Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,843 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6012804 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 07, 2016
Nigerian Air Force

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 07, 2016
Nigerian Air Force 1

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 07, 2016
Nigerian Air Force 2

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:59am On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:

That's the "Frogfoot", SU-25, NATO reporting name "Frogfoot".
thinks bro , escaped my mind. Sukhoi 25 frogfoot the Russian answer to AGM missions and Close air support
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 07, 2016
Nigerian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2016
jln115:
Gotta thank the SA Army for getting their PR in order....sort of tongue
Well to be honest, the "sort of", looks quite good.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Jul 07, 2016
Happy EID Mubarak to all our Muslim brothers and sisters

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:

Well to be honest, the "sort of", looks quite good.
Can't complain....but still lacking in some areas....remember the whole Subs vs Sharks thing?? But in all fairness that was the navy not the army!!

And 99% of the pics are still taken by normal civilians and not the SANDF itself, but thankfully after several years the SANDF have finally discovered they can actually use those pics for their web and Facebook pages!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:

Any available photo of KDF commando fully kitted with the Ops Core FAST helmet?
i haven't come across another photo with was posted on kenya defence force twitter page wishing Eid Mubarak Eid ul Fitr
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 07, 2016
africaken254:
i haven't come across another photo with was posted on kenya defence force twitter page wishing Eid Mubarak Eid ul Fitr

I'm talking about any photo showing a fully kitted KDF commando wearing his FAST helmet. Do you have any photo, something similar to these Nigerian commandos?

I'm not talking about Eid photos.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2016
jln115:

Can't complain....but still lacking in some areas....remember the whole Subs vs Sharks thing?? But in all fairness that was the navy not the army!!

And 99% of the pics are still taken by normal civilians and not the SANDF itself, but thankfully after several years the SANDF have finally discovered they can actually use those pics for their web and Facebook pages!!!!

From the outside, i don't see anything lacking. At-least 1,000 professionally taken photos a year for the SANDF is something, it really doesn't matter the source.

I do have to say that photos of SANDF Special Forces, especially the "guys in green" are almost non-existent. In Nigeria, the reverse is the case, most of the images shared online are from elite units, both military and civilian. If not for Frumentius we most likely wouldn't have known the SANDF use modern R5s.

...Again, doesn't matter, those civilian photos are so top-notch i really don't care if the SANDF post photos. If only we had guys like Dean, Doug, Airfire photography etc etc in Nigeria.

We would be "flllyyyingg"!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:
Happy EID Mubarak to all our Muslim brothers and sisters
This Braka da sallah pic is the nyt mare of terrorist

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
#End_of_Boko_Haram: Borno residents celebrate Sallah peacefully in 5 years /29jDgs8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:

From the outside, i don't see anything lacking. At-least 1,000 professionally taken photos a year for the SANDF is something, it really doesn't matter the source.

I do have to say that photos of SANDF Special Forces, especially the "guys in green" are almost non-existent. In Nigeria, the reverse is the case, most of the images shared online are from elite units, both military and civilian. If not for Frumentius we most likely wouldn't have known the SANDF use modern R5s.

...Again, doesn't matter, those civilian photos are so top-notch i really don't care if the SANDF post photos. If only we had guys like Dean, Doug, Airfire photography etc etc in Nigeria.

We would be "flllyyyingg"!

That's exactly my point!!! A few nice pics and vids from a civilians just don't cut it!!

If our Militaries start spreading propaganda at just half the rate the US does it would do wonders for our PR systems!!

Imagine quality documentaries like Restrepo conducted on the front-lines of our troops?? Hell the MONUSCO deployment is more dangerous than the so called valley of death if one looks at fatality rates, and the war against Boko Harm makes korengal look like a walk in the park. Its really high time we start embedding journalists on our deployments.

Also MOVIES!!!!!! The US release some or other war propaganda film at least once a fvcking year!!! Hell some of them clearly show how they get their asses handed to them like in lone survivor!! Now image a movie about the FIBs defeat of the M23 or The Battle of Bangui or even a movie about the countless battles fought against Boko Harm?? Both SA and Nigeria have thriving movie industries so making a decent war film shouldn't be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
Amazing shots of SAAF Gripen

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
i was shocked to read an article about china armoured vehicles and realise that most of them are partially or completely russian copies.[b]most of our abroad procurement are driven by kick backs and under the table deals.like the recent bought VN-4 APC by kenya police could have easily being made or assembled in kenya,[/b]what made me mad was our president had in the past visisted ethiopia where he saw them building an indigenous APC's and still went ahead and bought china made VN-4 APC ! with a growing population we need to increase our manufacturing ,also the threat of alshabaab is still growing.recently a police light skin land cruiser was hit with a RPG-7 killing 5 policemen,who were escourting a bus in madera.this deaths could have being prevented if the government and security agencies start a project to even upgrade indigenous armoured land cruisers .like the british did armouring land rovers during the northern Ireland troubles

Sudan made Safat 03 light aircraft trainer

Dude,you've been told before that's not the case! Why can't you accept that if your procurement choice isn't followed its not necessarily corruption. Seriously!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:

I'm talking about any photo showing a fully kitted KDF commando wearing his FAST helmet. Do you have any photo, something similar to these Nigerian commandos?

I'm not talking about Eid photos.
no i dont have such a photo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
kikuyu1:

Dude,you've been told before that's not the case! Why can't you accept that if your procurement choice isn't followed its not necessarily corruption. Seriously!!
the situation within our border can't wait for the slow government bureaucracy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 3:03pm On Jul 07, 2016
chinese8107:
Off topic

The DART-450 (Diamond Aircraft Reconnaissance Trainer)

world's first all-carbon fiber tandem, made n Austria

up to 8 hours air endurance time makes an ideal trainer and surveillance plane

http://www.diamond-air.at/en/
http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=4f236da8-4ea9-40c8-ba4c-9947f896f3d8

At first glance I could have mistaken that for an Embraer Super Tucano.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Saab Gripen. Don't think its South African though. I am liking this platform.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Seened:
Saab Gripen. Don't think its South African though. I am liking this platform.
Definitely not SAAF, 2 Sqd always has a false cockpit painted under the aircraft. Nice pic though!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nigerian Army

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
jln115:

That's exactly my point!!! A few nice pics and vids from a civilians just don't cut it!!

If our Militaries start spreading propaganda at just half the rate the US does it would do wonders for our PR systems!!

Imagine quality documentaries like Restrepo conducted on the front-lines of our troops?? Hell the MONUSCO deployment is more dangerous than the so called valley of death if one looks at fatality rates, and the war against Boko Harm makes korengal look like a walk in the park. Its really high time we start embedding journalists on our deployments.

Also MOVIES!!!!!! The US release some or other war propaganda film at least once a fvcking year!!! Hell some of them clearly show how they get their asses handed to them like in lone survivor!! Now image a movie about the FIBs defeat of the M23 or The Battle of Bangui or even a movie about the countless battles fought against Boko Harm?? Both SA and Nigeria have thriving movie industries so making a decent war film shouldn't be a problem.

verily I say unto you,Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but the spirit of patriotism
Lol

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Angolan Air Force AW109E Power

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
africaken254:
the situation within our border can't wait for the slow government bureaucracy
very few armed vehicle can withstand RPG.including indigenous armoured land cruiser. maybe some MRAP with slat armor n or active reaction armor can help but not necessary 100% safe
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
jln115:

I do agree, we do have quite a lot to do. Even we can have dedicated, trained military photographers or a bureau of military PR whose job is to release High Quality, H.D photos on a weekly basis across the tri-service , it would go along way to polishing the image of our militaries.

I know for a fact the Americans post atleast 1,000 H.D photos everyday across all branches of the American military.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2016
Odunayaw:
verily I say unto you,Flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but the spirit of patriotism
Lol
Hahaha obviously, but unfortunately most of South Africa's (White) society doesn't share my same view/patriotism about the SANDF as i do......They are all to busy being caught up on the negative spewed by the media which almost all of the time is false(Lots of the blame should also be attributed to the SANDFs appalling PR management)!! Also always comparing the old wartime SADF which had 5X the budget to the current SANDF.

Now don't get me wrong the SANDF faces lots of problems with budget constraints the largest, but the SADF wasn't perfect either, i can write paragraphs on all the accidents, corruption, negligence ect ect in the old SADF. BUT the major difference between the SANDF and the SADF(aside from the budget) was that the SADF was a propaganda machine, they knew how to invoke nationalism and pride, it was an honour to serve the SADF in those days. Today unfortunately joining the SANDF is mostly seen as inferior/Frowned upon....Its kind of a "he was to dumb/poor for University that's why he/she joined the military" story....I also feel servicemen and women don't get the same respect from the public they use to.

Now fortunately more and more youth are learning to see past all the superficial B.S spewed by the media. And although the SANDF has lost capabilities compared to the SADF(Well duh their budget decreased 500%), results in the DRC, CAR and MILCOMPs prove they are still among the most well trained soldiers in the world....And ironically these excellent achievement are never published by mainstream news outlets, you always have to look at military specific outlets like Defenceweb to ever see the good and truthful regarding the SANDF....and unfortunately the majority of South Africans have never heard of Defenceweb and never will.....and its for this exact reason the SANDF should up their propaganda game

P.S my father was conscripted into the SADF back in the 80s so its not like i know nothing about how it was back then.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 07, 2016
Henry240:

I do agree, we do have quite a lot to do. Even we can have dedicated, trained military photographers or a bureau of military PR whose job is to release High Quality, H.D photos on a weekly basis across the tri-service , it would go along way to polishing the image of our militaries.

I know for a fact the Americans post atleast 1,000 H.D photos everyday across all branches of the American military.

fvck photo's......I demand a fvcking movie....or at the very least a full length, hour+ documentary where journalists have been embedded on deployments for several weeks if not months.

Honestly im tired of watching US propaganda B.S.......I want to watch SAn propaganda B.S.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
jln115:

fvck photo's......I demand a fvcking movie....or at the very least a full length, hour+ documentary where journalists have been embedded on deployments for several weeks if not months.

Honestly im tired of watching US propaganda B.S.......I want to watch SAn propaganda B.S.

Lmao!!

You've literally gone ballistic!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
chinese8107:

very few armed vehicle can withstand RPG.including indigenous armoured land cruiser. maybe some MRAP with slat armor n or active reaction armor can help but not necessary 100% safe
the is a strong, lightweight net system which work in tandem as the first layer of armour .it works by which disrupts the shaped charge of the warhead by either crushing it, preventing optimal detonation from occurring, or by damaging the fuzing mechanism, preventing detonation outright.it is also light weight , easy install and uninstall when damaged compare to slatted armour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CWwnazOU6w
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 8:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE STRIKE ON BOKO HARAM LOGISTICS/COMMUNICATIONS HUB

The Nigerian Air Force on Wednesday, July 6, 2016 launched airstrikes on Boko Haram camps in the Northern part of Borno State, according to a statement.

“The air component of Operation Lafiya Dole recorded another major success Wednesday in its air campaign against the Boko Haram Terrorists as 2 x F-7Ni fighter aircraft struck a terrorists’ location at Northern Borno,” the air force’s spokesperson, Ayodele Famuyiwa said in a statement, e-mailed to The Trent on Thursday, July 7, 2016 said.

“The location lies between Tumbum Rego and Malkonory and is about 25km from Kangarwa where own surface forces are currently harboured.

“The location, as can be seen from the footage (below), harbours Boko Haram terrorist makeshift structures and about 4-6 clusters of solar panels which are used by the Terrorists to power communications equipment and for lighting.

“The latest strike is part of the air operations conducted by the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, in support of the efforts by own surface forces and the Multi National Joint Task Force to rid the northern part of Borno of the remnants Boko Haram terrorists in an operation codenamed Operation Gama Aiki.

“The location, prior to the strike, had been under surveillance for sometimes but was reported active by a NAF Beechcraft aircraft on Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission. Thereafter, the fighter aircraft were immediately scrambled for interdiction.

“The success of this operation is another major setback for the Boko Haram terrorists even as the NAF intensifies air operations in the Northeast against the insurgents.

“More so, it is instructive to note that the mission yesterday was conducted by crew amid the Salah celebration.

“This brings to fore the commitment of NAF personnel towards successfully bringing the hostility in the Northeast to an end within the shortest possible time,” the statement said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD-vSLc7PkU

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice strikes
BUT, i wonder why the Nigeria armed forces don't follow these raids up with massive helicopter borne QRF troop insertions and interdiction
For HVT capture and for Intelligence mining....

While precision bombing is good;pleeeease, cluster bomb the fu... out of those rag-heads

rugged7:
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE STRIKE ON BOKO HARAM LOGISTICS/COMMUNICATIONS HUB

The Nigerian Air Force on Wednesday, July 6, 2016 launched airstrikes on Boko Haram camps in the Northern part of Borno State, according to a statement.

“The air component of Operation Lafiya Dole recorded another major success Wednesday in its air campaign against the Boko Haram Terrorists as 2 x F-7Ni fighter aircraft struck a terrorists’ location at Northern Borno,” the air force’s spokesperson, Ayodele Famuyiwa said in a statement, e-mailed to The Trent on Thursday, July 7, 2016 said.

“The location lies between Tumbum Rego and Malkonory and is about 25km from Kangarwa where own surface forces are currently harboured.

“The location, as can be seen from the footage (below), harbours Boko Haram terrorist makeshift structures and about 4-6 clusters of solar panels which are used by the Terrorists to power communications equipment and for lighting.

“The latest strike is part of the air operations conducted by the Nigerian Air Force, NAF, in support of the efforts by own surface forces and the Multi National Joint Task Force to rid the northern part of Borno of the remnants Boko Haram terrorists in an operation codenamed Operation Gama Aiki.

“The location, prior to the strike, had been under surveillance for sometimes but was reported active by a NAF Beechcraft aircraft on Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) mission. Thereafter, the fighter aircraft were immediately scrambled for interdiction.

“The success of this operation is another major setback for the Boko Haram terrorists even as the NAF intensifies air operations in the Northeast against the insurgents.

“More so, it is instructive to note that the mission yesterday was conducted by crew amid the Salah celebration.

“This brings to fore the commitment of NAF personnel towards successfully bringing the hostility in the Northeast to an end within the shortest possible time,” the statement said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD-vSLc7PkU

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.