Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,568 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 (925 Views)

Download Mozilla Firefox For Java Phone Here!!! / Configure Proxy Settings In Mozilla Firefox / Firefox Tabbed Browsing Is Helping Scammers In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by webemerald(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2008
lets join firefox in their mission to set a Guinness World Record for the most software downloaded in 24 hours! World Download Day is fast approaching. Will you pledge to help Mozilla reach its goal?

Currently only 109 people have pledged from Nigeria

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by yawatide(f): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2008
LOL,

As a FF user going on 4 years, I wish many many more download it. There are so many neat tools that come with it, not to mention, it's the one that follows web standards the most.

A lot of sites in Nigeria look awful in FF. When asked, the developers in charge often resort to the "well, majority of Nigerians use IE" excuse forgetting that more often than not, websites (the ones that offer goods and services at least) aren't usually meant for where they are located but for those in far away countries and there is no telling what browsers they use. Last year, I believe 20% of the world's surfing population used FF and I pray it grows more and more.

Goooooo Firefox!
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by Bizl4Rizl(m): 12:23am On Jun 04, 2008
u r very right about that. . . most naija sites are configured for IE. . . so annoying!
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by smartsoft(m): 12:21pm On Jun 04, 2008
well as a designer/developer you got to do your best to make sure it all fits in Opera/Firfox/Crazy Broswer/Netscape/ including IE1-7
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by yawatide(f): 2:24pm On Jun 04, 2008
@smartsoft

LOL. IE1?!? When were you born?
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by Mustay(m): 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2008
I don't like the firefox3 undecided
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by hanen(f): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2008
Mustay:

I don't like the firefox3 undecided

Why? What's NOT to love about it? Especially the nifty, new address bar and the extensions!

@post

I sure did!
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by Mustay(m): 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2008
The new address bar is[i] wahala-ish[/i] wink
Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by uspry1(f): 9:12pm On Jun 22, 2008
smartsoft:

well as a designer/developer you got to do your best to make sure it all fits in Opera/Firfox/Crazy Broswer/Netscape/ including IE1-7

@all webmasters

@smartsoft is correct that designer/developer ensures that your sites must fit browser compatibility ERROR-FREE!!!

Popular Internet Browsers:
source cited: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers (scroll down all the way down)

Re: Are You Participating In The Firefox Download Day 2008 by niyyie(m): 6:26am On Jun 23, 2008
I consider myself a Firefox fan and I downloaded Firefox 3 too - not sure if my download fell within the timeframe to help set that record.

(1) (Reply)

Question 2: How To Prevent An Image From Storing In The Cache / Sql Injection How Do I Prevent It / E-training Platform, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.