Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake (44559 Views)

MTN Is Giving Out Free 150mb / MTN Nigeria Latest Internet Data Bundle With Upto 2.5GB Free Data -mymobnet.com / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by pumpingmachine: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
MTN Nigeria has confirmed it recorded a glitch on its system that resulted in a host of subscribers enjoying free 3GB data bundles.

HumanIPO revealed on Monday MTN’s customers had noticed they had not been charged for the substantial data bundle, but the the network operator had remained silent on the issue.

Chineze Gbenga-Oluwatoye, senior manager of corporate communications at the corporate services division of MTN Nigeria, has now told HumanIPO the network’s data charging interface was affected.

“A series of service disruptions occurred which affected the charging interface for this data service,” Gbenga-Oluwatoye said HumanIPO.

The company also confirmed HumanIPO’s earlier report that the glitch had been fixed.

Chineze said: “These issues have since been resolved and the regular charging process restored.”

According to the latest figures released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), MTN at the end of the first quarter had 22,725,089 subscribers, meaning
the loss could be substantial http://www.humanipo.com/news/29286/mtn-nigeria-confirms-system-glitch-blames-service-disruptions/

5 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by hakunajay(m): 1:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
may your systems continue to experience glitches every day... lol... tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin

152 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Enegod(m): 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
hakunajay: may your systems continue to experience glitches every day... lol... tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
amen grin

31 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by thunderclap(m): 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
why etisalat and airtel no dey experience dis kind tin nah

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by kaymax: 2:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
lol!! @ least...twas fun while it lasted!!

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by okolo2002(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
Mtn is not straight in their dealing with subscribers, recently they caped their data limit for blackberry users and just recently I noticed they blocked downloads from certain sites which as far as the subscriber is concerned has been paid for..
They give reasons why u can't and should not tether blackberry service with other devices, claiming and I quote "blackberry service is exclusively for blackberry devices".
They sweet talk u to stay with their network telling the subscriber how bad the services of other networks are out there and when u finally pay for subscription for any of the blackberry services hey limit your usage and cap the sites you can download from.

Well I got news for MTN staff and their crafty services, NOTHING LASTS FOREVER!!! What goes around comes around.

If the Roman empire can fall, then u knw the rest...

17 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Next2Bezee(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
But this glitch isn't new...I was rocking it for 10 months all though last year before i left Nigeria, My 2 MTN sims were browsing free all on their own and i been dey even use dem dey call customer care wella but MTN no catch me. grin

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by delikay4luv: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
kaymax: lol!! @ least...twas fun while it lasted!!
more to come
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by lifestyle1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
Some were given 50G worth of data

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by adtiezy1(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
so happy,..naija guys nur dey dull nah
tongue
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Forzap: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
Lol,e gud like dat,d moni u steal frm customerz is more 3GB,so dont complain!MTyeye
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by LilDonne(m): 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
WHO SEND THEM? May it continue to experience such
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Jamji: 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
We need another cheat
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by free2ryhme: 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
pumpingmachine: MTN Nigeria has confirmed it recorded a glitch on its system that resulted in a host of subscribers enjoying free 3GB data bundles.

HumanIPO revealed on Monday MTN’s customers had noticed they had not been charged for the substantial data bundle, but the the network operator had remained silent on the issue.

Chineze Gbenga-Oluwatoye, senior manager of corporate communications at the corporate services division of MTN Nigeria, has now told HumanIPO the network’s data charging interface was affected.

“A series of service disruptions occurred which affected the charging interface for this data service,” Gbenga-Oluwatoye said HumanIPO.

The company also confirmed HumanIPO’s earlier report that the glitch had been fixed.

Chineze said: “These issues have since been resolved and the regular charging process restored.”

According to the latest figures released by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), MTN at the end of the first quarter had 22,725,089 subscribers, meaning
the loss could be substantial http://www.humanipo.com/news/29286/mtn-nigeria-confirms-system-glitch-blames-service-disruptions/

we are waiting for the glitchin to affect the credit recharge system of MThievesN grin

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by mediachirps(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
glitch, bleach, what ever let noting happen to my 4 Sims with 3gig each!

6 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by idrisjunior(m): 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
at least i flexed it while it lasted... Habatically

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Myque1(m): 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
Too bad...for MTN
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 09, 2013
grin 1st to comment
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Emmysteve(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
IT WAS REALLY FUN grin
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Pita99(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
So that's why I could not continue my browsing yesterday? Haba MTN U na for leave me make I finish my 3G nw!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by IAMBREEZY: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
That useless network

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by anthoniosp(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
And me no com benefit ?? Na wa ooh how come mtn com notice na?? Hmm its nt fair

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by greatestman(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2013
okolo2002: Mtn is not straight in their dealing with subscribers, recently they caped their data limit for blackberry users and just recently I noticed they blocked downloads from certain sites which as far as the subscriber is concerned has been paid for..
They give reasons why u can't and should not tether blackberry service with other devices, claiming and I quote "blackberry service is exclusively for blackberry devices".
They sweet talk u to stay with their network telling the subscriber how bad the services of other networks are out there and when u finally pay for subscription for any of the blackberry services hey limit your usage and cap the sites you can download from.

Well I got news for MTN staff and their crafty services, NOTHING LASTS FOREVER!!! What goes around comes around.

If the Roman empire can fall, then u knw the rest...
Bros. MTN GPRS no good for my area I dey flex my Airtel and Etisalat

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Dabss(m): 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
We don't need that 3gigs kind of glitch. we want the unlimited one grin

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
Enegod: amen grin

U never know mtn. U will still pay it back indirectly. Wait and see. grin grin

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by odibenson(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
hahahhaha amen oooooo
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by anthoniosp(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
ameeeen
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by damosky12(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
Choi! 9ja guys. Ehn! Mtn block all thier free browsing cheats. Na witchcraft cheatcode dy rock now. Chai 9ja nor dy carry last.
Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by canalily(m): 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
shocked sorry oo o o !! ? Ah! Buh i didn't get any! Please MTN abeg repeat that lucrative mistake again! !

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by ajasa4link: 1:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ogun kill the engineer wey fix the glitch o....

10 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Emmysteve(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
I really enjoy am wella: updated all my apps, downloaded about 26 videos with an average of 20MB each, watched Dr damages's episode 99 grin grin(26 minutes Youtube ), Keeping it real with Adeola (23mins Youtube) plus countless Youtube videos. What more can i say? Its a win win situation

2 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake by Olumidzti(m): 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
We knew it was a mistake, we just wished you overlooked it for like 3 weeks... MTN.. Maga To Nice..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Prediction About Hand Phones In 1963 People Didn't Believe Then / #thehottestone Is Finally Revealed(1) / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.