Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize (4296 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) / Picture Of Gov. Fashola Kissing His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by seunfly: 5:41am On Aug 08, 2013
The funny thing is that Abia and Imo are busy deporting each other and ground each other's business and nothing is said about it. We should learn to deal with issues holistically not tribal sentiment and hatred.
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by yetunsbay(m): 5:44am On Aug 08, 2013
Or wat?
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by kettykin: 6:29am On Aug 08, 2013
All these ultimatums will coalesce into court cases which would drag on for a long time if lagos does not settle out of court, it would make lagos look very unfriendly to outsiders and visitors resulting in less inflow of external investments by both foreigners and local investors which is not good for the economy of lagos state which thrives on more of external investment.
These leaves investors with options of going to abuja , rivers, aba
By and large lagos needs more than reassuring igbos in particular and other nigerians with out whose input lagos will end up like ibadan

The public perception and ratings of lagos and its government is in an all time low and unless drastic steps are taken now it would cost lagos a lot of good will investments. Other issues like the babaloja syndrome where a lagos indigene feeds on the hard work of visitors and people doing business in lagos really9 needs to be equally addressed. Nigeria and the world is watching closely, there is really no state in Nigeria that has made any visible progress with out igbos and their business if lagos thinks it can do other wise then good luck to them
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by pandriod: 6:48am On Aug 08, 2013
This thread made my day and shows that my brothers are now fully aware on how to deal with the treacherous scums living in our land.
Eyín ömo ODŮDUWA e ka'aré oo

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by NwaTeacher1: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2013
Fashiola must apologise or we deport him to his ancestral home in Ekiti State. We must tell him were all immigrants in Lagos State despite he denied burying his father in Ekiti State because he wants to claim Lagos Indegene
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2013
If them born theirs ancestors of NRI well, make them cause any form of unrest in Lagos. ..Then they will know who trully are the owners of Lagos. Then they will know Oduduwa is not from the east.

...WE ARE WATCHING
sad

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 08, 2013
pandriod: This thread made my day and shows that my brothers are now fully aware on how to deal with the treacherous scums living in our land.
Eyín ömo ODŮDUWA e ka'aré oo

E ka'are Awe ooo
Frankly, i just wish they do anything funny one day in Lagos..Maybe thats gonna be the one of d events that will mark the possible demise of "one Nigeria".

ONCE AGAIN, Yoruba NLers are watching.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by jason123: 7:27am On Aug 08, 2013
Babatunde Fashola three days to apologize over the deportation of 72 people to Onitsha or risk public protests or rallies.

I dare them! The truth about lagos will be revealed if they try this...lol. There is a subtle but vivid growing tension in lagos already. Most can't wait to vent their anger on these boys
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 08, 2013
kettykin: All these ultimatums will coalesce into court cases which would drag on for a long time if lagos does not settle out of court, it would make lagos look very unfriendly to outsiders and visitors resulting in less inflow of external investments by both foreigners and local investors which is not good for the economy of lagos state which thrives on more of external investment.
By and large lagos needs more than reassuring igbos in particular and other nigerians with out whose input lagos will end up like ibadan

The public perception and ratings of lagos and its government is in an all time low and unless drastic steps are taken now it would cost lagos a lot of good will investments. Other issues like the babaloja syndrome where a lagos indigene feeds on the hard work of visitors and people doing business in lagos really9 needs to be equally addressed. Nigeria and the world is watching closely, there is really no state in Nigeria that has made any visible progress with out igbos and their business if lagos thinks it can do other wise then good luck to them

Reserve this your long sermon....go and compete with your Pastor in church on Sunday.

We are already counting your three days.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 08, 2013
jason123:

I dare them! The truth about lagos will be revealed if they try this...lol. There is a subtle but vivid growing tension in lagos already. Most can't wait to vent their anger on these boys

YES BRO. ...We cant just wait to see the drama that will unfold the day those Ibos try that.
Oh mine mine, i so eager to see this happen.
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 08, 2013
jason123:

Bruddah, I spoke to one of my cousin who's about my age, in Lagos, a few days ago. I told him about this forum and everything I read on here. And the guy was basically laughing. I just feel sorry for these people and their suicidal nature. The reality out there is different from what we read on here. I think if they try anything funny - it might be worse than the Hutus and Tutsis.

Someone needs to call these people to order before they end up at the receiving end of another genocide. Best believe that UN has its cup full at the moment and there won't be any intervention.

These people need to calm down and learn how to interact with other people.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 08, 2013
WHERE ARE THE IBOS ON THIS THREAD?...
RESPOND NOW! undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Aedesmuskeeto: 8:00am On Aug 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin....
*falls from bike*

*watching in 4d*
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by dridowu: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2013
They must protest if not dy are are hi on opa eyinn
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Riskymallam: 8:02am On Aug 08, 2013
kettykin: All these ultimatums will coalesce into court cases which would drag on for a long time if lagos does not settle out of court, it would make lagos look very unfriendly to outsiders and visitors resulting in less inflow of external investments by both foreigners and local investors which is not good for the economy of lagos state which thrives on more of external investment.

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Aedesmuskeeto: 8:06am On Aug 08, 2013
PointB i see you oooo... I dey wait for ya comment oooo grin grin
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2013
Truly, this is an insult to Governor Fashola. He is grieving loss of his father and some prodigal lost generation of igbo youths are issuing threats to him. Don't these youths have elders in their villages, is this what igbo culture teaches?

The elders themselves, not MASSOB, not Ohanaeze, not their Ezes or any instituted authority of Igbo ethnic group has yet been heard passing condolence to the governor. This was the same Fashola who hosted Ojukwu remains to lie in state in Lagos, attended Achebe's symposium in the heat of controversy and boycott by other Yorubas, hosted a pro Biafra movement to rededicate their mission publicly in Lagos even when Anambra denied them public appearance in their own alaigbo. He even named a publicly funded estate after an Igboman.

Well, Governor Fashola, this is your payback. Stop your omoluabi with a bloodline that has no appreciation and share no respect for the ideals of omoluabi.

Ibo is omo judasi bi and must be handled forcefully.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 08, 2013
Aedes_muskeeto: PointB i see you oooo... I dey wait for ya comment oooo grin grin

FEAR no go make am comment na! loool
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by goodslayer: 8:11am On Aug 08, 2013
we are watching and waiting for any protest. Make them just limit am to their enclave any attempt to bring it to lagos. Then we go know who really owns lagos.
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
Truly, this is an insult to Governor Fashola. He is grieving loss of his father and some prodigal lost generation of igbo youths are issuing threats to him. Don't these youths have elders in their villages, is this what igbo culture teaches?

The elders themselves, not MASSOB, not Ohanaeze, not their Ezes or any instituted authority of Igbo ethnic group has yet been heard passing condolence to the governor. This was the same Fashola who hosted Ojukwu remains to lie in state in Lagos, attended Achebe's symposium in the heat of controversy and boycott by other Yorubas, hosted a pro Biafra movement to rededicate their mission publicly in Lagos even when Anambra denied them public appearance in their own alaigbo. He even named a publicly funded estate after an Igboman.

Well, Governor Fashola, this is your payback. Stop your omoluabi with a bloodline that has no appreciation and share no respect for the ideals of omoluabi.

Ibo is omo judasi bi and must be handled forcefully.

What else would you expect ingrates do?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by aljharem(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Fashiola must apologise or we deport him to his ancestral home in Ekiti State. We must tell him were all immigrants in Lagos State despite he denied burying his father in Ekiti State because he wants to claim Lagos Indegene

My friend no apology will be made and it is fashola's grand father that is from Ekiti but have naturalised with we indigenes because

1. He speaks Yoruba
2. Lagos is a yoruba state
3. Aworis have accepted him and call him Awori (Eko) as well

So do your worse

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by goodslayer: 8:59am On Aug 08, 2013
alj harem:

My friend no apology will be made and it is fashola's grand father that is from Ekiti but have naturalised with we indigenes because

1. He speaks Yoruba

So do your worse

hey mister fashola grand father is from lagos stop the misinformation. Go read about the family history.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2013
alj harem:

1. He speaks Yoruba

So do your worse

lol @ Naturalised

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 08, 2013
It is becoming increasing clear that the only way to douse tensions is to have this matter resolved in a court of law.

A Lagos-based rights group, the Due Process Advocates (DPA), is heading for court in a bid to stop the deportation of Nigerian citizens from states where they choose to reside to their states of origin. DPA also intends to seek redress for those already subjected to what it described as a shameful practice and the flagrant abuse of citizen rights as enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution.

Speaking on the forthcoming suit, DPA Founder/Principal Administrator, Emeka Ugwuonye, Esquire, said he has been holding meetings with the lawyers working with him “in planning the best way to enforce the constitutional rights of the Nigerian citizens who were recently expelled from Lagos by the Government of Lagos State” as well as in preventing future deportations by any of the country’s 36 states. According to Ugwuonye in a statement in Lagos made available to News Express by e-mail:

“We view what happened as a gross violation of the rights of Nigerian citizens irrespective of any ethnic undertones to that event. Our goal is simply to enforce the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the relevant regional and international laws on rights.

“We welcome the outrage which these expulsions have generated. At the same time, my colleagues and I are greatly distressed by the growing tendency by various groupings to interpret what happened strictly from ethnic point of view and the infectious fever of ethnic politics. Such an approach is no doubt a defeat of reason and commonsense. Nigerians must resist the urge to disunite or fractionate on something as vital and basic as the rights of the common man. Nigerians must not allow the practitioners of the politics of divide-and-rule to enlist them in the parochial conflict of ethnicity and incitement.

“The average Nigerian has suffered a lot of persecution and abuse of rights over the years. He has suffered acts of deliberate impoverishment in the hands of his leaders. He has suffered disdevelopment, backwardness and all forms of deprivations, while at the same time his leaders have lived in provocative affluence funded by their fat security votes. And to worsen this already terrible situation, the poorest of the poor among us could now be hunted down from pillar to post and rounded up like criminals, and detained for months, and then subjected to the shameless acts of expulsion from one part of Nigeria to another. This is the time really to try to use the law to protect these victims, as is the true intention of the constitution.

“What happened in Lagos, while remarkable in some respects, has not been unique to Lagos State. Other State Governments have engaged in similar or comparable patterns of unlawful exclusion of Nigerian citizens from their territories for one reason or the other. Akwa Ibom did it. Abia State did it. And the remaining states are planning to do it in the belief that once people from their states have been forced back to hem, they owed it a duty to carry out a reciprocal expulsion of indigenes from the other states. In such a manner, various subdivisions of the Nigerian polity, down to local governments, are being guided by the same despicable principles to exclude Nigerians from their territories.

Read More: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2456&title=Deportation:-Group-heads-for-court
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 08, 2013
Then again, going by the extent to which the debate has broadened out to attract ancillary matters, it is difficult to see how the LSG can possibly placate all discordant voices, at this stage.

Time to break Lagos’ monopoly as Nigeria’s socio-economic capital —MASSOB, Intersociety & Anambra CLO

...In view of the foregoing, therefore, it is about time Lagos State’s age-long monopoly of Nigeria’s socioeconomic capital got broken and decentralised. To this extent, it is our demand that the South-East Governors Forum and other core stakeholders should hold talks with the Federal Government of Nigeria so as to get the foreign missions in the country particularly those of Europe, North American, India, China and other South-East Asia and the Gulf Cooperation Council to open their consulate offices in Enugu for visa procession and obtainment and related issues. A situation whereby the South-East and the South-South Nigerian citizens have to travel to Lagos to obtain visas for international travels is not only condemned but also amounts to diplomatic enslavement. Also traveling to overseas through Lagos is not only death-prone, but also harsh and wicked policy that must be reversed. The upgrading of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport is a welcome development, but it is not enough. Efforts must be made to equip it and make it to wear the outlook of a modern international airport so as to meet international aviation qualities to be able to attract not cabin coffins but internationally certified healthy aircrafts.

Having an international airport is not enough if access routes to it are not provided and maintained at all times. To this extent, it is our joint call that the Onitsha-Enugu and the Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriage Ways, which are now death traps, should be reconstructed as a matter of uttermost immediacy. For immediate and effective utilisation of the international airport, the five states of the South-East should jointly fund the reconstruction of the two important roads and seek for refund from the Federal Government of Nigeria later. There is also need to decongest and decentralise Lagos wharfs. In view of this, cargoieing container goods to Port Harcourt wharfs, which are more friendly and convenient for traders of the Southeast and the South-South zones, should be encouraged and intensified.

There should also be proper dredging of the River Niger and construction of medium size wharf in Onitsha as part of the decongestion and decentralisation of the Lagos economic capital monopoly. For easy conveyance of goods and services to Onitsha, Nnewi and Enugu, a connecting bridge should be built between the Ogwuikpere- Ogbaru part of Anambra State and the Ndoni part of River State, which, when built, will shorten the distance between Port Harcourt, Rivers State and Onitsha, Anambra State, to about one and a half hours as against the seven hours’ drive from Lagos to Onitsha, Anambra State.

In addition to existing industrial layouts in the South-East zone, there should be established new ones to be decentralised and sited in Anambra, Imo, Abia, Enugu and Ebonyi states and they should be provided with modern industrial incentives such as roads, power station, human, physical and policy security as well as tax concessions. Entrepreneur Igbo-Lagosians should begin to divest and invest in their ancestral zone. This is in line with the spirit and letters of the Constitution, Federalism and their ancestral norms, which empower them through freewill to move, reside and invest freely in any part of Nigeria. It is in view of this that we wish to commend the likes of INNOSON Group of Companies, Orange Drugs Nigeria Limited and JUHEL Pharmaceutical Limited for taking a bold step in establishing industries in their ancestral zone. That Lagos State that today tags poor Igbo-Lagosians as “destitute”, survives economically today, is evidenced by 40% contributions made monthly by prosperous and enterprising Igbo-Lagosians into its internally generated revenues, which records monthly benchmark of about N23.5 billion.

We wish to reveal to the world that the Igbo-Nigerians are not only targeted for pogrom and ethnic cleansing by their Hausa-Fulani federating partners, but we are also pursued through media warfare and economic enslavement by our Yoruba federating partners. For instance, the averted plane crash that nearly killed the Anambra Governor and others about three months ago has to do with a distress call that he received informing him of malicious efforts of some political interest individuals from the Lagos axis of the South-West to confuse and corner the world’s largest brewery domiciled in South Africa to divert its planned mega brewery project slated to be built in a South-East city to an area in Lagos called Epe Industrial Estate. This would have made the company to pull out of a South-East city where it just completed and opened a brewing site. Its proposed mega brewery is said have been designed to be three times larger than an existing brewery located at the Ninth Mile area of Enugu State. The same Igbo-Nigerian enemies were fingered as brains behind those discouraging foreign investors that have chosen to invest in Anambra State to turn their back on the state and its people.

Further, the immortal vision of the late Obafemi Awolowo that necessitated the introduction of television in 1955 in the old West, which signaled its media access, ownership and control in Nigeria, has been defeated and brutally bastardised. The hitherto “gong of social emancipation” is now an instrument of institutionalisation of falsehood and ethnic jingoism. Our tribute to the inventors of the electronic/social media knows no bounds. The South-West’s loss of the ownership and control of the media including the print media is clearly evident. An effective counter-force is herby established. The era of concoction of theoretical falsehood and barefaced ethnic interest masqueraded in federalism theory and their imposition on all federating units and their constituents through ethnically breaded media is gone for good. The fame, for which the South-West media was known, died after anti military and pro-democracy struggles in 1999.

Finally, we wish to restate our firm position that no amount of warfare by an obsolete section of the Nigerian media and concocted defences and falsehood will water down the abominable and grossly unconstitutional action of the Government of Lagos State, which is now christened “Lagos Disease” or “Lagos Constitutional Tuberculosis’. If the Lagos State Government and its APCares afraid of losing any forthcoming elections in Nigeria including the Anambra 2013, then it serves them right so that next they will never embark on such unconstitutional and illegal acts especially during the election season. It is laughable to observe those canvassing that 14, not 67 or 72 citizens were internally deported from Lagos to Onitsha at the hours of the dead. We wish to repeat what we said before that by convention, liars use passive voice, while truth tellers use active voice. It is a case of forged and unverified document manufactured by the LASG versus testimonial pieces of evidence obtained from some mentally coherent deportees. By testimonial pieces of evidence in our custody, the number of deportees, which is 72, is incontestable. Also the number of citizens deported is immaterial and has nothing to do with the unconstitutionality of the act.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 08, 2013
eGuerrilla: It is becoming increasing clear that the only way to douse tensions is to have this matter resolved in a court of law.

Read More: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2456&title=Deportation:-Group-heads-for-court

So in your widest dreams, u think a court resolution will have any power to resolve this (lets even say Fashola might eventually be d winner of such case)?....

LOL bro. The worst that can occur is for igbos in Lagos to cause an unrest through demonstrations in d state, which i am 100%sure they wont DARE such suicidal move.
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by YesBosss(m): 9:49am On Aug 08, 2013
grin grin grin grin lwkmd
Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by YesBosss(m): 9:52am On Aug 08, 2013
alj harem:

1. He speaks Yoruba

So do your worse

Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) is a descendant of the patriarch of the Fashola family, Alfa Bello Fashola of Princess Street in Isale Gangan, Lagos. On the Fashola family tree, he is the great-great grandson of Bello Fashola, a philanthropist and a very close friend of Esugbayi Eleko, who contributed morally and financially to the struggle to return Esugbayi Eleko to Lagos after the Oba's banishment from his kingdom by the then colonial government. Bello Fashola had 137 children with Tiamiyu Bashorun Fashola as the eldest child. The direct linkage is as follows: Bello Fashola begat Tiamiyu Fashola, who begat Raji Olayinka Fashola, who begat Ademola Fashola who begat Babatunde Raji Fashola.

He is also linked to Isale Eko through his paternal grandmother who is a direct descendant of the Shomade/Bashua family of Obun Eko and Suenu chieftaincy family house. His paternal great, great grandmother was Jarinatu Okunnu from Isale Eko Onilegbe family whilst his maternal great grandmother is from Idumagbo Isale Eko of the Suenu Chieftaincy family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babatunde_Fashola

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2013
Why is MASSOB interested in the affairs of Nigeria and Nigerians?

They said a near-crash was averted during flight. Was Obi the pilot?

MASSOB has been trying by all means, and unsuccessfully, to tax ibos. This is their opportunity.

To all ndigbos, MASSOB has blown the trumpet to return and resettle back home.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2013
We have Igbo -Nigerians and we have Igbo-Biafrans...

Most of those on NL are obviously Igbo -Biafrans

LWKMD grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 08, 2013
YesBosss:

Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) is a descendant of the patriarch of the Fashola family, Alfa Bello Fashola of Princess Street in Isale Gangan, Lagos. On the Fashola family tree, he is the great-great grandson of Bello Fashola, a philanthropist and a very close friend of Esugbayi Eleko, who contributed morally and financially to the struggle to return Esugbayi Eleko to Lagos after the Oba's banishment from his kingdom by the then colonial government. Bello Fashola had 137 children with Tiamiyu Bashorun Fashola as the eldest child. The direct linkage is as follows: Bello Fashola begat Tiamiyu Fashola, who begat Raji Olayinka Fashola, who begat Ademola Fashola who begat Babatunde Raji Fashola.

He is also linked to Isale Eko through his paternal grandmother who is a direct descendant of the Shomade/Bashua family of Obun Eko and Suenu chieftaincy family house. His paternal great, great grandmother was Jarinatu Okunnu from Isale Eko Onilegbe family whilst his maternal great grandmother is from Idumagbo Isale Eko of the Suenu Chieftaincy family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babatunde_Fashola

Thank you....

I wondered the purpose of the initial misinformation tho'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is Murutala's Face Still On The 20 Naira Note? / Why Did Nigeria Government Changed Bight Of Biafra To Bight Of Bonny / It Will Cost Biafra $15! To Transit A Barrel Of Crude TO Across Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.