Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

The Special One Is Back! - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Special One Is Back! (2621 Views)

LOL! Funny Pic: Porto 2 Chelsea 1 And You Say Mourinho Is The Special One / Nigerian Special Athletes Win Big At The Special Olympics Games In Usa..photos / Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Special One Is Back! by Uche2nna(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2008
nightrider:

He messed up with Shaun Wright Phillips, Alex, Boularhouz, Malouda, tiago, ben Haim, Pizarro, Maniche ( loan) , Kezman, paulo ferriera, Jarosik, Aiser Del Horno, Shevchenko ( even though forced on him) John Mikel Obi. ( questionable, but def not up to hsi potential) Sidwell ( did he even play a game)

I don't believe that these guys were really flops in the strict sense of the word. Me thinks it is more of tactics rather than talent. Mo tactics of being unaccomdating @ the back, stingy in the middle and fighting for scraps up front is enough to stifle out a lot of talent. Age is catching up with Shev but I still don't believe he is that bad. That John Mikel Obi ended with  defensive responsiblities is another testament to Mo's tactics. Even world class midfieders like Ballack did not find it funny under Mo's reign.

I wonder what tactical approach he is going to use @ IM.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by hustler(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2008
Na wa oo, All this for Mourinho, Someone Moratti will sack in the next 3 seasons maxxx, LOL.

The idiot is demanding for Hamsik to be his first signing that he doesnt want Deco, Mumu guy.De Laurentis would be a fool to sell dat boy who would be worth 60mm pounds in the next 2 seasons to dat prick.

Truth is as far as i'm concerned Mourinho is just an overhyped coach thanks of course to the English media. New coach comes in,inherits a good team, makes one or additions without any meaninful impact, wins the league after their 50 abi na 55 yr wait, toys with the media, insults refs and coaches,,calls some of them voyeurs LOLZZZ, then he's God.

No doubt he polished his credentials very well with the consecutive UEFA and UCL wins, his man mgt and psychological edge is also okay but he is not dat good in the transfer mkt and doesnt really request for the right players like sumone pointed out.

A Drogba Ibra partnership would be bad. But can he control Inter;s players with their extra big egos?? U sub ppl like Ibra,Figo,Vieira, and they will be insulting u.
Mancini lost the dressing room, i believe Jose too can lose it. He shldnt try to make drastic changes. Keep Esteban and Zanetti in the middle.Keep Balotelli,

Which one be my own sef??

FORZA MILAN
ZAmbrotta IN
Flamini IN
Boriello IN
Maggio-----on d way
Eto'o------ on d way
GAUCHO---- Only Laporta can decide.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Razorr(f): 12:25pm On Jun 03, 2008
@Xerxes

Essien has said he ain't going nowhere, so let it rest. grin
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2008
"
Razorr:

@Xerxes

Keep living in denial.
Arjen Robben said the same thing last season before he dumped Chelsea for Real Madrid.
I am watching Jose's press conference now and he wants Essien.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by justkunmi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 03, 2008
Razorr:

Have when started taking Footballer's comments seriously??
Henry, Robben,. . .?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by tkb417(m): 5:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
Na wa oo, All this for Mourinho, Someone Moratti will sack in the next 3 seasons maxxx, LOL.

The idiot is demanding for Hamsik to be his first signing that he doesnt want Deco, Mumu guy.De Laurentis would be a fool to sell that boy who would be worth 60mm pounds in the next 2 seasons to that prick.

Truth is as far as i'm concerned Mourinho is just an overhyped coach thanks of course to the English media. New coach comes in,inherits a good team, makes one or additions without any meaninful impact, wins the league after their 50 abi na 55 yr wait, toys with the media, insults refs and coaches,,calls some of them voyeurs LOLZZZ, then he's God.

No doubt he polished his credentials very well with the consecutive UEFA and UCL wins, his man mgt and psychological edge is also okay but he is not that good in the transfer mkt and doesnt really request for the right players like sumone pointed out.

A Drogba Ibra partnership would be bad. But can he control Inter;s players with their extra big egos?? You sub people like Ibra,Figo,Vieira, and they will be insulting u.
Mancini lost the dressing room, i believe Jose too can lose it.
He shldnt try to make drastic changes. Keep Esteban and Zanetti in the middle.Keep Balotelli,

Which one be my own sef??
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Hustler lemme take u on the points highlighted
why do you think Hamsik will be worth 60m in few years? its just like saying the newest signing for spurs luka modric will be worth 60million cos of the skills hes got. I believe Hamsik is a player for the future, but wait it out and lets see what the future portends.

by the way, will he get a first team shirt at Inter? i'd rather he still stays at napoli to learn some more b4 moving and of course, Maureen is not the kinda coach who loves to groom. hes like his former boss (Roman). victory at all cost

Like i said, maureen is here today cos of that dumb ref. that disallowed scholes goal. I dont think hes over rated sha, i'll say hes a lucky bastard

drogba and Ibracadabra will spell dooooooom!!! no need to say too much. i dont really know how this guy wanna leave with morratti. he calls the shots and if im not wrong, thats what caused the frcition at the bridge. or, is he now ready to be an assistant coach to Morratti. Morratti buys, Morratti fires!!!
I read somewhere that he doesnt want maureen to tamper too much with the team that has won so much. the begining of wahala

what will mauren do with viera, figo and people like that
im seriously interested in this unfolding drama

verdict: maureen will abscond from the team one midnite grin grin grin

PS: benfica needs a coach, let him go back and win another UCL
Re: The Special One Is Back! by A40(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2008
You cant convince me that one or two Chelsea players wouldnt leave for Inter

@Razorr
Does it mean you are packing off to Inter too? grin

P.S:Mourinho is such a loudmouth that guy just talks too much Special this Important that why cant that dude just act his age tongue
Re: The Special One Is Back! by jgirl3: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeah I heard that Mumurinho wants Drogba to come with him. That's going to be beautiful. I'll never see Drogba's face in the EPL for a long time to come.
Now let's see the puppets move along with Mumurinho. Maybe this is going to mark the beginning of the trying times for Chelsea grin I'm so excited to see this beautiful outcome.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by A40(m): 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2008
There is definitely gonna be a massive clear-out at Inter thats for sure.Moratti is also notoriously soft with his players so something definitely has to give
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Akolawole(m): 8:22pm On Jun 03, 2008
nightrider:

Even if Mourinho gets $500 million dollars his ability to buy talented players should be called into question. The guys success rate is 2/10

Majority of the great players, apart from Essien, Drogba and Carvalho which he brought in wer Ranieri's buys.

He messed up with Shaun Wright Phillips, Alex, Boularhouz, Malouda, tiago, ben Haim, Pizarro, Maniche ( loan) , Kezman, paulo ferriera, Jarosik, Aiser Del Horno, Shevchenko ( even though forced on him) John Mikel Obi. ( questionable, but def not up to hsi potential) Sidwell ( did he even play a game)

all major flops, the list is longer, but i can't remember them all.

Out of the 100 million moratti gives him, he'll probably spend 80 millon on flops. Claudio Ranieri Was a better Judge of Players. He bought in Arjen Robben and Petr Cech Before he left, Bought Lampard and Joe cole etc.

Mourinho knows how to bring the best out of certain players. But can he buy players. If i wer him i'd keep the squad Mancini has left behind.

You are just silly grin

You are not one of those muppets , so i am suprised thats why i always like to read from 4play, Rikky and few others.

1) What happen to Veron at United ? [ The best attacking midfeilder inthe world atthat time]

2) What do Wenger do to Bentley, Quincy-Abeyei and Lauren?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by nightrider: 12:31am On Jun 04, 2008
Akolawole

Please do not in any way ever compare the buying skills of Sir ALEXANDER THE GREAT FERGUSON, ARSENE THE ARSENAL WINNINGER to that of JOSE ARROGANTO BORINGho.

How many wonderful players has Alex ferguson raised over the years. How many of Sir ALex's buy have failed. He raised Beckham, scholes, gigs, neville, ronaldo to name a few. Arsene Wenger raised fabregas, henry, viera, van persie,. These are men who know how to spot talent.

Everyone is guaranteed failure at some point and they've both failed with certain players.

But Mourinho has failed and failed woefully, look at that list. In Just 3 seasons. No wonder Abramovich insisted on buying players for him and shutting up the cheque book. Mourinho does not have the ability to spot talent, he can motivate existing talent to greatness, but he cannot spot it.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Akolawole(m): 2:21am On Jun 04, 2008
@Nightie

You are becoming another thing daily, no wonder you intend to leave Arsenal. I am not sure maybena your office driver dey use your password these days i just don't know grin. This is not Nightrider we knew 2 years ago.

The bedrock of SAF's team is his own boys that joined United while they are in secondary schools. Please don't just compare him to wenger at all. If Paul or Rio isin Arsenal, Do you think they will still be playing?

Its better to clarify those names one by one and please your response must be legible and clear so that your fellow muppet could learn from this? grin
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 2:33am On Jun 04, 2008
@ Akolawole,

What Nightrider is trying to say is Jose works with finished products unlike Wenger/Ferguson who take time to build a solid team.
Look at the mess Jose has left Chelsea with. . . . . The only youngster in Chelsea is Mikel Obi(who's been played out of position).
Compare Chelsea to a Man Utd team that has got(Rooney, Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Ramsey*, Manucho) or Arsenal(Cesc, Adebayor, Fabianski, Van Persie, Walcott, Bendtner and Denilson).
What's the next step for Chelsea if all your old guards retire?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Akolawole(m): 2:35am On Jun 04, 2008

@All

Please i would like only NightRider to respond to this for now Please

@NightRider

1) Who signed Alex?
2a) How much does it cost Chelsea to buy Pizaro, Sidwell and Tal
2b) What circumstances brought them to chelsea?
3) How do Tiago become a flop? Is Tiago a Talent or not? Why didhe leave chelsea? cry

4) Is maniche ever a Flop under Mourinho? Why did he came briefly and why did he go back?

5) Who brough Belharouz? Do you know the Frank Arnsen connection?

6) Who bought Jarosik for Chelsea?

7) Is Paulo a flop in Chelsea?

cool Is Mikel a flop? When has he play better, Under Grant or JM?

9) Please relate the signing and delivery of SWP to Wenger's £10m "fox in the box"?

Please dont muddle it up, one by one with numbering will do. Cheers
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Akolawole(m): 2:38am On Jun 04, 2008
@Jackal

Please dont be his mouthpiece?

Let him respond.

Please, lets carry our own discussion elsewhere while i wait for him.

I have read many stupid things on Nairaland even if Stamford bridge toilet cease to be working next year, they will say its Mourinho. grin
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 2:40am On Jun 04, 2008
Why only Nightrider? grin grin grin grin grin

We don't care the circumstances that led Chelsea to buy all those flops.
Jose Mourinho is the manager so he should take responsibility.
You keep talking about Shevchenko, Boulahrouz and Jarosik. . . . . what about flops like Sidwell, Ben Haim and Pizarro?
Who forced those players on Mourinho? He bought those players himself and its not a secret that Chelsea's strength still lies with Claudio Ranieri's men.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Akolawole(m): 2:42am On Jun 04, 2008
@Service

Please let him respond first

Have you ever see any Portuguese flop in the premiership?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Xerxes4(m): 2:46am On Jun 04, 2008
Thiago was a flop. . . . . Maniche was a super flop. . . . .Hilario( my grandmother would give a better performance in a blue shirt).
Akola, don't lemme open Chelsea's can of worms. grin cheesy
Re: The Special One Is Back! by ritchboy(m): 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2008
According to akolawole. . . Bentley, owusu abeyei and lauren were flops.dat is by far d daftest statement i've read this month.
Lauren was an important member of the 'invincibles',he made the pfa team of the season dat year and was the BEST rb in the epl then.
As for owusu & bentley, how can unknown teenagers who came up from the academy and later moved on due to lack of 1st team action be regarded as flops?so if sahar leaves chelsea next season, hes a flop?
I think u need to lie down.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by nightrider: 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2008
Akolawole grin
Akolawole:

@Nightie
I am not sure maybena your office driver dey use your password these days i just don't know grin.

Akola grin grin grin

Thats mad funny!!

But honestly, i don't care the circumstances that made them come to chelsea, Mourinho brought in all these players. And they've all been crap. The guy can't buy players simple. All this jamb questions wey u they ask me, will not change it.

Arsene wenger has messed up with certain players notably Francis Jeffers. Alex signed Veron , yes we agree. But cannot co mpare the buying skills of alex or arsene to Boringho.
Re: The Special One Is Back! by nazzyon(m): 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
Trully Mourinho was successful at Chelsea but it was reported that back 2003/2004 while he was a Coach for FC Porto they bribed the referees to win the league.

All Chelsea fans should just be praying that in another 4 or 5 from now that a news like this should not come up

Present, FC Porto has been banned from next season Champions league
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Novacaine(m): 4:37pm On Jun 05, 2008
Mourinho might be a good coach but he certainly doesnt know how to spot and groom talent.Mourinho deals with ready made players most of the time.Its been proven beyond reasonable doubt that Mourinho is a very poor buyer of players

Lauren,Bentley flops? statements like that make me question not just some people's football intelligence but their intelligence in general
Re: The Special One Is Back! by Novacaine(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2008
Mourinho couldnt buy players to save his life.We could lineup two squads of flops he has brought to Chelsea in his brief stay there.I liken his case to someone giving me a Ferrari and someone giving Schumacher a Beetle and telling us to race on a freeway i would definitely leave him in the dust.Mourinho is a poor spotter of talent nuff said!!

Bentley,Lauren flops? What wont i hear on NL?
Re: The Special One Is Back! by dyabman(m): 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2008
~Xerxes~:

Thiago was a flop. . . . . Maniche was a super flop. . . . .Hilario( my grandmother would give a better performance in a blue shirt).
Akola, don't let me open Chelsea's can of worms. grin cheesy

what can of worms?, Your grandmother is too old to do such physical activities, She sleeps on her bed all day , she cant even carry a spoon to eat or a cup to drink so what up with her walking to the football pitch not to talk of Stamford bridge, Ile Iku why are u disgracing urself huh?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mikel Obi Engaged To His Russian Girlfriend Olga Diyachenko / S£x Scandal: How Nigeria Football Star, Kelechi Iheanacho Impregnated Many Women / 10 Tallest Nba Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.