Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5983307 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2014
@henry120 any news weda the T64 oplot don show naija since that airport wahala for kiev.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2014
Was at bonny camp yesterday and had a chat with some charlie's angels grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2014
jteku:
@henry120 any news weda the T64 oplot don show naija since that airport wahala for kiev.

Not yet.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Henry120:

Not yet.

Thanks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nigeria27: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
with the arrival of the t72's i believe we should start utilizing thunder run tactics into boko harem bases and occupied towns , boko will probably catch on to the tactic by the third time so we should but a mine clearance tank in front this will could be used as a skirmishing attack to soften up there positions followed by artillery as soon as the tanks are gone and then a mechinzed charge with the t 72s and our bmps under artlirty cover
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
The contract with a value of more than 3.3 million zł with Nigeria for the supply of 1,000 automatic rifles to Beryl M762 7.62 mm ammunition x 39, along with repair kits and training, was signed in mid 2014. Due to bureaucratic turmoil on obtaining appropriate approvals Polish export, as well as the financing of the transaction itself informed about it until now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:17am On Dec 24, 2014
Swaziland Royal Guard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 24, 2014
sir beegeagle is back !

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2014

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ehemwhy(m): 11:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
NIMASA

88 meter, 2535 ton former Norwegian Navy auxiliary ship now serving under Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) as a Fisheries protection and an Offshore Patrol vessel.

Beegeagle.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nigerian Navy OPV

Beegeagle.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
Henry120:
Nigerian Navy OPV

Beegeagle.
The photo looks so professional.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
Future NA officers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2014
NNS thunder and crew
Andoni on patrol
Andoni with crew saluting
Tactical formation of ships during exercise majepo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
bidexiii:
Future NA officers
what is the name of this long gun? I think the NDLEA uses it too.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 6:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
Henry120:

Nobody wants the HK G36C, not even the Germans. The French GIGN have dumped it, while german troops keep complaining about the rifle. It is also very High on maintenance.

Besides the G36 would perform poorly in our climate.

The Barrett is an amazing sniper rifle, but if you ain't looking to bring down a satellite in space, I see no reason for it. The SSG-69 our sniper teams use is a very effective sniper rifle, plus Draganov's have also been added to N.A sniper inventory.

The A.K our police use are called AK-L 74. They are an up-graded 74, no reason why they should change it.

The Kris is another over-rated weapon. The P90's are the perfect PDM's. They house more rounds the older MP5 and they basically shoot the same 9mm round.

I agree with you on most of your point. But I don't thing the HK MP5 uses same rounds as the FN P90.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SergeAlain: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
The 'long gun' as you call it is the immortal originally Belgian FN (Fabrique nationale) rifle. The standard issue weapon of the Nigerian army from time immemorial. It only gave way to the AK 47 over the last 15-18 years. Thus it has been relegated to second tier units and training establishment. However, its still a very capable Automatic rifle.

craziebone:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
ocelot2006:

I agree with you on most of your point. But I don't thing the HK MP5 uses same rounds as the FN P90.

They both use the 9mm round.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:08pm On Dec 24, 2014
craziebone:
FN FAL iTs a belgian battle riffle,its was the standard battle riffle for all NA soldiers before the AK's was introduced !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:10am On Dec 25, 2014
A favourite of mine,A Kenyan soldier back to back with a Matt Damon movie poster during the Westgate mall attack.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:04am On Dec 25, 2014
Namibian Police Reserve force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas Everybody.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 25, 2014
Nigerian Army T-72

beegeagle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:29am On Dec 25, 2014
Henry120:
Nigerian Army T-72

beegeagle.
Now there is enough proof for doughting thomas ..... We just need some that mine sweepers can be fitted infront to clear mines or IED.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 25, 2014
bidexiii:

Now there is enough proof for doughting thomas ..... We just need some that mine sweepers can be fitted infront to clear mines or IED.

I think this is what we got.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 25, 2014
NAF's New MI-35m helicopter

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by celeron40(m): 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2014
Henry120:
So its here..Nice photo..the question is, are rocket pods all we can mount on our gunships? ..Nice paintjob though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by charlos14: 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
Henry120:

Looks similar to the Libyan Mi24 hind.

http://www.milaviapress.com/orbat/libya/afmi24hind/image.jpg

I hope these bastards didn't cheat the airforce out of the night vision model.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
charlos14:

Looks similar to the Libyan Mi24 hind.

http://www.milaviapress.com/orbat/libya/afmi24hind/image.jpg

I hope these bastards didn't cheat the airforce out of the night vision model.

That's impossible.

Their camos are similar though.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
celeron40:
So its here..Nice photo..the question is, are rocket pods all we can mount on our gunships? ..Nice paintjob though.

I don't like the paint job, why didn't they go for the all grey colour. It looks too 3rd world ish.

Rockets + main gun, are all we need.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by charlos14: 9:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
Henry120:

That's impossible.

Their camos are similar though.

Thank God for the reassurance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.