Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5973038 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Apologies to my fellow countrymen. I'm not the type that enjoys getting in mud fights with barbarians.
It is so tiring and stupid when you have those kinda conversations.
Nevertheless, my point was proven. You all know the point. They're full of shiit
wink
lol another self esteem warrior grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:18am On Apr 17, 2022
kabe1:

Commercially available GPS, what's wrong with that? It's easily replaceable, how's that a bad thing?

It's so uncomfortable. Paying nearly 1 billion dollars and not getting the hellfire missiles is kinda "not cool". Nevertheless, seems the Turkish UTMAS missile is compatible with the choppers. It can be purchased if the US hellfire missiles are unavailable to us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

It's so uncomfortable. Paying nearly 1 billion dollars and not getting the hellfire missiles is kinda "not cool". Nevertheless, seems the Turkish UTMAS missile is compatible with the choppers. It can be purchased if the US hellfire missiles are unavailable to us.

The APKWS can defeat Tanks. While the Hellfire is an important asset, the APKWS is a far better option for Nigeria.

I don't think the US will allow Nigeria to install a Turkish ATGM on the AH-1Z.

We will be able to get the Hellfire missile if the need for it arises.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:35am On Apr 17, 2022

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 8:51am On Apr 17, 2022
davefurn:

Well, from what you typed; you accepted the facts that this is a proxy war. Lets keep watching, then us isn't a failing a power for not taking vietnam or afghanistan then even with their air superiority. Or I forgot they joined together with NATO (30 countries) but still failed. What do we now call them?.... Failures?? grin wink........... Am not justifying any war but don't judge on emotions and CNN; Taking back kherson, they have been shouting that since March but now mid-april everyone is quiet.... Us and nato are not failures, they spend trillions of dollars on military but still fumbled in afghanistan without even a single sanction; nahhhh they aren't failures, having almost 10x the military budget of Russia....... Ukraine is winning, yhhhhh but they have been receiving billions of dollars worth of training since 2014 by us but they should have claimed victory by now(I forgot all their military assets were destroyed, they have to beg for new weapons); this is their territory, why is a downtrodden country like russia sponsoring their rebels and still kicking asses......... No one is perfect but all is fair in a war. Whoever wins is okayyy but I still feel for the poor ukraine; they're about that learn nothing is free from a capitalist economy..... Wait, that's not all pentagon is claiming their anti-tank weapons in their inventory are almost finished(haven't confirmed the source though, treat it as bogus)

İ am talking about Ukraine, you 'və run again to the US. The US is what it is. Everything you are seeing is about the courage, heart, fiestiness and military operational technology of the Ukrainian. If you have inferiority complex for the US, you will miss the importance of these qualities that I hope Nigerians imbibe.
US has backed many losing sides before in Cuba, S. East Asia etc but Israel and Ukraine are exceptions and it is the will and quality of the people.

On the other side Is Russia; over hyped, dependent on oil and gas, weak, un agile and cursed with a corrupt nepotistic military

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:06am On Apr 17, 2022
jl115:
nope, UCAVs are just battlefield UAVs they can be armed or unarmed.....and he was wrong wink so your point is irrelevant
It's Easter morning. Don't rise up to tomfoolery
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 9:23am On Apr 17, 2022
RiceProducers:

İ am talking about Ukraine, you 'və run again to the US. The US is what it is. Everything you are seeing is about the courage, heart, fiestiness and military operational technology of the Ukrainian. If you have inferiority complex for the US, you will miss the importance of these qualities that I hope Nigerians imbibe.
US has backed many losing sides before in Cuba, S. East Asia etc but Israel and Ukraine are exceptions and it is the will and quality of the people.

On the other side Is Russia; over hyped, dependent on oil and gas, weak, un agile and cursed with a corrupt nepotistic military
Ukraine shocked shocked....... Seems you haven't heard the story of Givi and Motorola, browse about them(though I don't justify their handling of pows), when ukraine wanted to exhibit some tribal cleansing but lost woefully (well , we're still waiting for ghost of sparta) grin grin....... Another spun off western propaganda; can't keep arguing, lets just wait for the results. So we can get accurate news........ Can drop some western journalist twitter accounts who are unbiased in their news and are on ground(that's d few ones they haven't banned yet)...... Russia isn't d holiest country, never said that wink. On israel matter, well it's to sentimental due to religious views; let's leave that for now. Lets see how ukraine goes, we are all watching. At the end we argue with facts when the air is cleared off

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2022
Odunayaw:
It's Easter morning. Don't rise up to tomfoolery
do you want more proof:

"Wing Loong (Yilong / Pterodactyl) is a medium-altitude, long-endurance (MALE), unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)"

So is the Wing Loong not a UCAV? since apparently they are entirely different to UAVs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2022
tongue Don't feed the troll.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:08am On Apr 17, 2022
Compilation of Russian Orion UCAV strikes in Ukraine.

UCAVs are used to devastating effects by both sides in the war in Ukraine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSR7SEF8WQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
tongue Don't feed the troll.
oh the irony grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
kabe1:

The Akinci is a far more advanced version, one of the best UCAVs in the market.

This has officially confirmed Nigeria as the UCAV giant of Africa.
Butthurt jl115:
jl115:
.... Yeah naaahhh......Egypt, Algeria and even SA have large fleets of drones
Corrected for foolishness:
Lurker4Long:

You missed the part where he said "UCAV".
Takes off into delusion;
jl115:
well if Nigeria has a "large" fleet by Nigerian definition then SA has as well...
Philanthropic education;
Lurker4Long:

There are 2 versions of the Seeker 400. The unarmed version which we ordered, and the Seeker 400 Syper, armed with 4 Impi-s.

As Kabe's post was about UCAV, that is, armed, no SANDF doesn't have.
Lurker4Long:

The SANDF opted not to order the armed version of the Seeker, which Denel sold to the UAE and Saudi. So no, we do not have UCAVs.
Comrade falls into depression and delusion:
jl115:
he said Nigeria is the Giant of Africa in terms of UCAVs.... I said"yeah nahh... Egypt, Algeria and South Africa have large fleets as well"
Large fleets of what?
jl115; uhhh, uhh...
jl115:
"unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV), also known as a combat drone, colloquially shortened as drone or battlefield UAV, is an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV)"
. wink
Large fleet of UCAVs or UAVs?
The twattock;
jl115:
nope, UCAVs are just battlefield UAVs they can be armed or unarmed..
So SA has a UAV that can be changed to UCAVs. How many do you have?
jl115:
here:

"Denel Dynamics has been reluctant to comment on who exactly the local client is or how many have been ordered, but the order is most likely for four to six systems."
How many does Nigeria have?
jl115:
let me tell you amyway.... In total you have ordered 13.....several have been shot down(common since its just a drone)..... Hence you probably have not more than 10 in service
Called BS
kabe1:

Minimum of 15 UCAVs including -
well..
jl115:
guess I was wrong by a couple wink
So who has more UCAVs now?
jl115:
... white noise . Well you are not giants.. excretes excretes

grin I guess jl115 cheated to gain his degree. There's no other explanation

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanees: 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Odunayaw:

Butthurt jl115:

Takes off into delusion;

Philanthropic education;

Large fleets of what?

The twattock;

Called BS

well..

This worthy of a Pulitzer ��

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Seems the Egyptians will need your advice on mixing up a fleet lol.

I know you're Pro-American. You believe that Uncle Sam is always right. You believe yall the good guys but I tell you what, Have you ever seen Russia and China interfering in the internal politics of a country uninvited??
E.g. The Syrians invited the Russians, who invited America?
These are some of the things people weigh.

Look at the terms we was given when trying to purchase the A 29s initially. The Americans didn't want to share deep technical knowledge with us. Does Russia apply all those terms?

Look at Pakistan. How the Americans always come to check out the F16s. Did China give Pakistan those terms and conditions for the J10?
Look, the Americans don't see us as equal partners especially us in the developing world. They see us as "kids".

When you say Russian equipment are economic sanction prone, I hope you meant prone to American sanctions cos Putin isn't the one known to sanction people and will you like to explain what you meant by Putin being controlling?

You're a funny dude for saying American equipment is economic sanctions free.
You're literally saying "Buy American equipment or get sanctioned by us for not buying ours". Even when you buy, they sanction your country if the politics in your country is not going in their favour.
I'll only address two things.

First. The US has never been involved in the Syrian civil war. Only Russia has. The US SOCOM fought alongside the YPG and SDF against ISIL. Air support was provided. Weapons and equipments fully funded. This was a major flashpoint with Turkey because an attempted coup happened after that. That was the reason why Erdogan blamed the US. SDF is rebellious to Turkey but the US intended to use than and fight ISIS.

The only major direct action ever taken against Syria was the 2016 missiles strikes on some bases in response to deployment ofchemical weapons contravening the Chemical Weapons Convention which Syria is signatory to.

Russia's involvement in the Syria war has been shady. At some points they backed the YPG too. Let me implore you, study the Syrian civil war. It is a complex conflict that you might not understand in a day.

Secondly, I hate polarized thinking. I don't like people who think black and white. All or none. In many areas, truth is relative and you must view things from all angles.

There as many things I didn't approve of. Iraqi freedom was an overstep. Desert Storm had already achieved the aim of driving Iraq out of Kuwait where they invaded. It was supposed to end there. But strong grudges and animosity led to an invasion.

The killing of Suleiman and the bombing have a lot of grey areas I won't go into now. As for Russo-Ukraine. All the trash talked about the Donbass regions were not the reason for the war. Before the war, Putin was making demands from NATO. These are demands that have nothing to do with Donbass.

Things begin to go south and suddenly its all about the Donbass, PR efforts are ramped up to show atrocities. Whether the atrocities happened or not, it was never a reason for the initial invasion.

As for my US support, I'm a Biden supporter. I support his policy of Limiting international engagements to counter terror operations and bringing back the defense of Human rights as primary foreign policy. So it will be foolish of you to think of America as a uniform color since the 1800s. This is Biden's administration.

So don't call me pro America. Call me a supporter of a post modern world free of polarized bias.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenOris: 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
x
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Nigerian Navy Ship, Landing Ship Tank, Kada visits Mombasa, Kenya.

Next port of call, Simmons Town, South-Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YEMkh3ncls

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ibrahimanees:

This worthy of a Pulitzer ��
Long time bro! cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Odunayaw:

Butthurt jl115:

Takes off into delusion;

Philanthropic education;

Large fleets of what?

The twattock;

Called BS

well..

UCAVs are UAVs and UCAVs are not necessarily armed... If this concept can get through to you then 80% of the above would make more sense to you.....2. Our Seeker 400s were never sold to UAE as Lurker4Long suggested, ours were delivered in 2015 as proven by ceveral citations, the Seeker 400 is modular and can be armed as stated by Denel themselves and the link was posted here by self....

3. Large fleets of UAVs

4. a UCAV is a UAV..understand that fact and you will have your answers

5. Nigeria has more "Armed" UCAVs... Not something I denied, however I doubt it has more UCAVs in total than SA, however I stated that this can not be verified.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
jl115:

UCAVs are UAVs and UCAVs are not necessarily armed... If this concept can get through to you then 80% of the above would make more sense to you.....2. Our Seeker 400s were never sold to UAE as Lurker4Long suggested, ours were delivered in 2015 as proven by ceveral citations, the Seeker 400 is

You are delusional. Damn!!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ukrainian and Russian servicemen looting washing machines. grin grin

Picture shows, Ukrainian soldiers looting washing machines from a store.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
jl115:

2. Our Seeker 400s were never sold to UAE as Lurker4Long suggested...
There are 2 operators of the armed Seeker: UAE and Saudi Arabia.
SANDF and Algeria operate unarmed Seekers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
Lurker4Long:

There are 2 operators of the armed Seeker: UAE and Saudi Arabia.
SANDF and Algeria operate unarmed Seekers.
Algeria operate seeker 2s not Seeker 400s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
kabe1:

I guess so is every arms manufacturer that call there UAVs... UAVs and not UCAVs....Denel,General Dynamics, Paramount, Chengdu... All delusional
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
jl115:

5. Nigeria has more "Armed" UCAVs... Not something I denied, however I doubt it has more UCAVs in total than SA, however I stated that this can not be verified.
If this cannot be verified, then where are you getting the ideas from... Seriously
So you doubt only to satisfy your inner peace..
It just a feeling that u have, you cannot even verify it, then what are you even writing
Pls do away with such an archaic and inferiority complex feeling that S A must be better than Nigeria in everything.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
kabe1:
Ukrainian and Russian servicemen looting washing machines. grin grin

Picture shows, Ukrainian soldiers looting washing machines from a store.
They need to keep those uniforms clean, smiley

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
kabe1:

He is trolling his own self
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Faithful007:
I'll only address two things.

ok

can u answer this ?

Why is US still running directly (or if u please indirectly ) oil wells under its area (or if you please under area of its proxies) in Syria and sending out Syrian oil back home to USA ?

How would you describe it ? there is only possible 2 explanation , pick the one you want or both grin

1. International level barefaced thievery forced on a sovereign nation weaken by West militarily and by arming and supporting secessionists/radicals ?
or
2. International level taxation bullied on a sovereign nation weakened and almost destroyed by West militarily and by arming and supporting secessionists/radicals, to recover costs incurred on its war (or if you please humanitarian intervention ) in Syria ?

lets see how u spin this grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN NAVY SHIP KADA MAKES HISTORY AS THE FIRST NIGERIAN WARSHIP TO VISIT MOMBASA PORT KENYA ON SATURDAY 16 APRIL 2022

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Faithful007:

As for my US support, I'm a Biden supporter. i supporter of a post modern world free of polarized bias.

Bro take a look

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeidiBriones/status/1515070325700005890

grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
GeneralFarouq:

If this cannot be verified, then where are you getting the ideas from... Seriously
So you doubt only to satisfy your inner peace..
It just a feeling that u have, you cannot even verify it, then what are you even writing
Pls do away with such an archaic and inferiority complex feeling that S A must be better than Nigeria in everything.
the fact that we spent $8 million a year over the past 3 years on uav procurement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Odunayaw:
He is trolling his own self
no I'm educating the masses on this thread wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:21pm On Apr 17, 2022
jl115:
no I'm educating the masses on this thread wink
Pollution

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2498) (2499) (2500) (2501) (2502) (2503) (2504) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.