Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,236 members, 7,860,508 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6028629 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2015
paramount Armoured Vehicle Race - Fifth Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-estuN_hZY

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 05, 2015
chad air force SU-25

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 05, 2015
africaken:
paramount Armoured Vehicle Race - Fifth Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-estuN_hZY
Hahahahahahahah min:1:01 "Top secret test facility", located at: WF Nkomo St, Pretoria, 0001 and also open to the public!! Also the gerotek test facility is owned by ARMSCOR not Paramount.

And these guys always wondered why everyone watched Top Gear instead of Fifth Gear!!

Anyway still a great vid!! Thanks!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2015
jln115:

Hahahahahahahah min:1:01 "Top secret test facility", located at: WF Nkomo St, Pretoria, 0001 and also open to the public!! Also the gerotek test facility is owned by ARMSCOR not Paramount.

And these guys always wondered why everyone watched Top Gear instead of Fifth Gear!!

what astonished me is the price tag !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 05, 2015
jln115:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
africaken:
Jap, but I think its the price for individual units, which could/would be sold to civilian, like with the Marauder on Top Gear.

The price would obviously be much lower per unit for a large other.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2015
A military chopper takes a short rest at Mpeketoni School grounds in Lamu County in June after patrols around the vast Boni Forest. [PHOTO: MAARUFU MOHAMED/STANDARD]
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000175322&story_title=Kenya:%20kenya-s-boni-forest-declared-as-dangerous-and-disturbed

Lamu, Kenya: Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinett has issued a Gazette Notice declaring the expansive Boni Forest in Kenya’s volatile coastal region as a “disturbed and dangerous area” paving way for a legal security operations to rid the area of Al Shabaab militants thought to be using it as a base for their bloody operations.
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000175322&story_title=Kenya:%20kenya-s-boni-forest-declared-as-dangerous-and-disturbed
[url]http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000175322&story_title=Kenya:%20kenya-s-boni-forest-declared-as-dangerous-and-disturbed[/url]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 1:17pm On Sep 05, 2015
patches689:

Seen it before

Its a fairly ludicrous video

The PLAN would struggle to defeat the JMSDF by itself, let alone the combined might of the ROKN/UNSN/RN/RCN/RAN and JMSDF

As it stands i doubt they could win any naval engagement with the JMSDF, Japans surface fleet is second only to the US. So yea, whoever made that video shows great signs of delusions of grandeur.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2015
Looks like this is there latest tactic to restor back confidence to there followers

Heavily armed militants with Al shabaab attacked KDF base located at a key entry point to Bardere city with rocket propelled grenades (RPGs) and machine-guns, facing a stern resistance, an official said Wednesday.

Mohamed Abdi Kalil, the current managing governor of Gedo region, south-west Somalia has confirmed to Garsoor Online that the that the Kenyan military base located 30km from Bardere town came under attack by the militants on Tuesday night.

“Al shabaab stormed the KDF base on the outskirts of Bardere town after ambush attack, but they have been repulsed and drove back during the confrontation which left 2 militants dead,” Mr Kaliil added.

The Governor has added that the Kenyan soldiers have managed to capturing three other militants alive following the attack near Bardere, a key town in Gedo region which was captured by Somali and AMISOM troops last week from Al shabaab.
http://garsoornews.com/?p=11203

unrelated pic: SOF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2015
frumentius:
Around the time of the Umbani/Al-Tariq demonstration, someone here claimed the SAAF Hawk can't carry air-to-air missiles and would be shot down before launching the glide bombs.

Note the date on this pic.

That is not an SAAF Hawk jet in year 2000, the SAAF received their first Hawk in 2006, and they can only carry A-Darter air to air missile which will enter service in 2016. So whoever made that claim you mentioned, is actually correct.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2015
KDF Commander makes surprise visits to troops in Somalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRrCmokatNw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2015
denisfidha:
Looks like this is there latest tactic to restor back confidence to there followers

unrelated pic: SOF
we need to change our tactics to search and destroy (body count),the only reason alshabaab left Mogadishu is when uganda changed tactic after training and consultation from PMC in fighting in build up areas,thus causing alshabaab to suffer such a high death toll to the point they choose to leave Mogadishu.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
agaugust:

That is not an SAAF Hawk jet in year 2000, the SAAF received their first Hawk in 2006, and they can only carry A-Darter air to air missile which will enter service in 2016. So whoever made that claim you mentioned, is actually correct.
False!

The Hawks can be armed with different air to air and air to ground missiles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 9:47pm On Sep 05, 2015
gottfried21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtzgE9mJD8
*Unrelated* A Chinese video game software company called Tencent recently released a war simulation video(with the approval of the PLA)...Looks pretty interesting and just thought I'd share it....The Chinese forces appear to be engaging The US and Japan...

Awesome Visuals! I'll give it that.

But its extremely one sided.

It just shows the PLA attacking a vegitated force.
Its almost like playing Chess but without your opponent being able to make any moves.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 05, 2015
which company makes bullets for nigeria armed forces and which for the south africa national defense forces ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2015
MikeCZAR:
False!

The Hawks can be armed with different air to air and air to ground missiles.
i believe south africa uses the NATO standard
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
africaken:
we need to change our tactics to search and destroy (body count),the only reason alshabaab left Mogadishu is when uganda changed tactic after training and consultation from PMC in fighting in build up areas,thus causing alshabaab to suffer such a high death toll to the point they choose to leave Mogadishu.
and then they come back with suicide missions.

there was a time I was wondering how the missions in Somali works exactly. are they just after territory or are they after terrorists , they should be ambushing terrorists and hunting them, when kdf/Amisom attack a town, they should wait for alshab to escape in one direction away from civilians, then wait for them on the other side and finish them off.
then there should be a special force team whose mission is solely to gather intelligence and hunt down high value targets (search and destroy)..

but I guess that kind of tactics would require a larger force in Somalia , and a lot of technology to engage from different location for it to effectively work ... we should probably focus on making SNA stronger and bigger.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2015
africaken:
which company makes bullets for nigeria armed forces and which for the south africa national defense forces ?

DICON makes bullets and Ammo for the Nigerian military.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
denisfidha:
and then they come back with suicide missions.

there was a time I was wondering how the missions in Somali works exactly. are they just after territory or are they after terrorists , they should be ambushing terrorists and hunting them, when kdf/Amisom attack a town, they should wait for alshab to escape in one direction away from civilians, then wait for them on the other side and finish them off.
then there should be a special force team whose mission is solely to gather intelligence and hunt down high value targets (search and destroy)..

but I guess that kind of tactics would require a larger force in Somalia , and a lot of technology to engage from different location for it to effectively work ... we should probably focus on making SNA stronger and bigger.
the problem is poor leadership ,our higher ranking officers even after making terrible blunders are never held accountable.even after 2006 lebanon war which most israeli considered as a disastrous some high ranking officers were forced to resign and this are officer with exceptional careers history but in kenya its the opposite,we had an operation to disarm turkana and samburu which only recovered three assault rifles and this was a join operarion between police and army inside kenya.now they want to flush out alshabaab from boni forest! the recent alshabaab attempt to overrun a KDF camp just shows we are just defensive not offence against alshabaab.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2015
Henry120:

DICON makes bullets and Ammo for the Nigerian military.
do they export like bashir who is flooding africa with his ammo from rebels,terrorist to poachers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2015
gottfried21:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULtzgE9mJD8
*Unrelated* A Chinese video game software company called Tencent recently released a war simulation video(with the approval of the PLA)...Looks pretty interesting and just thought I'd share it....The Chinese forces appear to be engaging The US and Japan...

I thoroughly enjoyed the video. Very un-realistic, but still very enjoyable. Seeing the J-10Bs were particularly Interesting. Beautiful nationalistic video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 05, 2015
africaken:
do they export like bashir who is flooding africa with his ammo from rebels,terrorist to poachers

They do not. DICON only supplies to the military and other armed services.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2015
Henry120:

They do not. DICON only supplies to the military and other armed services.
basically nobody meaning African is supplying 7.62x39 and 7.62x54 in Africa like sudan they supply even militarizes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 06, 2015
Nigerian navy Shaldag Mk II:

Full displacement:
56 tons

Standard displacement:
50 tons

Length:
24.8 m.

Beam:
6 m.

Draft:
1.2 m.

Main propulsion:

2 Deutz/MWM TBO 604 BV16 diesels or
MTU 12V 396 TE diesels with Ka Me Wa water-jets or /
2×2,500 hp(m) (3.68 MW) with  / 2 LIPS water-jets

Speed:
48 Knots

Range at 16 kt:
850 nm

Range at 32 kt:
650 nm

Complement:

Fuel capacity:
10 tons

Payload:
6 tons

Guns:
2 x 2 RWS gun station,
1×20 mm gun,
2 0.5 mm machine—gun pedestals.

Radar:
Surface search MD 3220 Mk-II I band

Observation/targeting:
multi-sensor stabilized electro-optical director

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:53am On Sep 06, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian navy Shaldag Mk II:

Full displacement:
56 tons

Standard displacement:
50 tons

Length:
24.8 m.

Beam:
6 m.

Draft:
1.2 m.

Main propulsion:

2 Deutz/MWM TBO 604 BV16 diesels or
MTU 12V 396 TE diesels with Ka Me Wa water-jets or /
2×2,500 hp(m) (3.68 MW) with  / 2 LIPS water-jets

Speed:
48 Knots

Range at 16 kt:
850 nm

Range at 32 kt:
650 nm

Complement:

Fuel capacity:
10 tons

Payload:
6 tons

Guns:
1xTyphoon stabilized gun station,
1×20 mm gun,
2 0.5 mm machine—gun pedestals.

Radar:
Surface search MD 3220 Mk-II I band

Observation/targeting:
multi-sensor stabilized electro-optical director

Judging by your pictures you didnt go for the Typhoon RCS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 06, 2015
patches689:

Judging by your pictures you didnt go for the Typhoon RCS

The photos show the MK 1, however, if you look closer, the first photo is an MK II.

We operate both the MK I and II.

Here is the MK II with an RCS.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 06, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Army Desert terrain light skin truck armed with a 12.7mm HMG.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2015
Henry120:

The photos show the MK 1, however, if you look closer, the first photo is an MK II.

We operate both the MK I and II.

Here is the MK II with an RCS.

Not trying to start a fight

But that isnt a Typhoon RWS either

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2015
patches689:

Not trying to start a fight

But that isnt a Typhoon RWS either

Point taken and original post edited to reflect change. Nigerian Navy Shaldag carry 2 x 2 20mm Remote weapon control station.

I'll have to do a search later on to get the name of NN Shaldag RCS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Namibian armed forces went to go explain themselves to Parliament(People are really pi*ssed of the high Defence Budget year in year out)
Pic 1: Uniforms of the Namibian Navy smiley smiley(Can some1 help I.D the rifle to the right)
Pic 2: Namibian Air Force Group Captain presenting

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2015
africaken:
Rheinmetall Denel
Munition and Denel PMP.

There are some other small companies.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2015
africaken:
i believe south africa uses the NATO standard
Closely based on NATO standards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.