Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. (1080 Views)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 / A Program To Tell Ur Zodiac Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by EhiGid(m): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
I GOT A PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP TO UNDERGO TRAINING WITH AN I.T GIANT LEADING TO INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION.

I was born in the early 90's and on my Bsc. I already obtained NCE from one of the Colleges of Education in Edo State. In my quest for IT knowledge & a prospect in my career, i undertook a scholarship examination initiated by CCT,Benin city and qualified for a partial scholarship on any one of the programs(below).
*MICROSOFT:-MCSE 2012,MICROSOFT SOL server 2012(MIS), Microsoft Office,visual Basic,.Net,Microsoft project. MGT,MCITP/MCSE 2012
*ORACLE:- Oracle 11G,Oracle 11i,PHP&my SQL,Java.
*CISCO:- CCNA,CCNP.
*COMPTIA:- CompTIA A+,Security+,cOmptIA N+.
*GRAPHICS:- Web design,Autocad/Archicad,Creative publishing.
*OTHERS:- Project MGT(PMP),CISA,Linux,ITIL,National Innovative Diploma.

I am not the COMPUTER BRAINY type but zealous, an optimist and a GOAL GETTER-who gives all in other to achieve a goal.
NOW THIS IS WHERE YOUR CANDID ADVICE IS ENVISAGED. I am not a guru with computer concepts yet-only got the basic knowledge.From the programmes listed above, which will you advice for a fulltime undergraduate;a student ready to learn and a brother zealous to ensure better placement in the Labour market as well as financial prospect. THANKS.
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by GraphicsPlus(m): 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
Any of them can give you a placement in the labour market.
Any of them can position you to create jobs in the labour market.
It all depends where your passion lies.
I advice you take out time to do a thorough research and read about each of them and then look inside you and find out the one you believe fits your personality. All of them are great courses. If after reading about all them and you are not satisfied to choose any of them, then turn down the scholarship offer.
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by EhiGid(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Any of them can give you a placement in the labour market.
I advice you take out time to do a thorough research and read about each of them and then look inside you and find out the one you believe fits your personality. All of them are great courses. If after reading about all them and you are not satisfied to choose any of them, then turn down the scholarship offer.
I really appreciate your contribution. Any other?
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
If you are the handy type that always wants to get your hands to action this is what you should consider as they are purely hardwares

*CISCO:- CCNA,CCNP.
*COMPTIA:- CompTIA A+,Security+,cOmptIA N+

But if you and the Software/Programming type, then you can deal with any of the rest.
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by EhiGid(m): 4:50am On Aug 09, 2013
Thanks EddieBruk.
Y not denying the fact that i may not be too comfortable with memorizing lots of concepts as it is obtained in Programming courses, i am looking forward to a course that wouldn't necessary be important due to the certification but can also be utilise for personal benefit(s). As long as i would love to remain in the teaching career that i am building, i want a course dat will compliment it.
NB
As for those of una wen dey view without leaving a reply, make una still advice a brother now. #PleadinWithCourtesy
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by spikesC(m): 9:28am On Aug 09, 2013
*ORACLE:- Oracle 11G,Oracle 11i,PHP&my SQL,Java.

I would do with this;

It covers enterprise databases (Oracle/MySql)
web development (PHP)
desktop programming, mobile development, embedded programming etc. (Java)
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by Skinni10ne: 5:30am On Aug 10, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Any of them can give you a placement in the labour market.

I think he said it all. You have to do research on all of them. Only you knows what you are interested in as they are all quite different. But u shouldnt turn down the scholarship...

I personally would choose:
1. Project mgt
2. Graphic
3. Oracle
grin

2 Likes

Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by EhiGid(m): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
@Skinni1one: thanks
Re: Please, Advice Me On The Program To Select As A Course Of Study. by Skinni10ne: 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
No problem smiley

(1) (Reply)

Php Array_unique Error / How Pass.ng Was Programmed / Join Nigeria's First Social Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.