Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,141 members, 7,852,890 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019278 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lurker4Long:

How can one live without Dineplan on one's mobile?
As for Gen-Z, you made your bed... grin grin grin

I did not even know such apps existed, the caveman in me still likes things ancient. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Well, the MMIPVs are replacing the "warrior-class" vessels.

She could have been named after Dabulamanzi kaMpande, who led amaZulu against the British at Isandlwana.

Dabulamanzi is the perfect name, I mean "split the waters"....an opportunity forever missed right there.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 12:02am On Jul 23, 2023
GreenandGold:

She could have been named after Dabulamanzi kaMpande, who led amaZulu against the British at Isandlwana.

Dabulamanzi is the perfect name, I mean "split the waters"....an opportunity forever missed right there.

Mhmm tell us more about Great Mzansi warriors, the known and unknown...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2023
Lurker4Long:
Odunayaw, another one! Will be available shortly.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2023
Talk about a labour of love: somebody reproduced a scale model of a full South African Mechanised Brigade.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2023
Nigerian Army Floating Bridge system

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2023
The Aradu Modernization program

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2023
Shaytun:
The Aradu Modernization program

Strangely they show the ship model in its current condition and do not give any details about the intended upgrade.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

Strangely they show the ship model in its current condition and do not give any details about the intended upgrade.

I don't think there will be much significant upgrade to the ship, just modernisation of it's systems to present date standards so it can serve as a proper training platform for the new incoming frigate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2023
Isn't the coups in Africa too much. Right at Nigerias' doorstep, we have Niger. Is it Russia enabled?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
davefurn:
Isn't the coups in West Africa too much. Right at Nigerias' doorstep, we have Niger. Is it Russia enabled?
Very frustrating stuff

I can't but be disgusted at the neighbourhood and Nigeria's foreign policy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 4:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
Odunayaw:
Very frustrating stuff

I can't but be disgusted at the neighbourhood and Nigeria's foreign policy
Foreign policy is very baddd
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
davefurn:
Isn't the coups in Africa too much. Right at Nigerias' doorstep, we have Niger. Is it Russia enabled?

I'm all for anything and everything that would break the francophone dominance at our doorstep.

Who democracy help ?? undecided

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
davefurn:

I doubt if it's Russia enabled or anybody enabled. Of course, Russia would capitalize on with but it doesn't mean they triggered it. Internet misinformation, conspiracy theories and brainwashed people waving Russian flags don't mean much.

Coups happen mostly due to local issues. Generally in many sub saharan countries. The state architecture is so ineffective to the point that it doesn't even matter whether the president is doing well, the life the average citizen gets worse.

The EU might suffer a lot from this because there is a multi million dollar smuggling industry in Niger especially in Agadez, which has been sending millions of migrants to Europe. Worse still, terrorists are highly involved in it. The economy of regions in Nigeria depend solely on smuggling to Europe.

Now you see why they're so concerned about Niger. Terrorism and migration is a deadly cocktail. Laws have failed, and the EU together with the US have been trying to crush that industry by using a multifaceted approach, funding economic projects and assist the military to target these terrorists running the dark industry. The government in Niger might have become so ineffective that NGOs were now doing the work of the government.

It's not clear how things will look like after the takeover, but US law prohibits troops from participation in joint programs with military regimes. But the EU countries could still try to continue their cooperation with the military government. Idk.

A look at this map below reveals a lot.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Faithful007:

I doubt if it's Russia enabled or anybody enabled. Of course, Russia would capitalize on with but it doesn't mean they triggered it. Internet misinformation, conspiracy theories and brainwashed people waving Russian flags don't mean much.
You can bet anything those Russian arseholes will capitalise as soon as France, the US and the EU suspend co-operation.
This is what, the 7th coup in that region since 2020?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
Mers el kbir naval base

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 9:55pm On Jul 27, 2023
More

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Lurker4Long:

You can bet anything those Russian arseholes will capitalise as soon as France, the US and the EU suspend co-operation.

Not the entire "region" as you put it. It is just the French colonies who are tired of the parasitic relationship with France.

So try to be analitically correct. Except of course you're just here to parrot Western propaganda, in which case I will understand smiley

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
This vegetable has been ruling Cameroon since 1982...15 solid years before I was born grin

The Western countries are cool with him...since he plays their ball.

He won the last "election" with numbers more than what is on the voter's register grin grin grin
Nobody is saying anything... because its a favorable regime to the interest of the Western masters.

Just wait till a military coup removed him...then boom! Sanction upon sanction grin
With the pretentious noise for "democracy" and "rule of law"

Lol grin grin

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
Faithful007:

It's not clear how things will look like after the takeover, but US law prohibits troops from participation in joint programs with military regimes. But the EU countries could still try to continue their cooperation with the military government. Idk.

A look at this map below reveals a lot.

You see, I don't have problem with you guys parroting your self-righteousness amongst yourselves but please do not bring it in here ever again grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2023
Bacteria8:

I'm all for anything and everything that would break the francophone dominance at our doorstep.

Who democracy help ?? undecided

Only a victim of Russian propaganda could ask this.

Replacing France with Russia is now sold to Africans as progress. Africa will never learn. We will be robbed again as long as the majority of people are stupid like you.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2023
Bacteria8:
This vegetable has been ruling Cameroon since 1982...15 solid years before I was born grin

The Western countries are cool with him...since he plays their ball.

He won the last "election" with numbers more than what is on the voter's register grin grin grin
Nobody is saying anything... because its a favorable regime to the interest of the Western masters.

Just wait till a military coup removed him...then boom! Sanction upon sanction grin
With the pretentious noise for "democracy" and "rule of law"

Lol grin grin
Motherfvckers!

shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

Only a victim of Russian propaganda could ask this.

Replacing France with Russia is now sold to Africans as progress. Africa will never learn. We will be robbed again as long as the majority of people are stupid like you.

Lol grin
No brother, I'm sorry little minds like you can't think about a world where Africa and Africans determine their own affairs without Russia or the West.

Moving away from the West doesn't automatically means we're moving towards Russia or China or whatever.
Fvck all of them imperialist pricks!!!

I know that small minds like you are so used to being dependent on the international community that your entire thinking is now limited to such.

So it is not about REPLACING France or the West.
Its about ending a parasitic relationship that has perpetually made subsaharan Africa a receiver of aides while the same people who are robbing us dry during the night are the same givers of aides in the morning.

We don't have to replace a devil with another devil... We can simply just end the reing of demons.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 11:55am On Jul 28, 2023
Qatar, Saudi Arabia etc banned LGBTQ, the West didn't say nothing. Their relationship grew even stronger.

Uganda and Zimbabwe banned LGBTQ...boom! Sanctions and Sanctions. And Threats upon threats to withhold aides to them.

Just imagine that !!! angry angry angry

Does Qatar and Saudi have two heads ?? Nope!
But do they rely on the White man's money, military, technology, healthcare, etc to come save them each and every time ?? Nope !

That's the whole point.

You can't DEMAND equality. You have to EARN it.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
Lurker4Long:

Of course. Personally I think the US and Europe needs to rethink their policies in Africa because it isn't working.

Since the turn of this century, US and her partners have operated on an assistance basis on mutual political and economic goals, while that has achieved some results, it has not achieved much in public opinion and politics.

The West and Sub saharan Africa have grown culturally apart, economically apart, socially apart, etc. Continuing the relationship like this fits very well into the narrative of neo colonialism because most Western programs in Africa do not achieve their economic and political objectives.

I think the West should focus mostly on the few countries in Africa where this development programmes achieves something.

Thus might sound bad, but the West should rely majorly on propaganda for most of West Africa imo. Development programmes is of little benefit and most locals aren't even aware of it. However, Russia is proving that propaganda is cheaper and very effective in West Africa.

Russia hardly has contributed 5% of what the US has contributed to WA in the past decade but I'm sure if you poll who is viewed more favorably in West Africa, it would be Russia. These countries are highly moved by sentiment and we need to play along rather than waste money on so-called stabilization and development efforts.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
Bacteria8:

Lol grin
No brother, I'm sorry little minds like you can't think about a world where Africa and Africans determine their own affairs without Russia or the West.

Moving away from the West doesn't automatically means we're moving towards Russia or China or whatever.
Fvck all of them imperialist pricks!!!

I know that small minds like you are so used to being dependent on the international community that your entire thinking is now limited to such.

So it is not about REPLACING France or the West.
Its about ending a parasitic relationship that has perpetually made subsaharan Africa a receiver of aides while the same people who are robbing us dry during the night are the same givers of aides in the morning.

We don't have to replace a devil with another devil... We can simply just end the reing of demons.

wink

But that's not what's happening in reality: Coup plotters and authoritarian regimes are taking over African governments and using Russian mercenaries to protect their regimes by granting them access to mineral reserves. I would not be surprised to see that pattern unfold in Niger.

Coups d'état are carried out for self-interest and not for the good of the people - so the question is: how naive are you?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
Faithful007:

Russia hardly has contributed 5% of what the US has contributed to WA in the past decade but I'm sure if you poll who is viewed more favorably in West Africa, it would be Russia. These countries are highly moved by sentiment and we need to play along rather than waste money on so-called stabilization and development efforts.

Doubling down the bottomless hole of "Hero Complex" as usual grin grin grin

Who is America actually helping in Africa ?? The African kids who worked in labour camps to mine raw materials upon which American companies rely ?? Lol grin
And for which CIA easily toppled regimes who won't allow their people to be exploited ??

Take your "help" and sholve it so far your asshole it reaches your throat and you choke on it.
Bye!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

wink

But that's not what's happening in reality: Coup plotters and authoritarian regimes are taking over African governments and using Russian mercenaries to protect their regimes by granting them access to mineral reserves. I would not be surprised to see that pattern unfold in Niger.

America supported Fatai Elsisi to overthrow Mursi's democratically elected government in Egypt. And then stylishly turn him into their white wash winner of another election.

Again, I don't except small minds to put that into perspective.

SuperSixSeven:

Coups d'état are carried out for self-interest and not for the good of the people - so the question is: how naive are you?

Time is the ultimate measurement of all things...not your narrow minded opinion wink

And yes, while we rid ourselves the generation-long pestilence of the Western tyrants, if seeking help from Russia does the trick, then so be it !

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
SuperSixSeven:

wink

Most coups have nothing to do with foriegn countries. This isn't the 70s.

Countries would only play along if the change happens to favour them. France refused to condemn what happened in Chad, as well as Russia of recent.

The fools here are the Africans who deliberately destabilize their governments and set their countries ablaze for selfish interests and gains. Second are the ones who never take responsibility what happens in their country and look for someone else to blame.

Macron told the Dr Congo straight up. Take responsibility for your country. France has suffered enough backlash from Operation Berkane. In fact, France had better relationships with francophone countries before Berkane. That's why I'm of the opinion that interventionist programmes always fail in West Africa.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
A wannabe americano is here saying otherwise... knowing more than European parliament members grin grin grin

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ct6uLF9M1J5/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oloyesaso(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.