Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2425) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5973958 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanees: 3:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
I swear Toyota have made more money from selling pickups alone than most APC/MRAP manufacturers grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
I like the fact the South-African army armed their pickup trucks with 50 calibre HMGs, and they also went for the landcruiser version.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ibrahimanees:
I swear Toyota have made more money from selling pickups alone than most APC/MRAP manufacturers grin
you swear? My bru it's a fact grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ibrahimanees:

grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
kabe1:
I like the fact the South-African army armed their pickup trucks with 50 calibre HMGs, and they also went for the landcruiser version.

Last pic the plants in the bottom of the pic is it used as food ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

It resembles cocoyam, the leaf is edible as vegetable and the corm is also edible as a tuber but you never can be too sure.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

Yes, that's definitely food.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2021
Ibrahimanees:

grin grin grin wallahi
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
Whyem15:

It resembles cocoyam, the leaf is edible as vegetable and the corm is also edible as a tuber but you never can be too sure.

kabe1:

Yes, that's definitely food.

I asked bec I have eaten it , leaf , overground roots and tuber ( used as food in a certain region back home where it grows in wild )

As far as I can remember , one needs to careful bec the tuberous roots of certain varities of it causes itchy sensation in throat when eaten grin

Didn't know it is eaten elsewhere also

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nemesis4you:

I asked bec I have eaten it , leaf , overground roots and tuber ( used as food in a certain region back home where it grows in wild )

As far as I can remember , one needs to careful bec the tuberous roots of certain varities of it causes itchy sensation in throat when eaten grin

Didn't know it is eaten elsewhere also

We are not so different after all.

It used to be widely eaten in Nigeria in the early from the early 2000's and downwards, nowadays, not so much.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
2nd Battalion (2 RIFLES) of the British army at Archer's post-Kenya during the recently concluded exercise Askari storm 2021.
Notice the camoflage

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
kdf soldiers during askari storm 2021

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2021
Nyati barracks .Nanyuki kenya

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2021
sukhoi 30 MKA Algerian Af

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2021
Senegalese SF

U.S. and Senegalese special operations forces concluded two military exchange training events Nov. 19, 2021, in Dakar, #Senegal.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 11:25am On Nov 20, 2021
Tunisian SF

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 11:33am On Nov 20, 2021
Aero L-39 [Albatros] algerian AF

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nigerian domestically built 45m Seaward Defence Boat 3 ready for launch.

13 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
kabe1:
Hurrah! Hurrah!!
SDB4 The dock is yours.!!!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
kabe1:
Clean kiss

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
dragon2:

Hurrah! Hurrah!!
SDB4 The dock is yours.!!!

SDB4 should be 60 meters at least.

Then we standardized on 8 vessels, 3 x 45m SDB 3 and 5 x 60m SDB 4.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 10:25pm On Nov 20, 2021
kabe1:

Smooth finishing

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sizzorkay: 1:33am On Nov 21, 2021
Have you been there and did a head count of how many of them are in there? or you just pulled that figure out of the sky

salamudeen:
I was called to fix a desktop at a NAFBASE here in our area .

I saw like 6 - 10 white guys working and Maintaining some A29s

I can count up to 12 A29s Abi Na my eye. Some pics sha

Though the pilots are undergoing training here 24-7

The funny thing we have a national park here reserved but herdsmen have taken over it with more than 5000 of them in dat Bush..

Why can't try take the training to their doorstep.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by salamudeen(m): 2:16am On Nov 21, 2021
undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2021
Nigerian Navy Landing Ship Tank (LST).

Possible second order for another LST from Damen in the works

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 8:50am On Nov 21, 2021
salamudeen:

That's the town I lived all my life.

And both the two COs I work for them...

The Hanger unit? TFTW unit? Armament? Just name any unit I have worked for them..

The system I even worked on was used for live reporting of the A29s it was connected 24/7...

I no need argue come to NAF BASE Kainji..

My friend, you are supposed to understand that not all information should be released on social media.
Let us be mature and professional in all our dealings. Some info are classified. Please stop abusing your security clearance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by salamudeen(m): 8:58am On Nov 21, 2021
RiceProducers:

My friend, you are supposed to understand that not all information should be released on social media.
Let us be mature and professional in all our dealings. Some info are classified. Please stop abusing your security clearance.

Edit and remove my post pls
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:52am On Nov 21, 2021
salamudeen:
I was called to fix a desktop at a NAFBASE here in our area .

I saw like 6 - 10 white guys working and Maintaining some A29s

I can count up to 12 A29s Abi Na my eye. Some pics sha

Though the pilots are undergoing training here 24-7

The funny thing we have a national park here reserved but herdsmen have taken over it with more than 5000 of them in dat Bush..

Why can't try take the training to their doorstep.
USAF personnel and contractors
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:55am On Nov 21, 2021
RiceProducers:

Nothing there is classified info. More detailed info is even on the web. Stop abusing Military secrecy pls. Too much of it brings government distrust and fans conspiracy theories.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
kabe1:
Nigerian Navy Landing Ship Tank (LST).

Possible second order for another LST from Damen in the works
Speedy construction or its just me?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
Personally, I don't want the Nigerian-U.S deal for the Cobras to go through. Honestly, I don't like the fact that our technicians will be left out of the maintenance procedures of the platforms. Instead, we should get the Mi 28ne and if possible, the Ka 52.

The U.S ain't just it. They don't act like partners.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) (2426) (2427) (2428) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.