Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- (5610 Views)

How Can You Pack Senators In A Bus- Senate Leader, Ali Ndume Queries / PDP Queries Buhari ‘indifference’ To Burning National Issues / Tony Elumelu - The Next CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Jarus(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2013
First, I'm unabashedly a fan of SLS, but I have also openly criticized him in the past for what I believe, conclusively, that he erred on. So you can difference between me and Naijaking and co, who have never seen anything positive from him.

Two, I don't believe this story yet. In fact I can bet that it is cooked up by his familiar enemies. I seriously doubt SLS will donate to political parties. The truth will be opened in few days.

I'm off to ask him personally sef.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by DisGuy: 11:08am On Aug 07, 2013
Courtesy International Center for Investigative Reporting ICIR

LOOOL
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by malc619(m): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2013
Brai777: Courtesy International Center for Investigative Reporting ICIR

Only Mega-Dullards will believe this "Ogogoro-inspired story...

cheesy
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Pukkah: 12:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
Genius100: So no source for this story?

It does not take a genius to know this was a sponsored story

malc619:

Only Mega-Dullards will believe this "Ogogoro-inspired story...

cheesy

What do you have to say to this?

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-queries-sanusi-over-cbn-2012-account/

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/president-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor-over-apex-banks-audited-report-n1b-donation-to-political-party/
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
what is a sponsored story?

every newspaper report is a sponsored story!
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Pukkah: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
I have stated it on this forum a couple of times that people don't know the real Sanusi yet.

The hullabaloo generated by the dramatic hounding of Ibru, Akingbola and others, to the applause of the public, kind of provided a cover for Sanusi.

The real man will be unveiled when he leaves the seat.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Olaone1: 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pukkah: I have stated it on this forum a couple of times that people don't know the real Sanusi yet.

The hullabaloo generated by the dramatic hounding of Ibru, Akingbola and others, to the applause of the public, kind of provided a cover for Sanusi.

The real man will be unveiled when he leaves the seat.
Hmmmm. . . .

He basically hunted down some Christian banking czars. Now I know better. undecided
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by hercules07: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
The Presidency saw some discrepancies, sought clarifications, were given clarifications and have since shut up, CBN responded to the queries in May and we are getting this now?
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by malc619(m): 12:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
hercules07: The Presidency saw some discrepancies, sought clarifications, were given clarifications and have since shut up, CBN responded to the queries in May and we are getting this now?

GEJ and his Ogogoro politics!!

grin
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Pukkah: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ola one:
Hmmmm. . . .

He basically hunted down some Christian banking czars. Now I know better. undecided

I don't even think his motive was religion. But he went about the task in an unnecessarily disruptive and dramatic manner which rocked the fragile financial services industry to its very foundation. He also worsened the matter with his incendiary and inflammatory outbursts.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by bizgen: 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
the autonomy of the Cbn on spending unnecessarily should be checked.the apex bank can't be spending money anyhow the way Sanusi did.i mean when he was making those donations what were the criteria for such.if nothing is done now,we may get a Cbn governor in the future that will donate ,100billion to his/her hometown.and we have entrepreneurs,businesses looking for money to either start up or expand their business and a regulatory bank is throwing interest free billions around all in the name of donations.SAD.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
bizgen: the autonomy of the Cbn on spending unnecessarily should be checked.the apex bank can't be spending money anyhow the way Sanusi did.i mean when he was making those donations what were the criteria for such.if nothing is done now,we may get a Cbn governor in the future that will donate ,100billion to his/her hometown.and we have entrepreneurs,businesses looking for money to either start up or expand their business and a regulatory bank is throwing interest free billions around all in the name of donations.SAD.

dont know how we interprete laws in Nigeria, CBN autonomy can not include abuse of office and outright mis-appropriation of funds. It should be possible to probe him and sack him through the NASS
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
Pukkah:

I don't even think his motive was religion. But he went about the task in an unnecessarily disruptive and dramatic manner which rocked the fragile financial services industry to its very foundation. He also worsened the matter with his incendiary and inflammatory outbursts.

The guy lacked tact from day one

He exagerated the crisis and claimed to have solved it!

Fact is Sanusi did not have to make all that noise and create all that drama for Nigeria to survive the flight of capital we witnessed on our economy as a result of the global economic meltdown
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by tyson55(m): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Is it only querry that Gej is interested in? If the story is true, appropriate action should be taken... This is one big allegation that shouldn't be waived away.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
we all know that most people mouthing "anti-corruption" in Nigeria are only doing so cos they prefer it to be among themselves. Nothing go happen to sanusi cos "he is a prince of the Kano emirate and the emirate shall not be disgraced" .This is how the clowns in power reason.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by ikenga67: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
mikeansy:

dont know how we interprete laws in Nigeria, CBN autonomy can not include abuse of office and outright mis-appropriation of funds. It should be possible to probe him and sack him through the NASS
Truth is if we have an even minimally functional legislature, much of that executive abuse will be checked. How does CBN autonomy manage to migrate from monetary policy to doling out huge sums of money like father christmas?
We keep fighting over the presidency and governorship of states completely oblivious of the fact that in a modern constitutional state, the greatest power lies in the legislature. If only Nigerians could take time to ensure that they elect the right people (instead of ignorant freeloaders) as their representatives to the legislatures, a lot of changes will be wrought over night. But no, it is Jona this, Buhari that!
Every people deserve the leadership they get, for real!
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Emperor007: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

Sometimes I think its the northerners that should be asking for separation.

^^^

Do you sincerely think or believe they can do that, when oil still flows in SS / SE?

Remove oil, the particle termed Nigeria will cease to exist, once it's obvious oil wells are dry.

Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by austinsmat(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
I hate this man with passion please don't ask me why if dont have job to offer
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by otokx(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
this looks serious.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by naijaking1: 3:40am On Aug 08, 2013
Jarus: First, I'm unabashedly a fan of SLS, but I have also openly criticized him in the past for what I believe, conclusively, that he erred on. So you can difference between me and Naijaking and co, who have never seen anything positive from him.

Two, I don't believe this story yet. In fact I can bet that it is cooked up by his familiar enemies. I seriously doubt SLS will donate to political parties. The truth will be opened in few days.

I'm off to ask him personally sef.

Oga Mr. Jarus.
I don't see anything postive about Sanusi, because there is none. And I say that as a professional with advanced training in both pyschology/psychiatry and medicine.
When I told you guys from day one, that this guy didn't qualify to be our nation's CBN governor, the usual tribal warriors picked up arms.
Please go watch a movie called "Catch me if you can" about a man who faked his way into just about every profession and got away free. Sanusi is neither a banker, an economist, or even risk manager, yet we hoisted him to the highest echelon of power. His failure was not just predicted, but guarranteed. Unfortunately, millions of innocent lives would be adversly affected by his adventure.
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by Akpaife(m): 5:23am On Aug 08, 2013
SLIDE waxie: In order to achieve his 2015 dreams..jonathan can do foolish things grin

Dnt be surprised if the MUMU sacked sanusi and appoints al-mustapha..

Like i said, 'dnt be surprised'...no be jona!
My friend be wise n stop fooling ur self ds is d problem we r facing in ds country becos he is ur tribe u cnt say d truth
Sanusi wht u did is nt good
Re: President-jonathan-queries-cbn-governor- by naijaking1: 2:21am On Aug 09, 2013
Waiting for criminal proceedings

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo REC Can’t Conduct Credible Assembly Poll – PDP / Massob Enforces New Pump Price In Onitsha / Why Do We Nigerian Keep On Voting Pdp, Then Complian About Them Later: ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.