Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6010079 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2016
iblawi:

All those countries are currently experiencing terrorist attacks and their militaries are upgrading equipments and making sure they standardize their military. In order to effectively repel the threat.

Many nations are learning from the mistakes of Nigeria.

The rationale behind rating Libya ahead of Kenya is what i find ludicrous.
Majority walk around with RPGs in Libya, drive technicals for uber taxi and plant grenades for fun.
Evidently there's no military over there.

OMG?!! What exactly is Zimbabwe fighting that they are ranked ahead of Uganda. Poachers?? grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2016
Patchesagain:

You really want to de-rail this thread?

Lol grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:30pm On Apr 15, 2016
gottfried21:
They did us wrong...
Comparing lemons with oranges.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
M14A1:

The rationale behind rating Libya ahead of Kenya is what i find ludicrous.
Majority walk around with RPGs in Libya, drive technicals for uber taxi and plant grenades for fun.
Evidently there's no military over there.

OMG?!! What exactly is Zimbabwe fighting that they are ranked ahead of Uganda. Poachers?? grin
The Zimbabweans are highly professional.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2016
Heres What will happen if two NATO member countries fight each other?

In the intricate game of Politics and diplomacy we often don't know what's going to happen in the future. Allies can quickly turn to bitter enemies while rivals can turn around and find a common ground to work together.

NATO is a voluntary organization in which consensus is the key governing paradigm. The NATO Agreement is based upon needing the consensus of its members to agree and acknowledge that an attack has occurred on one of its members, and that this attack constitutes a threat worthy of NATO engagement. This agreement is further based upon a defensive perspective, where the language used concerns only an attack on a member, and not whether a member engaged in hostilities first, facilitating an attack on a NATO member in retaliation. NATO was formed in 1949, and the USSR was the threat, and no NATO ally, except the US, had the capability to attack the Soviet Union.

READ MORE >>> http://www.combatheart.com/2016/04/normal-0-false-false-false-en-us-x-none.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:42pm On Apr 15, 2016
MikeCZA:
The Zimbabwean are highly professional.
As are the UPDF. Hats off to the zimbabweans

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
gottfried21:
They did us wrong...

With us you never know what to expect grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:
we need to allow america to build a drone base in kenya

Are you for real??

A few pages back someone commented on how the US kept saying they saw the Chibok girls on their drone cameras but wouldn't share the info with the NA. At the same time they refused to sell gunships-why??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 16, 2016
kikuyu1:

Are you for real??

A few pages back someone commented on how the US kept saying they saw the Chibok girls on their drone cameras but wouldn't share the info with the NA. At the same time they refused to sell gunships-why??
what if the mission went Munich fiasco,who would get blamed ! i highly doubt that story about Nigeria being denied those gunship.on the somali issue only the america air power is effectively hammering alshabaab.i i have seen alshabaab video where alshabaab are hiding in thick bushes filming,while a kenya army MD500 just over fly them less than 200 meters
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:33am On Apr 16, 2016
iblawi:
2016 globalfire ranking South Africa drops to 5th place in Africa.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-africa.asp

I avoid these e fights but anyone who puts the DRC armed forces above anyone is talking out their arse! Print out that GFP list and use as toilet paper!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 16, 2016
Patchesagain:

I could write a freaking essay about how ridiculous this statement is.

But this is neither the place nor the time.

because you seems to say you south africa military are the most powerful military in africa,outside Lesotho where else have you ever displayed your military superiority. don't include UN missions in your reply

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2016
central africa military C-130

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 16, 2016
Angola air force SU-27

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 16, 2016
egyptian air force F-16's bombing ISIS in sinai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyiIq8oR0c
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2016
kikuyu1:

I avoid these e fights but anyone who puts the DRC armed forces above anyone is talking out their arse! Print out that GFP list and use as toilet paper!

Seriously I don't know much about Congo but we must realise that the ranking is not based on the amount of hardware and personnel in each military alone. Their are many other factors that are considered like accessibility to some resource during war times or sanctions. This might even be as little as oil , food and even your ability to maintain your equipments with little or no support.

I believe these guys know why they brought Congo to 10th place and Angola from 9th in 2015 now 6th in 2016.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Apr 16, 2016
egyptian military hunting ISIS in sinai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGzW2lRVZWY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Apr 16, 2016
The return of Egyptian anti-terrorism Unit from Cyprus after the end of the hostage crisis, in which an egyptian plane was hijacked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5CKqAlm3gQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 16, 2016
egyptian air force in kuwait on a joint kuwait/egypt air force training exercises "Al-Yarmouk 2"

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2016
Nigerian Navy SBS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 16, 2016
Nigerian Navy SBS Jungle exercise

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 16, 2016
off topic: Was playing Call of dudy:advanced warfare last year, and I thought it was too much science fiction for me to imagine, Especially the weaponry, jet-pack and the exoskeleton part where a guy can break a door or wall with his fist
well, I wasnt aware the exoskeleton is actually not science fiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPlFAKtc_0Y
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2016
denisfidha:
off topic: Was playing Call of dudy:advanced warfare last year, and I thought it was too much science fiction for me to imagine, Especially the weaponry, jet-pack and the exoskeleton part where a guy can break a door or wall with his fist

already south korea ship building industries workers are using them

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2016
denisfidha:

even russia is on the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEXo_vJueNQ

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:31am On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:
because you seems to say you south africa military are the most powerful military in africa,outside Lesotho where else have you ever displayed your military superiority. don't include UN missions in your reply

Lol - I can ask that exact same question for the North African states!

To answer your question: Pic related

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2016
Patchesagain:

Lol - I can ask that exact same question for the North African states!

To answer your question: Pic related

i thought you got your independence in 1994 !

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2016
kenya police newly acquired AgustaWestland AW139s

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:
Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

africaken you will not kill me with laughter

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:

South Africa got its independence in 1910

UDF = SADF = SANDF

I think its sad that you are so obsessed with arguing that you have to make such petulant statements.

So, you asked what we have done - consider yourself told

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:

Beautiful AW139, how many did Kenya acquire?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:
what if the mission went Munich fiasco,who would get blamed ! i highly doubt that story about Nigeria being denied those gunship.on the somali issue only the america air power is effectively hammering alshabaab.i i have seen alshabaab video where alshabaab are hiding in thick bushes filming,while a kenya army MD500 just over fly them less than 200 meters

But in what is the American government’s most elaborate response to the controversy so far, the American Ambassador to Nigeria, James Entwistle, said cases of human rights abuses by Nigerian troops in the North-East in the past years have stood out as a sore thumb as the United States considers the Nigerian military’s request for arms.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/169264-why-nigerian-military-has-difficulty-getting-arms-from-america-u-s-govt.html

To be honest it doesn't specify gunships but it was allegedly for human rights abuses. Despite the El Adde disaster it wasn't a failure of equipment,personnel or training;imo it was intel. Once that half ton BVBIED levelled the TOC and the mortar pos the coy was lost since all the officers and NCOs were KIA . AT THAT POINT ALL THE MIG 29s/F 15s/Su 35s EVEN GRIPS,GODDAMMIT WOULDN'T HAVE SAVED THE SURVIVORS! Incidentally the few survivors were from an overwatching section. Trust me the aircav Z9s and MD 500s along with the KAF F5s are adequate for Somalia. I get the impression you imagine the US has a secret deux a machina. You don't need AC 130S and or Apaches for this kind of fight.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
africaken254:
Kenya!!!!!!! smileykiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.