Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,460 members, 7,854,005 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:27 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6020971 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

http://ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wmc/add_10.htm
http://www.denellandsystems.co.za/products/infantry-weapons (download pdf)

based on these 2 manufacturers data

VIDHWANSAK :
1.it has 3 calibre 12.7 mm, 14.5 mm & 20 mm ( One Minute Change of either of the 3 calibres )

A. 12.7 × 107 mm :
Muzzle Velocity : 845 m/s
Range : 1,800 m

B. 14.5 × 114 mm
Muzzle Velocity : 1,080 m/s
Range : 1,800 m

C: 20 × 82 mm
Muzzle Velocity : 720 m/s
Range : 1,300 m

DENEL NTW-20 :
it has 2 calibres 20 mm , 14.5 mm

A. 14.5 x 114 mm :
Muzzle Velocity : 1000 m/s
Range : 1750 m

B. 20 x 82 mm :
Muzzle Velocity : 720 m/s
Range : 1,300 m

which of the 2 is better then ?

if the rifle other than the looks is based on NTW20 , why DENEL did not contest and claim the IPR for the rifle design ?
Kalashnikov had contested based on IPR and made OFB to make design changes to its assault rifle , what stops denel from doing the same , its been almost 10 years now.
or maybe denel knows the truth.
it is a fact the ntw-20 was the inspiration but enough changes were made to bypass any IPR claims and in-turn better the weapon.
though I feel ntw20 looks better aesthetically of the 2.
Is the Vidhwansak in the record books for longest kill shots?? Come back to me once the Vidhwansak has made a 2km kill shot....The NTW20 made 6 kills in one day at those ranges with one being 2,125m ....After its done that, then you can say it's as good or better.

Also what do you think the chances are of Denel claiming IP theft and going to court against the Indian Government and winning? Its the same reason car manufacturers never win any IPR claims in China.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:19am On Mar 27, 2016
Angola receives another 4 Mi-171Sh from Russia bringing the total to 8
http://www.janes.com/article/59040/angola-receives-another-four-mi-17-1sh-helicopters

Modern electronics + 1000km range (combat radius of 500km)

Note the extra armor panels on the side of the cockpit

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:19am On Mar 27, 2016
jln115:

Is the Vidhwansak in the record books for longest kill shots?? Come back to me once the Vidhwansak has made a 2km kill shot....The NTW20 made 6 kills in one day at those ranges with one being 2,125m ....After its done that, then you can say it's as good or better.

Also what do you think the chances are of Denel claiming IP theft and going to court against the Indian Government and winning? Its the same reason car manufacturers never win any IPR claims in China.

Dont bother

The first mention of India/Pakistan and all the shills come out of the woodwork

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23am On Mar 27, 2016
patches689:

Dont bother

Jap, should probably just leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:30am On Mar 27, 2016
jln115:

"and unlike one or two here, I have not fired and evaluated either of the 2 guns
and therefore I cannot give my valuable opinion as to which is the better tongue "

"The NTW20 made 6 kills in one day at those ranges with one being 2,125m"
good u have got really fine snipers grin
send them to teach us long range sniping grin

lolzzz India is bound by international law to honour respective countries IPR which is why OFB had to back off from its AK clone and re-engineer it. democracy
maybe the millions of dollars of defence trade with India , forced south Africa (denel) to have 2nd & 3rd thoughts about pursuing IPR claims.

china is a big country , India is comparatively very weak grin so china can do what it wants.

verdict : ntw20 is way way better than vidhwanshak grin
have a nice day
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 27, 2016
patches689:

Dont bother

u a psychic cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:38am On Mar 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

u a psychic cool
hahahahahaha the Pakistanis are probably out for revenge after their loss against you guys a week or so ago. Wonder were's @Sahuchak? would like to know his thoughts on Amir, after he was talking him up so much.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:47am On Mar 27, 2016
jln115:

hahahahahaha the Pakistanis are probably out for revenge after their loss against you guys a week or so ago. Wonder were's @Sahuchak? would like to know his thoughts on Amir, after he was talking him up so much.

what revenge??
what loss??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 27, 2016
Rand Show 2016 - SANDF Display

Not the most impressive video, but at least its something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRmJ65FdXWs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:48am On Mar 27, 2016
nemesis2u:

what revenge??
what loss??
Are you Indian?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51am On Mar 27, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2016
kenya police refurbished MI-17 helicopters

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:20am On Mar 27, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
MONUSCO randoms:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
M14A1:

NAF 540

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2016
@ViceAdmiral
Namibians will try anything grin
This guy went to go join the Foreign Legion

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
gottfried21:
@ViceAdmiral
Namibians will try anything grin
This guy went to go join the Foreign Legion

Isn't that illegal?? In terms of the defence act
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Please for forumites from Southern Africa a colleague of mine is writing a research work on the contributions of SADC on peace and security in Southern Africa please I need help and contributions and if possible I need links to journals and materials. Thanks as I anticipate your kind response.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

It's very serious!!!
Anyways...They can Keep him grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
gottfried21:

It's very serious!!!
Anyways...They can Keep him grin
Any idea where he's been deployed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Illegal?? I know here in SA it's legal to join foreign militaries....What's illegal is to assist/participation as a combatant for private gain...or to put it more simply, to be involved in mercenary activities.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
jln115:

Illegal?? I know here in SA it's legal to join foreign militaries....What's illegal is to assist/participation as a combatant for private gain...or to put it more simply, to be involved in mercenary activities.

Prohibition of citizens to serve in military forces of other countries

(1) No citizen may, without the written permission of the Minister, serve or
apply to serve in the military force or the reserve or any auxiliary force of any
country other than Namibia, unless such citizen -

(a) is resident in such other country ; and
(b) is, in terms of the laws of that country, liable to serve in such military
force, reserve or auxiliary force.

(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on
conviction to a fine not exceeding N$8 000 or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding two
years or to both such fine and such imprisonment.

Seems like there are exemptions to the rule wink

@ Gottfried any info on the Command and Staff College in Karibib

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

apply to serve in the military force or the reserve or any auxiliary force of any

(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on
conviction to a fine not exceeding N$8 000 or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding two

Seems like there are exemptions to the rule with wink

Aaahhhh!!! Interesting!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
@Gottfried didn't the president have a photo-shoot with the fighter boys

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
overhypedsteve:
Please for forumites from Southern Africa a colleague of mine is writing a research work on the contributions of SADC on peace and security in Southern Africa please I need help and contributions and if possible I need links to journals and materials. Thanks as I anticipate your kind response.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

This guy has resided in France for about 16 years(for reasons unknown)
I guess that answers it then...
Also,Command and what not?First time hearing of this....
A friend of mine in the Togolese army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
gottfried21:

This guy has resided in France for about 16 years(for reasons unknown)
I guess that answers it then...
Also,Command and what not?First time hearing of this....
A friend of mine in the Togolese army

Command and staff college...I think those army officers including the Zimbabwean officer the president met @ Karibib AFB are working there....or what were they doing in Karibib?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
stillchris:

now tell me this isn't worse than nigerian videos you've seen. and a lot more worse still goes unreported.

i can tell nobody will make comments about this because it's not an african army.

sometimes the way we rush to make judgments on things. especially when it has to do with africa baffles me.

lemme see what @Tinfool has to say about the british disease now

Stillchriss I hate to bring this up again but you misunderstood me. I didn't mean that this is specific to Nigerians or Africans, in fact Europeans are much worse, they murdered on an industrial scale in the holocaust and the tribal war in Yugoslavia where the Serb, Bosnian, Kosovo,.. tribes slaughtered each other. Yes Africa is usually looked down on especially if you look at the ICC where Africans have been convicted for supporting and inciting conflicts while Europe supports and incites conflict in Syria by arming rebels to depose a legitimate government. Or how Mugabe is labeled a despot while despots like the king of S.Arabia runs the country like it is in the middle ages. Take a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfpq0hek7e8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ballballo: 6:50am On Mar 28, 2016
Open Day GH Mil

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ballballo: 6:53am On Mar 28, 2016
GH

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 28, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

as he is residing in france and by the laws of france he is allowed , he broke no law he can join the legion,the legion isn't a mercenary organisation .

this are the laws if america is forced by circumstances to reinstate the draft e.g during the iraq 2003 america came close to reinstate the draft due to shortage of personnel

this are rules for non citizens residing in america

Today, non-citizen males of appropriate age in the United States, who are permanent residents (holders of green cards), seasonal agricultural workers not holding an H-2A Visa, refugees, parolees, asylees, and illegal immigrants, are required to register with the Selective Service System
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 28, 2016
nigeria army

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.