Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Something Of Concern - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Something Of Concern (414 Views)

Buhari's Many Mistakes - A Thing Of Concern / Observers From US & UK Express Concern Over Election Result Validity In Rivers / Fiba Championship: Ujiri Decries Lack Of Concern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something Of Concern by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
Time after time we have been warned about blocking the drainage system and building houses on water ways. History has always repeated itself via flooding when the ocean tides rise. Several times I have watched the Eko Atlantic Island advert. It really dawned on me when I observed that some area in Marine Base, Port Harcourt have been flooded. A common event called "big water". The question on mind is, do we just do things for the time being and forget the future. We have constantly been reminded of Global Warming and the melting of the ice on the ice pole, which in turn will lead to rise in tidal levels. Are we being foolish for trying to drive the oceans when we have vast land areas? Should the authorities involved do a rethink? Or should we rely on Engineering?
Re: Something Of Concern by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
Barely one day of this post I am seeing little or no response. Watching STv ten O' Clock news. Lekki flooding, Ilashan Estate which most residents attributed to the on-going eko atlantic sand filling. Also Bauchi state flooding.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fashola’s Father Buried In Ikoyi, Lagos / Those Who Are Not Faithful In Little Thing Cant beIn Big Things -engr Musiwa / Macaulay Urges Public Servants To Emulate Onyeobi's Leadership Qualities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.