Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,698 members, 7,862,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6031880 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 9:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
gottfried21:
*Off topic*
Military coup underway in Turkey

This is what Erdogan policies have brought to Turkey. It does seem the coup is failing though. Still a developing story.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Just read an article that mentioned that poached rhino horns are smuggled out of the country through the navy base at Walvis Bay by the Chinese angry

http://earthjournalism.net/stories/the-epicentre-of-namibia2019s-rhino-poaching

I think china has banned this trading items,how could this still ? maybe just like ivory or drugs.The more you ban the higher the price.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 9:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
OFF TOPIC

***BREAKING, there has been a confirmed coup in Turkey. The Army has taken over the country. Turkey's Military General Staff has just confirmed it.

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
Henry24o:
OFF TOPIC

***BREAKING, there has been a confirmed coup in Turkey. The Army has taken over the country. Turkey's Military General Staff has just confirmed it.

Oh my God.... shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
**OFF-TOPIC

It seems the U.S is in support of the coup, John Kerry just released a statement. He isn't condemning the coup, neither was there any word on democracy.

*** Reports claim Erdogan has fled the country in his private jet. Reports also claim military attack helicopters engage police units and Turkish Interior ministry.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EFX001: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2016
E don happen lmao......probably heading to Qatar
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:31pm On Jul 15, 2016
My only question is why were there F-16's zooming about?

To shoot down the fleeing Erdogan Maybe
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 10:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
gottfried21:

It's a normal practice during an on-going coup, and maybe to take on Internal ministry armed personnel (Police and any other domestic agency)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
gottfried21:

to let enemy of the state dat d military is able and capable.

enemy of the state such as Greece Israel Russia.etc

and possibly try to apprehend the president if he tries to flee
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
EFX001:
E don happen lmao......probably heading to Qatar

They are unconfirmed reports though.

More reports are claiming he is seeking asylum in Germany.

....Oh the Irony, just like the Syrian refugees.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
***OFF-Topic,
COUP in Turkey.

Turkish attack helicopters firing on Turkey's intelligence headquarters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Sparrow13: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
so at last Erdogan is going down before Assad ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
Henry24o:
***OFF-Topic,

COUP in Turkey.

Turkish attack helicopters firing on Turkey's intelligence headquarters.
what the F..... just woke up ,jesus !every page i like is going crazy about this story.i am just watching videos i can't believe !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
stupid anti spam bot locked me out. grin

i am not shedding any tears for ergoden

but the coup might go anyway, so will wait for the final results.

repercussions in other parts of world ?

i kind of suspect little bit of external help of fsb and cia
fsb and cia have collaborated before
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2016
Turkey's beleaguered president addresses country on FaceTime

Turkey's president resorted to FaceTime in an attempt to rally people against a military coup.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was forced to use an iPhone's video chat feature to address the country.
He used FaceTime in an interview with CNN Türk, this network's partner in Turkey.
"Go to the streets and give them their answer," Erdoğan urged as the reporter held up her phone to the network's camera. "I am coming to a square in Ankara."
"This was done from outside the chain of command," he said. He said the lower officers had rebelled against senior officers.
"Those who are responsible, we will give them the necessary punishment," Erdoğan said.
It was not clear where he was speaking from.
read more http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/15/technology/turkey-coup-facetime-interview/index.html?sr=fbcnni071516turkey-coup-facetime-interview1018PMStoryLink&linkId=26616497
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 11:43pm On Jul 15, 2016
africaken254:
what the F..... just woke up ,jesus !every page i like is going crazy about this story.i am just watching videos i can't believe !

Turkish Armed Forces bombed Police HQ, while Turkey's main Intelligence agency is up in flames after Gunship attacks on it.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2016
**Off topic development*
Turkish army tanks have surrounded the Parliament building and have opened fire
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2016
nemesis2u:
stupid anti spam bot locked me out. grin

i am not shedding any tears for ergoden

but the coup might go anyway, so will wait for the final results.

repercussions in other parts of world ?

i kind of suspect little bit of external help of fsb and cia
fsb and cia have collaborated before

Yes, the coup has the full backing of the U.S, Russia and E.U. None of them are condemning the coup.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
gottfried21:
**Off topic development*
Turkish army tanks have surrounded the Parliament building and have opened fire
does anyone get the feeling its like we are back in the 70s ,with things currently happening around us
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 11:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
africaken254:
does anyone get the feeling its like we are back in the 70s ,with things currently happening around us

We have to wait till daybreak, the situation in Turkey is still fluid. There are reports of possible insurrections within the army itself.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:55pm On Jul 15, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKKfd-CUaTk
Sorry for all the Off-Topic posts,But I figured I'd share some footage of a Turkish Army Cobra attack helicopter firing at the Central Intelligence office
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 11:57pm On Jul 15, 2016
It seems the coup in Turkey has failed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
Henry24o:

We have to wait till daybreak, the situation in Turkey is still fluid. There are reports of possible insurrections within the army itself.
this should be a warning to our politicians ,ignore the military and concentrate on the people because you can manipulate them and see what will happen
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 16, 2016
coup failing.....

darn disappointing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Henry24o:
It seems the coup in Turkey has failed.
a few people tried to protest ,they got shoot on the Istanbul bosphorus bridge .if it was a failure erdogan would be on tv trying to reassure his followers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 12:10am On Jul 16, 2016
F.uck up, the attempted coup has failed.

I pity the citizens
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Henry24o: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2016
africaken254:
a few people tried to protest ,they got shoot on the Istanbul bosphorus bridge .if it was a failure erdogan would be on tv trying to reassure his followers

......It is failing! We would get a clearer picture by morning.

The world would be a much safer place without Erdogan in power, i really wanted him(Erdogan) removed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2016
those are police getting strafed by cobra gunship ,17 reported dead ,sorry i had posted the wrong video earlier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoW4p503mRk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 16, 2016
conflicting reports comming in

aljazzera supporting ergoden saying coup failed

others saying things r not normal.

me thinks even if coup fails, Turkish army has a mutiny at hands.

i hope our intelligence sleuths tracking isis recruiters are safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Toju200(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.