Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues (6382 Views)

My Car Issues / Car Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by georgikpons: 9:23am On Sep 05, 2013
Op my exhaust makes a loud sound when i start my car in the morning it's not leaking as we've checked so many times. I was told i need to put a basket in my exhaust eat my "indomie" is broken - the car is guzzlin fuel like mad dunno if u have any suggestion. Tanz
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by gabelogan(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2013
Hi,
Need a bit of help with my toyota camry 08 model. Pulled the error code p0136. Where is the location of bank1 sensor 2? Is it in the exhaust or close to the maifold? Also, do both use thesame oxygen sensor?
Thanks
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Goodday nairalanders, pls I have. A big issue wit my mazda mpv automatic gear. I bought it as a used car and the ride was smooth tiill it over heated badly on my way from lagos to benin. City and it affected the engine so I changed the engine.since then, the car jumps when. Leaving gear1 and sometimes refuse to change. From gear 1 until I off and on. Again. I planned using the car for transport bizness from warri to abuja. Someone pls advice me on what to do before I make a mistake.should I have to. Change the gearbox or I shud convert it to manual? Are mazda mpv good for that kind of dstance for transport? Your candid views needed. Thanks.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by olorire2013: 11:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Honda accord 94,auto,4 plugs.D car still moves well but oil leaks from d cylinder and plugs get soaks every 5days.it emits white smoke.D problem is d oil leak around d cylinder.Pls @autodudez,should I change d cylinder or buy half engine?Thanks
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by HenryRaphael: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
autodudez: From my experience in Nija as an Automotive proffessional i have come to the conclusion that the major problem we face which has caused many car owners lots of head ache frustration and money is proper diagnosis or troubleshooting of car faults.so let do proper diagnosis here.post your problems and lets solve it here and save you time money and head ache
Please what will make a car not to raive well,raive as if there is not much fuel,but it starts one hand,only need small tarping on accelerator to till it fully come up,i think something is hindering the power transmition especially on gear.please advice.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Henry Raphael:
Please what will make a car not to raive well,raive as if there is not much fuel,but it starts one hand,only need small tarping on accelerator to till it fully come up,i think something is hindering the power transmition especially on gear.please advice.

To get the best advice, why not mention the engine conversion? Or at least link your other thread?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by HenryRaphael: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Siena:

To get the best advice, why not mention the engine conversion? Or at least link your other thread?

My oga siena,i really need solution to this problem,even if am to sell the van atleast i need to give somebody good thing
'we dont pluck out the eye socket just because we want to remove sand.there could be other way to resolve this and you know it,just that when people hear convertion,they feel is something strange,i have seen passat engine in Danfo,even toyota engine in freelander of which you have seen here.the problem is between the mixture of air and fuel,the gear selects well and it runs well,but just at the raiving of engine.You have solved bigger issue here,i know what you can do,just that when you hear the convertion of a thing you take it as there is nothing you can do but there is sir,If fuel pump pumps well and injector does the work well and air and fuel enters appropriately what will stop the car from moving.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by ayoaces: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2013
My car consumes engine oil. In less than a month after full servicing the oil was already short, i had to top with another 2 litres. i work on the island and live at oworo so the distance isnt much. then the exhaust smokes too. been to different mechanics. One said i have to ring it. Another said its an injector problem. Then 2 others said to change the engine totally. So, what would you advice. Thanks
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
what car?
ayoaces: My car consumes engine oil. In less than a month after full servicing the oil was already short, i had to top with another 2 litres. i work on the island and live at oworo so the distance isnt much. then the exhaust smokes too. been to different mechanics. One said i have to ring it. Another said its an injector problem. Then 2 others said to change the engine totally. So, what would you advice. Thanks

if its consuming oil then rings might be the culprit....it may also be the oil seals provided there is leakage in the engine bay and noticeable oil drops when parked.
That said what is the color of the "smoke" black or bluish....the former is linked to the fuel system (injector) while the latter has to do with engine oil...so what is your car "smoke" color?

Now what type of car are you using?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 3:32am On Sep 24, 2013
olorire2013: Honda accord 94,auto,4 plugs.D car still move
s well but oil leaks from d cylinder and plugs get soaks every 5days.it emits white smoke.D problem is d oil leak around d cylinder.Pls @autodudez,should I change d cylinder or buy half engine?Thanks
il sugest u buy half an engine
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 3:40am On Sep 24, 2013
Henry Raphael:
what car is this?
But first of all service the fuel system.fuel pump pressure,fuel pump filter and injectors. also check ur air filter for clogin.if this dosnt solve ur problem do a diagnosis scan n get bk to me.u can can call 08060018388
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by micfoley: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hi. I had this problem with my Toyota corolla 2005 American specs a while back. The car refused to start after I had changed the fuel pump like 4 times in 2 wks. I noticed that in the mornings the car would start. If I drove for like 5km then stop to buy something for like a minute or two, the car would refuse to re-start. It continued like this for a while. . However if I leave the car for like 2-3hrs to cool, it would then start. What could have been the cause
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
mic foley: Hi. I had this problem with my Toyota corolla 2005 American specs a while back. The car refused to start after I had changed the fuel pump like 4 times in 2 wks. I noticed that in the mornings the car would start. If I drove for like 5km then stop to buy something for like a minute or two, the car would refuse to re-start. It continued like this for a while. . However if I leave the car for like 2-3hrs to cool, it would then start. What could have been the cause

what makes you think it is the fuel pump ?

next time try this when it refuses to start disconnet the fuel line on the fuel rail and start the car fuel should come on (remember not disconnet the return time )
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by vitality22(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2013
Auto gurus in the house, pls i need your assistance on the following:
The best Power steering oil for my ride.
The best ATF for my ride
The ride is Nissan xterra 2001 model.
Pls i need your urgent answers, just see how you can help a brother in need.
Thanks a bunch
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by vitality22(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
Somebody pls help a broda in need.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by smithoo(m): 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hi autodudez, Though you didnt attend to my request i am not upset. I need help and believe you can be of assistance. Can you avail me your phone nos or email address to enable me reach you. Thanks.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2013
tee2faith: Please help o!
Users of Honda Accord and all, please help o.
I got this Honda Accord 2003 EX in February. I changed
the engine oil and filter on April 20.
On June 10, I realized that the oil is short and below the
minimum gauge, I decide to change the engine oil and filter
again but this time, I opted for Mobil 1 after trying
endlessly to get 5W-20, I didn't really use the car other
than going to and fro the office. I checked the oil last
week after a journey from Abuja to Akure and realize
that the oil was below the minimum gauge( I didn't actually
check it before I embarked on the journey, I don't know if
its the Mobil 1 engine oil that is not compatible with the
car.
I want to go and service the car again, please advise me
on the engine oil to use and I won't mind if anyone can
also direct me to a good auto-mechanic in Abuja.
Also does anyone know why these 2 lights should be on:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp and the ABS light, I think it
has been like that since I got the car.
Please help me before another of this Abuja trial and
error road side guys fry my pocket o.

my experience with Mobil 1000 is very unpalatable. The oil is too light. My mechanic recommended it as high grade when i got the sienna but it wasnt delivering the protection i wanted for my engine.

Whenever i do a 700km trip, it shorts oil so much. So i now use cheap A-Z multipurpose oil for my 1998 Sienna... Good result obtained.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
smithoo: Hi autodudez, Though you didnt attend to my request i am not upset. I need help and believe you can be of assistance. Can you avail me your phone nos or email address to enable me reach you. Thanks.
am . amadiokechukwu@gmail.com
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 12:03am On Oct 04, 2013
mic foley: Hi. I had this problem with my Toyota corolla 2005 American specs a while back. The car refused to start after I had changed the fuel pump like 4 times in 2 wks. I noticed that in the mornings the car would start. If I drove for like 5km then stop to buy something for like a minute or two, the car would refuse to re-start. It continued like this for a while. . However if I leave the car for like 2-3hrs to cool, it would then start. What could have been the cause
do a diagnosis and trobleshoot the codes. but the syptoms look like you have a faulty crank sensor
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Ricoluv(m): 12:52am On Oct 04, 2013
Good day car gurus, pls i have a challenge. With my Nissan pathfinder 2001 model..the car started jerking all of a sudden with the check engine light coming on and off. Did a scan and got an error code with d description "cylinder1misfire detected". Now d car does not start. I got my mechanic to check and see wat d issue was and apparently, the spark plug in d cylinder 1 seems to have had its firing head scrapped by metal. We replaced d plug and same thing happened with the new plug also getting its firing tip scrapped and pressed all d way down. My mechanic says dere is a problem in dat cylinder and he would have to disassemble the engine to find out what it could be. Pls does anyone have a clue what could be causing this and how serious this problem really is?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by cunlay007(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2013
Help!!! Can any1 tell me the reason why my 2000 pathfinder keeps draining new battery over night,ve been removing the + side of the battery after packing it at night cos if I don't it will not start in the morin & dis is a new battery...help
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by arcis: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2013
Pls which ATF oil is good for Mitsubishi Carisma 1998 Automatic car.

Thank you.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 8:02am On Oct 24, 2013
cunlay007: Help!!! Can any1 tell me the reason why my 2000 pathfinder keeps draining new battery over night,ve been removing the + side of the battery after packing it at night cos if I don't it will not start in the morin & dis is a new battery...help
some device or bulb doesn't go off when. you have parked the car. u need an electrician to find out what it is.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2013
Ricoluv: Good day car gurus, pls i have a challenge. With my Nissan pathfinder 2001 model..the car started jerking all of a sudden with the check engine light coming on and off. Did a scan and got an error code with d description "cylinder1misfire detected". Now d car does not start. I got my mechanic to check and see wat d issue was and apparently, the spark plug in d cylinder 1 seems to have had its firing head scrapped by metal. We replaced d plug and same thing happened with the new plug also getting its firing tip scrapped and pressed all d way down. My mechanic says dere is a problem in dat cylinder and he would have to disassemble the engine to find out what it could be. Pls does anyone have a clue what could be causing this and how serious this problem really is?
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by autodudez: 8:05am On Oct 24, 2013
Ricoluv: Good day car gurus, pls i have a challenge. With my Nissan pathfinder 2001 model..the car started jerking all of a sudden with the check engine light coming on and off. Did a scan and got an error code with d description "cylinder1misfire detected". Now d car does not start. I got my mechanic to check and see wat d issue was and apparently, the spark plug in d cylinder 1 seems to have had its firing head scrapped by metal. We replaced d plug and same thing happened with the new plug also getting its firing tip scrapped and pressed all d way down. My mechanic says dere is a problem in dat cylinder and he would have to disassemble the engine to find out what it could be. Pls does anyone have a clue what could be causing this and how serious this problem really is?
your mechanic is right. you need to take the engine apart to see what mechanical. damages have happened
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by adahib: 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2013
Please my '07 camry brings out white smoke (not too much though) in the morning, what could possibly be the problem? I think (i may be wrong though) that it's more severe immediately after I change the oil. I use mobil 1000.. Thanks
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by areee(m): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2013
Hello, I'm using 1998 Camry (my first car) I notice the check sign is on and my ABS is on too.
Also, anytime I fill up my tank, it delays in starting. My last encounter was funny, I spent like 30 mins at d filling station b4 it eventually start. If I don't filled up my tank, there won't be dis issue.
What can I do to resolve these issues.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by yakosteal: 9:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hello. My honda baby boy 2000 doesnt fire well.it was discovered that fuel wasnt being delivered to the engine.the mechanic told me to change d fuel pump which i did twice with no improvement. He said its likely an electrical fault thats stopping the fuel pump from sending enough fuel. Please advise.thanks
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by Issyman(m): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2013
pls house, how can I get a master key and remote control for my 02/03 Toyota camry. I have the key number with me. the car only came with the spare key. thanks to you all.
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by ariesfitness(m): 5:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hello experts in the house.

I just got a car from a frnd. A 2001 honda accord v4. It drives fairly smoothly, but has some isssues.

1. It leaks a little engine oil.

2. When the AC is on, and the car is in traffic , and I'm stepping on the brake while on gear 4, the engine vibrates a lot.

3. Also , when I've driven for a while, and negotiating a turn, the sterring hums loudly.( I've topped up the sterring fluid but it didn't work)

4. I also feel , it needs maintenance by a good mechanic.

Can any one in the house speciall the likes of CARDOCTOR direct me to a good mechanic that can look at the car as a whole and advise me accordingly??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.p.s I'm in lagos. Any place around gbagada. Yaba ,surulere etc will do
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by miked1(m): 10:03am On Nov 01, 2013
friends, i would need advise on how to solve the performance issue on my acura mdx 2001 model. when moving between 20-50 miles, it stutters and vtm-4 engine light comes up. I scanned and the code i got was P1491 (EGR Valve Insufficient Lift). i have done the following but the engine still hesitates:
1. I have changed the EGR Valve
2. I have cleaned the clogged ports on the manifold
3. I have changed the spark plugs and changed oil + filter
4. introduced injector cleaner into the fuel system. i had cleaned the injectors

what else can i do? any body in lagos had similar issue and how was it resolved?

awaiting your responses
Re: Fix All Your Troubling Car Issues by davou4eva(m): 11:27am On Nov 01, 2013
Hi, Why white smoke when car is on idle, probably in traffic and once you accelerate it stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Fastest Cars In The World / Honda Civic 2006/7 Problems. (us Spec) / Our Staffs Are Still Intact INNOSON Motors. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.