Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:45 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6016392 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) (2270) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
no we actually received 5 not six the first two in 2016 if I'm not mistaking the other two in 2018 the one which was spotted in Russia.it was even in one of NAF budget I think the Helo came but was announced publicly.its even in the banner NAF displayed during The Mi-17 induction.
The Mi-24Vs in pH aren't active..
I'm sure one mi-24v is supposed to be in the NE
The Helo in KD is a mi-35p

Thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
The CAS said so himself
Both the Mi-24V and Agusta 109e LUH will soon undergo Reactivation just like the mi35p

post the link of the CAS saying so.

Else i call B.S on this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
no we actually received 5 not six the first two in 2016 if I'm not mistaking the other two in 2018 the one which was spotted in Russia.it was even in one of NAF budget I think the Helo came but was announced publicly.its even in the banner NAF displayed during The Mi-17 induction.
The Mi-24Vs in pH aren't active..
I'm sure one mi-24v is supposed to be in the NE
The Helo in KD is a mi-35p

Man, where is the evidence for all this BS you're sprouting?

You can clearly see an MI-35p in Katsina (North West) in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItgLepVKXg

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:28pm On Jan 19, 2021
In this video, you can clearly hear the Air Chief say aircraft serviceability in the Nigerian Air Force is 85%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXgUyv1wNfk

So where is Toju200 manufacturing his figures from?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
kabe1:

post the link of the CAS saying so.

Else i call B.S on this.
I'll find it and post it...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:51pm On Jan 19, 2021
kabe1:

Man, where is the evidence for all this BS you're sprouting?

You can clearly see an MI-35p in Katsina (North West) in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yItgLepVKXg

the two mi-35p aren't always stationed in one base bro. Though they report from SOG portharcourt in this vid they're in Katsina,one was once In plateau another in Zamfara,it was also deployed in Maiduguri for operation Rattle snake.
I saw 1 of the Mi35p in PH around December 29

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar revealed that, as part of plans to further boost its aircraft serviceability status, the Service was on the verge of completing in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) and avionics upgrade of additional 2 Alpha-Jet aircraft at the 407 Air Combat Training Group, Kainji. He equally disclosed that 2 x F7-Ni aircraft were undergoing LEP in Makurdi, while 7 of same aircraft type were being air freighted to China for overhaul and avionics upgrade. “Plans are in top gear to carry out major inspection on the Mi-24V and A-109 helicopters, Kabe1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
Speaking further, Air Marshal Abubakar revealed that, as part of plans to further boost its aircraft serviceability status, the Service was on the verge of completing in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) and avionics upgrade of additional 2 Alpha-Jet aircraft at the 407 Air Combat Training Group, Kainji. He equally disclosed that 2 x F7-Ni aircraft were undergoing LEP in Makurdi, while 7 of same aircraft type were being air freighted to China for overhaul and avionics upgrade. “Plans are in top gear to carry out major inspection on the Mi-24V and A-109 helicopters, Kabe1

Major inspection on an aircraft doesn't mean the aircraft is not available for combat. That's what you have failed to prove.

This is what i'm asking you to prove.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2021
kabe1:

Major inspection on an aircraft doesn't mean the aircraft is not available for combat. That's what you have failed to prove.

This is what i'm asking you to prove.
Dudeeee what is Major inspection...

Also I've seen the Mi24v in PH they're grounded long side three dauphin helo.
Some without Rotor blades some with Flat tire..
Okay check the documentary on NAF aircraft maintenance go to the part of Mi35p from that part you'll see an Mi24v without Rotor blades at the background.
When last did you see the AW109 after the second crash in Enugu??

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
Dudeeee what is Major inspection...

Also I've seen the Mi24v in PH they're grounded long side three dauphin helo.
Some without Rotor blades some with Flat tire..
Okay check the documentary on NAF aircraft maintenance go to the part of Mi35p from that part you'll see an Mi24v without Rotor blades at the background.
When last did you see the AW109 after the second crash in Enugu??

MI-24 spotted in the northeast in July 2020.

Note the chin mount and absence of FLIR pod

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
Augusta A109 helicopters practicing medvac drills last year

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka1: 5:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
I think you are at sixes and sevens with each other. Toju200 is referring to the Mi-24Vs while Kabe1 is referring to the Mi-35Ps. Two Mi-35Ps were reactivated while the Mi-24s are awaiting reactivation.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2021
kabe1:

this is the mi35m look at the hard port closely only two with the rocket pods visible.
The FLIR pod is even visible

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2021
kabe1:
Augusta A109 helicopters practicing medvac drills last year
ok some are still active not all my bad..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2021
I know by now Nigeria should have over 20 of these MI24/35 so even if 10 are grounded we should still have about 10 active.

One of the MI-24v in port-harcourt was reactivated early last year or late 2019. I will look for the video later.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:20pm On Jan 19, 2021
Toju200:
this is the mi35m look at the hard port closely only two with the rocket pods visible.
The FLIR pod is even visible

This is my last comment on this.

This screenshot is from one of Papel's documentaries.

Nigerian Air Force MI-24V in Yola

I don't know where you got the idea that all Nigerian MI-24V's are grounded.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:29pm On Jan 19, 2021
kabe1:

This is my last comment on this.

This screenshot is from one of Papel's documentaries.

Nigerian Air Force MI-24V in Yola

I don't know where you got the idea that all Nigerian MI-24V's are grounded.
guy these part of the clip is old naaa since 2014/15 the mi-24v was still active in 2016 I don't think all is grounded majority of them I saw one in Maiduguri in 2016 since then I haven't seen it also perhaps one that conducts Anti militants ops but haven't seen it also...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2021
this antispam bot is realy annoying undecided .

banned 3 times today for links
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2021
[b]Fleet Renewal/Acquisition

NIGERIAN NAVY GETTING UAV'S FROM CHINA & SOUTH-AFRICA

It is pertinent to state that fleet renewal is one of the critical pillars of SD 1 and 2 and the strategic objective is to develop the right mix of ships and air asset capability to effectively sustain NN presence across the spectrum of maritime area of interests. In 2020, NN made significant strides in the recapitalisation of her fleet with the support of the FG.

Under capital ships and Inshore Patrol Craft, one Hydrographic Survey Ship from OCEA SA launched and is expected to be delivered by Apr 2021. In addition, five OCEA FPB were added to NN Fleet during the year under review. Furthermore, four x C-Falcon 17m Inshore Patrol Craft from OCEA SA are expected in Nigeria. The NN is also expecting four units of 17M Manta Boats by Messrs Suncraft, scheduled to arrive January 21 while MOD Emergency Procurement of two x 40m Fast Patrol Boat by Messrs DAMEN is also awaiting delivery.

In addition to the capital ships, 25 units of 9.5m RHIBs and 15 units of 8.5m RHIBs Boats were constructed by Suncraft for the NN and are currently in NDL undergoing As & As before final acceptance. Also, 90 other boats are either expected for delivery or have been distributed to NN units.

The NN has taken delivery of 1 X AW 139 Helicopter from Messrs Leonardo Helicopter currently waiting commissioning in Lagos. The NN is also in the process of procuring a total of 14 UAVs to enhance response capability, through Messrs Epsilon in South Africa and CACTIC in China. These are expected to be delivered within the current year.

In retrospect, the NN in last six (counting 2021) years has acquired a total of 378 platforms of varying categories, including 172 RPBs, 114 RHIBs, two SDBs, 12 Manta Class/IPCs, three Whaler Boats, three Tug Boats and two barges. Other platforms acquired included 22 Fast Attack Boats, 14 UAVs, four Helicopters, 14 River Town Class, 12 House boats and four capital ships.[/b]

https://allafrica.com/stories/202101190103.html

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:17am On Jan 20, 2021
NN Research and Developmental efforts gained traction in 2020 with local construction and production of equipment that erstwhile are usually vendor driven and are sourced from manufacturers outside the country. In consolidation of the local shipbuilding efforts, indigenous construction of a 43m SDB III and 2 logistic supply vessels/houseboats at Naval Dockyard Limited and Naval Shipyard Limited respectively are progressing steadily.

These vessels are programmed to join the service by first quarter of 2021. Importantly, about 170 riverine patrol boats were built in-country, thus complementing indigenous shipbuilding capacity, employment generation and skills acquisition.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2021
The Nigerian Navy in last 6 years has acquired a total of 172 RPBs, 114 RHIBs, two SDBs, 12 Manta Class/IPCs, three Whaler Boats, three Tug Boats and two barges. 22 Fast Attack Boats, 14 UAVs, 4 Helicopters, 14 River Town Class, 12 House boats and four capital ships.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2021
kabe1:

that's a Mi35M....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2021
jl115:
that's a Mi35M....
i told him smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2021
Toju200:
i told him smiley
aahhh never mind then wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2021
Toju200:
i told him smiley
The mi24 is not even for export. That why Russia created mi 35 version... So I don't evenNigeria has mi 24/ what we have is the variant which is mi 35
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shogz89: 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

The mi24 is not even for export. That why Russia created mi 35 version... So I don't evenNigeria has mi 24/ what we have is the variant which is mi 35
my thoughts too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

shogz89:
my thoughts too.

MI-24V is a Ukrainian export version of the MI-35.

Main differences are

MI-24V has a chin mounted quad-barrel 12.7mm main gun.

MI-35P has a dual barrel side mounted 30mm gun.

Nigeria has all 3 variants of the MI-35 attack helicopter

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 2:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
kabe1:

Main differences are

Wow thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
kabe1:

Main differences are

Thanks for making this clarifications

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
locally built Fox 2 . algeria

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2021

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raaven: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
more

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2264) (2265) (2266) (2267) (2268) (2269) (2270) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: GreenandGold and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.