Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,516 members, 7,861,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (560) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030437 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 27, 2016
gottfried21:

Would you be comfortable with them facing him?
grin I saw the SANDF Armed forces day parade, those guys actually turn the turrets towards their CiC when marching past their CiC
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Nigerian Army Commandos bury their comrade.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2016
Algerian Navy new mine hunter " el kasseh 1" a modified version of the Katanpaa class mine countermeasure vessels .

Algeria is changing it's military doctrine in Navy to NATO standards

General characteristics for the standard Katanpaa class in service in Finnish Navy

Type: Mine countermeasure vessel
Displacement: 680 tons
Length: 52.45 m (172.1 ft)
Beam: 9.47 m (31.1 ft)
Draught: 3.15 m (10.3 ft)

Installed power: 2 × MTU 8V-396-TE74 (2 × 1,000 kW)[2]
Propulsion: Diesel-electric with two Voith Schneider 18 GH/135-PP propellers[2]
Speed: 13 knots (24 km/h; 15 mph)
Range: 1,500 nautical miles (2,800 km; 1,700 mi)
Complement: 34–38[3]

Underwater vehicles: Kongsberg HUGIN AUV
Kongsberg REMUS 100 AUV
Saab Underwater Systems Double Eagle Mark II ROV
Atlas Elektronik SeaFox I ROV
Sensors andprocessing systems:
Atlas Elektronik integrated mine countermeasure system
Kongsberg EM-710 RD multibeam echosounder
Kongsberg TOPAS echosounder
Klein Associates Klein 5500 towed side-scanning sonar
Kongsberg HiPAP underwater positioning system
Armament:
Bofors 40 mm L/70
Depth charges

the Katanpaa class Finnish Navy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_cQXliD7ao

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2016
Moroccan Army receive their firsts Abrams M1A1

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
pic 1.2.3 Ezzadjer 922 C28A corvette class Algerian Navy

pic 4 the second algerian Meko A-200AN 911 final test before delivry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 27, 2016
chkil:
pic 1.2.3 Ezzadjer 922 C28A corvette class Algerian Navy

pic 4 the second algerian Meko A-200AN 911 final test before delivry

In all, how many new ships are coming in or have been delivered?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

grin I saw the SANDF Armed forces day parade, those guys actually turn the turrets towards their CiC when marching past their CiC

Towards and down

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

In all, how many new ships are coming in or have been delivered?

from what i know for this last years :

2 frigate meko 200 AN (910-911)..........................one received this year the second very soon
3 C28A class corvet (920-921-922) ..................... all received this year 2016 and in service
3 Tiger steregushchy corvet Class ....................... in command delivry in 2017
2 Kilo 636M submarines ......................................command in 2014 , delivry 1st for 2017 and 2nd 2018 (there is 4 in service now)
3 mine countermeasure vessels (Katanpaa class).....one received
1 LPD de classe San Giorgio (474) ...................... received in 2014
3 tug boat type UT 515 CD (701-702-703)...............received in 2012
21 patroller boat Classe Ocea FPB 98 MKI (received in 2010) and 12 Alusafe 2000 class
1 Sail Training Vessel 3000 ...................................will be delivred soon

+ helicopters with corvets and fregate ( EH101- AW159 Wildcat1 - Super Lynx Mk.140 )
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by klhazhik(m): 3:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Army Commandos bury their comrade.

Ur war z over..., soldier
Ur fight z over..., gallant
ten thousand miles away u lay down ur life...
fighting for wat u think z ryte...
fighting for d freedom of ur people...
u fight and fight...
leaving ur love ones back home....
leaving back ur peaceful home...
on d frontline u live...
in the name of call of duty...
u name shall neva wash away...
even in d face of million wash flood...
the sacrificed u made, shall neva be in vain...
In this the Land of the Free and the home of the
brave...
heaven shall open,
and recieve DESTROYER back home....
rest in d chest of ur GOD...
UR WAR Z OVER...., GALLANT

#peacemustreign
#nigeriauniteagainstterrorist
#noagainboko

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
Looks like the SANDF's T5 deal is going to happen.

Seems it was financed by the sale of 6 units of G6 Rhino from SANDF stocks.

Will be a very neat acquisition and will give our air-mobile units a big boost.

Best thing is that it has 5(?) round simultanious hit on targets under 30km, meaning one gun can fire 5(?) shells on different trajectories and have them all hit the target at the same time... meaning a battery of 6 guns could land 30 shells on target simultaneously.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
off topic:i wish kenya air force was able to carry out such airstrikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPPPybddQ0A
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
africaken254:
off topic:i wish kenya air force was able to carry out such airstrikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPPPybddQ0A

Only thing is, i don't see the economic value of blowing up a $3,000 car with a 25,000 bomb.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
patches689:
Looks like the SANDF's T5 deal is going to happen.

Seems it was financed by the sale of 6 units of G6 Rhino from SANDF stocks.

Will be a very neat acquisition and will give our air-mobile units a big boost.

Best thing is that it has 5(?) round simultanious hit on targets under 30km, meaning one gun can fire 5(?) shells on different trajectories and have them all hit the target at the same time... meaning a battery of 6 guns could land 30 shells on target simultaneously.
Too heavy and huge to be of great use by light forces.

I'd be celebrating if it was the G7 105mm howitzer.

Let us hope battery numbers will be increased to 8 guns per battery with defence review implementation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

Only thing is, i don't see the economic value of blowing up a $3,000 car with a 25,000 bomb.
to americans $ 25,000 is nothing if they can afford to air condition a bunker in a isolated afghan outpost
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
africaken254:
to americans $ 25,000 is nothing if they can afford to air condition a bunker in a isolated afghan outpost

I was speaking in your earlier reference to kenya. In Nigeria we only use PGMs on very HVT, it's expensive. MK82 bombs from F-7s and Rockets from Alpha jets are enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

I was speaking in your earlier reference to kenya. In Nigeria we only use PGMs on very HVT, it's expensive. MK82 bombs from F-7s and Rockets from Alpha jets are enough.
another way to cut cost is to manufacture MK82 munitions and then buy the fuses or laser/GPS guided kit,Which we can acquire from US at halve the cost through United States Foreign Military Financing.its time i believe we become self reliant like Ethiopia,i believe this is achievable if only senior KDF command wanted

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry24o:

Availability.
In terms of rotation between refits and maintenance?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

That kind of thinking is what's killing us as Africans, believe me killing a Terrorist with a $25,000 or $100,000 Bomb is a very small price to pay.. Terrorists are capable of causing millions of Dollars in damage..whether it's blowing up a $3,000 car or $100 Tent, the fact is you are stopping someone who might kill your people... It's worth it.

Remember "What is save in cash will be paid for in blood"
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
Odunayaw:
and who says a 58m OPV can't patrol "long range" ..I mean what is the full mean of OPV(don't answer this)
Offshore patrol vessel.

Bigger vessels allows one to patrol away from home and in roughly seas.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
Centrifude:

That kind of thinking is what's killing us as Africans, believe me killing a Terrorist with a $25,000 or $100,000 Bomb is a very small price to pay.. Terrorists are capable of causing millions of Dollars in damage..whether it's blowing up a $3,000 car or $100 Tent, the fact is you are stopping someone who might kill your people... It's worth it.

@Centrifude african's will live in a mansionette full of priceless electronics,furniture,vehicles e.t.c but at the entrance of his gate .he hires a security guard armed with a club,who he pays peanuts undecided

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
africaken254:
another way to cut cost is to manufacture MK82 munitions and then buy the fuses or laser/GPS guided kit,Which we can acquire from US at halve the cost through United States Foreign Military Financing.its time i believe we become self reliant like Ethiopia,i believe this is achievable if only senior KDF command wanted
The bombs and fuses are easy to produce.

Knowing the enemy would return to the scene of battle shortly to try retrieve or assess the damage, SA AF would use unguided fused bombs as "mines". Some exploding days being dropped.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
Off Topic:
Guys where is @Agaugust??
Lol @patches did you finally decide to get rid of the Guy?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
Centrifude:

Rubbish!!

There are cost effective ways to doing things, and this is what I'm saying. $25,000/bomb x 1000 targets = $25 million, which African Air Force can afford that amount on bombs alone per month?

Flight cost and maintenance cost not included.

Practicality.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Pic 1. Nigerian paratroopers
Pic 2. AFSF commando

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 27, 2016
SANDF in the DRC.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
Henry240:

Rubbish!!

There are cost effective ways to doing things, and this is what I'm saying. $25,000/bomb x 1000 targets = $25 million, which African Air Force can afford that amount on bombs alone per month?

Flight cost and maintenance cost not included.

Practicality.
so you would rather waste 10 mark 82 bombs costing $2,000 each than spend $20,000 on one GBU-12 !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
4 Recce - Iron fist from the sea!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2016
Senegalese soldiers with the 1st Paratrooper Battalion move to clear a building during urban operations training July 17 in Thies, Senegal as part of Africa Readiness Training 16. ART16 is a U.S. Army Africa exercise designed to increase U.S. and Senegalese readiness and partnership through combined infantry training and live-fire events.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 28, 2016
kenya police officers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 28, 2016
africaken254:
so you would rather waste 10 mark 82 bombs costing $2,000 each than spend $20,000 on one GBU-12 !

Who told you the MK82 bombs are a waste? Are you going to fund the use of smart bombs on every target?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2016
Tunisian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 28, 2016
Egypt Navy first submarine Type 209 /1400 test in sea , they command 2

in the 2nd pic we can see the Algerian MEKO behind the egyptian type 209 submarine

(1) (2) (3) ... (557) (558) (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.