaz-2020.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:05am On Sep 23, 2020
more

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanees: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2020
jl115:
Can I get all of your apple devices then when you are gone? grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:41am On Sep 23, 2020
Ibrahimanees:

I prefer android wink

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
GreenandGold:

I got banned by Ekena at Skyscrapercity, damn that admin. grin
Lol, Ekema is very stubborn, he won't stop fighting NicSA and didierdog, popa.
I do enjoy their back and forth tho

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Beegs shouldn't have shut down his blog!!!

Tobiloba2407:

I was even contributing on beegeagle as tim, I contributed some of the first sbs pictures, mentioned about navy jet ranger helicopter, and everyone said it was a lie, till pictures started coming out and other stuffs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ibrahimanees:

You still have my number?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2020
kenpaul0:
Beegs shouldn't have shut down his blog!!!

seconded
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
LANDMARK NAVAL VESSEL CONSTRUCTION

Naval Dockyard Limited have carved a niche in ship building technology. A vast community of dedicated Naval and civilian Engineers using technology to transform their country. NDL the only shipyard in West Africa that deals with military vessels construction. A high-grade Seaward Defence boat of intricate nature that goes as far as 40 nautical miles beyond the continental shelf which is 350 nautical miles. The Seaward Defence boats goes that far linking the offshore petrol vessels. An interface with short fast attacks crafts that can be used for quick reactions.
The idea behind this conception began in 2007 when NDL ventured into the act of building their own vessel instead of buying to reduce cost. It was not a military vessel at the time, but a cruise vessel named ‘SOKALAFIA’. Conceived and built at the Naval shipyard in Port Harcourt. The cruise vessel could ferry 90 personnel from their workplaces to the Navy town along the coast. It became evidence at that point that venturing into building military vessels was possible. And in 2009 the first in the Seaward Defence Series (SDB), a 30m vessel was successfully built and launched in 2011 called NNS ANDONI (P-100). In its effort to improve on SDB I, the Nigerian Navy desired having a bigger vessel as an improvement in its building capacity. This was how NNS KARADUWA (P-102) a 38m vessel, a lift jump from the 30m SDB 1 was built. Both vessels are still operating optimally at sea. The Nigerian Navy is presently at the verge of launching another vessel and expands their fleet. One made of steel, an advancement in its shipbuilding technologies.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
SDB 3 Building Underway In Naval Dockyard Limited

The Nigerian Navy over the decade develop expertise and embarked on design/building of ship and craft. With the present class of the Seaward Defence Boat (SDB3) which is a 43m steel vessel, a shift from aluminium to steel, therefore, the need for critical thinking in terms of Naval architectural design unlike what is common in this region of having ships made of Glass Reinforced Plastic and Aluminium. The research of being all steel vessel was particularly critical now because the SDB3 is the largest of the series and meant to be the best judging by what her roles are supposed to be. Most of her resources are steel, generated at NDL. The Hull is already completed and advancing into the outfitting stage with most of the outfitting equipment on ground. SDB3 is going to be quite appealing with sophisticated trappings
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2020

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2020
Nigerian navy Frigate NNS Aradu at the docks after undergoing an extensive refit.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:26am On Sep 24, 2020
Nigerian made Seaward Defence Boat 1

NNS Andoni

NNS Andoni can sail to 50 nautical miles despite been an SDB. That's 92.6 kilometers out to sea.

That's really impressive.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:29am On Sep 24, 2020
NNS Karaduwa

40 meters Seaward Defence Boat

Also made in Nigeria.

NNS Karaduwa routinely engages in multinational exercises with foreign navy ships, and last year, she sailed to Ghana for Ghana navy's 60th anniversary celebration.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2020
Seaward Defence Boat 3 would be the last in the series.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:02am On Sep 24, 2020
kabe1:
NNS Karaduwa

40 meters Seaward Defence Boat

Also made in Nigeria.

NNS Karaduwa routinely engages in multinational exercises with foreign navy ships, and last year, she sailed to Ghana for Ghana navy's 60th anniversary celebration.
the ship also participated in a naval drill with india

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2020
Members of 2 SAI on patrol in the DRC...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
Breaking News

Nigerian navy has launched a new hydrograhic Ship.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
kabe1:
Unlike the other 1st two versions , there will be no linking side walk in this one.... To get from one side to the other u must go through the door from what I can see...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
kabe1:

I hope that's a good thing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
SDB3 will be a good platform for the development of future home made missile boats.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nigerian Navy Ship

NNS Lana

The new Nigerian Navy hydrographic survey vessel, NNS LANA, launched today at Les Sables D'olonne, France

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2182) (2183) (2184) (2185) (2186) (2187) (2188) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.