Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,445 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ (5546 Views)

Mugabe Blasts Nigeria At AU Summit For “Betraying” Africa / Nelson Mandela Is Dead / Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “idiot . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by kstyle2(m): 7:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Som pple r d reasons we hav middle fingers.smfh @ mugabe.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Danhumprey: 7:47am On Aug 07, 2013
If Mugabe really said this,then I think Obasanjo should also be hail as the greatest African leader! undecided
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Danhumprey: 7:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Power corrupts and intoxicates. Absolute power corrupts and intoxicates absolutely!
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by juju2008(f): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2013
Rossikk:

He is 10,000 times more knowledgeable and greater than YOU.

Knowledge without wisdom makes no sense. Now majority of his people wallow in poverty and wretchedness. So where is his greatness. He took land from the whites quite alright but the blacks who acquired the lands have not made any reasonable economic gains from it. Mandela is more tactful in that the process of land acquisition from white owners is gradual. African leaders like Mugabe and other dictators like him lack COMMON SENSE.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2013
This is a lie, Mugabe never made such utterances and would never. if you have listened to Mugabe during a debate or giving a speech you will clearly know this is not the way he talks.
Even when the west and south African whites were trying to mess up the Zimbabwean Economy and frustrating his leadership he never made such utterances.

All he said is true though, Nelson Mandela is a huge coward whom could not return what belongs to his people back to his people, instead he sold out and was awarded a peace price.

He went to prison for terrorist activities as a Communist Aggressor not for fighting for the freedom of his people. Nelson Mandela and his group set people ablaze alive, lynched and arsoned public institutions.

I have a reason to believe that he already agreed to a deal before he was released in prison to allow the whites to dominate the economy of south Africa and retain all the resources and lands they forcefully and barbarically stole from the black indigenous south African.

I really have no respect for that man.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by sweetcheecks(f): 11:46am On Aug 07, 2013
thoth: This is a lie, Mugabe never made such utterances and would never. if you have listened to Mugabe during a debate or giving a speech you will clearly know this is not the way he talks.
Even when the west and south African whites were trying to mess up the Zimbabwean Economy and frustrating his leadership he never made such utterances.

All he said is true though, Nelson Mandela is a huge coward whom could not return what belongs to his people back to his people, instead he sold out and was awarded a peace price.

He went to prison for terrorist activities as a Communist Aggressor not for fighting for the freedom of his people. Nelson Mandela and his group set people ablaze alive, lynched and arsoned public institutions.

I have a reason to believe that he already agreed to a deal before he was released in prison to allow the whites to dominate the economy of south Africa and retain all the resources and lands they forcefully and barbarically stole from the black indigenous south African.

Who cares?
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 08, 2013
thoth: This is a lie, Mugabe never made such utterances and would never. if you have listened to Mugabe during a debate or giving a speech you will clearly know this is not the way he talks. Even when the west and south African whites were trying to mess up the Zimbabwean Economy and frustrating his leadership he never made such utterances.

By white Saffers, I suppose you mean those who were farmers in Zim? The same people who were tortured, kicked out of their farms and arrested...in your mind these same okes had power to even try to mess with Zim's economy? How exactly? Pray tell...

You (assuming you're nigerian), Zimbos and majority of other Africans...have land, resources and the economy in your hands.

But still millions of you choose to infest a country that is being led by cowards. Why? Whats wrong with living in your "economically prosperous" countries?
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 12:56am On Aug 08, 2013
Tumisang:

By white Saffers, I suppose you mean those who were farmers in Zim? The same people who were tortured, kicked out of their farms and arrested...in your mind these same okes had power to even try to mess with Zim's economy? How exactly? Pray tell...

You (assuming you're nigerian), Zimbos and majority of other Africans...have land, resources and the economy in your hands.

But still millions of you choose to infest a country that is being led by cowards. Why? Whats wrong with living in your "economically prosperous" countries?

I don't know how you come to the conviction that you are actually right, but i tell you this, if they were tortured and beaten and kicked out of OUR LANDS then i think it was a result of OUR GODLINESS because if you know your history and you knew how they killed hundreds of thousand, starved more hundreds of thousands to death and dehumanized more hundreds of thousand , forced labor on whole nation and thousands dying in the process, dehumanized the true owners of the land and stole OUR LANDS then you will surely know they all deserved to be tortured TILL THEY ARE CONFIRMED DEAD. ALL OF THEM!!

It is brainwashed people like you that they will prop up and finance to be used as proxy agent against your African brothers because you know nothing about yourself talk less of your people, just a "useful f00l".

Imagine how you penned the whole scenario and your "Kicked them out of their lands" part. you should be greatly ashamed of yourself.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 1:03am On Aug 08, 2013
@Tumisang

Oh i forgot to tell you to please read how the diamond,lumber companies and others all owned by the European colonist devised economic sabotage against Zimbabwe for taking back what is theirs. since you don't actually read alternative news please tell me what they are trying to achieve when they freeze Zimbabwean assets, put trade embargo on them, devise sanctions which affect their banking operations, constrict their imports...and what did they do to deserve that ? please tell us you whitewashed coconut. what will such measure result in ?

Now people like you who never reasons will start blaming Mugabe as if he put it on his own people while the good man is only a Hero fighting for the Rights and Freedom of his people.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 08, 2013
@Thot

European colonists? *scratches head*... undecided

Gawd!! How does anything in your novel-and-a-half comments answer any of the questions I've asked?

I suggest you stop reading your alternative news but rather read up on Zim's history particularly the Lancaster House Agreement and then comeback and tell me how did those farmers continue with their trade post-Rhodesia until there were rudely kicked out! And while you're at it find out whether sanctions were imposed on Zim (the country) or individuals in Mugabe's govt!

Speaking of people who were killed. I suggest you read up on how many Ndebeles in the '80s and Zimbos in the early 2000s were killed by your hero Mugabe.

Our Lands, my African brothers, my people? Sorry, I think you must have me confused with one of your "pan-Africanist" buddies.

Just because we unfortunately belong to the same race group and our countries happen to be on the same continent; that doesn't make us brothers nor does it mean our country's histories are synonymous.

Rather a coconut and a useful fool...than a simpleton that responds with insults instead of making a solid argument against the points!

Now back to my initial post. Hoping to get answers...preferably in this lifetime.

1. White South Africans - what exactly did they do to cause Zim's economic woes?

2. & 3. Africans - why are they willing to break their neck and limbs to move to a country (South Africa) that is being led by cowards when they could stay in their "economically prosperous" countries where everything (lands, resources, economies) is literally in their hands?

Hope I wrote this slow enough for you.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 5:54am On Aug 08, 2013
Tumisang: @Thot

European colonists? *scratches head*... undecided

[size=14pt]Just because we unfortunately belong to the same race group and our countries happen to be on the same continent; that doesn't make us brothers nor does it mean our country's histories are synonymous.
[/size]
After reading that i wonder why i would waste more of my time.
Since you have admitted that you consider yourself UNFORTUNATE to be born black, and hates it that you are African. So i am really sorry that i called you a coconut because even though a coconut is BROWN on the outside and WHITE inside it does not consider itself unfortunate.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 08, 2013
thoth:
After reading that i wonder why i would waste more of my time.
Since you have admitted that you consider yourself UNFORTUNATE to be born black, and hates it that you are African. So i am really sorry that i called you a coconut because even though a coconut is BROWN on the outside and WHITE inside it does not consider itself unfortunate.

Gawd! You're stupíd! How is me saying that its an unfortunate darn shame that we belong to same race group and continent mean that 'am ashamed of who I am? No amount of melanin or geographically settings would ever make you my brother! You can cry about it if you so wish I really could care less!

All I wanted from you were answers to my two very simple questions, which you failed to comprehend albeit being asked more than once! Numpty!
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by OkwaIfugo(m): 10:03am On Aug 08, 2013
Guys easy pls.
let Mugabe not bring fight for us here.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 10:25am On Aug 08, 2013
thoth: @Tumisang

Oh i forgot to tell you to please read how the diamond,lumber companies and others all owned by the European colonist devised economic sabotage against Zimbabwe for taking back what is theirs. since you don't actually read alternative news please tell me what they are trying to achieve when they freeze Zimbabwean assets, put trade embargo on them, devise sanctions which affect their banking operations, constrict their imports...and what did they do to deserve that ? please tell us you whitewashed coconut. what will such measure result in ?

Now people like you who never reasons will start blaming Mugabe as if he put it on his own people while the good man is only a Hero fighting for the Rights and Freedom of his people.

Those were my answers to your silly questions. you are so blind that you are not even aware of something that is a common knowledge. You are even too blinded with your self hate that you jumped my post in your rush to tell us how much you loath your black skin. Mr Coconut you can buy a gallon of pure Chlorine and soak your black skin in it and you will remain a black man. if you loath yourself so much you can commit suicide.
People like you are really dangerous and should be avoided anywhere black people are planning anything positive.
You are not Pan African, yes we now know you are a whitewashed slave suffering from acute Stockholm Syndrome.

My advice : Please commit suicide and put a stop to your misery, maybe you could come back as a coconut.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
Poo brains, that didn't answer any of my questions especially the one about white Saffers! It was just another one of your many ramblings on here. No logic whatsoever!

Sounds-of-Blackness, you can call me every derogatory name in the book. Its not gonna change the fact that you can't comprehend for shít or that you have not contributed anything meanginful to this continent other than making sure that it remains firmly at the bottom of the cesspool while the rest of the world is moving forward!

Planning something positive? You don't even know whats this "something" you're planning to dazzle the world with, yet you expect to be taken seriously. Please man! Figure shít out first and only mouth off after.

I'm done with ya!
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Horus(m): 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cCMjU5Nffs

Robert Mugabe Interviewed by CNN
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Rossikk(m): 12:04am On Aug 09, 2013
juju2008:
Knowledge without wisdom makes no sense. Now majority of his people wallow in poverty and wretchedness. So where is his greatness. He took land from the whites quite alright but the blacks who acquired the lands have not made any reasonable economic gains from it. Mandela is more tactful in that the process of land acquisition from white owners is gradual. African leaders like Mugabe and other dictators like him lack COMMON SENSE.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and are an obvious victim of western media propaganda. There was a 'gradual' process of land redistribution in place from the 1976 Lancaster House Agreement until 1997 when Tony Blair cancelled Britain's funding of it. The war veterans immediately pressured Mugabe to seize the lands, and quite possibly in a bid to remain in power, he did. The rest is history. Mugabe is supported 1000% by the Zimbabwe military. That military is led by generals who fought the whites in the bush for decades, to secure independence. What exactly makes you think these guys are all dummies who will sit there and allow minority white ownership of the land and mineral resoures of the nation in perpetuity, twenty five years after they'd won the war?? How long to wait? 100 YEARS? 150 YEARS?

As for the land and the Zimbabweans' management of it, contrary to what you hear in the western media, the land reforms have been a SUCCESS. Most importantly, they now guarantee that the next generation of black Zimbabweans will not grow up serfs, peasants and tenants on their ancestral land, and will have the majority stake in their national assets.

That's the biggest gift Bob Mugabe gave to his nation.

And that is why he continues to WIN elections.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by 419forlife: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2013
Rossikk:

You have no idea what you're talking about, and are an obvious victim of western media propaganda. There was a 'gradual' process of land redistribution in place from the 1976 Lancaster House Agreement until 1997 when Tony Blair cancelled Britain's funding of it. The war veterans immediately pressured Mugabe to seize the lands, and quite possibly in a bid to remain in power, he did. The rest is history. Mugabe is supported 1000% by the Zimbabwe military. That military is led by generals who fought the whites in the bush for decades, to secure independence. What exactly makes you think these guys are all dummies who will sit there and allow minority white ownership of the land and mineral resoures of the nation in perpetuity, twenty five years after they'd won the war?? How long to wait? 100 YEARS? 150 YEARS?

As for the land and the Zimbabweans' management of it, contrary to what you hear in the western media, the land reforms have been a SUCCESS. Most importantly, they now guarantee that the next generation of black Zimbabweans will not grow up serfs, peasants and tenants on their ancestral land, and will have the majority stake in their national assets.

That's the biggest gift Bob Mugabe gave to his nation.

And that is why he continues to WIN elections.

how angrydare this men how dare u rossikk.if u think this can take a few year for the economy to get back on black hands then dare u. How many years 100 200 300 if it can take more it just might. how dare u rossikk get some education. gradual process thats why nelsin mandella took the deal because of 'hard work nothing free' principle that can build black nation. u dont know it because u dont have education. blacks work hard even if u stole from us we hate it back NO we are go work and fly straight till we gain some trust then we can take economy back. until we can work hard and prove our self we don have one right a talk about land transfer. how dare u rossikk.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 6:17am On Aug 09, 2013
419forlife:

how angrydare this men how dare u rossikk.if u think this can take a few year for the economy to get back on black hands then dare u. How many years 100 200 300 if it can take more it just might. how dare u rossikk get some education. gradual process thats why nelsin mandella took the deal because of 'hard work nothing free' principle that can build black nation. u dont know it because u dont have education. blacks work hard even if u stole from us we hate it back NO we are go work and fly straight till we gain some trust then we can take economy back. until we can work hard and prove our self we don have one right a talk about land transfer. how dare u rossikk.

i really don't understand what you mean by that.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by 419forlife: 8:00am On Aug 09, 2013
thoth:

i really don't understand what you mean by that.

meaning we have appreciate nelson mandealla and realize what he did was not for popular but was best for a nation. the deal was at 1994 whites would take good care infrastructure such things like raw material that way nelson can finally leave jail to become a president. is best we research the deal. 1994 was to soon to have every bit back because skills and whites know every information to run machines such things.u see where i going with this. gradual process. it may take 100 200 500 year the life time of us can not see it but depend how bad we take actions that maybe 200 300 900 year from now our descendant can reap the work.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by cap28: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2013
Tumisang:

[quote author=Tumisang]

the problem with self hating blacks like you is that you always jump to the defence of your enemy -why are you so concerrned about thiefs and armed robbers being kicked off land that they stole from the rightful owners?

Someone comees to my house and steals my land and wealth and instead of finding a way to get him off my land i start challenging those who try to remove him from my land - this is what you are doing.

africans relocate to south africa instead of staying in their own resource rich countries because they do not actually have any say in the running of their own economies because europe and america dictate the economic pace of 99% of african countries using two major financial institutions - the world bank and the IMF.

They deliberately use debt enslavement, devaluation of national currencies and structural adjustment policies to impoverish almost every single african country thereby ensuring that these countries remain impoverished for life while they continue to drain off the resources of these countries.

You talk about how the white farmers were doing a good job in zimbabwe -who was benefitting from their supposed hard work - the black zimbabwean people or their european and american business partners? why were they growing only cash crops for export to europe? why were zimbabweans living as peasants in their own land?

Did Mugabe do somethign wrong by fighting against a system that had condemned him and his people as servants to the white man in their own country?

what would you have preferred for Mugabe to have done?

All africa's resources have been stolen by europe and america and are still being used to benefit their own economies and not africa or its people - is this what you prefer?

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
@cap28

1. Because I don't see any of you as "my brothers" therefore I must be a self-hating black? Yeah, sure...

2. If you wanna know what 'am challenging go back to the initial post I was responding to.

3. But your brother said all Africans have access to the economy of their respective countries and that Mandela was the only cowardice leader to have failed to give his people what was rightfully theirs? Hence I asked why go to a country that is being led by cowards.

4. Must everything be discussed along racial lines? Don't you know that whites and blacks in Zim are Zimbabweans?

Both Zim and foreign (Saffers) farmers were doing an excellent job that didn't not only benefit Zimbos but the world at large. Hence Zim was greatly known as the bread basket of Africa. Which Zimbos were living as peasants? Clearly you know nothing about the greatness of that nation before the land-grabs. In your mind black Zimbos were slaves to their white masters and that all farmers in both Zim and SA are white.

5. Mugabe has admitted that they way he went about fighting a system (Lancaster House Agreement) he helped create was wrong.

6. People like you are gonna blame the west for every wrong thing in this continent till kingdom come...while conveniently forgeting that foreign companies pay levies/taxes to govts. Whose fault is it that you're not benefiting from the monies - theirs or that of your leaders?
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by cap28: 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tumisang: @cap28

1. Because I don't see any of you as "my brothers" therefore I must be a self-hating black? Yeah, sure...

2. If you wanna know what 'am challenging go back to the initial post I was responding to.

3. But your brother said all Africans have access to the economy of their respective countries and that Mandela was the only cowardice leader to have failed to give his people what was rightfully theirs? Hence I asked why go to a country that is being led by cowards.

4. Must everything be discussed along racial lines? Don't you know that whites and blacks in Zim are Zimbabweans?

Both Zim and foreign (Saffers) farmers were doing an excellent job that didn't not only benefit Zimbos but the world at large. Hence Zim was greatly known as the bread basket of Africa. Which Zimbos were living as peasants? Clearly you know nothing about the greatness of that nation before the land-grabs. In your mind black Zimbos were slaves to their white masters and that all farmers in both Zim and SA are white.

5. Mugabe has admitted that they way he went about fighting a system (Lancaster House Agreement) he helped create was wrong.

6. People like you are gonna blame the west for every wrong thing in this continent till kingdom come...while conveniently forgeting that foreign companies pay levies/taxes to govts. Whose fault is it that you're not benefiting from the monies - theirs or that of your leaders?

People like you like to allign yourself with anyone except your own people, but one thing you must bear in mind is that the greatness of a people is measured in collective terms not on an individual basis, africans like you who think your individual accomplishments are enough to earn the respect of other races are deluding themselves.

I am not a great fan of Mandela - i admire the fact that he sacrificed 27 years of his life for his people, but he betrayed his people by cutting a deal with the white power structure - his betrayal of the black south africans enalbed the whites to retain control over all of south africa's land and other valuable natural resources, this is the reason why the whites love him, so it is understandable if many africans have lost respect for him.

If white and black zimbabweans are both zimbabweans why is europe and america hell bent on destroying any attempt by Mugabe to empower the black zimbabweans , why did america and europe impose economic sanctions on the country which caused hyper inflation and a near collapse of the economy? Have you heard of ZIDERA? google it and find out how the EU and america planned to sink Zimbabwe's economy using some of the most draconian economic sanctions ever imposed on a sovereign nation.

The lancaster agreement was a pile of crap - How can you enter into an agreement to reimburse a thief after he has stolen your land? Besides the then british prime minister (Thatcher) had no intention of honouring anything agreed under it and later reneged on all of the promise made under that agreement.

How did Mugabe help to create the aparthied system in the then Rhodesia under Ian Smith - i know many zimbabweans who have confirmed to me that they lived as second class citizens in their own country during white minority rule

I dont know if you know this but the reason multinational corporations like to do business in africa is because they pay little or no corporation tax - did you know that last year some of the richest corporations in the world got away with paying practically no tax - eg amazon, apple, microsoft, also a british billionaire by the name of phillip green (owner of british home stores and top shop) avoided paying over £1billion in tax last year alone. If these companies can do this in the western world imagine what they must be getting away with in countries like nigeria where there are no effective regulations.

3 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Cap28, your maturity and wisdom shine through...

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by OkwaIfugo(m): 12:48am On Aug 10, 2013
i am really amazed and laughing so much because of some kinda comments here.
na wa oo Mugabe see what your causing us here on NL
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 1:16am On Aug 10, 2013
419forlife:

meaning we have appreciate nelson mandealla and realize what he did was not for popular but was best for a nation. the deal was at 1994 whites would take good care infrastructure such things like raw material that way nelson can finally leave jail to become a president. is best we research the deal. 1994 was to soon to have every bit back because skills and whites know every information to run machines such things.u see where i going with this. gradual process. it may take 100 200 500 year the life time of us can not see it but depend how bad we take actions that maybe 200 300 900 year from now our descendant can reap the work.

Oh now i get what you meant. there are large parts of the negotiation between the whites and Nelson Mandela even before he was released from prison that the public don't know about. Though i agree that it makes strategic sense at that period to assume the stance you stated, i sincerely believe that since they have enough knowledge of how these people operate it will be clear to them that after 800 years they will never attain true independence, since all means of production rests with the foreigners with tremendous support from their brothers out of the continent it is very unlikely that such opportunities will even be passed to the blacks even at 40% rate in the nest 300 years.
what might happen is to create an elite black class that will be kept financially afloat and will serve two purposes, first they will be use to control the majority of the poor blacks since they having money will be naturally taken by the poor majority as their leader and voice, secondly they will serve as a reference that resources is actually shared even though such is only a farce, but anytime you complain that the blacks got nothing, the white will mention those puppets as evidence and then classify other poor blacks as lazy and unambitious though in reality the poor were deliberately and systematically made so.
The situation is made worse when those puppets being internationally accepted as the voice of the indigenous blacks gives credence to what the white oppressors say.

What i expected Mandela to do was the same thing that Mugabe did, once he had the Opportunity he would have abandoned all agreements and go full force at them, taking back what belongs to South Africans and even taking the apartheid whites to courts, with the sort of support that the blacks had from the rest of African and the World at that particular time such feat is feasible and achievable though not necessary in its entirety but some developments will be made and a norm established.
Believe if those were whites they will do worse than Mugabe, they will make sure they get every bit of their stuffs back and even more, in fact you will pay them reparations for eternity. Haiti is still paying reparations for DEFEATING FRANCE IN THEIR WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE.
The black man has been so brainwashed that he sincerely believes in the limits that has been put forward for him by his enemies.
Thanks Cap28 though.

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Horus(m): 2:00am On Aug 10, 2013
thoth:

Oh now i get what you meant. there are large parts of the negotiation between the whites and Nelson Mandela even before he was released from prison that the public don't know about. Though i agree that it makes strategic sense at that period to assume the stance you stated, i sincerely believe that since they have enough knowledge of how these people operate it will be clear to them that after 800 years they will never attain true independence, since all means of production rests with the foreigners with tremendous support from their brothers out of the continent it is very unlikely that such opportunities will even be passed to the blacks even at 40% rate in the nest 300 years.
what might happen is to create an elite black class that will be kept financially afloat and will serve two purposes, first they will be use to control the majority of the poor blacks since they having money will be naturally taken by the poor majority as their leader and voice, secondly they will serve as a reference that resources is actually shared even though such is only a farce, but anytime you complain that the blacks got nothing, the white will mention those puppets as evidence and then classify other poor blacks as lazy and unambitious though in reality the poor were deliberately and systematically made so.
The situation is made worse when those puppets being internationally accepted as the voice of the indigenous blacks gives credence to what the white oppressors say.

What i expected Mandela to do was the same thing that Mugabe did, once he had the Opportunity he would have abandoned all agreements and go full force at them, taking back what belongs to South Africans and even taking the apartheid whites to courts, with the sort of support that the blacks had from the rest of African and the World at that particular time such feat is feasible and achievable though not necessary in its entirety but some developments will be made and a norm established.
Believe if those were whites they will do worse than Mugabe, they will make sure they get every bit of their stuffs back and even more, in fact you will pay them reparations for eternity. Haiti is still paying reparations for DEFEATING FRANCE IN THEIR WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE.
The black man has been so brainwashed that he sincerely believes in the limits that has been put forward for him by his enemies.
Thanks Cap28 though.

Brilliantly explained.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by 419forlife: 2:35am On Aug 10, 2013
thoth:

[size=14pt]Believe if those were whites they will do worse than Mugabe, they will make sure they get every bit of their stuffs back and even more, in fact you will pay them reparations for eternity. Haiti is still paying reparations for DEFEATING FRANCE IN THEIR WAR FOR INDEPENDENCE. [/size]
Thanks Cap28 though.

now we are get places you see i mean it could take 100 200 500 year for at least a 10% transfer. that is exact what i am talk about thuth. now think about 100% transfer. 500 600 2000 year it might just take. as for a highlighted we don do a such things and to bad you mention them as we first a God fear people. if dey want a land take and get back what belong to a white then may God help the whites. we don do such a thing yes we will take back what belong us but we gon do all it honest way. honest way is a best policy. we shall over come yes we can dream to.
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by 419forlife: 2:59am On Aug 10, 2013
zetdee: YAWN, bunch of opinionated loudmouths who've probably never set foot in Southern Africa.

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by thoth: 3:41am On Aug 10, 2013
419forlife:

now we are get places you see i mean it could take 100 200 500 year for at least a 10% transfer. that is exact what i am talk about thuth. now think about 100% transfer. 500 600 2000 year it might just take. as for a highlighted we don do a such things and to bad you mention them as we first a God fear people. if dey want a land take and get back what belong to a white then may God help the whites. we don do such a thing yes we will take back what belong us but we gon do all it honest way. honest way is a best policy. we shall over come yes we can dream to.

i understand what you mean, but this is the real world. Being righteous will not take you anywhere because the people you were dealing with are not honest.
Can you imagine that HAITI is still paying reparations to France for fighting and defeating them during their war for independence. in a honest and righteous world, many would have spoken against this but none has done so.
Thus Niccolo Machiavelli wrote in the prince :A man who wishes to make a profession of goodness in everything must necessarily come to grief among so many who are not good. Therefore it is necessary for a prince, who wishes to maintain himself, to learn how not to be good, and to use this knowledge and not use it, according to the necessity of the case.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabe Blasts Nelson Mandela As A “coward” And “ by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 10, 2013
cap28:

People like you like to allign yourself with anyone except your own people, but one thing you must bear in mind is that the greatness of a people is measured in collective terms not on an individual basis, africans like you who think your individual accomplishments are enough to earn the respect of other races are deluding themselves.

I am not a great fan of Mandela - i admire the fact that he sacrificed 27 years of his life for his people, but he betrayed his people by cutting a deal with the white power structure - his betrayal of the black south africans enalbed the whites to retain control over all of south africa's land and other valuable natural resources, this is the reason why the whites love him, so it is understandable if many africans have lost respect for him.

If white and black zimbabweans are both zimbabweans why is europe and america hell bent on destroying any attempt by Mugabe to empower the black zimbabweans , why did america and europe impose economic sanctions on the country which caused hyper inflation and a near collapse of the economy? Have you heard of ZIDERA? google it and find out how the EU and america planned to sink Zimbabwe's economy using some of the most draconian economic sanctions ever imposed on a sovereign nation.

The lancaster agreement was a pile of crap - How can you enter into an agreement to reimburse a thief after he has stolen your land? Besides the then british prime minister (Thatcher) had no intention of honouring anything agreed under it and later reneged on all of the promise made under that agreement.

How did Mugabe help to create the aparthied system in the then Rhodesia under Ian Smith - i know many zimbabweans who have confirmed to me that they lived as second class citizens in their own country during white minority rule

I dont know if you know this but the reason multinational corporations like to do business in africa is because they pay little or no corporation tax - did you know that last year some of the richest corporations in the world got away with paying practically no tax - eg amazon, apple, microsoft, also a british billionaire by the name of phillip green (owner of british home stores and top shop) avoided paying over £1billion in tax last year alone. If these companies can do this in the western world imagine what they must be getting away with in countries like nigeria where there are no effective regulations.

Collective mentality = Backwardness

Mandela didn't make any unilateral decisions, he wasn't the only person involved...heck, the man wasn't even the chief negotiator. The ANC wasn't the only policital party involved either - all liberation movements (excl. IFP) had representatives who also negotiated and signed the agreements. So please explain how exactly did he betray/sell any of us out? Majority of land in this country is owned by govt. White Saffers own majority of farmlands. Show me one African country that mine its resources! Our freedom fighters didn't make sacrifices to gain fans. They did so for the benefit of black Saffers.

The prime minister who refused to honour the terms of that agreement was Tony Blair not Thatcher! Don't confuse colonial rule with apartheid. Apartheid was only in SA.

There's nothing more annoying than people who have failed to fix their own mess but for reasons only known to themselves - think they have answers to everything and can solve everyone's problems. Charity begins at home!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blasts Reported In Two Kenyan Churches Near Somalia Border / Beware: Charlie Hebdo May Be An Hoax (video Evidence) / Thousands In Senegal Protest As Court Grant Wade Right To Seek 3rd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.