Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,736 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6033080 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Of course he can't provide any evidence for his assertions. Simply regurgitating racist rubbish he's read on social media. And of course an internalised inferiority complex that equates competence with melanin renders one susceptible to believing the nonsense.

He spends too much time in those "Stop White Genocide" Facebook racist pages that spend all day praising Apartheid and the Rhodesian government.... You technically provide no evidence to your statement in those pages (groups), you simply just post a meme-style picture and the f00ls like him believe it without checking proper sources or data.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Why can the Black South Africans talk about the era but whites can't have a say? Never in history has a civilization, country or nation be beneficial to the entire population. There will always be resentment from some quarters. Most white south africans benefited from the era but the blacks didn't. But did the country have a massive growth in terms of infrastructure development, advancement in science and military weaponry? Yes. Something that has been unmatched today. We've seen budgetary cuts, high rape rates, massive inequality, high HIV rates till this day. I'm not saying the apartheid era doesn't have its ills and negatives but South Africa was better managed than today.
At this point, I will pass.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2023
Odunayaw:
Man, this would make the F7 deadlier

We all know the F-7 received serious upgrades in China, this is the first time we are seeing reports of what the upgrades look like.

The fact is NAF F-7NI fighter jets are now one of the most modern F-7s in the world.

This is the reason why I don't think the Nigerian Air Force would be investing in any Frontline fighter jets.

I think attention needs to be paid to the army, training, re-training and re-equipping.

The video we saw of NDA cadets training shows that the officers of the Nigerian army are well trained, however the bulk of the army which is the "rank & file", I'm not convinced they receive adequate training.

From the war in Ukraine, we can see that the Nigerian army needs many more special forces units. Same thing has to happen with the Navy and Air Force. The SBS and Panther units are inadequate.

We need to also look at Frontline fighting equipment, Tanks, IFVs, AFVs, artillery and Tank Destroyers.

MRAPs are cool, but you can't win wars with APCs.

I just hope we get to see an improvement in the training, personnel protective equipment and hardware upgrade of our Army.

6 Billion USD is no joke!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:59pm On Jan 06, 2023
kabe1:

We all know the F-7 received serious upgrades in China, this is the first time we are seeing reports of what the upgrades look like.

The fact is NAF F-7NI fighter jets are now one of the most modern F-7s in the world.

This is the reason why I don't think the Nigerian Air Force would be investing in any Frontline fighter jets.

I think attention needs to be paid to the army, training, re-training and re-equipping.

The video we saw of NDA cadets training shows that the officers of the Nigerian army are well trained, however the bulk of the army which is the "rank & file", I'm not convinced they receive adequate training.

From the war in Ukraine, we can see that the Nigerian army needs many more special forces units. Same thing has to happen with the Navy and Air Force. The SBS and Panther units are inadequate.

We need to also look at Frontline fighting equipment, Tanks, IFVs, AFVs, artillery and Tank Destroyers.

MRAPs are cool, but you can't win wars with APCs.

I just hope we get to see an improvement in the training, personnel protective equipment and hardware upgrade of our Army.

6 Billion USD is no joke!!
I'm not interested in us getting new types of Frontline jets

I'm just after the numbers. And not only that, but the full infrastructure for Air defence (GCI radars and SAM networks)

NA remains the arm that hasn't shown us they have foresight

On the issue of SF, the war in Europe is not a good indices for requirements of SF in Nigeria
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lurker4Long:

This is getting tiresome. Cheap exploited black labour built South Africa.
List just 10 indices that prove this golden era you mention, with verifiable sources.

White South African leadership coordinated, organized and laid the foundations of modern south Africa. Labour can be found anywhere but only the ones with the will uses it. The present ANC led government is lucky to have inherited a country with all those infrastructure and industrialization set in place already . Without those, the ANC government won't have had the means to sustain the country and the nation would had plunged into anarchy.

I will list some notable indices like you asked, by listing some achievements of the apartheid government and show you how they've fared under the current dispensation:

1. "Denel SOC Ltd is a South African state-owned aerospace and military technology conglomerate established in 1992. It was created when the manufacturing subsidiaries of Armscor were split off in order for Armscor to become the procurement agency for South African Defence Force (SADF), now known as the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), and the manufacturing divisions were grouped together under Denel as divisions. It is the largest of South Africa's state owned arms companies. The company had been experiencing major financial problems since 2015 and in 2021 it was announced in Parliament that Denel was on the brink of insolvency. The company stated that its woes were due to declining local defence budgets, weakened relationships with key customers and suppliers, the inability to retain or attract skilled personnel, ongoing salary disputes and a Fitch ratings downgrade."

The establishment of Denel sealed South Africa place in the defense world as a major producer of arms. However, as you can see from the write up above, the corporation is declining due to economic downturns and ineffective policies of the ANC government. Its now a shadow of itself.

2. "Eskom Hld SOC Ltd or Eskom is a South African electricity public utility. It was established in 1923 as the Electricity Supply Commission (ESCOM) and was also known by its Afrikaans name Elektrisiteitsvoorsieningskommissie (EVKOM). Eskom represents South Africa in the Southern African Power Pool. The utility is the largest producer of electricity in Africa, and was among the top utilities in the world in terms of generation capacity and sales, but due to the ANC and incompetence has since slipped in both categories."

This energy company which had thrived through the apartheid leadership is facing its worst times of existence, and again due to the ANC mismanagement.

3. The SANDF, formerly the SADF was once a fighting force to be reckoned with in the entire African continent and the world at large but its now fighting for its survival against budgetary cuts by the ANC government. Led by a defense minister , Mrs. Thandi Modise , with clearly no military experience or experience with defense matters, the glaring incompetence of the ANC government is alarming and the ability of the ANC to coordinate south African affairs should be questioned.

Other Major indices that reflects worsening situation in the rainbow nation are;

4. Murder rates during apartheid peaked at 11,000 in the year 1990 however as of present, South Africa has one of the highest murder rate in the world with Cape Town alone having 68.28 homicides per 100,000 people as of 2019 and 19,846 in the entire country according to Statista.
Murder rates has been on the steady increase from the year 1997.

5. The country has one of the highest rates of rape in the world, with some 65,000 rapes and other sexual assaults reported for the year ending in March 2012, or 127.6 per 100,000 people in the country according to the South African Police. These highs had never been reached at the apartheid era and obviously show the high rate of crime condoned by the ANC government.

6. "From 1994 to 2020 South Africa experienced 13,000 farm attacks, during which 2,000 commercial farmers were killed besides others who were injured or wounded. Since 2014 black farmers have also become victims. Residents of farms have a four times greater chance to be murdered than the average South African, and the elderly constitute a large proportion of victims. These crimes against farmers and their black or white staff have gained notable press, given the country's past racial tensions." Fun Fact? This was unpopular and unheard of during the aprtheid era.

7. "Outbreaks of xenophobic violence have become a regular occurrence in South Africa. These acts are perpetrated by the poorest of the poor, and have been ascribed to a combination of socio-economic issues relating to immigration, migration, lack of economic opportunity, and the ineffective administration of these. The 2019 spate of attacks in Gauteng were in part ascribed to premeditated criminality. Hundreds of foreigners had to seek safety, while twelve people were killed and dozens of small businesses belonging to foreigners were looted or completely destroyed." Again, nobody heard of xenophobia during the apartheid.

8. In as much as the ANC government claims to ensure the black people in south Africa achieve first citizens status, however, according to a 2017 government audit, 72 percent of the nation's private farmland is owned by white people, who make up 9 percent of the population. This shows how the "remnants" of the apartheid era is still holding and funding the economy of the country.

My point and Summary.

In as much i hate typing on the internet to debate something irrelevant to me as a Nigerian, the facts must be set. What facts? The facts that South Africa without apartheid or white leadership was gonna be an oversized Malawi. The industrialization and technological advancement won't have been there. Human advancement shouldn't be measured by the volume of melanin they say, but South Africa has proven to be unable to take control of their fate and write their destiny under the ANC leadership.

Today, majority of the black South Africans make up the 33.56 percent unemployment rate and people living below the poverty line, while their natural resources are plundered by white owned diamond mining multi nationals. According to world bank in the year 2022, South Africa is still the world most unequal country . Nothing has changed. It only got worse.

Below are pics on the land ownership and murder rate in SA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
GreenandGold:

He spends too much time in those "Stop White Genocide" Facebook racist pages that spend all day praising Apartheid and the Rhodesian government.... You technically provide no evidence to your statement in those pages (groups), you simply just post a meme-style picture and the f00ls like him believe it without checking proper sources or data.

You believe, me, a Nigerian, spends time on FaceBook which i don't even have the app, just to be pro-apartheid? lol. The truth is always hard and bitter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2023
Faithful007:
You just confidently write many claims you have not bothered to verify. Apartheid South-Africa was better managed? With what evidence?

Pic1 and Pic2. Murder rates in South Africa rose during apartheid and fell sharply after apartheid.

Pic3: AIDs death rates fell after apartheid. Mind you, the apartheid government did not respond to AIDs death rates because it disproportionately affected blacks

Can you show statistical evidence on how South Africa has regressed post apartheid?

Regardless, SA is still the AIDS capital of the world

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Of course he can't provide any evidence for his assertions. Simply regurgitating racist rubbish he's read on social media. And of course an internalised inferiority complex that equates competence with melanin renders one susceptible to believing the nonsense.

Inferiority complex? I have none. My country and countrymen weren't raped, plundered, alienated for decades by a government which claims to represent me. That was you. My military wasn't made by 80 percent white people. My banks weren't all owned by white people. My land wasn't majorly owned by white people. My infrastructure wasn't built and maintained by a white government for decades. That all happened to you, Mr. South Africa. The south African man , infact, is the one with inferiority complex not the Nigerian who didn't even let it happen in the first place at all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 1:12am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

White South African leadership coordinated, organized and laid the foundations of modern south Africa. Labour can be found anywhere but only the ones with the will uses it. The present ANC led government is lucky to have inherited a country with all those infrastructure and industrialization set in place already . Without those, the ANC government won't have had the means to sustain the country and the nation would had plunged into anarchy.

I will list some notable indices like you asked, by listing some achievements of the apartheid government and show you how they've fared under the current dispensation:

1. "Denel SOC Ltd is a South African state-owned aerospace and military technology conglomerate established in 1992. It was created when the manufacturing subsidiaries of Armscor were split off in order for Armscor to become the procurement agency for South African Defence Force (SADF), now known as the South African National Defence Force (SANDF), and the manufacturing divisions were grouped together under Denel as divisions. It is the largest of South Africa's state owned arms companies. The company had been experiencing major financial problems since 2015 and in 2021 it was announced in Parliament that Denel was on the brink of insolvency. The company stated that its woes were due to declining local defence budgets, weakened relationships with key customers and suppliers, the inability to retain or attract skilled personnel, ongoing salary disputes and a Fitch ratings downgrade."

The establishment of Denel sealed South Africa place in the defense world as a major producer of arms. However, as you can see from the write up above, the corporation is declining due to economic downturns and ineffective policies of the ANC government. Its now a shadow of itself.

2. "Eskom Hld SOC Ltd or Eskom is a South African electricity public utility. It was established in 1923 as the Electricity Supply Commission (ESCOM) and was also known by its Afrikaans name Elektrisiteitsvoorsieningskommissie (EVKOM). Eskom represents South Africa in the Southern African Power Pool. The utility is the largest producer of electricity in Africa, and was among the top utilities in the world in terms of generation capacity and sales, but due to the ANC and incompetence has since slipped in both categories."

This energy company which had thrived through the apartheid leadership is facing its worst times of existence, and again due to the ANC mismanagement.

3. The SANDF, formerly the SADF was once a fighting force to be reckoned with in the entire African continent and the world at large but its now fighting for its survival against budgetary cuts by the ANC government. Led by a defense minister , Mrs. Thandi Modise , with clearly no military experience or experience with defense matters, the glaring incompetence of the ANC government is alarming and the ability of the ANC to coordinate south African affairs should be questioned.

Other Major indices that reflects worsening situation in the rainbow nation are;

4. Murder rates during apartheid peaked at 11,000 in the year 1990 however as of present, South Africa has one of the highest murder rate in the world with Cape Town alone having 68.28 homicides per 100,000 people as of 2019 and 19,846 in the entire country according to Statista.

5. The country has one of the highest rates of rape in the world, with some 65,000 rapes and other sexual assaults reported for the year ending in March 2012, or 127.6 per 100,000 people in the country according to the South African Police. These highs had never been reached at the apartheid era and obviously show the high rate of crime condoned by the ANC government.

6. "From 1994 to 2020 South Africa experienced 13,000 farm attacks, during which 2,000 commercial farmers were killed besides others who were injured or wounded. Since 2014 black farmers have also become victims. Residents of farms have a four times greater chance to be murdered than the average South African, and the elderly constitute a large proportion of victims. These crimes against farmers and their black or white staff have gained notable press, given the country's past racial tensions." Fun Fact? This was unpopular and unheard of during the aprtheid era.

7. "Outbreaks of xenophobic violence have become a regular occurrence in South Africa. These acts are perpetrated by the poorest of the poor, and have been ascribed to a combination of socio-economic issues relating to immigration, migration, lack of economic opportunity, and the ineffective administration of these. The 2019 spate of attacks in Gauteng were in part ascribed to premeditated criminality. Hundreds of foreigners had to seek safety, while twelve people were killed and dozens of small businesses belonging to foreigners were looted or completely destroyed." Again, nobody heard of xenophobia during the apartheid.

8. In as much as the ANC government claims to ensure the black people in south Africa achieve first citizens status, however, according to a 2017 government audit, 72 percent of the nation's private farmland is owned by white people, who make up 9 percent of the population. This shows how the "remnants" of the apartheid era is still holding and funding the economy of the country.

My point and Summary.

In as much i hate typing on the internet to debate something irrelevant to me as a Nigerian, the facts must be set. What facts? The facts that South Africa without apartheid or white leadership was gonna be an oversized Malawi. The industrialization and technological advancement won't have been there. Human advancement shouldn't be measured by the volume of melanin they say, but South Africa has proven to be unable to take control of their fate and write their destiny under the ANC leadership.

Today, majority of the black South Africans make up the 33.56 percent unemployment rate and people living below the poverty line, while their natural resources are plundered by white owned diamond mining multi nationals. According to world bank in the year 2022, South Africa is still the world most unequal country . Nothing has changed. It only got worse.

Point no.3 got me laughing at the top of my voice grin
Although as Nigerians we shouldn't be judging on which era in South Africa's history was the best for them cause our country did not experience any thing like apartheid.
The disadvantages of apartheid outweighed the advantages which was mostly in favour of the whites.

I can't even imagine Nigeria going back to British colonial rule despite the legacies left behind (Western education, Politics and government set up, Military build up, some noble English cultures and other noteworthy things they did)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:12am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

You believe, me, a Nigerian, spends time on FaceBook which i don't even have the app, just to be pro-apartheid? lol. The truth is always hard and bitter.

You're delusional

1. You fail to provide data for your "truth"
2. You are NOT in South Africa like me to see the difference between the 80s and current era like I can.

All you are doing is shooting up comments from your god-fosaken Naija a$$ and claim to be the truth.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:21am On Jan 07, 2023
Nigeria air force SOF operator
(Panthers)

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2023
GreenandGold:

You're delusional

1. You fail to provide data for your "truth"
2. You are NOT in South Africa like me to see the difference between the 80s and current era like I can.

All you are doing is shooting up comments from your god-fosaken Naija a$$ and claim to be the truth.

You're black South African. I didn't expect you to benefit from the apartheid or see anything positive in that era but South Africa as a country and its government did.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:07am On Jan 07, 2023
Exnavyboy62:

Point no.3 got me laughing at the top of my voice grin
Although as Nigerians we shouldn't be judging on which era in South Africa's history was the best for them cause our country did not experience any thing like apartheid.
The disadvantages of apartheid outweighed the advantages which was mostly in favour of the whites.

I can't even imagine Nigeria going back to British colonial rule despite the legacies left behind (Western education, Politics and government set up, Military build up, some notable English cultures and other so many other things)

Exactly, what I meant. I mentioned countless times that, the main disadvantages of apartheid was the abuses against black people. The infrastructure development and management was at a faster pace then.

However, as we all know, colonialism and apartheid were two different things.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:13am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

My point and Summary.

Congratulations, you've proved you can at least copy and paste.
You have not yet proven the greatness of your golden era.
Some free education: if you say x is a golden era and I say prove it, you don't go and say but y is not this or that.
Let me give you a few pointers:
1) Electricity: how much electrification during your golden era versus the democratic era;
2) Infant mortality;
3) School enrolment;
4) Child malnutrition;
5) Access to clean piped water;
6) Access to decent housing;
7) Access to economic opportunities; etc

These are some of the indices civilised people use to measure development and thereby proclaim the greatness of one era to another.
So, get started and spare me more copied assertions without evidence.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:15am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

The infrastructure development and management was at a faster pace then.
Again, prove this. Repeating statements without providing proof is deranged. Did you go to school at all?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:18am On Jan 07, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Congratulations, you've proved you can at least copy and paste.
You have not yet proven the greatness of your golden era.
Some free education: if you say x is a golden era and I say prove it, you don't go and say but y is not this or that.
Let me give you a few pointers:
1) Electricity: how much electrification during your golden era versus the democratic era;
2) Infant mortality;
3) School enrolment;
4) Child malnutrition;
5) Access to clean piped water;
6) Access to decent housing;
7) Access to economic opportunities; etc

These are some of the indices civilised people use to measure development and thereby proclaim the greatness of one era to another.
So, get started and spare me more copied assertions without evidence.

What bout crime rates? Land ownership and resource control of citizens? Unemployment rates?

Point 2 to 7 were rampant only in the black environments due to alienation and discrimination, in fact, the areas with still high rates of these are still the black populated areas.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:21am On Jan 07, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Again, prove this. Repeating statements without providing proof is deranged. Did you go to school at all?

Asking questions without reading my points is totally deliberate ignorance and proves your inability to comprehend and understand before replying to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

What bout crime rates? Land ownership and resource control of citizens? Unemployment rates?

Point 2 to 7 were rampant only in the black environments due to alienation and discrimination, in fact, the areas with still high rates of these are still the black populated areas.
What were the crime rates during your golden era? How was land ownership and resource control of citizens great during your golden era? What were the unemployment rates during your golden era?
When you say South Africa during apartheid was the golden era, you should easily show me how all those indices reflect that greatness.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:58am On Jan 07, 2023
Lurker4Long:

What were the crime rates during your golden era? How was land ownership and resource control of citizens great during your golden era? What were the unemployment rates during your golden era?
When you say South Africa during apartheid was the golden era, you should easily show me how all those indices reflect that greatness.

Done that already. I'm done going back and forth.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 10:12am On Jan 07, 2023
You guys are killing this trend with your South Africa history class

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:13am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

My point and Summary.

So scanning through this post I came across the bolded, now this alone makes me question the validity of your entire post since Modise is a trained soldier with decades of experience.

Then also the land issue, the figure of 72% you are quoting is only for individually owned private agricultural land and does not include land held in trusts or company owned land, in totality Whites only own around 25% of the total land in SA, also Land isn't a major concern for the majority of South Africans, its just used as a political scape goat by the EFF and RET faction of the ANC......Also Im not just saying this but there are polls and statistics to back it up
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:14am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Regardless, SA is still the AIDS capital of the world
And Nigeria is the AIDS death capital of the world wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Done that already. I'm done going back and forth.
Did it where? You have not cited a single data point to prove your "golden era".
I'll make this easy for you even though it's up to you to prove your false claims. I'll post 8 data-points at a time on one index and you counter with your data on the same index, showing your "golden era".
I'll start with the economy. I'll give you time to gather your evidence for your golden era on this index, before moving on to the next one, which is infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2023
...Economy last.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:20am On Jan 07, 2023
Odunayaw:
I'm not interested in us getting new types of Frontline jets

I'm just after the numbers. And not only that, but the full infrastructure for Air defence (GCI radars and SAM networks)

NA remains the arm that hasn't shown us they have foresight

On the issue of SF, the war in Europe is not a good indices for requirements of SF in Nigeria

I don't see the Nigerian army investing in significant air Defence at the moment. I don't think that area has even been considered yet.

The Nigerian army hasn't really shown any foresight, army communication has also been really poor. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the 400 armoured vehicles procured looks like.

The war in Europe, especially in the area of Special Forces has shown that the Nigerian army needs highly mobile assault teams that can deploy a mix of skills to deal with evolving threats.

That's why I think it is important we grow and add more special units to the Nigerian military.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:27am On Jan 07, 2023
Lurker4Long:

The UN lifted the arms embargo on the DRC 2 weeks ago, and it would seem the Turks didn't waste any time!
The other possibility is that the Turks will be deploying there to fill the gap left by the Ukrainians and their helicopters who permanently ended their deployment last month. The UN DPKO has been asking around for countries to provide rotary craft.
Military equipment delivered to DRC Military yesterday

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:29am On Jan 07, 2023
NTSA:

Ah, thanks for that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:31am On Jan 07, 2023
Meanwhile M23 yesterday vacated Rumagambo as KDF exploits Military Diplomacy doctrines in the Area of responsibility(AOR)

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:47am On Jan 07, 2023
NTSA:

I might be wrong but it seems like some ground control station

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:50am On Jan 07, 2023
The SAAF helicopters can airlift a fully equipped battalion to battle

40+ medium-lift helicopters
35+ light-lift helicopters

That's more airlift than Sweden or Netherlands or Portugal

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:12am On Jan 07, 2023
GreenandGold:
The SAAF helicopters can airlift a fully equipped battalion to battle

40+ medium-lift helicopters
35+ light-lift helicopters

That's more airlift than Sweden or Netherlands or Portugal
Not quite. At any given time, only a 3rd of those choppers are available.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:18am On Jan 07, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Not quite. At any given time, only a 3rd of those choppers are available.

Because;

- 1/3 are for training
- 1/3 for deployment
- 1/3 being serviced

BUT in theory, if all are airborne then they can airlift a battalion.....

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2728) (2729) (2730) (2731) (2732) (2733) (2734) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.