Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6010259 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) (2685) (2686) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2022
Nigerian Navy SBS

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2022
More

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2022
Nigerian Air Force SOF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2022
MAN1960:
Nigerian Air Force SOF

More

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:40pm On Nov 01, 2022
Odunayaw:
Even the context you're so desperately hanging on to, you don't still understand.

I brought up your old amnesia episode because then you "suddenly" forgot we had Anti Tank Missiles we fire from the sky!

This time around it is a bookmark incase you forget this one too

grin I honestly hope you were poor only at English and not all you did in school
When did I say you don't have anti tank missiles fired from drones?...... I said show me... As in show me them being fired...

Learn to comprehend next time before making a fool of yourself

And to refresh your memory when I asked you to quote where I supposedly said Nigeria doesn't have PGMs you brought these screenshot.

Now you even clutching straws wrt your own argument grin grin

Fvcking muppet you are grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2022
kabe1:
Nigerian military Strike Drone fleet consists of the following known assets.

6 x units Bayraktar T-B2

6 x units CH-3 UCAV

4 x units CH-4 UCAV

5 x units wing loong II UCAV

2 x units Yahbon Flash 20 UCAV

And the akinci haven't even arrived yet lol. Nigeria got some crazy fleet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:49pm On Nov 01, 2022
MAN1960:
Nigerian Air Force SOF

We've this culture of identifying all ground troops of the airforce as SOFs. I don't think the regiment is an SOF organisation

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:06pm On Nov 01, 2022
jl115:

When did I say you don't have anti tank missiles fired from drones?...... I said show me... As in show me them being fired...

Learn to comprehend next time before making a fool of yourself

And to refresh your memory when I asked you to quote where I supposedly said Nigeria doesn't have PGMs you brought these screenshot.

Now you even clutching straws wrt your own argument grin grin

Fvcking muppet you are grin
You're not smart at all. I brought out the screenshot to prove you have a penchant for selective amnesia.

And that's a very poor attempt "Show me them being fired". Really? grin

Like you're wont to do. You'd have your episodes again grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2022
MAN1960:
Nigerian Navy SBS
Many of these pictures are old reposts

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

We've this culture of identifying all ground troops of the airforce as SOFs. I don't think the regiment is an SOF organisation
I don't think so. Toju & Kabe usually try as much as possible to make the distinction. But specifically, the pictures you quoted are almost all NAF SF guys

Another thing that blurs lines is that most SF guys of NAF came from the Regt.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:47am On Nov 02, 2022
Odunayaw:
I don't think so. Toju & Kabe usually try as much as possible to make the distinction. But specifically, the pictures you quoted are almost all NAF SF guys

Another thing that blurs lines is that most SF guys of NAF came from the Regt.

Yeah, accurate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:02am On Nov 02, 2022
Odunayaw:
You're not smart at all. I brought out the screenshot to prove you have a penchant for selective amnesia.

And that's a very poor attempt "Show me them being fired". Really? grin

Like you're wont to do. You'd have your episodes again grin
Litterally what I said on your screenshot :

You mocking my English?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

I can smell kikuyu "like" here

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 9:20am On Nov 02, 2022

Nawa 4 una.
It seems u both need a separate thread at this junction.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 9:43am On Nov 02, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

sad

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 10:31am On Nov 02, 2022
raymexx:

Glad your Nigerian military power only ends on sambisa Forrest
grin grin grin

An empty reply.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 10:32am On Nov 02, 2022
davefurn:

Most are due to politics

Yes

All those boys trained and armed by Nnamdi KANU have now become instrument for politicians.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CrateofBeer: 11:19am On Nov 02, 2022
Why are we not seeing more Nigeria paramilitaries pictures on this thread or they're not here with us? Most pictures here are from Nigeria military only.

NIS
NSCDC
CUSTOMS
POLICE
DSS
etc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2022
CrateofBeer:
Why are we not seeing more Nigeria paramilitaries pictures on this thread or they're not here with us? Most pictures here are from Nigeria military only.

NIS
NSCDC
CUSTOMS
POLICE
DSS
etc
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2022
Covert1:
Who will save the Congo! Even the Kenyans I thought would bring some sense of sanity there are now withdrawing. Did President Ruto develop cold feet so quick after taking over.

The Nigerians are the only ones now with the the kind of capability to deal with the problem but won't touch it with a long spoon since its adventure their in the 60's and for very many reasons not least because Rwanda is our client state. Everyone knows Kigali is playing the long game of keeping it's big but weak neighbor next door perpetually tied down so as not to become an existential threat to the Kagame and Tutsi dynasty and also geopolitically irrelevant to the benefit of a relevant Rwanda. Abuja could actually turn the situation around without so much the force of arms but diplomacy.
If you look closely at the writer you will realize it was a disinformation /psyops campaign.
He/she also runs and is a regular contributor at intelligence briefs website.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2022
Information warfare 101

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2022
CrateofBeer:

NIS
NSCDC
CUSTOMS
POLICE
DSS
etc

You are not following.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ken006: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ghana army
Can someone pls identify the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2022
After 10 days of talks at an undisclosed venue in Pretoria, looks like Ethiopia and the Tigrayans have reached agreement on a permanent truce.

AU Chief mediator Obasanjo expected to reveal details at a press conference sometime this evening.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:37pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ken006:
Ghana army
RM70 mrl
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2022
Ken006:
Ghana army

RM-70 MRLS

The Truck seems to be a modern configuration of a Tatra vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2022
QuietMynd:

I can smell kikuyu "like" here

Cause anyone would think half the Naij TRI services are all SOF! An impossible proposition. Any nigga wearing a black jersey holding a Tavor along with his GF and their dog are labelled SOF.

Look at US SOF number.

Although U.S. Special Operations Command makes up just 3% of the joint force, it has suffered over half of all combat casualties over the past few years, said a Defense Department official.
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-Stories/Article/Article/2550459/officials-describe-special-operations-forces-contributions-to-national-security/

It's like calling IFVs MBTs or referring to Harbour Security Vessels as corvettes. The incorrect nomenclature confuses different roles and functions.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2022
NTSA:
Information warfare 101

President Ruto developed aplomb again, apparently a fully mechanized battalion is now available and ready to go no PsyOps here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkNHz7Ici4Q
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
NTSA:

If you look closely at the writer you will realize it was a disinformation /psyops campaign.
He/she also runs and is a regular contributor at intelligence briefs website.

Regardless the dragging of feet showed commanders lacked the wherewithal and still do and advised Ruto accordingly. Everything about Eastern DRC smells trouble and the Kenyans still don't have the full CT/COIN air and land contingency forces and assets for complete clearance and decisive operations. That said I expect the Kenyan military to do a better job on the whole than the Southies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTlDce6awqs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:58pm On Nov 02, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:57am On Nov 03, 2022
Lurker4Long:
After 10 days of talks at an undisclosed venue in Pretoria, looks like Ethiopia and the Tigrayans have reached agreement on a permanent truce.

AU Chief mediator Obasanjo expected to reveal details at a press conference sometime this evening.

Warring Ethiopian parties silence the guns by signing historic peace agreement in Pretoria

The Ethiopian government and its Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) enemies signed a historic peace agreement in Pretoria on Wednesday, committing to end two years of bitter and bloody warfare.

The warring parties agreed after 10 days of intense negotiations, “to permanently silence the guns”, to disarm and demobilise the combatants of the TPLF and to reintegrate them into the Ethiopian government army.

“The conflict has brought a tragic degree of loss of lives and livelihoods and it is in the interest of the entire people of Ethiopia to leave this chapter of conflict behind and live in peace and harmony,” the two sides said in a joint statement.

The chief mediator of the African Union-led peace talks, former Nigerian president Olusegun Obasanjo, hailed the agreement as “the beginning of a new dawn for Ethiopia, for the Horn of Africa and indeed the whole of Africa”.

He also cautioned that the agreement was not the end of the peace process but just the beginning.

“Implementation of the peace agreement signed today is critical to the success of the process,” said Obasanjo.

The two-page, 12-paragraph “Agreement for the Lasting Peace and Permanent Cessation of Hostilities” also included a commitment by the federal government of Ethiopia to restore the services and humanitarian supplies it had cut off from the northern Tigray province during the war.

Both sides signed up for the restoration of law and order and the protection of civilians, especially women, children, and other vulnerable groups, Obasanjo explained at the signing ceremony in the venue of the peace talks, South Africa’s Department of International Relations and Cooperation.

In a joint statement read out by the head of the Ethiopian government negotiating team, Redwan Hussein, and the head of the TPLF negotiating team, Getachew Reda, the two sides said they had also agreed to implement transitional measures, including the restoration of constitutional order in Tigray, a framework for the settlement of political differences and a transitional justice policy framework to ensure accountability, truth, reconciliation and healing.

“To start implementing these undertakings without delay, we have agreed to stop all forms of conflicts and hostile propaganda,” the joint statement reads. The two sides urged all Ethiopians at home and abroad to support the agreement, to “stop voices of division and hate and mobilise their resources for economic recovery and rehabilitation of social bonds”.

The statement also significantly noted that “it is fundamental that we reaffirmed our commitment to safeguarding the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ethiopia and to upholding the Constitution of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia.

“Thus, Ethiopia has only one national defence force,” the agreement added, before describing how TPLF forces would be integrated into the national army. Reaffirming “the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ethiopia” also underscored the TPLF’s commitment to a single Ethiopian state, relinquishing the secessionist tendencies which some had harboured.

South Africa’s minister of international relations and cooperation, Naledi Pandor, said the agreement “gives hope that as Africa we can silence the guns throughout the continent”. She said the cessation of hostilities must lead to enduring peace and South Africa was ready to continue supporting that process.

Pandor admitted she had been reluctant to host the talks but President Cyril Ramaphosa had insisted, saying South Africa had no choice. Obasanjo was supported in his mediation by former Kenyan president Uhuru Kenyatta and former South African deputy president Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka.

The UN special envoy for the Horn of Africa, Hanna Tetteh, speaking for herself and the other observers to the talks — the US special envoy for the Horn of Africa, Mike Hammer, and the executive secretary of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development, Workneh Gebeyehu — also stressed that the agreement was just the beginning of the peace process.

“Implementation will require greater collaboration and actions to build confidence, to return your beautiful and great country to peace. This is an opportunity to chart a new course. The young men and women who have been mobilised to fight will now have a chance to return to their homes and their families.

“They will not have to live with the fear that this day could be their last. And their families will bless you for creating the conditions for them to be with their children.”
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-11-02-warring-ethiopian-parties-silence-the-guns-by-signing-historic-peace-agreement-in-pretoria/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:16am On Nov 03, 2022
Covert1:

Regardless the dragging of feet showed commanders lacked the wherewithal and still do and advised Ruto accordingly. Everything about Eastern DRC smells trouble and the Kenyans still don't have the full CT/COIN air and land contingency forces and assets for complete clearance and decisive operations. That said I expect the Kenyan military to do a better job on the whole than the Southies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTlDce6awqs
It's not a Kenyan affair it's more of an east African affair almost all east African nations are contributing troops.

1 Battalion Tactical Group (composite of several battalions) KDF.
2 Battalions UPDF.
1 Battalion SSDF
2 Battalion FDNB
RDF along their common border.
Furthermore the success of this mission isn't dependent on who drops more bombs but the outcome of the political process between the warring parties.
Operations like this are multidimensional .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2680) (2681) (2682) (2683) (2684) (2685) (2686) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.