Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

The Special One Is Back! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Special One Is Back! (2613 Views)

LOL! Funny Pic: Porto 2 Chelsea 1 And You Say Mourinho Is The Special One / Nigerian Special Athletes Win Big At The Special Olympics Games In Usa..photos / Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2008
Former Chelsea boss, Jose Mourinho is back in club management after being confirmed as the new boss of Inter Milan.

He replaces Roberto Mancini at the San Siro, who has left the Serie A champions despite leading them to a third consecutive title.

The ex-Porto boss has penned a three-year contract with Inter and there will be mounting talk that he could make transfer moves for some of his former players, including the likes of Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard and Deco.

Now the big question and one which stirs ma curiousity as a big fan of the aforementioned man is, why bring such pressure on your shoulders as a coach, considering the unpalatable circumstanses surrounding Mancini's sack.

Inter would expect Jose to win the Champions league in his first season as that obviously was their reason for sacking Mancini even though he brought them three(3) back to back serie A titles.

Another question - Would Inter milan's fan base multiply with this move, considering that most Chelsea fans (Moi included) are practically head over heels in love with the said bloke.

Third question - would this move see the likes of Drogba, Essien and Lampard start a mass exodus to Italy?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2008
The Special One?
He has rubbished that tag . . . . .He said he is just a great manager not SPECIAL.

Anyways, i hope he continues with his loud-ass mouth in Italy.
Will Drogba, Lampard and Carvalho move to Inter Milan? grin grin grin

Gloomy days ahead for Chelski fans.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by justkunmi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2008
fan base would def'ly increase with muppets and glory hunters. . .

Good for Maureen though. , and I pray he meets Chelsea in the 2nd round next season.
Wld kill to see the look on the faces of Chelsea fans when he leads Inter to Stamford Bridge and get a win. . grin

1 Like

Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2008
@Xerxes ??

Jose would always be the special one to all his fans. There's nothing he or anyone else for that matter can do to change that!

@JK

Don't hold your breath on that one yet. At least not until we know for certain what Chelsea would look like next season.
Something tells me Chelsea would be radically different with a great new coach and a different style of play.

Methinks Mr. Cash has got a few tricks up his sleeve in the transfer world this off-season.

As for Jose, I'd always love him, not just for his brilliance as a coach, but for his win-at-all-cost mentality and love for playing under pressure, hence his taking the Milan job, knowing fully well that he'd be in trouble if he doesn't deliver on Europe and win the Serie A, which is becoming a tradition with Inter Milan.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Razorr,

Should Chelsea meet Inter Milan in the S/final of next season's Champions league, who would u be rooting for?
I asked this question cos most Chelsea fans are not genuinely supporting Chelsea but Jose Mourinho.
Akola is a classic example. What are you?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by justkunmi(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
Razorr
Is Mr. Cash not tired of spending already??
Now he has to get a top notch coach, replacements for exiting players and nu ones. . .
I guess there's still enough quid in the vault. . .

Waiting for a Chelsea-Inter game next season. . .and trust me, UEFA likes stuvvz like that. They would not miss a chance to make so much money.
Imagine the monetary value of a Maureen - Abrahamovich face off. . .Bring out your calculators. . grin
UEFA would soooo fix this. . .any bets??
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2008
@Jackal

Chelsea ofcourse! Club allegiance outweighs our like for a particular character, especially as exciting times are expected to kick off in Chelsea next season.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2008
justkunmi:

Razorr
Is Mr. Cash not tired of spending already??
Now he has to get a top notch coach, replacements for exiting players and nu ones. . .
I guess is quid is still enough in the reservoir. . .

Waiting for a Chelsea-Inter game next season. . .ad trust me, UEFA likes stuvvz like that. They would not miss a chance to make so much money.
Imagine the monetary value of a Maureen - Abrahamovich face off. . .Bring out your calculators. . grin
UEFA would so fix this. . .any bets??

U can stake on that. Games like this will sell more than TITANIC in the theatres.
Expect Inter n Chelsea to play in the same group. . . . .Can't remember if Inter is seeded.
Even if they are not. . . . .they will meet in the knock-out stages.

@ Razorr,

I don't think anything exciting will happen at Chelsea. I expect a mass exodus of Mourinho ass-lickers in the Chelsea team.
Drogba, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Carvalho, Ferreira and maybe Sidwell might join Inter.
What are the chances of Chelsea winning the PREM next season?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2008
Ok. . . Now I'm stunned!

Jose Mourinho would earn a record breaking 7.1 million pounds (9 million euros) a year! shocked The bloke would also be given 100 million pounds to shop for players!

Jose is yet again the richest footie coach on this planet!

Han han!
Where do those guys get these cash sef? Na wa o.
This ones again confirms the fact that the wealth of the richest clubs on the planet doesn't stem from winning the champions league, since Inter has not won it since the 1960s.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by justkunmi(m): 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2008
lucky bastard. .

from frying pan to fire. . .of cash that is. . .
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2008
Razorr:

Ok. . . Now I'm stunned!

Han han!
Where do those guys get these cash sef? Na wa o.
This ones again confirms the fact that the wealth of the richest clubs on the planet doesn't stem from winning the champions league, since Inter has not won it since the 1960s.

And who told u Man Utd cannot pay £10m per annum to secure a top class manager?
The fact that United don't spend lavishly like prodigal sons does not mean they don't have the pay.
We bought a defender for £30 million in 2002. . . . . . Inter has to match that before they can patch on United's wavelength.
AC Milan + Inter Milan cannot touch United's cheddarz. . . . .Capice?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by amodu(m): 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2008
Why are you guys emphasizing on Chelsea Vs Inter match?

As someone said earlier, you do not know what Chelsea wil look like next season, so do not be too confident that Mourinho will get rid of u s.

I am very happy that JM is back to footie, a lot have been said about him in the past month, now we wil hear a lot from him.

UP CHELSEA a million times and UP MOURINHO a thousand times!!!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2008
@Xerxes

See what I say about being egocentric versus being objective?
I mention that Jose is the richest manager and you immediately turn it into an attack on United and get defensive.

Na wa for you o.
There goes my promise to marry you. Go find yourself a new fiancee! grin tongue
Re: The Special One Is Back! by tkb417(m): 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2008
if not for the stupid ref. that disallowed scholesys goal against Porto, this dude will probably still be at Victoria Setubal or Boavista.

Inter of all places,even a billion dollars canot save Inter from thorough pummelling at the UCL

im sure Morratti knows all these. AC will be back next season, Juventus is back also

Verdict: expect ur special one to be sacked in 2 seasons!!!!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Razorr,

Do your research very well, babes.
Mourinho earning £7.1 million a year does not make him rich.
What about managers like Wenger and Ferguson who has been in the game for donkey years?
Are u aware Mourinho is on chicken fee up until 2004 @ Porto? cheesy grin

There are many single birds desperate to tie a man down.
Your threat to me is EMPTY.
I will find anutha chic if u decide to go. . . . . Go and make babies with Lordi or Trebosky.
The look of your babies in the delivery room would send u into a coma. tongue tongue

@ tkb417,

Touche.

Mourinho prolly doesn't know Moratti is egocentric himself. Jose loves to control/ do things his own way.
He won't get that chance at Inter Milan as everything starts and ends with Massimo Moratti.
Mourinho wanted Ibracadabra out of Inter and Moratti is just about to offer the Swede 12 million Euros per season mega deal. grin
I give Jose 6-12 months at Inter before he gets FIRED!!!! 2 big egos cannot work together.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2008
tkb417:

Inter of all places,even a billion dollars canot save Inter from thorough pummelling at the UCL

The same thing you guys said about Chelsea before we won the PREM back to back and soon after reached the champions league final.

With the right infusion of cash and management, any club can be turned into a major European force.

@Xerxes

That settles that then.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2008
Razorr:

@Xerxes

That settles that then.

What settles what?
Please expantiate before i smash your chesticles with ma desert eagle!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by justkunmi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2008
tkb
yeah, i remember the disallowed Scholes' goal. . .
That game made Maureen cos he got to the UCL final on that day. . .
and from there Chelsea. . . .and. . .

Razorr n' Jackal
Would u guys pls go get a room? wink
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2008
@Xerxes

You've done the expantiating yourself by calling me an ugly cow and saying my babies would look as ugly as Lucifer himself, so you can't be caught marrying me.
What more expantiating do you want?

It clearly is over between us, init? undecided
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 4:31pm On Jun 02, 2008
tkb417:

if not for the stupid ref. that disallowed scholesys goal against Porto, this dude will probably still be at Victoria Setubal or Boavista.

Winning is winning! At least that's what you guys said when you won this years C/L.
So stop moaning about events of 2004 and get over shit!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by tkb417(m): 4:43pm On Jun 02, 2008
@razorr
we beat Chelsea hands down!!! nothing shady in that
United vs Porto was a different thing entirely!!

and about adequate cash and management at Inter:
now ure sounding like u just started watching soccer. Inter has never lacked the expertise of a sound manager and also adequate funding.(Inter buys more than AC). Morratti isnt just buying Inter, hes been der with the billions eversince and the pummelling at the UCL hasnt abated so why compare chelsea with Inter

@Xerxes
Morratti is scared of the sudden comeback of the two italian giants hence the appointment of Maureen. Lets see how they work together.

I hope his (Maureen) advisers have spoken to him well about Italy. The Ultras and the mafias abound. He should learn how not to talk too much or else he gets his mama kidnapped.
rflmao!!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2008
Razorr:

@Xerxes

You've done the expantiating yourself by calling me an ugly cow and saying my babies would look as ugly as Lucifer himself, so you can't be caught marrying me.
What more expantiating do you want?

It clearly is over between us, init? undecided

Over between us? Razorr?
Think about this before it goes crazy!!!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2008
@TKB

Your knack for deliberately misunderstanding people in other to wind up looking intelligent and articulate ain't lost on me.

Go back to ma post and read it again. Slowly this time. . .

@Xerxes

You must go down on both knees and apologize for insinuating shit, so we can clear the air for good.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 4:55pm On Jun 02, 2008
Razorr:

@Xerxes

You must go down on both knees and apologize for insinuating shit, so we can clear the air for good.

What about wiring some funds into your account? cheesy grin
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2008
~Xerxes~:

What about wiring some funds into your account? cheesy grin

Haaaaaa Oniranu! Alakoba buruku!

Let's get back to the subject before JK gets a heart attack. Haaaaaaaaaa

Please please please, someone should help me relay a message to the special one. Tell him to hands off Essien or it'd be war!
Jose has a knack for going back to raid his previous club for players like he did when he raided Porto for Carvalho and Ferreira. He also had his eyes on Quaresma.

Tell him he can have Drogba(the boy don d'ey vex me). He can even have Malouda, Pizarro, SWP, Sidwell and Ben Haim(Mr. Bean). But he should kindly keep his special hands off Essien and Carvalho.

Lampard is sure to stay as he's been offered 130,000 pounds, so I'm no longer worried about his leaving.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2008
@ Razorr,

It's not about money for Lampard.
Fat Frank is tired of Chelsea's mis-management.
Chucking different managers up and down to manage the team has taken it's toll on Lampz.
Mourinho would be given £100 million to shop and his main targets are all in Chelsea. . . . Drogba, Lampard, Essien, Paulo and Ricardo. grin
Chelsea will be lucky to finish 5th next season. . . . It seems Tottenham/Man City are ready to take your position!!!
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 5:13pm On Jun 02, 2008
Naaaaa I can't believe this! - - -

Breaking news!!!!

Inter Milan places shock 50 Million Pound bid for Manchester United Ace Christiano Ronaldo!!

More to follow. . .

-Reuters News.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by tkb417(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2008
@razorr
"with the right infusion on cash and  management, any team can be turned into a major european force"

thats what u posted!!!
so what infusion of cash and management are u talking about?
enlighten me puhlease

Inter is fine by me so far they can pay 70million
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 5:18pm On Jun 02, 2008
Jose Mourinho eyes Michael Essien.  

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=719050

"The former Blues boss has been granted a gigantic transfer-chest of around ₤100 million by Inter president Massimo Moratti, according to reports from Italy.

The Special One is expected to raid Stamford Bridge during the summer, with attackers Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard heavily rumoured to be on the verge of switching to San Siro.

But The Sun claims Mourinho has made Essien his top target and will match the ₤24 million he paid to the Ghanaian from Olympique Lyonnaise three years ago.
". . . . . .

@ Razorr,

Ronaldo won't play in Italy. Who leaves a great team like Man Utd to play for a mediocre team like Inter?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Uche2nna(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2008
Not suprising, tho.

The writing had always been on the wall right from the day Mo sent that text message to Essien about the Inter job. I don't know about Didier or Lampard but Essien remains Mourinho's main target. And me thinks he would get him.

Ronaldo leaving Manchester United is like Maldini  leaving Ac Milan. I don't see that happening. With the way SAF has been moaning all over the press, I am sure he would do whatever it takes to keep hism most prized asset.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by nightrider: 6:12pm On Jun 02, 2008
Even if Mourinho gets $500 million dollars his ability to buy talented players should be called into question. The guys success rate is 2/10

Majority of the great players, apart from Essien, Drogba and Carvalho which he brought in wer Ranieri's buys.

He messed up with Shaun Wright Phillips, Alex, Boularhouz, Malouda, tiago, ben Haim, Pizarro, Maniche ( loan) , Kezman, paulo ferriera, Jarosik, Aiser Del Horno, Shevchenko ( even though forced on him) John Mikel Obi. ( questionable, but def not up to hsi potential) Sidwell ( did he even play a game)

all major flops, the list is longer, but i can't remember them all.

Out of the 100 million moratti gives him, he'll probably spend 80 millon on flops. Claudio Ranieri Was a better Judge of Players. He bought in Arjen Robben and Petr Cech Before he left, Bought Lampard and Joe cole etc.

Mourinho knows how to bring the best out of certain players. But can he buy players. If i wer him i'd keep the squad Mancini has left behind.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2008
nightrider:

Even if Mourinho gets $500 million dollars his ability to buy talented players should be called into question. The guys success rate is 2/10

Majority of the great players, apart from Essien, Drogba and Carvalho which he brought in wer Ranieri's buys.

He messed up with Shaun Wright Phillips, Alex, Boularhouz, Malouda, tiago, ben Haim, Pizarro, Maniche ( loan) , Kezman, paulo ferriera, Jarosik, Aiser Del Horno, Shevchenko ( even though forced on him) John Mikel Obi. ( questionable, but def not up to hsi potential) Sidwell ( did he even play a game)

all major flops, the list is longer, but i can't remember them all.

Out of the 100 million moratti gives him, he'll probably spend 80 millon on flops. Claudio Ranieri Was a better Judge of Players. He bought in Arjen Robben and Petr Cech Before he left, Bought Lampard and Joe cole etc.

Mourinho knows how to bring the best out of certain players. But can he buy players. If i wer him i'd keep the squad Mancini has left behind.

The snag here is 6 of Mancini's midfielders are all over 30!!!!!
They might also collapse like AC Milan did last season when the youth and verve of the Arsenal lads took them apart.
Jose would be wary of that and this is why i think he would be looking to put Essien, Lampard and Hleb into the mix.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Some African Football Teams Use Animal Names As Their Nicknames??? / Baron VIP Betting Apps / Funny Nicknames Of Premiership Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.