Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5971023 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 9:03am On Sep 02, 2022
Tinfoil:

Mars and space exploration is just a big waste of money.

That kind of money would be best spent on education, healthcare and maybe nuclear power plants and digging bore holes(national water reserves).

Africa is due for a mega drought. Countries like Uganda that depend on hydro power would have their economies destroyed
Satellite technology can be used to identify underground water tables in the whole country...This would be a permanent solution for perennial drought. Plus longtime data collected on satellite observations can be used to predict the next drought season,floods and thus plan for what we are going to do to protect wildlife, domestic animals and people... Satellite can also be used for study on how the changes affect the biodiversity overtime.. We would be in a better position to predict when crops need to be planted or not...etc

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2022
CrateofBeer:

Some of this African countries generals never taste war all there career yet they have various awards and plenty stars all over there uniforms grin. All they do is dance all day in the barrack grin grin.

Nigeria mobile police will capture some of this Army if come to war grin

Comrade small small with the vawulence na, no loud am grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2022
Stargate254:
Satellite technology can be used to identify underground water tables in the whole country...This would be a permanent solution for perennial drought. Plus longtime data collected on satellite observations can be used to predict the next drought season,floods and thus plan for what we are going to do to protect wildlife, domestic animals and people... Satellite can also be used for study on how the changes affect the biodiversity overtime.. We would be in a better position to predict when crops need to be planted or not...etc

I totally agree with you, maybe we have a different opinion on what Space Exploration means

I am sure corporations and countries use data from satellites to gain advantage in trade deals or plan future investments but I've never heard of an African country buying commercial satellite time to get data on the us or Europe.

If the AU had balls they would declare the airspace above African up to infinity sovereign and tax companies and countries that overfly it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2022
U.S.SpecialOperationsForces conduct weapons familiarization training with members of the Kenyan Army during a Joint Combined Exchange Training.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 5:09am On Sep 03, 2022
Tinfoil:

I totally agree with you, maybe we have a different opinion on what Space Exploration means

I am sure corporations and countries use data from satellites to gain advantage in trade deals or plan future investments but I've never heard of an African country buying commercial satellite time to get data on the us or Europe.

If the AU had balls they would declare the airspace above African up to infinity sovereign and tax companies and countries that overfly it
That will be illegal. Have you heard about the United Nations Outer Space Treaty?

Nobody has rights beyond 100km of altitude, the same way nobody can place WMDs in space or conduct weapons testing in space.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
Faithful007:
That will be illegal. Have you heard about the United Nations Outer Space Treaty?

Nobody has rights beyond 100km of altitude, the same way nobody can place WMDs in space or conduct weapons testing in space.

UN treaties are only for countries that are gullible and naive. Programs like Fractional Orbital Bombardment System (FOBS) put nuclear weapons in space.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
shocked wow Nigeria has joined the league of nation's with such headlines grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fourpockets: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2022
MAN1960:
Next we should start manufacturing tanks and maybe frigates

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
What the world's most expensive hunting rifle teaches us about gun making.
The VO Falcon isn't new. It came out in Sweden in 2011 ( I told you before about those Germanic gun makers didn't !). I hope you're seated- it retails for 820,000$ !? It's the PINNACLE of gun making showcasing the hand and tooling skill needed to make a truly fine gun- what the Brits call a bespoke gun. A collectors item available for kings,drug kingpins, NFL heroes and similar types unbothered by banalities of braces,rent, mortgage, and/or tuition fees.
That's over 10x what you'd pay for bespoke guns from Brit gun makers like Purdey, Rigby or Holland & Holland. Btw, there are smaller outfits in Austria and Germany known only to collectors whose guns average a 100k$ a pop but I digress.
Firstly behold the full stock in beautiful first grade walnut. Look at that grain! That long stock is def NOT common nowadays like the old .303 Enfields common in E and Southern Africa dating from the 1890s. Combined with the octagonal barrels vibration is reduced improving accuracy.
Look at the detail of the decorative engraving and the fancy scrollwork. Here is the entire process from choosing the wood and finishing the stock, making the action, the barrel.
[url][https://vovapen.com/the-art-of-gunmaking#tradition-innovation/url]

What would you buy with $820,000? (Just shy of £500,000 to you and me.)

Seven top-spec Range Rover Sports? A four-bedroom Georgian house in Edinburgh? Or, perhaps, a VO Sporting Falcon Rifle?
[https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/vo-falcon-worlds-expensive-sporting-rifle/]

Let's all set REALISTIC targets! Let's all work really REALLY REALLY hard to buy one by the time we hit 30.
Like I said realistic targets in life are crucial!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2022
Chad deploys era 2 MRAPs

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fourpockets: 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2022
Any news about the helicopter that NASENI were making?
Plus the one the Nigerian army were making in 2017.
Also the 2 (4&5) new Seaward defence boats the NN are currently making

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2022
Fourpockets:
Any news about the helicopter that NASENI were making?
Plus the one the Nigerian army were making in 2017.
Also the 2 (4&5) new Seaward defence boats the NN are currently making

This man needs a lot of information angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fourpockets: 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
MAN1960:

This man needs a lot of information angry

I a very patriotic person that's why.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
jteku:
THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER...

atsina Govt Donates 9 APCs To Aid Fight Against Banditry

by Godwin Enna 12 hours ago

The Katsina State government has donated nine Amoured Personnel Carriers (APCs) to be deployed in the frontline Local Government Areas (LGAs) mostly affected by banditry in the State.

Governor Aminu Bello Masari, who inspected the vehicles alongside some top government officials and security chiefs on Tuesday in Katsina, said with the addition of nine APCs, the State now has over 30 APC vehicles to fight the bandits.

Affirming that government will win the fight, even though it was a tough and challenging time, he said the government and security operatives are equal to the task of dealing with the situation.

“We are now working with the Commissioner of Police and also a local producer in Kaduna to produce more APCs. We have gotten the quotations and the IG has given us an additional two, we have paid for their repairs in Kaduna.

“With these nine, we have over 30 APC vehicles in Katsina State. Though I don’t know what the military have but from the Police and our efforts, I’m sure we have over 30 APC vehicles in Katsina, and more are still needed to confront this issue of bandits who are becoming more sophisticated and daring.

“Also working to provide relief to those who are seriously affected by the activities of bandits across the State. We have national and state programmes to provide succour to the victims.

“I’m happy to say that of recent, the response time of security operatives has improved. Whenever there is SoS, the response is always better than before, and I think we will continue with the cooperation of the people,” Masari said.

He then lamented the activities of informants, which he described as the biggest problem, urging members of the public to always report suspicious movements around them to security operatives for quick response.

What nonsense are those? The Katsina State govt couldn't buy vehicles from ProForce or the Nigeria Army itself ( Ezeugo MRAPs)?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 5:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
MAN1960:

Imagine these babies in the hands of DSOF operators chasing down terrorists in the bush or desert. Or maybe strapped in a C-130 with our Airborne troops about to seize an airfield......nna, I think I've been watching too many movies grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
MAN1960:
Chad deploys era 2 MRAPs

A sight I always love to see embarassed

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 5:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
kabe1:
Nigerian army female close protection personnel

Pls what type of SMGs are those?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
Warning: Graphic
Nigeria SOF operator

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2022
Toju200:
Nigeria SOF operator
That's too graphic na, you suppose blur the head completely

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2022
I love what they did with this concept
ZERO TENSION

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNwegbQg/

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CrateofBeer: 7:17am On Sep 05, 2022
Toju200:
Nigeria SOF operator

What i love to see grin shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2022
davefurn:

That's too graphic na, you suppose blur the head completely
Blurs everything but the dudes blown up head grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2022
Toju200:
Nigeria SOF operator

Omo see zero joy shocked, I love this aggressive manner of dealing with terrorists grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2022
Toju200:
Nigeria SOF operator

Well, that's an ideal passport photo for bandits/terrorists

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
Nigeria navy special operations forces during training

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:57am On Sep 06, 2022
#NA
#NE
#SOF

11 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:39am On Sep 06, 2022
kdf wining hearts and minds strategy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 8:44am On Sep 06, 2022
Kenya Quick Reaction Force 1 (KENQRF1) Contingent successfully handed over to KENQRF2 after a 1 yr tour of duty in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:27am On Sep 06, 2022
Tinfoil:

UN treaties are only for countries that are gullible and naive. Programs like Fractional Orbital Bombardment System (FOBS) put nuclear weapons in space.
In that case, 193 countries of the world are gullible and naive including the US, China and Russia.

No nuclear weapons are domiciled in space.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:00pm On Sep 06, 2022
A week ago I flew on a friend's gyro-copter for the first time. Hair-raising as the wind was quite a factor - at some point the difference between our airspeed and groundspeed was 36mph! shocked
Even managed to take a pic over Koeberg Nuclear Power Station before we were warned off!

Can see why the Botswana Defence Force uses these for anti-poaching.

EDIT: Photos removed.
grin grin grin cough...Koeberg + permitted altitudes...cough grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2022
Lurker4Long:
A week ago I flew on a friend's gyro-copter for the first time. Hair-raising as the wind was quite a factor - at some point the difference between our airspeed and groundspeed was 36mph! shocked
Even managed to take a pic over Koeberg Nuclear Power Station before we were warned off!

Can see why the Botswana Defence Force uses these for anti-poaching.
Full blooded African man. I don't have a will! Take me on the next flight!

But man this is the life!

Funny how I don't have fear of heights but I can't stand water

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) (2649) (2650) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.