Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each (948 Views)

Family Considers Killing 10-year-old Daughter After She Was Raped / Bryan Singer Filed A Motion To Dismiss Sex Abuse Case! You'll Never Believe What / 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by MyTempID: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2008
So do you guys agree Michigan and Florida should be awarded all delegates which count as 1/2 vote each?
The YES vote 19 in favor, 8 oppose.

As an aside, Obama has decided to resign from the Chicago church where controversial sermons by the reverend Jeremiah Wright created a political circus.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by davidif: 12:31am On Jun 01, 2008
i can't believe this, they shouldn't have seated a single one of them, rules are rules and they are meant to be followed or you face the consequences of your actions.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by MyTempID: 1:05am On Jun 01, 2008
So you're proposing that the 600,000 voters from Michigan should not have mattered?
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by NegroNtns(m): 1:19am On Jun 01, 2008
America goes around forcing people to adopt democracy. It goes around the globe monitoring elections. This is the second time around, first in 2004 and now this mess. Let's see how good America is at validating its own democracy at home.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by 4Him1(m): 1:21am On Jun 01, 2008
MyTempID:

So you're proposing that the 600,000 voters from Michigan should not have mattered?

Clinton agreed to those rules as early as nov probably in the misguided belief that it would not have mattered since she would have sewn up the nomination after super tuesday.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by savanaha: 1:26am On Jun 01, 2008
Well seeing as Clinton wants it so bad give it her but it probably won't help her.

Wright is being silly but those that want to make his statements a reflection of Obama's beliefs are stagnant idiots.
Soon they will take that lunatic Manning serious.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by sheniqua: 1:46am On Jun 01, 2008
MyTempID:

So do you guys agree Michigan and Florida should be awarded all delegates which count as 1/2 vote each?
The YES vote 19 in favor, 8 oppose.

As an aside, Obama has decided to resign from the Chicago church where controversial sermons by the reverend Jeremiah Wright created a political circus.

My oga is celebrating the welcome compromise.
Obama is a few tens away from victory.
I'm already in celebration mode
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by RThESlyR: 1:51am On Jun 01, 2008
Obama has won already. . . . . cool
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by MyTempID: 2:10am On Jun 01, 2008
you're right @ 4 him. Also, Obama is so far ahead of Clinton now that she might as well start eating his dust.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by NegroNtns(m): 2:18am On Jun 01, 2008
Shaniqua, I thought you were I bed.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by MyTempID: 2:22am On Jun 01, 2008
Even as the race nears its end, I thought they would continue to pursue the delegates from Michigan and Florida as an adage to fairness.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by NegroNtns(m): 2:30am On Jun 01, 2008
Bottom line of this election is who can win the most electoral votes durib the general. The electoral college is like Superdelegates, they vote based on who they believe will move the country's interest forward. Their vote is not tied to popular votes or delegate counts. So between Obama & McCain, and Clinton & McCain; who do you think they will vote for? Put into cosideration the fact that they are majority institutionalized whites. Give your thoughts,
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by Ruth08(f): 2:32am On Jun 01, 2008
Sometimes the name sounds like OSAMA and my blood runs cold  shocked, i hope the are not cousins. Make ibegin pack my load, cos life is sweet. cool
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by Emkayotis(m): 2:39am On Jun 01, 2008
@Ruth08
Where you wan run go? If you run back to naija, 'OGA POLICE' said Osama is waiting for you! 5 million ways to die choose one! grin
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by MyTempID: 2:42am On Jun 01, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Bottom line of this election is who can win the most electoral votes durib the general. The electoral college is like Superdelegates, they vote based on who they believe will move the country's interest forward. Their vote is not tied to popular votes or delegate counts. So between Obama & McCain, and Clinton & McCain; who do you think they will vote for? Put into cosideration the fact that they are majority institutionalized whites. Give your thoughts,
Actually, to be technical, the delegates do matter and so do the popular votes.  The voting today would have been meaningless.  As it stands right now after the ruling, I think obama now stands 66 deles away from earning his nomination.  Why do you think the Obama camp has been fearful of Hillary Clinton's relentless outburst that she's winning the popular vote? While at the same time emphasizing the larger states.  She strikes that argument as a genuine way to bolster her chances of convincing the superdelegates to go her way.  Her argument certainly holds merit and is to be considered when you look at the larger picture as per whose chance is better going up against McCain.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by NegroNtns(m): 2:43am On Jun 01, 2008
Na where Ruth dey go, make you no come to Africa o, stay dere for yonder. If una come back here things go hard for us
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by Ruth08(f): 3:03am On Jun 01, 2008
@Negro Ntns
My guy you wicked o, ifna joke make you stop am.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by Ruth08(f): 3:05am On Jun 01, 2008
Anyway we are solidly behind OSAMA, sorry OBAMA.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by MyTempID: 3:14am On Jun 01, 2008
Why do you liken Obama to Osama? Is there a point you're desperately trying to get across? . . . cos I don't see it.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by 4Him1(m): 3:16am On Jun 01, 2008
Ruth08:

Anyway we are solidly behind OSAMA, sorry OBAMA.

spouting tired old right wing rhetoric?
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by Nobody: 3:30am On Jun 01, 2008
Reason why I stopped following this election thingy. . .got boring after a while. . .I'll pick right up in November.

Go Obama jare!! grin

[size=5pt]Osama for 2007, Obama for 2008[/size]
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by sheniqua: 4:15am On Jun 01, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Shaniqua, I thought you were I bed.

how are you seeing me? shocked shocked shocked shocked
what am I wearing? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by NegroNtns(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2008
Ruth, I am on your side and I'm supporting Hillary. Yes, even from here in Mali.I saw some stupid comments about people who align with Obama because they are graduates and need to distinct themselves from Hillary supporters because they are largely working class people. Stupid! Working class does not equate to academic credentials. Labor classification is distinguished in America based on wage earnings and whether you are an hourly wage earner versus salary.

Here is my two cents view for all the Obamalites. Barack is running on a theme to change American politics. No one disputes that America needs a change in its direction, moreso at home than abroad. Every country in the world need a change, that's a mute point and non-challenging for the brain. That's nothing but a motto. What is the strategy he will employ to effect the change? How will that strategy be deployed to execute and implement an effective change that result in a measurable and sustainable result at the grassroot level?

None of his followers have clue. Obama himself has continously dodged addressing details of his strategy and tactics to make the promised turn around. You will notice that at each successive campaings he unleashes a new but unfamiliar set of semantics. These are his tools and the oratory delivery is calculated to coincide with the ebb of support so that when it seems the message is waning off then he finds cause to again deliver a speech or make an interview. Its all about pumping up good feelings in people by taking them on an adventurous trip to the land of oration where their ear drums are continously flashed with an eloquent speech coming from a sweet voice belonging to a handsome man.

Late as it is in the primary if Colin Powel announces today that he is running as VP to McCain, trust me America will cast Obama aside. So it's not about change, that's a soft element for voters to cling to. Its really about his image -looks, voice and an excellent command of English language. Same effect that cheerleaders have with their uniforms, the cut, the color, the flashing of short skirts in your face , all to mesmerize and put you into a spell and make you feel good and pumped up for enthusiastic energy and root convincingly for the team whose color they are wearing. Stop and ask, what is the relevance of singing girls with pom-pom to the outcome of scores in a game? What does speech and fanciful vocabularies have to do with regulating lobbying? Congress does regulation, not white house. Lobbyists are ex-congressmen that use their knowledge and recognition to influence rulings in favor of their clients. So Obama is in effect telling Senators and Reps that when you retire or resign go work at Walmart because you will not be allowed to lobby anymore. Is that a message of hope and reality or of fantasy and illusion?

This is why, rightly so, it has been said that he is out of touch with reality. True. He gave a speech today. He has another planned for Wednesday. I'm tired of speeches, demonstrate some action. He is the front runner of his party. The party is in disarray, as proof of his efficacy to be a strong and tactical commander, should he not seize this opportunity to take lead and bring about cohesion and reunify the party? If he cannot influence power to remedy the problem in his party, how much more would he be able to influence power to turn America around?.

Negro.
Re: Dnc Considers Motion To Seat All Michigan Delegates With 1/2 Vote Each by NegroNtns(m): 7:32am On Jun 01, 2008
Shaniqua,
Lol, huumm, you wouldn't be wearing one if you make da mistake and let me in your bedroom. Your panties will be on da kitchen counter, bra on the sofa, blouse in the dining room and your 4inch pumps on the bed.

(1) (Reply)

Analysis: U.s. Bends The Rules Of Free Markets / Obama; Experince Nonesenseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee / Iran Expects War Before Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.