Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969009 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:24am On Dec 08, 2022
Kdf soldier puts on protective gear before sweeping the road for Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), which has become the weapon of choice for Al-Shabaab terrorists in somalia.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2022
International legion Vs what seems to be wagner. You can't see the enemy but the bullets seems to be hitting the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsU74ubgHMQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2022
davefurn:
International legion Vs what seems to be wagner. You can't see the enemy but the bullets seems to be hitting the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsU74ubgHMQ
My uncle was in the army, He'd seen some action in Sierra leone back in late 90's ... He told me real war is not like in the movies, that unless it was a planned mission where you are attacking an enemy in a known position, most of the time you don't even see the enemy, you just return fire from where the sound is coming especially in umbush type situation ...
Only when they stop firing back then you know they retreated or you killed most of them... And when you kill them you won't even know if it was your bullet...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:23am On Dec 08, 2022
jl115:
Taken Today

You can faintly see 2 Lynx helicopters taking part in the exercise

One was a BK

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewza:

One was a BK
shocked The dead is raised!!

Been a while

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewza:

One was a BK
OK thanks for the info Andrew.... Good to see you here again... Long time wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
... my my my....AndrewZA is back

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
GreenandGold:

This makes sense as a corruption-backed purchase as the platform makes no practical sense, I mean try boarding a foe vessel with this, I don't see it happening. They could have acquired proper platforms at Damen Africa or Paramount Group, I mean even Chinese ships could have been a better deal.... But I guess greasing hand palms works best.

As for Angola, that's the capital city for SADC corruption, another perfect destination for Privinvest.

And there we go:
Mozambique court finds former president's son, others guilty over $2bn scandal
https://www.timeslive.co.za/news/africa/2022-12-08-mozambique-court-finds-former-presidents-son-others-guilty-over-2bn-scandal/#Echobox=1670481321-1

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenOris: 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewza:

One was a BK
Glad to know one of the original OG is hale and hearty, i hope you are prospering on where ever or what ever you are doing.

SHARE SOME PICTURES IF YOU HAVE ANY PLEASE.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 4:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
Stargate254:

My uncle was in the army, He'd seen some action in Sierra leone back in late 90's ... He told me real war is not like in the movies, that unless it was a planned mission where you are attacking an enemy in a known position, most of the time you don't even see the enemy, you just return fire from where the sound is coming especially in umbush type situation ...
Only when they stop firing back then you know they retreated or you killed most of them... And when you kill them you won't even know if it was your bullet...
True ..my guy tells me when the battle is done one is usually partially deaf you just hear ringing sounds in your ears.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewza:

One was a BK

One of the Originals, welcome back Boss.

I used to read your comments back in secondary school. cool cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by willybaby(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Stargate254:

same thing a Nigerian veteran told me, Hollywood's war is totally different from reality.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
GreenOris:

Glad to know one of the original OG is hale and hearty, i hope you are prospering on where ever or what ever you are doing.

SHARE SOME PICTURES IF YOU HAVE ANY PLEASE.
thanks

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
kabe1:

One of the Originals, welcome back Boss.

I used to read your comments back in secondary school. cool cool

All this small small children grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
Kdf artillery

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
WE ARE WINNING THE WAR AGAINST TERRORISM – CAS

The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, has stated that the magnanimity of President Muhammadu Buhari in providing the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) with new and modern platforms and NAF's ability to effectively operationalize their usage in the battlefield has been instrumental to the level of successes been recorded against terrorists and insurgents. He stated this earlier today while on operation tour of 205 Combat Search and Rescue Group, Kerang Plateau State and 22 Quick Response Wing, Lafia in Nasarawa State. According to the CAS, there was no doubt that some of the new platforms in NAF’s Order of Battle, particularly the JF-17 Thunder aircraft, the A-29 Super Tucano aircraft and the Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) have been one of the many reasons why, in his words, 'We are winning the war against terrorism in the country.' He however stated that more still needed to be done to completely decimate and flush out the remnants of terrorists still preying on soft targets. He also warned that being complacent at this point would be harmful to ongoing operations and called for extra focus, vigilance and caution.

Air Marshal Amao also informed the personnel that the NAF is expecting the delivery of additional new platforms which the President has approved for the NAF. These platforms include 2 CASA-295 medium airlift aircraft, 2 Beechcraft King Air 360, 4 Diamond DA-62 surveillance aircraft, 3 Wing Loong II UCAVs and 6 T-129 ATAK helicopters. Other ongoing acquisitions include 2 Agusta 109 Trekker multi-role helicopters, 12 AH-1Z attack helicopters and 24 M-346 attack aircraft to boost NAF's air power employment and projection capabilities as well as air combat training. A few of these additional platforms are expected to be delivered to the NAF before the end of First quarter 2023. On the upcoming general elections, the CAS noted that while in exercising their constitutional right to vote for any candidate of their choice, they must desist from engaging in any form of political activities. According to the CAS, 'We must continue to maintain our integrity and neutrality as a Service. You must also remember that as custodians of Nigeria's constitution, we must ensure that the public' s perception of the NAF and the Armed Forces of Nigeria remains positive and unblemished.'

The CAS was accompanied by some Branch Chiefs, the Air Officer Commanding Special Operations Command, and some Directors.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

8 December 2022

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2022

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
andrewza:

One was a BK

Hahaha shocked

Look who decides to pop over.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Yall should not be surprised for seeing one of the OG of this thread back in the days.
It is because today is Thursday (Al-Hamis).

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:06am On Dec 09, 2022
Hornets in the DRC, FIB 1, 2013.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Karis1(m): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
KDF Special Forces Operators
Unit: Formerly Special Army Team{SAT}
Current unit name Unknown
Mentored and modelled around the US Army Green Berets.
Members handpicked from the KDF 40TH Rangers Strike Force.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Karis1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
Peep the operator's tabs on his left arm, SPECIAL FORCES / RANGER / AIRBORNE / SNIPER
Compare and contrast to US ARMY GREEN BERET tabs

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Karis1(m): 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
More;

P. S ; Expect a Kenyan version of DELTA very soon. 30TH Special Forces is currently the KDF's only Tier 1 unit modelled after the SAS. There has been an ever increasing upward trajectory in support to the KDF Rangers by the American government/military hence the creation of a Tier 1 unit mentored and modelled after American Green Berets & DELTA in the KDF. This is to ease the need for American boots on ground in the conflict prone Horn of Africa as per AFRICOM and CJTF-HOA's new mantra; TO WORK BY, WITH and THROUGH OUR AFRICAN PARTNERS!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Karis1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 09, 2022
More;

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Karis1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2022
Last.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 1:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
Ratel Service Life Extension Programme (SLEP)

Travelling to and on the Combat Training Centre completed the reliability testing of the new engine, transmission, transfer case and cooling system of the Ratel SLEP, OTT Solutions said. Testing of the new sighting and navigation systems fitted to the existing Ratel SLEP 20 turret, as well as other new platform subsystems, will be completed early next year.

The Chairman of OTT Solutions and previous SA Army chief, retired General Gilbert Ramano, commented at the completion of Exercise Vuk’uhlome that “the Ratel SLEP is a cost-effective mechanism to keep the Ratel fleet and force readiness at acceptable operational readiness levels specifically within the current budget constraints. This SLEP should assist in possible decisions in terms of Project Hoefyster”.

The OTT Group has years of experience remanufacturing Ratel infantry combat vehicles and developed the self-funded Ratel SLEP project through its subsidiary ADG Mobility together with sister company OTT Solutions.

Primary focus was on the engine and transmission, which shifts to a commercial off the shelf 360 hp engine coupled to a six-speed automatic gearbox. A new single speed transfer case completes the driveline upgrades, which are protected by a new cooling system.

OTT Solutions claims the SLEP upgrade provides a 30% increase in available engine power, in a lighter and smaller powerpack, and most importantly is maintainable from readily available commercial parts.

Additional platform upgrades include the addition of applique add on armour; the upgrade and replacement of obsolete components on the braking and pneumatic systems; addition of crew compartment insulation (against fumes, noise and heat); new generation military grade tyres; and a new seating arrangement.

The Ratel SLEP retains the in-service GI2 20 mm automatic cannon, but ‘huge’ improvements are offered in first round accuracy by means of a partially stabilised and electrically assisted gun drive system. Coupled to this is a full day/night gunner sighting system with laser rangefinder and an independent commander’s fully stabilised sight. This enables the two-man (gunner/commander) crew to have the capability to engage/observe/track/designate targets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUW2UssxLmo&t=8s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
Nigerian Special Forces conduct fire drills, training exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FMkCidxSo

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Karis1:
More;

P. S ; Expect a Kenyan version of DELTA very soon. 30TH Special Forces is currently the KDF's only Tier 1 unit modelled after the SAS. There has been an ever increasing upward trajectory in support to the KDF Rangers by the American government/military hence the creation of a Tier 1 unit mentored and modelled after American Green Berets & DELTA in the KDF. This is to ease the need for American boots on ground in the conflict prone Horn of Africa as per AFRICOM and CJTF-HOA's new mantra; TO WORK BY, WITH and THROUGH OUR AFRICAN PARTNERS!
There is this company within the 40th Ranger strike force that wears a different camo from the rest.( Ranger D company)
They receive some sort of foreign training and funding.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
20 more? I think this is a big lie

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
A South African solider keeping the peace with his guitar somewhere in Cabo Delgado.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2022
MAN1960:
20 more? I think this is a big lie
it's not

(1) (2) (3) ... (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.