Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord (1260 Views)

Urgent Advise Needed On Best Jeep To Buy With Budget Of 1.4M / Toyota Venza Vs Toyota Lexus RX 350 (your Advise Needed) / Advise Needed On Buying Tokunbo Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
the major issue im facing is that, the car vibrates when ever i engage the gear and vibrates more when the gear is in d4 and AC is on simultaneously. Most times i have to drive the car without AC. It will get to a point when the car is extremely warmed up or hot that it will rough idle and tries to shut down by it self. Once i turn the ac off and the car would stablize a bit.

Also when the car is hot, the ac would not work properly and would blow hot but in the early hours of the day the AC is super cold till the engine gets warmed up and the car starts misbehaving.

Pls i need help.

Thanks
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2013
davodyguy: the major issue im facing is that, the car vibrates when ever i engage the gear and vibrates more when the gear is in d4 and AC is on simultaneously. Most times i have to drive the car without AC. It will get to a point when the car is extremely warmed up or hot that it will rough idle and tries to shut down by it self. Once i turn the ac off and the car would stablize a bit.

Also when the car is hot, the ac would not work properly and would blow hot but in the early hours of the day the AC is super cold till the engine gets warmed up and the car starts misbehaving.

Pls i need help.

Thanks
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by cardoctor(m): 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
Change your compressor to the original spec and avoid welding of any of the pressure pipes. Also make sure that your ac guy does not fill with more than 2 cans of gas or 2 1/2 cans.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2013
car-doctor:
Change your compressor to the original spec and avoid welding of any of the pressure pipes. Also make sure that your ac guy does not fill with more than 2 cans of gas or 2 1/2 cans.

Car-Doctor.
Thanks man. someone already pointed that out which i would definitely do at the end of the month. Im not AC crazy

point 2 thats worrying is the issue of vibration. either in gear or not it vibrates whilst idling below 1000RPM and once its over, it moves really well and speeds well.

What could be the cause.

please dont tell me its bad mount cos i ve changed everything
dont tell me its injector or plugs cos everything is new.

what else could be the cause?
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by baaliyah(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2013
Check plug cables, one or more might be loosing current.
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
ba_aliyah: Check plug cables, one or more might be loosing current.
None is. everything about idling is fine
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by kayhalladay: 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
[quote author=davodyguy]the major issue im facing is that, the car vibrates when ever i engage the gear and vibrates more when the gear is in d4 and AC is on simultaneously. Most times i have to drive the car without AC. It will get to a point when the car is extremely warmed up or hot that it will rough idle and tries to shut down by it self. Once i turn the ac off and the car would stablize a bit.

Pls i need help.

Thanks [/quote from my experience as an auto tech...the best approach to such situation to avoid unnecessary expenses ..DO A COMPUTERIZED DIAGNOSIS then u can work based on that..
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by kayhalladay: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
do a computerized diagnosis ...thats the best approach now since u've nearly changed everything in ur engine then make sure the things changed are functional
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2013
i have done series of diagnosis with the latest version of scanner. No code for the vibration
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
How about increasing the idling RPM to say 1500 or 2000?
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
BoboYekini: How about increasing the idling RPM to say 1500 or 2000?
you're right sir but will that not mean more fuel consumption
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by oluwaseunsewe: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2013
Check ur engine mount nd transmision mounth
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by BE811APP: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2013
Tune d Engine up...
Check d Slow of d car..

If dat dsnt work... Ur Engine is getting weak..
Needs a new one.. Wich ccost btwn 40-50k...

I use d same Car..

Wen I started having d problm.. I forgot I had AC on d car.. And was drivving it like dat and it was performing and moving fine...

Gradually u will notice d engine isn't performing as it shuld!!!
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
oluwaseunsewe: Check ur engine mount nd transmision mounth
done that already. no issue
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by earthrealm(m): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
clean ur maf and idle air control sensor............r u sure u installed good plugs?...so no check engine light on the car?
Re: Advise Needed On The Series Of Problems With 2000 Model Honda Accord by davodyguy: 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
earthrealm: clean ur maf and idle air control sensor............r u sure u installed good plugs?...so no check engine light on the car?
i've serviced the nozzles and all that

(1) (Reply)

What About Tyre Inflators / How To Clear Toyota Rav4 Maintenance Reqd Warning.works For Recent Toyotas / Camry 1998 Nigeria Used For Sale (benin City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.