Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962338 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) (2521) (2522) (2523) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn1: 11:28pm On May 08, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Go back to the "Foreign Affairs" section.
Thanks grin, truly grateful
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:39pm On May 08, 2022
Nigeria’s New LST Leaves SA To Continue Maiden Voyage Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GylMCP4xX_w

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 12:00am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:
Nigeria has purchased an unspecified number of Songar armed UAV from Asisguard ��.
In an interview Mustafa Barış Düzgün, the general manager of Asisguard confirmed the sale to an undisclosed African country.
Is this the drone Nigeria government purchased from Turkey?
I taught it's TB2 ..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 12:02am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:
Nigeria’s New LST Leaves SA To Continue Maiden Voyage Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GylMCP4xX_w

Sorry but is this the ship that is to be equipped with mistral missile?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:05am On May 09, 2022
Balogunodua:

Is this the drone Nigeria government purchased from Turkey?
I taught it's TB2 ..

This is the UCAV Nigeria is buying from Turkey.

Although I suspect FG might add a number of TB-2 UCAVs also.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:07am On May 09, 2022
Balogunodua:

Sorry but is this the ship that is to be equipped with mistral missile?

No, this is the ship that would be armed with Mistral missiles.

2 units of these.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 12:11am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:

2 units of these.
OK! thanks.
But are they still under construction ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 12:11am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:

2 units of these.
OK! thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 12:12am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:

This is the UCAV Nigeria is buying from Turkey.
Although I suspect FG might add a number of TB-2 UCAVs also.
OK! thanks sir.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:21am On May 09, 2022
Balogunodua:

OK! thanks.

Yes, still being built.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:33am On May 09, 2022
The Financial Times on why the great democracies of the Global South, both G20 members, India and South Africa, have consistently abstained at the UN and maintained a neutral stance.
Ukraine and the global south - https://on.ft.com/3FeBm89 via @FT
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2022
Buschlaid:

This is not true at all, even Wagner himself admitted the Mi-8AMTSh was Russian and was destroyed by Ukrainian TB-2.
Why the hell would Ukrainians shoot down their own Mi-8 on island that was occupied by Russia?
Link: https://twitter.com/NotWoofers/status/1523265429531410432?s=20&t=_rUdwEvWRB5USQK6H_JZKA

There is even video of the Mi-8AMTSh flying to Snake Island: https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1523321956786917376?s=20&t=_rUdwEvWRB5USQK6H_JZKA

Besides, didn't Russia claim that Ukrainian Air Force was destroyed in the first days of war?
This is 2nd month into this war and yesterday I saw a ton of videos of Ukrainian jets and airplanes, but the helicopter on Snake Island clearly wasn't Ukrainian.

That helicopter was Ukrainian with Ukrainian paratroopers, not Russian. Even the landing spot clearly gave it away. Instead of using the existing helipad close to the buildings, the helicopter landed at the far end of the Island with an assault force. Too bad it got blown up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:37am On May 09, 2022
Because my company's clients do a great deal of business in Nigeria, Ghana and the greater ECOWAS region, I consume a lot of Nigerian and west African media content.
I have not come across any official explanation of why specifically the Nigerian government voted with the West twice at the UN on Russia's aggression against Ukraine, and then abstained on the 3rd instance. I have my own hypothesis, which rightly, can change depending on more information coming to light. I shall therefore, refrain from putting my perspective forward, lest it contaminate this query.

So, from the Nigerians here, why do you think your government adopted the stance it did? Why, with all the knowledgeable facts did they vote the way they did on those 3 occasions? Why can't I find any public explanation of their shifting stance? Last, in the absence of opinion survey data, what is your sense of public opinion on the issue?

Odunayaw, kabe1, davefurn1, lionel4power, toju200, shadowprimezero, supersixseven, mekussa, xbee007, sczeska, naijasauce69, iblawi and anyone else I might have neglected.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 8:17am On May 09, 2022
ocelot2006:

That helicopter was Ukrainian with Ukrainian paratroopers, not Russian. Even the landing spot clearly gave it away. Instead of using the existing helipad close to the buildings, the helicopter landed at the far end of the Island with an assault force. Too bad it got blown up.

Your right, it was a Ukrainian, friendly fire from a drone
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Balogunodua(m): 8:21am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:

Yes, still being built.
OK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:24am On May 09, 2022
The Kenyan Army 40th Ranger Strike Force (RSF). The Group that has changed the face of Warfare in almost all the current active military operations. Modelled after & trained by the U.S 75th Ranger Regiment.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:38am On May 09, 2022
NTSA:
The Kenyan Army 40th Ranger Strike Force (RSF). The Group that has changed the face of Warfare in almost all the current active military operations. Modelled after & trained by the U.S 75th Ranger Regiment.
More

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 8:46am On May 09, 2022
News articles like this should be a warning to Africa

FT: EU should seize Russian reserves to rebuild Ukraine, top diplomat says​
Josep Borrell tells FT he wants a discussion about methods of ensuring ‘war compensations’ from Russia
EU capitals should consider seizing frozen Russian foreign exchange reserves to help pay for the cost of rebuilding Ukraine after the war, the bloc’s top diplomat has said, as the west debates how to force Moscow to pay for some of the damage the conflict has caused.
Josep Borrell, the EU’s high representative for foreign policy, said the US had taken control of billions of dollars’ worth of assets belonging to the Afghan central bank, in part to potentially compensate victims of terrorism as well as for humanitarian aid for the country, and that it would be logical to consider similar steps with Russia’s reserves.
“I would be very much in favour because it is full of logic,” said Borrell in an interview with the Financial Times. “We have the money in our pockets, and someone has to explain to me why it is good for the Afghan money and not good for the Russian money.”

Africa has no nuclear weapons so if they would not even think twice

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:59am On May 09, 2022
Subsaharan:

Thanks for your response Sir, It was a very interesting read.

Racial discrimination is still stark in Mauritania.

Recently experienced by a Nigerian biker on his way through the Sahara from London to Lagos

https://twitter.com/lionheart1759/status/1521396274955943936?t=6Bc3TZ0SgFNWPLLXbOogNg&s=19

it's really sad.

There's a historical schizophrenia at play with racism especially acute with Arabs. The entire ME from the southern tip of Yemen to N Turkey incl NA and all the lands in between were an extension of Africa. People automatically assume the Blacks they see are products of the slave trade:no,they were always there! Nasser blew the lid on the history swindle stating the true Isrealites were Africans.Look at the Yemeni Jews,many of whom are still around,btw. Here's a vid on todays black Saudis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDFbX7fDGWo
He has a channel on the diaspora that's worth looking at.
That's Abdul Rahman bin Faisal al Saud in the the late 1890s or early 1900s,GGG Grandfather of that nigga who sparked off the Yemeni misadventure that may dismantle the House of Saud. WTF happened!? Assimilation,population shift,genocide or gentle gradual loss of traditional hiererachy? Mainly the latter via slave kitkat! A lot of them were imported from the Balkans and E Europe from the medieval era til the 1800s by Jewish slavers.
I've had 2 reliable people who've stayed in Saudi and they both informed me there's still the original branch of Abdul Rahman bin Faisal al Saud living-numbering in their thousands Saudis know them as the TRUE ROYALS,though they're eclipsed by the Palefaces presented by the media. They live splendidly but not on the level of the fake Royal Saudis and are shut out from all and any politics.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2022
Buschlaid:
DRC PTS-M Amphibious transport vehicle - first time I see these in Africa (not counting Egypt that still has them and ZIPRA). Vehicles like this are, in my opinion, must have given that some African countries have a lot of very wide rivers and shortage of bridges that could very well be damage in operations/conflicts.

True,but Africa osuth of the West and Centre is surprisingly dry. Kenya is actually 89% desert and semi desert. We and Bots' have few rivers though we have a long coastline and did an amphib op to capture Kismayu in 2012 from Al Shabab.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 9:16am On May 09, 2022
kabe1:
Nigeria has purchased an unspecified number of Songar armed UAV from Asisguard ��.
In an interview Mustafa Barış Düzgün, the general manager of Asisguard confirmed the sale to an undisclosed African country.

Good news! why not the battle proven Bayraktar TB series though?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn1: 9:19am On May 09, 2022
Lurker4Long:
Because my company's clients do a great deal of business in Nigeria, Ghana and the greater ECOWAS region, I consume a lot of Nigerian and west African media content.
I have not come across any official explanation of why specifically the Nigerian government voted with the West twice at the UN on Russia's aggression against Ukraine, and then abstained on the 3rd instance. I have my own hypothesis, which rightly, can change depending on more information coming to light. I shall therefore, refrain from putting my perspective forward, lest it contaminate this query.

So, from the Nigerians here, why do you think your government adopted the stance it did? Why, with all the knowledgeable facts did they vote the way they did on those 3 occasions? Why can't I find any public explanation of their shifting stance? Last, in the absence of opinion survey data, what is your sense of public opinion on the issue?

Odunayaw, kabe1, davefurn1, lionel4power, toju200, shadowprimezero, supersixseven, mekussa, xbee007, sczeska, naijasauce69, iblawi and anyone else I might have neglected.
Concerning that, Nigeria just decided to play their international politics well; heard the Nigerian army led a delegation to the Russian embassy recently. Nigeria is now trying its best to play neutral but nevertheless US have been very helpful in their humanitarian efforts in north-east. On my take on the snake island and lose of mi-8 controversy; too many confusing statement but I will drop this: the former commander of the 10th Naval Aviation Brigade of the Ukrainian Navy, Colonel Igor Bedzai according to some ukrainian sources.
Modified: according to them, he was among the very best pilots they had.

https://ukrainetoday.org/2022/05/08/one-of-the-best-pilots-of-ukraine-died-in-a-battle-with-enemies/

According to them, he died on the May 7th on the day of the snake island raid; let's not jump to conclusions yet.
It's from this little pieces of information we can atleast get an idea of what is going on in ukraine presently despite the fog of war and propaganda from both sides. Posted a pic of the Russian mod on the snake island situation

Concerning the tb2, I have been forced to ask myself between the tb2 and the orlan 10 UCAV which have been more effective in this war. Let's forget about those switchblades and suicide drones that the US hyped that even the propaganda video of it was somehow a failure

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1522573394855743488?t=UyWBaI3Yisxro9fXRgGjqw&s=19

Haven't seen any videos of the american tanks yet, maybe in the coming days we will see it.

Lastly, seems british newest brimstone missiles are kinda faulty.
Note: I posted mostly sources tilted towards the Ukrainian side of the propaganda.

PS: the videos going round on the media of dead Ukrainians soldiers in trenches, is very appalling and left to rot

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:59am On May 09, 2022
DaddyGoo:

Good news! why not the battle proven Bayraktar TB series though?

This purchase is different from the purchase of Akinci UCAVs.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:00am On May 09, 2022
davefurn1:

Concerning that, Nigeria just decided to play their international politics well; heard the Nigerian army led a delegation to the Russian embassy recently. Nigeria is now trying its best to play neutral but nevertheless US have been very helpful in their humanitarian efforts in north-east. On my take on the snake island and lose of mi-8 controversy; too many confusing statement but I will drop this: the former commander of the 10th Naval Aviation Brigade of the Ukrainian Navy, Colonel Igor Bedzai according to some ukrainian sources.
Modified: according to them, he was among the very best pilots they had.

https://ukrainetoday.org/2022/05/08/one-of-the-best-pilots-of-ukraine-died-in-a-battle-with-enemies/

According to them, he died on the May 7th on the day of the snake island raid; let's not jump to conclusions yet.
It's from this little pieces of information we can atleast get an idea of what is going on in ukraine presently despite the fog of war and propaganda from both sides. Posted a pic of the Russian mod on the snake island situation

Concerning the tb2, I have been forced to ask myself between the tb2 and the orlan 10 UCAV which have been more effective in this war. Let's forget about those switchblades and suicide drones that the US hyped that even the propaganda video of it was somehow a failure

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1522573394855743488?t=UyWBaI3Yisxro9fXRgGjqw&s=19

Haven't seen any videos of the american tanks yet, maybe in the coming days we will see it.

Lastly, seems british newest brimstone missiles are kinda faulty.
Note: I posted mostly sources tilted towards the Ukrainian side of the propaganda.

PS: the videos going round on the media of dead Ukrainians soldiers in trenches, is very appalling and left to rot

Credible Russian sources in the front lines confirm it was their MI-17 that was hit, not Ukrainian.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 10:32am On May 09, 2022
ocelot2006:

If what Wagner says is true and they seriously were SOF trying to evacuate the island, then I can safely assume that Russians lost all communications with the island after the Su-27 bomb run destroyed most of the garrison on the island and likely killed some, if not all, stationed there. And that means Russians no longer had any idea who was in control of the island, therefore sending SOF to establish communications and control over the island. If they had no idea who controls the island, why land on helipad? It's completly predictable spot.

Anyway, the helicopter clearly wasn't Ukrainian, I sent a link to video that showed what the helicopter was. Even Wagner Telegram group admitted the helicopter was Mi-8AMTSh, version Ukraine doesn't operate, and remember this was before the video of the exact same helicopter flying near Crimea towards Snake Island surfaced on the internet. As of now there is no compelling evidence why the helicopter should be Ukrainian, on the other hand plenty to suggest it was Russian.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Buschlaid: 10:33am On May 09, 2022
DRC RM-70

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:57am On May 09, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Nigeria recently signed a defence pact with Russia. I believe it was Western pressure that made us vote against Russia in the first place. We have this affinity towards anything Western.

Plus, Russia supplies a great deal of our defence needs. I believe a lack of clear diplomatic position is what caused the inconsistency in the votes. like are we against Russia or not? are we supporting the United States or not?

Maybe, the political hierarchy has not yet determined the impact of such decisions.

a long time ago, Nigeria was known to be neutral in cases like this except those that concerns African countries. However, overtime, we grew a fondness for the West.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by JOSCOFELIX: 11:54am On May 09, 2022
Lurker4Long.nigeria have relationship with ukarine on military and education, voting and demanding for russia army to move out of ukarine is not a big task' but remember 2day after the voting nigeria amb to russia had a meeting with russia foregin affairs on strengthing nigeria relation was disscuss. nigeria military recently had meeting with russia delegates.nigeria know losing russia will be a great lose both to the military,education,health. industry and ecomony

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:30pm On May 09, 2022
Lurker4Long:

I don't see which better way to sit on the fence publicly than the way our government acted.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 2:35pm On May 09, 2022
The oracle have spoken

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:03pm On May 09, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Nigerians generally don't care too much about the war in Ukraine. Apart from the initial 2 weeks and the subsequent plight and government sponsored emergency evacuations of mostly Nigerian students in Ukraine, major 24 hours news channels in Nigeria haven't put too much focus on the ongoing conflict.

With regards to foreign policy, Nigeria and Nigerians are more afrocentric in thinking.

Only Nigerians that are military inclined or enthusiasts follow this war. The rest of the country is focused on the politics of 2023 and all the drama.

With regards to Nigeria's vote at the UN, a significant proportion of Nigeria's military equipment comes from the US, as we now see, it is clear the US blocked additional MI-35M deliveries to Nigeria. We can't afford to scuttle that.

On major international issues of this nature, Nigeria was always going to tow the US line, different when it concerns Africa though.

"A public explanation from the government for a war majority of Nigerians don't care about?"............ It wasn't ever going to happen.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2517) (2518) (2519) (2520) (2521) (2522) (2523) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.