Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun (17762 Views)

Breakin News: Gunman Kills 2, Wound 9 Then Kills Self In La. / US Indepence Celebrations, Boy Kills Self Trying To Launch Firework On His Head / Boy Carrying Toy Gun Killed By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by HenryQuest(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2013
(CNN) - A 3-year-old boy in a small Michigan town was killed over the weekend when he accidentally shot himself in the head with a gun he found on the closet floor of his home.

The shooting death will undoubtedly renew the debate about gun safety, particularly after the boy's father took to Facebook calling for it.

The incident took place Sunday at a home in Dundee, near the Ohio border.

Police said Damon Holbrook discovered the gun, which belonged to a family friend who was living in the house.

Authorities told CNN affiliate WXYZ that the family friend, Joshua Greenhill, had a concealed pistol license and he put the .40 caliber handgun in the closet. It was loaded, with a bullet in the chamber -- but was not locked.

Three other children were in the house at the time.

Greenhill, was charged with careless discharge of a firearm -- a misdemeanor which carries a sentence of up to 2 years in prison or a fine of $2,000. He didn't speak to reporters after his court appearance Monday.

"We are working on a more serious charge at this time. We have not completed our investigation," Dundee police Chief David Uhl told reporters. "You have got to get more diligent with the guns. Be a lot safer with them."

'My boy would still be here'

After the shooting, Damon's father, Brian Holbrook, posted this message on Facebook: "I have nothing wrong with guns it's with this country was built on. I will still support the Second Amendment.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/20/us/michigan-boy-accidental-shooting
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by nerodenero: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2013
HenryQuest: Greenhill, was charged with careless discharge of a firearm -- a misdemeanor which carries a sentence of up to 2 years in prison or a fine of $2,000.
Just 2 years or a fine of $2000, this is appalling!!! How can such judgment serve as deterrent to others?
HenryQuest: After the shooting, Damon's father, Brian Holbrook, posted this message on Facebook: "I have nothing wrong with guns it's with this country was built on. I will still support the Second Amendment.
Whoever live by gun shall surely die by the gun.

3 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 20, 2013
9ja pikin no fit shoot himself.. He go first point am to somebody and shoot to see the outcome

29 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by nickz(m): 10:19am On Aug 20, 2013
R2bees: 9ja pikin no fit shoot himself.. He go first point am to somebody and shoot to see the outcome
#FACT
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by dplomaticVal: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2013
nerodenero: Just 2 years or a fine of $2000, this is appalling!!! How can such judgment serve as deterrent to others?

There's nothing wrng wit the court's resolution, since the owner of the gun neither shot the boy nor did he tel him to shoot himself. the boy died out of his carelessnes, so lf l were to be the jurist l'd ve set the innocent man free.

3 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
dplomaticVal:

There's nothing wrng wit the court's resolution, since the owner of the gun neither shot the boy nor did he tel him to shoot himself. the boy died out of his carelessnes, so lf l were to be the jurist l'd ve set the innocent man free.
even if he gave the kid gun as toy
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by flolancracker: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
....... Booked
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by SLIDiE(m): 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
nerodenero: Just 2 years or a fine of $2000, this is appalling!!! How can such judgment serve as deterrent to others?
what the nonsense are u ranting abt? undecided
Did he murder the boy?
This is purely negligence, and i dnt want to biliv u wanted him to be shot or hanged!!

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by 4reigningqueen: 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
Heaven or Hell or Reincarnation?
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by ProfessorPP(m): 5:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
front page thins!, space booked smiley.
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by SLIDiE(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
R2bees: even if he gave the kid gun as toy
is there anywhere in the article that says that? undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
The parent or the guardian of the lil boy needs to be sued cry,RIP boy cry cry cry
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by pststeve: 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
that is the result of action films.

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by pststeve: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
that is the result of action films.

1 Like

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by UyiIredia(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
smothly: The parent or the guardian of the lil boy needs to be sued cry,RIP boy cry cry cry

Why ? The the Dad play with the gun with the son. I hope you know accidents like such occur with other appliances eg irons, boiling water, fridge etc My Dad had a gun in the house and at 5 I knew guns kill. I saw where it was concealed around 12 and handled it clean. I turn 21 and when I ain't around my uncle chances on the gun and says it's not safe here and takes it (BS) as if we were litgle kids. Seriously, if I was present that gun ain't gonna no nowhere.
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by pak: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
The problem isn't with the GUN, its with a stupid man putting a loaded gun within the reach of kids.
It could have happened with a very sharp knife.

As much as I believe there should be more gun control, I think this case really does not do justice to the cause

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by mosho2good: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dis is wat nigeria call work of d devil.

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2013
Things like this should be keep away from children. Arrest the child parent
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Kslib(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Na wa oooo..
All izz well!
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
HenryQuest: (CNN) - A 3-year-old boy in a small Michigan town was killed over the weekend when he accidentally shot himself in the head with a gun he found on the closet floor of his home.

The shooting death will undoubtedly renew the debate about gun safety, particularly after the boy's father took to Facebook calling for it.

The incident took place Sunday at a home in Dundee, near the Ohio border.

Police said Damon Holbrook discovered the gun, which belonged to a family friend who was living in the house.

Authorities told CNN affiliate WXYZ that the family friend, Joshua Greenhill, had a concealed pistol license and he put the .40 caliber handgun in the closet. It was loaded, with a bullet in the chamber -- but was not locked.

Three other children were in the house at the time.

Greenhill, was charged with careless discharge of a firearm -- a misdemeanor which carries a sentence of up to 2 years in prison or a fine of $2,000. He didn't speak to reporters after his court appearance Monday.

"We are working on a more serious charge at this time. We have not completed our investigation," Dundee police Chief David Uhl told reporters. "You have got to get more diligent with the guns. Be a lot safer with them."

'My boy would still be here'

After the shooting, Damon's father, Brian Holbrook, posted this message on Facebook: "[size=20pt]I have nothing wrong with guns it's with this country was built on. I will still support the Second Amendment.[/size]

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/20/us/michigan-boy-accidental-shooting

True American. It is our right. Screw Obama and his STUPPID asss D they can't take it away from us, no way
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lawd!! Poor kid. RIP babe. All these oyinbos playing with guns. Nawa oh
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Why ? The the Dad play with the gun with the son. I hope you know accidents like such occur with other appliances eg irons, boiling water, fridge etc My Dad had a gun in the house and at 5 I knew guns kill. I saw where it was concealed around 12 and handled it clean. I turn 21 and when I ain't around my uncle chances on the gun and says it's not safe here and takes it (BS) as if we were litgle kids. Seriously, if I was present that gun ain't gonna no nowhere.
am speechless lipsrsealed
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by lafuria1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Who cares, even the father doesn't. American love guns, they should live with the consequences. Next story please.
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by crackhouse(m): 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
dplomaticVal:

the carelessness is on the man's part. he loaded a gun and didn't lock and he also left it carelessly in the toilet. he suppose to know that there are children in that house. don't blame the kid pls
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by dridowu: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
*******open mouth wide*********
rip lil kid
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2013
looks like a demon. good thing he blew his noodles off. he would have grown up to be a kkk member

2 Likes

Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Sirlucky1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
Who send am?
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by nekaa(f): 6:38pm On Aug 20, 2013
Could be suicide you know... Really sad..
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Ninilowo(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thank God the boy z underaged. He z going to heaven. No judgement. Oluwa seun.
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ninilowo: Thank God the boy z underaged. He z going to heaven. No judgement. Oluwa seun.
who told you that rubbish ? cheesy nigerians smdh
Re: 3-year-old Michigan Boy Kills Self With Gun by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
obadiah777: looks like a demon. good thing he blew his noodles off. he would have grown up to be a kkk member

Idiott racist we see you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nobody Dies After Two Planes Full Of Skydivers Crash In The Air / Wikileaks Founder, Julian Assange Loses Ecuadorian Citizenship / Coup Underway In Sudan: Internet Disrupted, Prime Minister, 4 Others Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.