Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:50 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6016726 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Henry240:
Proforce ARA MRAP

DIMENSIONS :

LENGTH : 6800mm

HEIGHT : 2500mm

WIDTH : 2500mm

WHEELBASE : 3500mm

GROUND CLEARANCE : 250mm

GVW : 19 Ton

PAYLOAD : 3000kg

ENGINE : 218 @ 2200rpm

GEARBOX : Allison 6 Speed Automatic

APPROACH ANGLE : 40deg

DEPARTURE ANGLE : 60deg

MAX SPEED : 96km/h

FUEL TANK CAPACITY : 200 L

The ARA is integrated with a fully independent
suspension system.
The independent suspension provides controlled and
superior mobility
off-road and tough conditions.

The ARA’s traction and small turning circle gives it
superior manoeuvrability through tight areas.
This capability combined with a powerful engine in four-
wheel drive train provides the ARA MRAP to deal with
extremely rough terrain effortlessly.
The ARA utilizes heavy duty tires that is intended for all
terrain operations.

Tire inflation system keeps tired correctly inflated with
up to four bullet punctures.
While the internal vehicle run-flat system keeps a
vehicle operational even when the tire is damaged.
ARA’S FIREPOWER

360 visibility, multiple cameras and monitors. a variety
of weapons including a 50 caliber machine gun can be
mounted on the 360 roof turret. Which can be opened
and fully enclosed.

TURRET MANUAL OR MOTOR CONTROLLED

1. VARIOUS SIZES AND PROFILES

2. PROGRAMMABLE

3. MULTIPLE JOYSTICK INPUTS OR THUMB CONTROL
A wide range of optional extras available including
electronic countermeasures, grenade launchers, C4IS
systems, NBC protection systems
Sidewall gun ports and the option to fit side facing roof
hatch. The occupants can defend themselves in safety.
The ARA’s Protection capability comes with full spectrum
hybrid armour systems.

As standard, the vehicle armour protection systems is
independently tested for STANAG levels and above, and
is designed to be fully up-gradable. The ARA can be
equipped with slat armours and iron curtains to protect
against RPGs.

The can be fitted with unique hybrid passive and
reactive armours for effective defence against IEDs, EFPs

Good job, next, reverse enginering an APC has its export market. my ideal APC sould be as low as BTR-80 allow troops to mouting on the top or getting off quicklly.but not nececerily as sophisticated as BTR-80.thus save the job of pick-up truck
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2016
chkil:
Pantsyr-S1 [Sa-22 Greyhound] Janus version algerian air defence

for short and medium air defense work with the S-300 PMU2 ,Tor-M2, Buk-M2, S-125 Petchora M2 in algeria

I say watch out for algeria military...

Am impressed by there recent hardware acquisition.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Such an epic pic. SAAF C-130, but not sure who the jumpers are. Pic by MARS, saairforce forum.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
africaken254:
Kenya defence forces

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4249283_kdfmany2_jpegdfde2667c666556c8db4b1b5e805a6d5
Every time I see the WZ551 I wonder why the designer cannot make the APC lower,as low as BTR-80,that can allow to carry troops on the top.no technical difficulty but pure design maybe they want people sit inside more comfortable but war is not comfortable.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
ssaengine:
Such an epic pic. SAAF C-130, but not sure who the jumpers are. Pic by MARS, saairforce forum.

It was these guys, from 7 Medical Battalion Group.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2016
chinese8107:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4249283_kdfmany2_jpegdfde2667c666556c8db4b1b5e805a6d5
Every time I see the WZ551 I wonder why the designer cannot make the APC lower,as low as BTR-80,that can allow to carry troops on the top.no technical difficulty but pure design maybe they want people sit inside more comfortable but war is not comfortable.

Say what now? shocked

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
frumentius:

Say what now? shocked

stupid designer does not experience war.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
chinese8107:

Good job, next, reverse enginering an APC has its export market. my ideal APC sould be as low as BTR-80 allow troops to mouting on the top or getting off quicklly.but not nececerily as sophisticated as BTR-80.thus save the job of pick-up truck

I don't get your first sentence. Can you re-phrase?

MRAPs are designed to be that high in other to provide room for deflection of blasts when a vehicle hits an IED or Mine.

I don't like the idea of troops sitting on top of APCs. It leaves the soldiers vulnerable to ambush.

As for the pick-up, they have come to stay, and are part and parcel of our Motorised infantry vehicles. I don't think there is any army that can field all mechanized infantry. It is expensive and not realistic.

Although we do have Toyota based Light Armoured Vehicles which we make that can replace some of the pick-ups we deploy in service.

Replacing scout cars such as the Panhard VBL.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
frumentius:

You'll find that the Recces utilise kit for specific missions. BTW, there's a specific division at CSIR, Technology for Special Operations (TSO), dedicated towards servicing the needs of SASFB, STF of the SAPS, the Pathfinders, the MRS and the CAT of the PPU.

That Casspir shocked shocked

Now that is enough DAKKA-DAKKA

My D.i.c.k can cut diamonds right now

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
chinese8107:

stupid designer does not experience war.

Clearly neither have you. Why not just use flatbed trucks then? This guy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
Henry240:

MRAPs are designed to be that high in other to provide room for deflection of blasts when a vehicle hits an IED or Mine.

I don't like the idea of troops sitting on top of APCs. It leaves the soldiers vulnerable to ambush.

As for the pick-up, they have come to stay, and are part and parcel of our Motorised infantry vehicles. I don't think there is any army that can field all mechanized infantry. It is expensive and not realistic.

Although we do have Toyota based Light Armoured Vehicles which we make that can replace some of the pick-ups we deploy in service.

Replacing scout cars such as the Panhard VBL.

Slavs sit on top for the quick dismount, it's also a "tradition" that dates back to ww2 and was helped along by shitty cold war designs

Doesn't matter what you give them, or how long you spend on the training field... As soon as they get into the operational area they start surfing IFVs.

It's just how they are.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
chinese8107:
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?

Ever heard about HE bombs?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2016
patches689:

Slavs sit on top for the quick dismount, it's also a "tradition" that dates back to ww2 and was helped along by shitty cold war designs

Doesn't matter what you give them, or how long you spend on the training field... As soon as they get into the operational area they start surfing IFVs.

It's just how they are.

Buhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.......

My ribs are hurting........ They be surfing IFVs like they on the atlantic.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
patches689:

It's just how they are.

If they'd fought wars similar to our part of the world, they'd learn soon enough. Funny enough, the Russians clamped down after Georgia. The Croats have stopped that nonsense, now they're part of NATO.
You're right though, crappily-designed APCs didn't help.
And some internet warriors think this is the done thing!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2016
tdayof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aOtj_DdBro

Isn't this the best NAF video yet. To think i almost passed it as just another BHT hunting video from the staples of the NAF.

I'm wondering why NAF attacked the position with 3 jets. 2 F-7NI and one Alpha jet. The NAF fuel consumption report did state the NAF flies in formation. So it is, 2 F-7ni and 2 Alpha jets.

The first F-7 drops it loads, the Alpha jets releases a Salvo of rockets. That one unlucky Boko must have thought he was free as he fled, until the 2nd F-7NI butt-blasted him to paradise.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
patches689:

It's just how they are.
In some battlefield in the 80s.

Rebels would fall from IFVs they were riding on top. Troops inside would observe fellow kwachas quickly taking weapons, and other personal things from their fallen comrades and bury in shallow graves.

HE shells or bombs are deadly.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Henry240:

Isn't this the best NAF video yet. To think i almost passed it as just another BHT hunting video from the staples of the NAF.

I'm wondering why NAF attacked the position with 3 jets. 2 F-7NI and one Alpha jet. The NAF fuel consumption report did state the NAF flies in formation. So it is, 2 F-7ni and 2 Alpha jets.

The first F-7 drops it loads, the Alpha jets releases a Salvo of rockets. That one unlucky Boko must have thought he was free as he fled, until the 2nd F-7NI butt-blasted him to paradise.

The video is cool. We just need good assets that will be able to deliver a precision guided bomb capable of inflicting more damage.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
chinese8107:
WZ551 lack a V shaped hull thus vulnerable to anti-tank mines and IED,An ethiopia convoy was wiped out by alshabaab after WZ551 APC was blown up by an IED.The only protection for the whole convoy.i didn't understand why china could build such an APC knowing very well the wide spread use of IED's by insurgents
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2016
frumentius:

Clearly neither have you. Why not just use flatbed trucks then? This guy

LOL, China does not have war for more than 30 years.WZ551 was designed in1980-90s, after the China-Vietnam border clashes.WZ551 has little battle experience in China,maybe has in other place of the world. BTR-80 is lower in height it was designed under the soviet doctrines" lower is safer".and in Russia or Eastern Europe flat plain or grassland.This could not be too wrong.And easy to embark or disembark .troops can sit on the top.easy to jump up and down.

however a higher vheicle also has it's advantage,especially for the gunner it can see farther ,more internal space etc.

which is better deponds on the user's enviroment.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
africaken254:
WZ551 lack a V shaped hull thus vulnerable to anti-tank mines and IED,An ethiopia convoy was wiped out by alshabaab after WZ551 APC was blown up by an IED.The only protection for the whole convoy.i didn't understand why china could build such an APC knowing very well the wide spread use of IED's by insurgents
sorry. it not an MRAP ,yes vulnerable. any type of vheicle has some certain usage. APC is not as good as MRAP in terms of anti-IED capacity.

merely an APC , without MRAP or mine sweeping device or scouting vheicle is vulnerable for ambush.They should let an MRAP go first in the convoy

plus WZ551 designed decades ago, really needs some upgardes in armor and protection.
pic 3 latest wz551 (VN2C) with anti-IED design

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
Henry240:

Beautiful, i love the upgrades done on NAF MI-17 Terminator helicopters. We are expecting 6 Terminator1SH helicopters, that's if that signed deal is still ongoing.

Additional MI-17s and MI-35M helicopters can only mean good news for the Air Force. We just need those JF-17s in....... like now.
oga henry i swear the wait has killed my enthusiaism .where are the first batch of three jf 17 thunders haba the state i am now i can accept even g kafir block 60 or a su 21
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 7:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
Nigerdeltaboi:
cheers to the newly promoted officers and men of the Nigerian Army , Death machine i hear say eagle don land for your shoulder, come and wash it o grin
hehehehehehehehei oga naijadeltaboi nah true my able deathmachine nah major now?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2016
Cannonleo:
hehehehehehehehei oga naijadeltaboi nah true my able deathmachine nah major now?
yea sir
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2016
DRC army.
FARDC.
Late Colonel Mamadou Ndala.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
chinese8107:

sorry. it not an MRAP ,yes vulnerable. any type of vheicle has some certain usage. APC is not as good as MRAP in terms of anti-IED capacity.

merely an APC , without MRAP or mine sweeping device or scouting vheicle is vulnerable for ambush.

plus WZ551 designed decades ago, really needs some upgardes in armor and protection.
pic 3 latest wz551 (VN2C) with anti-IED design
most APC's in production today are being redesigned to either have a double hull or V shaped hull ,so as to withstand mines and IED's

Terrex AV81

Armored personnel carrier

The Terrex AV81 8x8 wheeled armored personnel carrier was originally developed in Ireland by Timoney for Singapore Technologies Kinetics. Vehicle underwent initial trials in Ireland and United Kingdom and was shipped to Singapore for evaluation in late 2000. Production commenced in 2006. The Singapore Armed Forces acquired at least 135 Terrex armored personnel carriers.Vehicle has a double V-shaped hull, which deflects mine blasts. It can withstand up to 12 kg TNT explosion under the hull and the vehicle still keep on moving.
read morehttp://www.military-today.com/apc/terrex_av81.htm
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
Henry240:

I don't like the idea of troops sitting on top of APCs. It leaves the soldiers vulnerable to ambush

I mean reverse engineering a BTR-80 sort of APC (if possible) may find some market.

good or not, it depends on the battlefield enviroment. But Russian still use BTR-80/90. very low in height. Vulnerable to ambush but they have other device to detect the enemy and aviod ambush.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2016
tdayof:

The video is cool. We just need good assets that will be able to deliver a precision guided bomb capable of inflicting more damage.

Our CH-3As deliver PGM. I think what we need is a plane that can carry more bombs. The JF-17 is taking abit too long to deliver. The initial 3 units were supposed to be fast-tracked deliveries, and the Air Force said september.

A JF-17 or 2 units with this configuration would do just fine. Dual bomb racks on 4 hard-points, while the center line carries the drop-tanks.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
MikeCZA:
DRC army.

FARDC.

Late Colonel Mamadou Ndala.

I remember how his troops cried when they lost him. I can still hear them wailing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Cannonleo:
oga henry i swear the wait has killed my enthusiaism .where are the first batch of three jf 17 thunders haba the state i am now i can accept even g kafir block 60 or a su 21

We are still waiting. First they said September, now i am hearing November. Although photos have surfaced of some of our pilots training in Pakistan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2016
kenya air force DHC-5 Buffalo aircraft

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2016
Henry240:

I remember how his troops cried when they lost him. I can still hear them wailing.
1 January 2014.

Charismatic leader.

Strange that both him and his boss. The guys who were critical in defeating M23(which was said to be supported by some neighbouring nations) are now gone.

FIBUA training.

(1) (2) (3) ... (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.